Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


8,701 to 8,750 of 10,695 << first < prev | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | next > last >>

HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari's used her Illusion of Calm. If we're there for 15 minutes, she has the chance to prepare the spell again in her blank spell slot, and she's used 1 Arcane Pool point

"We should try to find the silver fellows quick. Lets head along the path, shouldn't take as long to explore that as the woods, so better chances of finding them in good shape in the end."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon would have gone with brett when they went to open the door.

"I have used my armor, but it will remain active for many more hours. I have also used a summon monster and my combat chain. I have more spells at my disposal and am still quite combat capable."


WIth a nod Mister hops off Isani's shoulder and flies out the door (or lands and nudges it open if it's closed).

Mister will stealth fully fly down the coastline scanning the water for Ariah's surface thoughts. His telepathy is a 60'cone, so if he flies 55' up he can cover a lot of area relatively quickly. He assumes Ariah hasn't gone too far.

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

Perception? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

She finds her way from the edge of the water to the door of the stone cottage. Mister had filled her in on the details and she was eager to reunite with her party, although the rain had already soaked her through and her wet braided hair was plastered to her back. Yet it felt good to be back in her usual form.

Looking at the group assembled in the room, she interrupts the conversation, "Mister advised me that you plan on following the path. Brett please take the lead and the rest of us will follow. The storm is still going strong out there", the raindrops sliding from her hair down her face, testament to her words. "Is there anything else I should be made aware of?"


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani also has holy water and oil and CLW potions in her possession.

"My apologies, Mister Brett, I shall choose my words in the Common tongue more wisely in the future", Isani bows and backs away a little from the Holbyt councilman. Upon hearing the Lady druid's voice by the door, she turns on her heel and gazes at their leader, answering her question, "It is good to see you, my Lady. Mister Brett has come up with a theory that some of the strange folk in this place may have turned on their own upon hearing that those in charge wanted to experiment on a little dragon girl. Their leader would have deemed them traitors and any others who stood up for Anuk-su and against the order. The poor mutated creature hanging on the rafter, whom we interviewed through the Nosoi earlier today, could have been executed for disagreeing with his master's order to cut into Anuk-su. If the dragon princess has garnered some support among the people of this island, she and the kobold guard may stand a better chance of surviving, yet the enemy leader must be very angry by the dissidence." Isani then goes silent in case the Councilmen want to speak among each other before setting off on the discovered path.

In her mind she sends a message to the pseudodragon now nestled about the wizard's neck, ::You were very quick, little telepath. Thank you for returning with the Lady Ariarh.::


Isani Isu wrote:
In her mind she sends a message to the pseudodragon now nestled about the wizard's neck, ::You were very quick, little telepath. Thank you for returning with the Lady Ariarh.::

With no trace of humility Mister responds immediately with

::Get to know me. I'm Amazing.::


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3
Mister wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:
In her mind she sends a message to the pseudodragon now nestled about the wizard's neck, ::You were very quick, little telepath. Thank you for returning with the Lady Ariarh.::

With no trace of humility Mister responds immediately with

::Get to know me. I'm Amazing.::

::I look forward to it, little telepath.::


Isani Isu wrote:
Mister wrote:
Isani Isu wrote:
In her mind she sends a message to the pseudodragon now nestled about the wizard's neck, ::You were very quick, little telepath. Thank you for returning with the Lady Ariarh.::

With no trace of humility Mister responds immediately with

::Get to know me. I'm Amazing.::

::I look forward to it, little telepath.::

Though he really doesn't have the mouth parts to do it with, you swear Mister just smiled at you for a second.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes has 3 summon monsters left and has used 1 second level spell. That leaves him with 3 second level and 6 first level left. That being said Arasmes is going to cast Mage Armor on Caliphana which will last 6 hours leaving him with 5 first level spells left.


Okay – let’s get the show on the road!

So – I got to say it – here’s the thing;

I dig this is a play by post, but – we’ve all been hitting the boards so sporadically and all over that things aren’t getting done fast enough/clear enough. For example – Shae and Arasmes are out spells as they were forced to cast some they may not have chosen to. Some of you also made decisions that were rushed, and then were in a awkward position because things didn’t go very well.

So – here’s what I want to do.

I want everyone to pick a date/time we can meet together as a team – and we’ll knock out combat fast and neat. My guess is, this combat can be broken up into about 2 sessions, total – depending on how we go. If we can block out 1 time in the next week – we may be able to get it done fast. I’m talking like one night – maybe two at most. Then the combat is done fast – the book is done fast – and we all get a chance to get it done and move on to a slower paced game.

We don’t need to do maptools even – maybe just skype it – if you guys are up for that. If so – I just need a time, and a date – from everyone who’s on board with getting the fight done clean and fast.

After the fight is done – I will be taking a few days to compile all the notes – and all the details – then, send you guys your new details, information, treasure, bonuses – the usual stuff like that. Then I will send everyone all their cool stuff/treasures/what-have-you – and you’ll spend a little bit of time telling me what you want to do with all that stuff in the coming in game “year” – then, after that, I’ll take YOUR notes – fast-forward the group, and you’ll start book 7 with new details and your city/business cooking and ready to back your new adventures.

I just need to know when you guys want to meet, and what you want to do – but I want to the game to go quick at this point; soon as possible, and fast and neat. If we have to wait three days for everyone to get going – I say that is better then posting all sorts of stuff that is all over the place and disconnected – when people are NPC’d just because they can’t be on at the right time.

So – when are you guys available for a group team-up mass-combat finish the bad guys?

Just let me know what time, date works for you. If possible – please use Eastern Standard Time.


I’m available any time after 8:00 PM for the following two weeks – once I know a group consensus – then I will make myself available for the group. Yay!


FYI – meanwhile – though I am waiting for answers on the combat – we can still do some social RP – if you want to – but real action won’t really happen until I know more on what the crew wants to do, and when.

But until I know more - this part of the game will be slowing down. I want us all back and doing cool things, I want us to be joining up, smashing bad guys - and doing bad-ass stuff together!

In short - I'm putting the band back together!

Ooh Rah!


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

I don't know when/if I'll be available. It is really hard for me to schedule a time and since moving into a small apartment with the wife and kids I can't be talking late or I will keep them up. If we do skype I MAY be able to chat through text. I am actually ok with continuing with the play by post as it is but whatever the group decides is fine.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
I don't know when/if I'll be available. It is really hard for me to schedule a time and since moving into a small apartment with the wife and kids I can't be talking late or I will keep them up. If we do skype I MAY be able to chat through text. I am actually ok with continuing with the play by post as it is but whatever the group decides is fine.

Well - that's always been the case for you - and it's always worked fairly well, I think. Just having you text is fine - if you can hear the group talking and offer suggestions directly, because what I'm afraid of is someone NPCing your guy and having you do something that you don't want to do - like a burn a spell that isn't needed, for example.

But the same goes for everyone - if, at the very least, our only communication is the board alone - I still want a time and place when we can all be on the board and just toss up some hard and fast posting - refreshing at least every 5 minutes to see what's up - not 1 post, then an hour later go to look what happened, and find out 8 posts were made - including one in which you were NPC'd - simply because you (and by you - I mean anyone) just happened to be out of the room.

So yeah, even if our only communication is on the board - knowing we'll all be there, looking frequently - and not having to second-guess each others plans on combat, and so on... Skype would make it easy to clarify things with questions - maptools even easier - but, that's all good - if we can only do "I'll be on the board from 9 - 12 - and refreshing at least once every 10 minutes as I'll be multitasking" - I think that night will be a hell of a lot more productive then what we've been doing so far - I just want a good time to be on, so I'm not waiting all night for one person, who had other plans and we didn't know about them, that's all.

But then, that's just me... Let me know what you guys think, too. Thanks!


Male commoner 1

I'd like to cast a vote for sunday night?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

[ooc]Sunday could work for me starting whenever. As always my hard cutoff time is going to be 11PM EST.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

sunday could potentially work for me. Again not for skype as far as talking but either on the boards or text on skype.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Your Sunday works for me -- that would make it my Monday. I can't start before 9am my time (7pm EST your Sunday). So from that time onward, I am available.


Hmm - how does Sunday at 7:30 PM Eastern Standard time - until (roughly) 11:00 PM Eastern Standard?

Meanwhile - if you want - we can try round by round until then, though it may be a little slow...

What would you guys like to do in the meantime?

Just let me know...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

I elect we continue doing round by round on the board until we meet on your Sunday (7.30 PM EST is fine with me).


Ahem - the leader does not vote - she LEADS - therefore; let it be so; until next Sunday we stab forward round by round - furthering the expediting process!


Ariarh Kane wrote:

She finds her way from the edge of the water to the door of the stone cottage. Mister had filled her in on the details and she was eager to reunite with her party, although the rain had already soaked her through and her wet braided hair was plastered to her back. Yet it felt good to be back in her usual form.

Looking at the group assembled in the room, she interrupts the conversation, "Mister advised me that you plan on following the path. Brett please take the lead and the rest of us will follow. The storm is still going strong out there", the raindrops sliding from her hair down her face, testament to her words. "Is there anything else I should be made aware of?"

Brett nods at Ariarh’ suggestion…

He points to Kae, indicating that the half-elf share point on the opposite side of the stone path – and recommending that the others follow-up in a fairly typical 2x2 cover formation.

The distance between the two of you (Kae and Brett) is divided by the road – which is twenty feet across.

As you move up, it is assumed that the next members of the party follow up slowly and quietly every ten feet. Brett is currently carrying his musket, and he hopes Kae is readying his weapon on the opposite side of the road…

Brett is making his Stealth Roll – and his Survival Roll to check the tracks – and is attempting to keep his Perception roll going – but, to do this – he’ll need to move at half-speed (in this case, 10 feet every 6 seconds) – it will take some time – but it is the safest method of travel…

Kae – if you decide do this – you only need to make 1 roll – those results can last until something noteworthy happens.

Brett’s Survival roll to observe any tracks –
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 +2 if the enemy is human via favored enemy

Brett’s Perception roll to watch for enemies –
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 +2 if the enemy is human via favored enemy

Brett’s Stealth Roll to not be noticed –
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 +2 if the enemy is human via favored enemy

P.S. - Yeah, I'm on Skype if anyone has anything to chat about or presents...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Moving up the path Shae attempts to be stealthy and look for tracks

survival1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Knowing he's stealthier on his own Mister Hops off Shae's shoulder and disappears into the wood

Stealth 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24

He also keeps a lookout for anything unusual, such as enemy creatures

Percep1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Ka'etil takes point on the other side, suggesting Ry follow behind him, in order to make another set of checks, in case he missed something.

Survival
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 +2 FE human

Perception
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 +2 FE human

Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 +2 FE human


Brett and Kae advance forward on point – while Shaezon and Mister follow somewhat behind you – roughly 20 feet back – the others advance in what they feel to be best.

It’s fairly slow going – you don’t wish to risk yourself by being overly obvious – and everyone has their eyes open for any signs of enemies or danger.

Eventually – the trail winds slowly up a large hill – the fog and steam that rises from the hill falls down in thick vapors from the top of the hill – the rain is falling thicker, and the chill is cold; but where the fog breaks apart – you see the base of the mountain climbing into the rain filled sky.

Suddenly – you hear a whistle – Kae glances in the direction, and sees Brett is gesturing for him to be quiet, and halt position.

The others – moving behind – see this signal, and watch tensely as Brett dodges across the path and confers with Kae.

They hold position – and Mister is able to probe Brett’s mind – which is “Broadcasting” desperately to the tiny beast – so that it can pass the message to the party quickly and quietly.

Apparently at the top of the hill – roughly 100 yards from your current position – you see what looks a wide arch in the mountain. Though the stone that flanks it looks natural, the arch itself is well crafted. From the interior of the arch is what looks like a dull red light – and you believe you can see silhouettes flanking the opening of the arch.

The arch itself is 20 feet wide and 30 feet tall. The mountain itself rises high in the shadows and fog – but you cannot see any more of the mountain then that. Brett confers with Kae about what you see – and the two of them make plans on what to do what you believe are the guards of this place.

Thanks to Mister’s ability – in due time the entire party knows what’s what – again, the guards are roughly 100 yards up the trail – so you can probably talk quietly among yourself with the rain and fog.

What is your next move, gang? Remember – we formally jam out for the big battle Sunday Night – so, be there! Or at least tell me who needs to NPC you! Thanks!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

To everyone via Mister's telepathy:

::So what's the plan?::


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

"If we move up quietly, we can approach with the aid of magic. I could conjure an illusionary sound up the path a ways to cover the sound of our approach. We can take out the guards quickly and quietly." Ka'etil suggests.

"Or we could try to lure them closer to us with the could of an animal or another such innocuous noise. When the guards approach, we flank and ambush them. were there an illusionary wall of foliage before us, we could walk through it, appearing out of nowhere and enter the cave from there without alerting any inside that we are approaching. We should save as many of our limited high power resources as we can, and avoid using any healing until necessary. Try not to get hit..."


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Shaezon? Did you not bring arrows soaked in a paralytic poison? Those might be useful here but I do not know their potency.


"Aye - good call about the arrows, mate," Brett says with a hoarse nod.

"Between you and me - I got a hunch that the worst be yet to come, and if we can save magic for something challenging - then it may be better to use the arrows now."

Brett glances at the group...

"I'm no expert - but I am fair handy with a bow - if you want - I can take a shot or two - but if we mix this up... Well; it only takes one to sound the bloody alarm, eh?"

"So - I put it to you - how many bows we got? We pass 'em out - I'll do what I can - but we need to make our move quick and hard - no screwing about, eh?" he adds.

Brett carries no bow - only firearms and some edged weapons - yet; if anyone here has a plan to do this that doesn't involving expending spells - well; you get the sense from Brett's tone that basically the real challenge is yet to come, and that even though he's not personally exited to see folk get out of trouble with magic - in this case he's got a hunch that you may just barely squeak by on the magic department - as it were. Still - I leave it to you.

You can do what you wish to take care of these guards - but we formally begin the commit on Sunday Night at 7:30 PM Eastern Standard - if you can be on Skype - you don't have to "talk" but it will help to listen. We'll be going "round-robin" posting on the Website here - if you can add insight on Skype - it will help speed up the process - if you can't make it Sunday - or only for a bit - please let me know who you need to NPC you when you're out. FYI - We get this done fast - then we get book 2 done fast - and things pick up fast between now and then. So - yeah, I'm pretty excited. Let me know your plan and we can go from there.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae's got a +7 to fire a bow and has a +3 composite longbow, so you can't really shoot it without 16 str.

"I have fair aim with a bow so I could take a shot with one of your arrows and have a good chance of hitting and delivering the poison." Kae whispers to the group, pulling out his bow.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shaezon flips his roughly 1.5 foot tall pack off his back and reaches into a pouch to produce a 4' longbow, quiver of normal arrows (50) and a black quiver of arrows. Both quivers and arrows have been carefully tied down to keep any from falling out during transport, but the smaller black quiver is tied more thoroughly and more care was obviously taken.

"I have twenty poison arrows and one bow. Galen also has crossbow bolts with the same compound on them. If needed we could send a flyer to fetch them. Careful of the tips. It's a neurotoxin that prevents you from standing properly. I also have two holy water and that strange tar-like substance that catches fire. The one we collected awhile back. "


Notes: 20 Poison Arrows-If an enemy is struck with the poison they must make a Fortitude Save – DC 15. Failure means they fall and become Prone for 1d4+1 Rounds, suffering all penalties that being prone includes.

2 flasks of holy water, 1 flasks with chemical compound

mixture of oil and some kind of tar (strike a subject and then set it ablaze. The subject receives fire damage for 3 rounds: round 1: 3d6 damage, round 2: 2d6 damage and round 3: 1d6 damage. A player who is struck with these chemicals and is lit on fire may attempt to roll on the ground and smother the flames. They need to use "Acrobatics" to do this; DC 15 - if they are successful then they may subtract 1d6 of damage. If they beat the DC by more than 5 they may subtract 2d6 of damage. They must roll for all three rounds and each roll with 'Acrobatics' is considered a "Full Round" action).


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Kae's got a +7 to fire a bow and has a +3 composite longbow, so you can't really shoot it without 16 str.

"I have fair aim with a bow so I could take a shot with one of your arrows and have a good chance of hitting and delivering the poison." Kae whispers to the group, pulling out his bow.

"I hear you lad - but you'll only hit one - and a lad can yell out without it taking him a moment - unless we hit them first..." he adds.

"Who else has bows here - other then Shaezon? I can shoot good with a bow, better then most - though not as good as others... Even so - what do you think?"

Kae - what's your plan for on Sunday?


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

SHae continues, "I'm proficient with a bow and am a fair shot."


HP: 47 AC: 14 Hexblade 5

Clari's also got the +7 to hit with a bow, but she has 11 str, and no bow of her own, but she can use someone else's bow to take the shot.

"I shoot as well as you, Malas'rae, but doubt i could pull that beast of a bow you got there. But if I could borrow one, I'll be able to land a shot"

Who's got bows besides Kae and Shaezon? And Brett, I'd guess you're a better shot than Clari, so She should get someone else's bow, if she's a better shot...


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

My plan is to be home and online early on, and i'll be talking on skype. I may have to break for dinner 10pm or so, but it'll only be for a few to get food. I'm on CA time, so i'll be up till whenever.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

Shaezon flips his roughly 1.5 foot tall pack off his back and reaches into a pouch to produce a 4' longbow, quiver of normal arrows (50) and a black quiver of arrows. Both quivers and arrows have been carefully tied down to keep any from falling out during transport, but the smaller black quiver is tied more thoroughly and more care was obviously taken.

"I have twenty poison arrows and one bow. Galen also has crossbow bolts with the same compound on them. If needed we could send a flyer to fetch them. Careful of the tips. It's a neurotoxin that prevents you from standing properly. I also have two holy water and that strange tar-like substance that catches fire. The one we collected awhile back. "


Notes: 20 Poison Arrows-If an enemy is struck with the poison they must make a Fortitude Save – DC 15. Failure means they fall and become Prone for 1d4+1 Rounds, suffering all penalties that being prone includes.

2 flasks of holy water, 1 flasks with chemical compound

mixture of oil and some kind of tar (strike a subject and then set it ablaze. The subject receives fire damage for 3 rounds: round 1: 3d6 damage, round 2: 2d6 damage and round 3: 1d6 damage. A player who is struck with these chemicals and is lit on fire may attempt to roll on the ground and smother the flames. They need to use "Acrobatics" to do this; DC 15 - if they are successful then they may subtract 1d6 of damage. If they beat the DC by more than 5 they may subtract 2d6 of damage. They must roll for all three rounds and each roll with 'Acrobatics' is considered a "Full Round" action).

Good potential there - however; you'll have to find Galen, but it is dark and late - you don't know how long it will take the flyer to find Galen - and return - though I suppose Arasmes could try to fly all the way out - find Galen - and the bow - then return - it is a period of 3 miles one way - so, you'll have to figure out the math on that one - and you'll have to find your friends in the fog/rain - without letting the enemy see you. But - it could be done... If you have the time...

If you want to do this - let me know what's the plan. Shae - you still good for Sunday around 7:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Brett has a total of +10 to hit with a bow - so, yeah - you know... If anyone has a spare bow he is happy to help...


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Yup. Still good for sunday. Heading out now. Will be back in a few hours.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:
My plan is to be home and online early on, and i'll be talking on skype. I may have to break for dinner 10pm or so, but it'll only be for a few to get food. I'm on CA time, so i'll be up till whenever.

That's 2 hours behind, I believe - so your 10 for food will be our 8:00 PM I believe - we'll do our best with that, then. But if you have to dodge out - just let us know who you want to have NPC you.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

I'm good for sunday but I will probably have to be off from about 8-830 or 9 so I can put my kids to sleep and keep them on schedule. I also have a hard cutoff of midnight as I have work the next day.


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

3 hours difference, but yup. won't be a big problem.

i vote no on getting Galen's stuff. take too long.

So I'd suggest Brett gets the first shot, Kae uses his bow, unless someone else even CAN, and is ALSO a better shot. then if there's a third bow, give it to Clari?

If we can stealth up closer, then we could go in and finish them off

If anyone else has GhostSounds they can cast it to sound like a long crack of thunder, and go off as we attack so any sound the guards make will be muffled and we can charge and attack them.


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

3 hours difference, but yup. won't be a big problem.

i vote no on getting Galen's stuff. take too long.

So I'd suggest Brett gets the first shot, Kae uses his bow, unless someone else even CAN, and is ALSO a better shot. then if there's a third bow, give it to Clari?

If we can stealth up closer, then we could go in and finish them off

If anyone else has GhostSounds they can cast it to sound like a long crack of thunder, and go off as we attack so any sound the guards make will be muffled and we can charge and attack them.

If you can do the ghost sound thing - Brett can take a shot with his musket - or move in close and shoot with his firearms so he can get sneak attack damage with range - if you don't mind using the spell...

On the other hand - given the conditions of the weather - it is possible that the enemy might assume that Brett's weapons ARE thunder...

But, I leave it to you gentlemen....

Kae - as you are going to be 3 hours behind us - that means if we start at 7:30 you'll be on at around 4:30 your time - and good for about 5 hours - give or take - which is pretty much Arasmes's hard cut off time anyway...

Worst case scenario - we don't finish tomorrow - and finish up soon...


Male commoner 1

It's a cantrip so i got no problems casting that one. In that case, Kae can cast, so that in a few seconds there is a massive rolling of thunder.

Kae, shoots his bow, Brett fires his weapon, and one of the elves takes a shot.

If Isani, Ry, or Raz have any ranged attacks, they can use 'em too, but haven't heard from them yet...

What do we think of this plan?


I'm down - and if you can get within less then 30 feet - Brett can make a sneak attack against these bleeders - provided they don't notice him.

But then, that will depend on you guys - also - that takes down 3 out of four... Just saying...


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes has a crossbow but he isn't very good with it.


Eidolon (Init +3 / F +6 R +8 W +2 (+6 vs Ench.) / Perc. +9 / AC 25 / HP 43)

Arasmes will have Caliphana sneak up and take out the last one. With stealth and pounce she should be able to take him down without too much sound. Cali Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"Someone who feels they are better at it than I can use my bow. (to Brett) If you need to get close to make you're shot I can make you invisible for a few minutes."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Having listened to each suggestion of attack, Ariarh speaks "I cannot use a bow. I do have a ranged fire spell (up to 160 ft) but I fear it would not give us an advantage in terms of stealth if the recipient screams as he is burning and alerts the others within."


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Turning to General Ka'etil, she offers the following, "I have the ability to conjure sounds (ghost sound) but the volume of my magic is limited at present." (that is, the level/volume of the sound is 4 normal humans per caster level, which in Isani's case is 12. Does thunder require a higher volume?) "Just tell me when you need me to create the sound and I shall comply. And to answer your question regarding long ranged spells, the only spell I had to cross such a distance I spent fighting the dire crocodile. I am not proficient with the bow, never having the need to use one before."


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Kae can do Ghost Sound at a volume of 9 men, so the two spells combined should mimic thunder and mast Brett's shot.

"I believe with our combined spells, we can make enough natural thunder sound to fool the man, we just need it to originate above their heads a ways. We can sneak up on them, get close, and allow myself and either Shaezon or Clari to loose a poisoned arrow. the other can fire a bolt from Arasmes's crossbow, along with Brett's shot, at one target. Caliphana can pounce the other target, all under to cover of thunder."

Long story short, Kae and Isani set a Ghost Sound to thunder. Either Clari or Shaezon fire a poisoned arrow at Target A, then Cali Pounces. Kae fires a poisoned arrow at Target B as Brett, and Shae or Clari fire with Raz's crossbow. that way te range damage goes to target B, and Cali hits target A. Hopefully both will be poisoned and put out long ehough for the attacks to work guess that wasn't really short was it

8,701 to 8,750 of 10,695 << first < prev | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.