Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


8,751 to 8,800 of 10,695 << first < prev | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | next > last >>

Okay – for this to work…

So – basically – here’s how it’s going to go down.

1. All those who wish to approach close enough to the enemy to do any damage or cause effect needs to leave the group and move up using Stealth. You don’t all need to come, and do this – if your stealth sucks – it sucks. Hang back in the cover of the trees. If you advance to the point of cover – you will need Stealth – at which point you move up to the trees, somewhere right off the bad guys, take time to aim, and fire your shots.

2. You see there are four humanoids – what race they are you won’t know until you move much closer. At which point, if you want to take a moment to “assess the situation” – you are free to. It won’t penalize you – but it may give you some valuable clues on how to deal with them – possibly – (as in, if they ARE humans you gain your bonus to them – but if you don’t know they’re humans – how can you gain the bonus, as you don’t know where their precious “Vital Spots” are, and so on).

3. Then I will need each member of the party to take aim and shoot their target – make sure you PICK your target first – unless you want to shoot your man. Here’s where it gets tricky –

It’s s surprise round – so you get the bonuses accordingly – you all make your attacks – none of the guys will scream or call out – with one POTENTIAL exception – namely the guy that Cali is thinking about pouncing. The exception here is that once the others are dead – Cali will need to make an Initiative Check against this guy to see if she can make her move first. I know this is a bit unconventional – but it is because “Calling out” is a free action – and there is no reason this guy shouldn’t be able to scream when he sees Cali charging the last five feet into his face – unless he is really slow – in which case – he missed her – hence the Initiative check for last guy and Cali.

Toward that end – if there is anything the party can do to assist with Cali’s Initiative – that may be helpful.

Meanwhile –

Brett has a musket, and two pistols – and Arasmes has a crossbow. Brett is willing to share his weapons with anyone who is feeling bold – and it sounds like Arasmes is, too. Although Brett’s firearms are “small” – which grants you a penalty to hit – and you are not proficient with them – a Firearm only needs to make a Range Touch Attack in the first range increment – even if you are not a Gunslinger (FYI – Grit points merely extend this advantage quite a bit). Anyone who uses a Firearm at this time will be at a -6 to hit (as they are both Small Weapons and you aren’t proficient with them) – but it is a Ranged Touch attack – which may be useful to you – mainly because the bad guys will be denied their Dexterity bonus at this time.

So – does anyone want to borrow Brett’s Musket? He is going to use pistols at his target. If so – let me know – the Musket Brett carries is 1d10 Weapon and has a 40 foot range increment.

FYI - Yeah - I just realized I didn't make this clear before - there are 4 guards to this place - if that helps any plans. Good luck!


Okay – responding to GM Step by Step

1. Once Brett hears the plans of the group – he intends to move silently through the forest – not on the path, roughly 10 feet off of it, until he can move around to the outer part of the trees. His intention is to be in range for a “Ranged Sneak Attack” – and use his pistols on the enemy. Once he sties his enemy – he intends to kill whoever is on the far “left” of the group.

2. Brett will pause and take his time – he is hoping for a signal on when to attack – and assume the signal will be the sound of “thunder” via the Ghost Sound. Once he hears “thunder” without seeing any lightening – he’ll take his shot – on whoever is on the far left.

Brett’s Stealth Roll –
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Brett’s Perception Roll to check these villains out and see what race they are –
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 – minus any penalties for range increment; that is - +2 DC for unfavorable Conditions and +2 to DC because the targets are 30 feet away (the first 10 feet don’t count). His DC to detect what race his target is will be Base 5 + 2 + 2 = 9.

As soon as you do Ghost Sound – Brett will take his shot with any advantages for Race - now that he has identified his target. He'd tell you what he saw - but, that kind of negates the point of being stealthy...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh will stay hidden in the cover of trees at this point and allow the others more capable with bows and rifles to steathily move forward and take out the 4 guards. "At this point I can't be of assistance in attacking, so I shall remain hidden until I am needed. Good luck."

Dior remains with his mistress, knowing his size and wings do not make for great stealth.

Ariarh remembering something, quickly and quietly speaks with those ready to make a move forward,

"Brett, Kae, I can conjure a fog cloud that may assist in your concealment, if you'd think it would help."

A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can't use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses the fog in 4 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round.

Range 160 ft
Effect fog spreads in 20-ft. radius
Duration 60 mins
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"Without magic I'm not very stealthy. However, I can hit with a bow from here."

Bow's have a range of 100' So even if it's farther than that you can still possibly hit with some negatives.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

To undertake ghost sound, Isani needs to be closer to the guards, so she has to quietly move within 30 feet -- taking cover behind any trees or surrounding foliage when she reaches that point, and she will assist General Ka'etil in creating the sound of thunder. She will not be attacking the guards (she is support only), simply using the thunder sound to mask Brett's shot with his musket. She will wait on General Ka'etil's signal before undertaking ghost sound.

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Perception to determine race of the 4 guards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (minus associated penalties for distance, +2 unfavourable conditions, +2 distance to guards/creatures)

Doesn't the rain/storm give us a small advantage for stealth due to the ongoing noise of the storm and heavy rainfall obscuring the form of a person in the dark?


::I'll sneak close and see if I can tell what race the guards are.::

Stealth 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Mister makes a wide arc (not head on) and approaches the guards from the side. He does this as soon as the topic comes up so it'll probably be before the attack happens.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Dain GM wrote:
Kae - as you are going to be 3 hours behind us - that means if we start at 7:30 you'll be on at around 4:30 your time - and good for about 5 hours - give or take - which is pretty much Arasmes's hard cut off time anyway...

That's 3.5 hrs for me so I would appreciate starting on time. Just saying.


Isani Isu wrote:

To undertake ghost sound, Isani needs to be closer to the guards, so she has to quietly move within 30 feet -- taking cover behind any trees or surrounding foliage when she reaches that point, and she will assist General Ka'etil in creating the sound of thunder. She will not be attacking the guards (she is support only), simply using the thunder sound to mask Brett's shot with his musket. She will wait on General Ka'etil's signal before undertaking ghost sound.

Stealth: 1d20
Perception to determine race of the 4 guards: 1d20+7 (minus associated penalties for distance, +2 unfavourable conditions, +2 distance to guards/creatures)

Doesn't the rain/storm give us a small advantage for stealth due to the ongoing noise of the storm and heavy rainfall obscuring the form of a person in the dark?

Indeed it does! But you won't know what the DC is until the guards roll their "perception" checks - that is the DC you need to beat. However - your Stealth won't be modified as much as their "Perception" will be negatified - or, whatever that word is supposed to mean...

But you know what I'm saying :)


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Kae - as you are going to be 3 hours behind us - that means if we start at 7:30 you'll be on at around 4:30 your time - and good for about 5 hours - give or take - which is pretty much Arasmes's hard cut off time anyway...
That's 3.5 hrs for me so I would appreciate starting on time. Just saying.

Ooh Rah! I'm with you - see you in about 95 minutes on Skype - we'll get it on then...

Let's DO it!


Isani Isu wrote:

To undertake ghost sound, Isani needs to be closer to the guards, so she has to quietly move within 30 feet -- taking cover behind any trees or surrounding foliage when she reaches that point, and she will assist General Ka'etil in creating the sound of thunder. She will not be attacking the guards (she is support only), simply using the thunder sound to mask Brett's shot with his musket. She will wait on General Ka'etil's signal before undertaking ghost sound.

Stealth: 1d20
Perception to determine race of the 4 guards: 1d20+7 (minus associated penalties for distance, +2 unfavourable conditions, +2 distance to guards/creatures)

Doesn't the rain/storm give us a small advantage for stealth due to the ongoing noise of the storm and heavy rainfall obscuring the form of a person in the dark?

You believe - though you're not entire sure - that they're either humans, or possibly half-elves. They're too big/bulky for normal elves - and they otherwise fit the body type of elves or humans - other then their girth.

It is possible - however - that they may also be Mul's - as you've seen those sorts before - but you somehow doubt it. If what Khromm told you is true - breeding a human and a dwarf together is not something that is voluntary - as only 1 in 4 children survive - and only 1 in 10 mothers survive the birthing - but, it means that if the guards are ALL Mul's - and they're just the guards.... well; this could be tricky.

Still you're pretty sure they're human - possibly half-elf.

They're garbed in long cloaks - probably to keep out the weather. You can see sword hilts from their cloaks - but no evidence of ranged weapons at this time.

Brett concurs with your theories - and is further willing to say that they are ALL human - as he can tell a human fairly easily [ooc[Re: Favored Enemy for Brett/[/ooc]


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

i'll be home in about an hour, and toss up my rolls, and jump on skype


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Should be fun. Remember I may be gone for a little while after 8 to put Gav to sleep.


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

Whoopass can...I be openin it in 1 hour.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:
i'll be home in about an hour, and toss up my rolls, and jump on skype

IMPOSSIBLE - it is now more then 1 hour and 20 minutes - and we're all here - but no Waiph - very sad :*(


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

In her mind, she thinks, ::Mister, please pass this message to the others. The guards appear to be human or at the very least half-elf.::


Isani Isu wrote:
In her mind, she thinks, ::Mister, please pass this message to the others. The guards appear to be human.::

He does.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

"I can call down lightning to strike the last guard so as to not alert the others with the light and sound. I will wait to see what you do first", she says to the group, hoping Mister translates the information to those further up the hill.

Ry starts casting as it takes 1 round.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Cali and Arasmes are good to go


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon bow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 ⇒ 5

Poison save DC 15 or fall prone for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes initiative should it be needed. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Cali initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh's initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Dior's initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Mister holds his initiative to act when Shae does. Also Mister moves to Shae's shoulders.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani's Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

Shaezon bow 1d20+5;1d6

Poison save DC 15 or fall prone for 1d4+1 rounds.

Shae attacks guy number 2 - who has to make a Fortitude Roll of DC 14.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae's attack
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
for
for 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (6) + 2 = 16

Kae's stealth
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Brett attacks bad guys -

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

IF he hits -
1d6 + 1d6 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 1 + 4 + 2 = 12


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Kae's attack

1d20+7+2
for
for 1d8+3+1d6+2

Kae's stealth
1d20+11

perception
1d20+10

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari's shot at guard 4
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
for
1d8 ⇒ 3

Oops, drops bow... guess that's why she doesn't bother using one...


Bad guys Initiative -

Guard 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Guard 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Guard 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

Cali swoops down onto guard 4 and mauls him.

Bite Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 + (6) = 20

Claw Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (4) = 13

Claw Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (5) = 15

Wing Buffet Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (1) = 5


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Crit confirm and damage

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae's Init
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Brett's Ini

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Guard 1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Guard 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ry's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Dior's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari's Init
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Cali Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani's Init: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae charges guard 1 quietly...

Glaive reach
1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 16
for
1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

Guy 3Bite Attack 1d200 + 6 ⇒ (130) + 6 = 136
Damage 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 + (2) = 18

Guy 3Claw Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (5) = 16

Guy 2Claw Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (4) = 14

Guy 2Wing Buffet Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3) = 9


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

crap lol that first is 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male

Dior flies over and pounces, attacking with claws Guard 2,

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d24 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Claw Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari Charges guy 3 who is prone... did not include the bonus

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
for
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Firing at #1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 ⇒ 1

Fort DC 15 or fall prone for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani reaches over and touches the musket and casts magic weapon on Brett's musket. +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls for 6 mins.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes says in a very gravely voice I love it when a plan comes together. before clearing his throat and speaking in a normal voice. Well done.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae investigates!
perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

he investigtes stealthily... shhhhh
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae "stealths" up and searches

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Search 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Mister is on Shae's shoulders so will use his stealth, but he too looks around

Search 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Ariarh begins to steathily move up the hill, looking around and investigating the bodies of the guards.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Mister resumes his mind linking duties.

::What now?::

8,751 to 8,800 of 10,695 << first < prev | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.