Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


8,101 to 8,150 of 10,695 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Why not a dire wolf? It is a neutral large animal and the wildshape at 6th level works as the beast shape ii spell. I have read the rules and it does not say anywhere that she can't shape into a dire wolf.

Well sorry - I am not as skilled as everyone in the game with the rules - and I did not know that - for some reason I was mixing up "wildshape" rules with "animal companion" rules.

Apologies - I don't know these things as well as you guys. I need to bone up on those things soon.

Okay - you can transform into a Dire Wolf - this means that though they are considered "Hostile" at this time - you will have a slight edge - as Dire Wolf - you will now automatically slide them to "Unfriendly".

Depending on how you phrase your question you will either be asking for:

Give Dangerous Aid (tell them not let you live when you are trespassing on their hunting ground), or Complicated Aid - and, again - depending on how you are phrasing things - Give Aid that could result in Punishment.

It all depends on your phrasing - so, good luck!

No worries. I just wanted to be clear on things before I proceeded. You know I can be a stickler since I tend to read a lot of things. I didn't mean to come off as brusque -- I was genuinely confused and wanted clarification. Thanks, Gm.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Okay, I'm more than a little confused now. Is this not a pack of dire wolves coming toward us? And if so, how will it prove difficult to transform into one of them to communicate at their level - dire wolf to dire wolf? Wouldn't they treat a normal wolf as inferior? I do realise I will need to utilise wild empathy with them.

It so totally is a pack of Dire Wolves, you've clearly trampled on their hunting ground - the Alpha males and chief hunters clearly butchered these kills in the last hour - if you transformed into a Wolf - that may be pretty useless, though with some advantage.

However - you can actually transform into a Dire Wolf on this level - and not just a wolf. Clearly someone was not reading the rules on this point - ahem - and we'll say no more on who THAT is ;)

Needless to say - you can transform - any questions no what to say to the little beasties?

I put up a Knowledge Nature check on how to go about communicating with lead (dire) wolves. Will you provide more info based on that roll or do I simply go with it and wish for the best? ;) lol


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:
Arasmes says Of course Lady Ariarh. The Archon is only meant to slow them down. It is a celestial being and as such I do not believe it will take the command as meaning to kill the wolves. If you wish though I shall dismiss it? If Lady Ariarh wishes the Archon to be dismissed, Arasmes concentrates for a moment and breaks the connection between the Archon and the material plane. I would make preparations though to defend ourselves should the Lady Ariarh's attempts at canine diplomacy fail. Looking over at Ariarh he says Though I have every confidence that you will succeed.

Looking at Arasmes, she gives a small smile, "We may need the Archon and any other weapon if these wolf negotiations do not go smoothly. Please keep the Archon away from the pack lest they view it and me as a threat and they resort to greater hostility. Thank you for your vote of confidence, Arasmes. I would rather see a good outcome for both sides, here. Slaughtering animals for acting as they should never sits right with me. We stumbled upon their territory, mistakenly, and now we must remedy that."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Brett Rowan wrote:

"Maybe, lass - but you'll pardon me if I stay prepped, eh?" Brett retorts; he is holding his position and action in the meantime, though.

"Brett, I would rather you be prepared than not. Aye, I would have the chance to end this peacefully. I realise if I cannot, other measures will need to be taken. Thank you, my friend."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Turning to Dior, she speak softly to him, "I need to attempt this, my beloved protector. They do not understand our ways as much as we do not understand theirs. If I am attacked by the lead she wolf or the young wolves among them, I ask for assistance. But hold if they seem to only be threatening me -- I need the time to try to reason with the dire wolves without provoking a full attack."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Looking about the group, she gains their attention, "Is there anything I should know before I transform into a dire wolf and lose the ability to communicate with you? I will listen to suggestions or advice."


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Looking about the group, she gains their attention, "Is there anything I should know before I transform into a dire wolf and lose the ability to communicate with you? I will listen to suggestions or advice."

"Be alert. Don't let them box you in. If you see them circling it's about to get ugly for you. If it looks like things are going south Just run to us. I'll give them something else to worry about giving you a chance to get away."


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

If she said that before I sent the Archon then I will just have it start casting spells on us. Everyone will get aid cast on them. each casting will last 3 minutes and it is +1 to attacks and saves vs fear and 1d8+3 temporary hit points. For ease I will just roll once for everyone. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 So everyone gets 9 temporary hit points. I can roll for everyone...but that's annoying lol.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Okay, I'm more than a little confused now. Is this not a pack of dire wolves coming toward us? And if so, how will it prove difficult to transform into one of them to communicate at their level - dire wolf to dire wolf? Wouldn't they treat a normal wolf as inferior? I do realise I will need to utilise wild empathy with them.

It so totally is a pack of Dire Wolves, you've clearly trampled on their hunting ground - the Alpha males and chief hunters clearly butchered these kills in the last hour - if you transformed into a Wolf - that may be pretty useless, though with some advantage.

However - you can actually transform into a Dire Wolf on this level - and not just a wolf. Clearly someone was not reading the rules on this point - ahem - and we'll say no more on who THAT is ;)

Needless to say - you can transform - any questions no what to say to the little beasties?

I put up a Knowledge Nature check on how to go about communicating with lead (dire) wolves. Will you provide more info based on that roll or do I simply go with it and wish for the best? ;) lol

Well - in that case - you know that they aren't cubs, they are "teenagers" - but you are savvy enough to know when you're dealing with bad teenagers - you may want to go to the mom. Even so - the teenagers may want to kill you outright - they are likely to have few "kills" to distinguish them with the pack - killing you would be a good thing; it would make them look good with each other.

Therefore; it would be tricky - you have to deal with the aggressive "teenagers" - and you'd have to deal also with the overprotective mothers who get very angry when someone would hurt their young...

If you have any experience on how to handle this - it may be a good idea to use it...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
"Be alert. Don't let them box you in. If you see them circling it's about to get ugly for you. If it looks like things are going south just run to us. I'll give them something else to worry about giving you a chance to get away."

"Thank you, Shaezon. I will not allow myself to be trapped and at the entire pack's mercy."

Thanks Ras for the extra temporary hp. :)


Male Half-Elf Invulnerable Rager 2/Crossblooded Envenomed+Draconic Sorcerer 1/ Trapper Ranger 1/Rage-Vivisectionist 2/Dragon Disciple 1

Can we pretend that Ry suggested peace-talks before we burned our buffs, cause we got several buffs on that only have minutes before they run out...

how long will her diplomacy take?


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Action

Influence Attitude: Using Diplomacy to influence a creature’s attitude takes 1 minute of continuous interaction.

Make Request: Making a request of a creature takes 1 or more rounds of interaction, depending upon the complexity of the request.

That's typically how it works and since it's wild empathy it works the same. But it's up to Dain of course based upon circumstances.


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
"Be alert. Don't let them box you in. If you see them circling it's about to get ugly for you. If it looks like things are going south just run to us. I'll give them something else to worry about giving you a chance to get away."

"Thank you, Shaezon. I will not allow myself to be trapped and at the entire pack's mercy."

Thanks Ras for the extra temporary hp. :)

I sense sarcasm. ;-)


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2
Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Can we pretend that Ry suggested peace-talks before we burned our buffs, cause we got several buffs on that only have minutes before they run out...

how long will her diplomacy take?

That was my assumption. I was waiting until the last minute to cast anyway.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

She nods to her companions, takes a deep breath, prays to the Nature gods for assistance in this task and transforms herself into a dire wolf. She begins her run toward the oncoming pack, especially wanting to draw closer to the lead She wolf, for to influence her would mean the others in the pack will hopefully tow the wolf line.

As she closes the distance between them, she begins taking smaller steps forward, not wanting to demonstrate any perceived aggressive behaviour or body language. She lowers her large wolf body so as to not stand at the same level with the She wolf leader and keeps her face relaxed, tongue lolling, ears slightly forward, tail down.

When she is approximately 30 feet from the she wolf and ensuring the other wolves are behind the leader and not trying to surround her, she slowly lowers her head in respectful bow and then lifts her wolf face to gently study the She wolf, keeping a friendly "smile" upon her face.

In wolf speak, "O' mighty, honourable Mother and Pack Protector, I come before you and yours in a manner of peace and respect. My people and I mean you and your family no ill will and would seek peaceful communication and safe travel through your territory. They call me Ariarh and I am their leader. May I ask your name, honourable one?"

wild empathy (animal "diplomacy") : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 (if only my charisma were higher -- like Arasmes'. ;))

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
"Be alert. Don't let them box you in. If you see them circling it's about to get ugly for you. If it looks like things are going south just run to us. I'll give them something else to worry about giving you a chance to get away."

"Thank you, Shaezon. I will not allow myself to be trapped and at the entire pack's mercy."

Thanks Ras for the extra temporary hp. :)

I sense sarcasm. ;-)

Nope, no sarcasm. :)


Ka'etil Malas'rae wrote:

Can we pretend that Ry suggested peace-talks before we burned our buffs, cause we got several buffs on that only have minutes before they run out...

how long will her diplomacy take?

No - but it won't matter too much.

If Ry uses her ability - and then runs out to the wolves, she'll get to them in about 1 minute.

From that point, either one of two things will happen - the first thing is that she'll fail in the first 5 rounds (30 seconds) - then she turns and runs back - giving a full time of 2.5 minutes - leaving folks at least 5 rounds to do stuff once they get up there; assuming their buffs last less then 3 minutes.

The other possibility is that they don't do anything too aggressive - and she wins the diplomacy roll - in which case the buffs probably won't matter.


Arasmes ibn'Fayad wrote:

Action

Influence Attitude: Using Diplomacy to influence a creature’s attitude takes 1 minute of continuous interaction.

Make Request: Making a request of a creature takes 1 or more rounds of interaction, depending upon the complexity of the request.

That's typically how it works and since it's wild empathy it works the same. But it's up to Dain of course based upon circumstances.

Nuts - once again I am confounded by lack of rules.

In that case it is likely that your buffs will wane by the time Ry does her thing. Bad luck, but it may be okay - depending on how Ry goes...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ariarh Kane wrote:

She nods to her companions, takes a deep breath, prays to the Nature gods for assistance in this task and transforms herself into a dire wolf. She begins her run toward the oncoming pack, especially wanting to draw closer to the lead She wolf, for to influence her would mean the others in the pack will hopefully tow the wolf line.

As she closes the distance between them, she begins taking smaller steps forward, not wanting to demonstrate any perceived aggressive behaviour or body language. She lowers her large wolf body so as to not stand at the same level with the She wolf leader and keeps her face relaxed, tongue lolling, ears slightly forward, tail down.

When she is approximately 30 feet from the she wolf and ensuring the other wolves are behind the leader and not trying to surround her, she slowly lowers her head in respectful bow and then lifts her wolf face to gently study the She wolf, keeping a friendly "smile" upon her face.

In wolf speak, "O' mighty, honourable Mother and Pack Protector, I come before you and yours in a manner of peace and respect. My people and I mean you and your family no ill will and would seek peaceful communication and safe travel through your territory. They call me Ariarh and I am their leader. May I ask your name, honourable one?"

wild empathy (animal "diplomacy") : 1d20+8 (if only my charisma were higher -- like Arasmes'. ;))

Perception: 1d20+11

The younger wolves run in a wide arc around the lead female - one of them charges right at your flank to attack you with a "Charge Attack" - however after hearing your words, but before the young cub can do his full attack, the lead wolf turns and bites him hard on his shoulder.

The male yelps in pain, and hops back, his red eyes fierce on you - glowering harshly, even as his "den mother" gives you a stern look.

She can understand you - and you can understand her - which is good. All the other larger guardians move to flank you in a narrow circle. The younger cubs move at a wider arc around them.

In less then ten feet in each direction you see that you are not only facing the "pack leader" - but you are also currently "flanked" by 3 sets of older beasts - the larger and heavier types - for the full 6 larger types.

Meanwhile - the other 17 are now in a wide circle. You realize at once that if you fail this maneuver- the Dire Wolves will attack you first (they did get initiative). If all of them do minimum damage to you in this round, you will suffer a total of 42 damage - assuming they all hit you; and assuming they only do minimum damage.

This is not a good place - but you've dealt yourself in - you'll need to play this hand to the end...

The pack leader moves to you closely. You can see directly that she is missing her left eye, and her fur is grayed with age.

She moves closer to you, snorting in your scent, stalking about you, inhaling you - her nostrils widening as she focuses her eye on you.

You sense this is a very tense moment - and one wrong word can spell disaster - even so...

"You smell like a northman - but I smell no iron on you - which is good, female! I am called in Eye of Fire - for my right eye was gouged out with red iron in battle," she says with a dark timbre in her voice.

"You come to talk - even so, you are on our land, and you take of our food - meat you did not slay! Even if that was not so, and even if there was food aplenty - I should kill you for this insult to stand on our land, else I seem weak, and that cannot stand! Why then should I let you live? Our land was marked well and true - you could scent it, I deem - or you are a fool or liar! So - tell me - why should I not fall on you and do battle - female to female - you are the leader of your pack? I am the leader of this pack - while the Lead Male stalks prey in the west even as we speak. Yet while he hunts in the west - on my shoulders falls the burden of killing those who would threaten the pack."

She struts around again, smelling you, considering something -

"Come then - why should I not kill you outright - why should we not contest in clean combat - and let the leader of the kill be the one who rules the packs jointly? Will you challenge me - or have you other offers?" she says with a wary growl.

Curse your infernal intuition! Your unexpected use of Perception reveals something I didn't expect you to find until later, if at all - namely this; the she wolf herself, and the other older wolves - have a thick scar on their left haunch - you've spent enough time on the horse ranch to recognize a brand when you see one. Also - you notice that near the muzzle of the older wolves are scars around the face - the scars are consistent with where a bridle may be - again; only someone with decent knowledge of horses would have even discovered this - assuming you bothered to "search" the wolves via Perception - you did, and you did early - so now you know. Though what you will do with this knowledge - I'm sure I don't know... But who knows - it may come in useful. For now, she is "calling you out" and challenging you for the right to rule both packs - yours and hers - jointly. This is a fight to the death - what will you do? Oh - one other thing - none of the younger Dire Wolves have either the scars or the brands - those marks are more then a year old...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

In wolf speak "Honourable Eye of Fire, I will not challenge you to combat. I have seen too much bloodshed and destruction and I would rather see a land repaired where all creatures can live in harmony. This great land and all its inhabitants have been sundered from the spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood. I am a druid and I have dedicated my life to the preservation and sanctity of life. I stand before you and speak to you as a friend, an ally if it would please you. I speak honestly when I say I and my companions were unaware that this territory was marked for we do not have the quality and effectiveness of scent and the sense of smell as your kind. This form I take now, I do so so I may communicate more readily with you. We do not take your food source, we have not touched it, simply observed it for we were curious as why the crows flew in formation over this part of the land. We are travelling, in search of friends, who even now may be in danger from an evil unlike any other. A beloved daughter, a child, is travelling with this other group and I would see her returned to our home safe and sound. We meant no disrespect to you and your pack, we stumbled upon the elk out of curiosity for the crows and we seek to pass through, leave without battle or bloodshed on either side." She pauses before continuing in wolf speak, wary of the circled wolves.

"These people that travel with me are my family, although we are not of the same blood, we have chosen to walk together through this life. They are free people and cannot, will not be owned by me or any other, as is the right of every creature. I believe you understand the value and essence of freedom, Lady Eye of Fire. What is it you would have me offer you and your pack?"

wild empathy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Ariarh Kane wrote:

In wolf speak "Honourable Eye of Fire, I will not challenge you to combat. I have seen too much bloodshed and destruction and I would rather see a land repaired where all creatures can live in harmony. This great land and all its inhabitants have been sundered from the spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood. I am a druid and I have dedicated my life to the preservation and sanctity of life. I stand before you and speak to you as a friend, an ally if it would please you. I speak honestly when I say I and my companions were unaware that this territory was marked for we do not have the quality and effectiveness of scent and the sense of smell as your kind. This form I take now, I do so so I may communicate more readily with you. We do not take your food source, we have not touched it, simply observed it for we were curious as why the crows flew in formation over this part of the land. We are travelling, in search of friends, who even now may be in danger from an evil unlike any other. A beloved daughter, a child, is travelling with this other group and I would see her returned to our home safe and sound. We meant no disrespect to you and your pack, we stumbled upon the elk out of curiosity for the crows and we seek to pass through, leave without battle or bloodshed on either side." She pauses before continuing in wolf speak, wary of the circled wolves.

"These people that travel with me are my family, although we are not of the same blood, we have chosen to walk together through this life. They are free people and cannot, will not be owned by me or any other, as is the right of every creature. I believe you understand the value and essence of freedom, Lady Eye of Fire. What is it you would have me offer you and your pack?"

wild empathy: 1d20+8

Eye of Fire continues to glower at you - but you think that your words may be making headway - even so - you sense you are somehow close to the mark yet just missing it... If you had somewhat to proceed correctly, you think you could just pull it off - but what could you do?

For now - best thing to do is toss up "Sense Motive" to try to figure what exactly her problem is - don't worry, your DC is pretty low right now - you have a feeling that you are close to success - your good Diplomacy Rolls are certainly helped you - as for what happens next... That's up to your ability to determine what it is that she needs...


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Sense Motive : 1d20+5

The She-Wolf called you out for a matter of “face” – a matter of honor. She needs to maintain dominance of the pack – she needs to show her young that even though she is old, and even though she is missing her eye – she is still stronger then the rest; more powerful

Now she has someone who is dictating terms to her – even if you offer her allegiance she has really two options:

1. Reject your offer outright. Of course – if she did that, it would be because you were a threat – if you were a threat, then she would have to fight you.

2. Accept your offer – this would imply that she needed your help – but if she needed your help – then she would have to admit that she needed you at all - which would suggest that she would be subservient to you. If she was subservient to you, then she would be weak, and her power would failing – so she would need to prove it.

She does seem intrigued by the possibility of a friendship though, that much you got. If you can push that angle – push the angle of friendship – but in a way that lets her feel powerful – while demonstrating your own power – then she keeps her honor, and you may gain an unexpected ally.

In short – perhaps it would be a good idea to placate her power structure with gifs… As for the gifts – you’d have to come up with something impressive to her, and her pack. What that is – you don’t know…

Of course – it’s likely Ariarh knows, after all – this sort of thing is her expertise!


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

She does seem intrigued by the possibility of a friendship though, that much you got. If you can push that angle – push the angle of friendship – but in a way that lets her feel powerful – while demonstrating your own power – then she keeps her honor, and you may gain an unexpected ally.

In short – perhaps it would be a good idea to placate her power structure with gifs… As for the gifts – you’d have to come up with something impressive to her, and her pack. What that is – you don’t know…

Of course – it’s likely Ariarh knows, after all – this sort of thing is her expertise!

Gee, thanks a lot! ;) Go, Ariarh, go! LOL


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Studying the female pack leader and understanding in part some of the feelings and emotions she was perceiving from the She wolf, she proceeds cautiously but with genuine hope they could reach an understanding,

In wolf speak "Lady Eye of Fire, I see you and your pack as strong, fierce, loyal and regal creatures of the wildlands. Your honour is present even as we stand facing one another, speaking as friends would do, not as enemies or passing rivals that would not set eyes upon each other again. I thank you for your patience and this gracious audience. I am proud of my companions for they have similar attributes to what I have witnessed of your wolf brethren. Aye, we are different, yet at heart and in spirit we are warriors, protectors and a community seeking a better way and a truer life. I am a healer as is the Southern Priestess you can see amongst my group. In deep appreciation for allowing us right through your territory and showing me respect, I would offer healing to any of your pack if they require it. This I would do as an open token of friendship and an understanding that unity can be created and nourished between honourable creatures, no matter their differences. My people and I seek those who we can ally with, who exhibit strong values and honest hearts. Let us be friends, Lady Eye of Fire. I would value such a friendship."

wild empathy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ariarh Kane wrote:

Studying the female pack leader and understanding in part some of the feelings and emotions she was perceiving from the She wolf, she proceeds cautiously but with genuine hope they could reach an understanding,

In wolf speak "Lady Eye of Fire, I see you and your pack as strong, fierce, loyal and regal creatures of the wildlands. Your honour is present even as we stand facing one another, speaking as friends would do, not as enemies or passing rivals that would not set eyes upon each other again. I thank you for your patience and this gracious audience. I am proud of my companions for they have similar attributes to what I have witnessed of your wolf brethren. Aye, we are different, yet at heart and in spirit we are warriors, protectors and a community seeking a better way and a truer life. I am a healer as is the Southern Priestess you can see amongst my group. In deep appreciation for allowing us right through your territory and showing me respect, I would offer healing to any of your pack if they require it. This I would do as an open token of friendship and an understanding that unity can be created and nourished between honourable creatures, no matter their differences. My people and I seek those who we can ally with, who exhibit strong values and honest hearts. Let us be friends, Lady Eye of Fire. I would value such a friendship."

wild empathy: 1d20+8

Ariarh - you are roughly 1 mile from your friends. This detail is important, because even though you and the Dire Wolves can see your friends on the horizon, they certainly can't make out details on who is who - including knowing who Isani is. The other reason this is important is because if something bad happens - you are about 1 mile from any back up....

"I am Eye of Fire - my honor is not to be doubted - by bird or beast, by Four Legged or Two Legged," she retorts.

Ariarh - the following notes in OOC are as a result of your Sense Motive skill - and your Wild Empathy skill - both currenlty in effect. When you see the following OOC's - that is the reason for the details.

She walks close to you - sniffing you intently, her remaining eye narrowing, even as the other Dire Wolves cluster around you.

"I and the pack are strong - we need none of your "healing" - for we are not weak. We endure what Fate of the Great Spirits grant us - if we cannot endure - then we die, and the pack is not weakened by those who can not bring back meat for the rest," she adds proudly.

She eyes you with a look of both suspicion and curiosity, though, and inhales another sniff from you.

"You wear the skin like our folk - even as the Skin Changer Tribe from the north does. They are fairer with our kind then others; treating us almost as members of their Tribe - even so, now we are at open war with them - and do battle with them, for we were ordered to do this thing."

"You claim to seek alliance, eh? But how? This land is not yours - rather, it belongs to the Corpse Watcher Tribe... They are masters here, not you; and their lands stretch far to the east."

"The old Chief of the Corpse Watcher Tribe was harsh with our folk - but fair - for he gave us the gift of meat, and let our pack run unfettered... But he was slain, and the new Chief is of a different sort. He is "Smiles with Iron" - for it is said that he comes as a friend, even while his hands grip iron to slay those who he cheats with false friendship..."

You sense that she is now almost speaking to herself here - but the information is not false... She is trying to decide what to do next with you and your news...

"You offer friendship to our tribe - to what end? For I tell you now - you are not Four Legged but Two - that much I guess from your smell alone, if not your strange manner of speech. And my Tribe is hot-blooded over Two Legged folk who speak with false hearts and false smiles - always carrying iron to make their will known... You speak of friendship - what does this mean - and how should it help my people? And what do you want of them? Should they be slaves to be fettered to your hand - or will they run free? Speak! For this is a strong idea - if it holds value; but know that I can smell a liar - and will not suffer one to live who would harm my people."

She leans back on her haunches and regards you - then, as an afterthought she adds -

"Also - though your heart and word may be true - on whose will do you speak? Who is the Chief of your Tribe - who is your Tribe - and how do they call you? And by whose will can I trust that - even if you speak with a true voice - that your promises shall be kept?"

Clearly she wants to know more about you - and if she can trust you, and what this all means. As for the rest of her words? That is mere guesswork on your part - she is not volunteering anything more about her people now - though she may do so, if you decide to ask her... But, that could pressure her to be less then friendly. Choose your words carefully on what you say next - and know that's she on the verge of "doing business" - once she hears terms, providing the terms are both honest and fair... Good luck!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Shae watches the interaction closely. Not really sure what's happening, but assuming it's not going poorly since Ariah hasn't been attacked outright.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

She regards the She wolf with admiration, awe and a little fear, which was good -- one should not forget the power of nature. She was curious about the Skin Change Tribe in the North and wondered if the others in her party knew of their existence.

In wolf speak "Lady Eye of Fire, I have only recently been elected by the Council of my people as their leader. I am called Baroness Ariarh Saedra Kane. Before this honour, I grew up in a small community of healers and horse ranchers. My offer of healing was meant as a true gift for that is what I know, these my hands, the divine grace of my ability, a compassion for all things. Life, death, rebirth, this I have been taught by my mother and all her ancestors whose blood courses through my mortal veins. I am not entirely human like the other two-legged folk, the celestial blood of my ancestors runs true through my being. I understand that the two-legged folks word is not always strong or true -- there will be those who lie and cheat for their own betterment at the cost of what is right and good. If I speak to my people and tell them what I have offered you, then my word is law and they must listen. Can I guarantee that every two legged creature will listen and do as I instruct? No, such a thing cannot be for each creature has their own will and the consequences of their actions are their own. I can guide, instruct and command and if human, divine or natural laws are broken I can try to right the wrong. We are strangers, I here with my different face, for I am no four-legged. I do not carry a false heart or a false smile -- that I can attest to with genuine assurance and good faith. I will not enslave you and yours for slavery is abhorrent and my people are joined in upholding freedom." She takes a breath and continues to gently gaze upon the She wolf.

"Our territory is north of here and this is the Council's first quest through these southern lands. We were not aware that the lands were claimed by the Corpse Watcher Tribe or how far their lands stretched to the east. The new chief of this tribe, "Smiles with Iron", I will try to seek knowledge of him and his kind, and if there is wrong being done, I will try to aid those in danger. I spoke of seeking our young daughter and that is true and urgent. My people are also here to map this land, know of its formations and inhabitants. There are dangers and evils and my Council and I would seek to resolve them and make this great land a safer place for all. I speak on behalf of my people. I will accept your decision on friendship or otherwise. We each choose our course and must travel it. Our paths have now crossed and in this moment, no matter the outcome, we are connected. May we pass without battle and bloodshed, Lady Eye of Fire? The elk are your honourable kills and we do not seek to take what is not ours." She gently lowers her wolf head in bow, awaiting the She wolf's decision.

wild empathy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Knowledge, History (re past tribes of skin changers etc): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Knowledge, Nature (re skin changers and corpse watchers): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Knowledge, Nobility (re leaders of these "tribes"): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

She lifts her hand to scan the far distance between them and the Lady Ariarh and the giant wolf pack. The leader was courageous to face the wolves alone. Grasping the ankh in her other hand, she whispers a silent prayer, Blessed Everlight, we are too far away from her. Keep her safe, watch over all of us.

She turns to Arasmes, noting the concentration on his handsome face, "The Lady druid seems to be holding her own which is a positive sign. What is your assessment, sadiqi?"


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes smiles and, without taking his eyes off of Ariarh, says She is a woman of singular focus when she sets her mind to something. I would not be surprised if she has the wolves escorting us by the time she is through. Though he sounds confident, you get the impression that he is putting somewhat of a brave face on things and is not quite as sure as he seems to be.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Giving Isani a nod he says Though I do say that I think you are a woman of similar quality.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ariarh Kane wrote:

She regards the She wolf with admiration, awe and a little fear, which was good -- one should not forget the power of nature. She was curious about the Skin Change Tribe in the North and wondered if the others in her party knew of their existence.

In wolf speak "Lady Eye of Fire, I have only recently been elected by the Council of my people as their leader. I am called Baroness Ariarh Saedra Kane. Before this honour, I grew up in a small community of healers and horse ranchers. My offer of healing was meant as a true gift for that is what I know, these my hands, the divine grace of my ability, a compassion for all things. Life, death, rebirth, this I have been taught by my mother and all her ancestors whose blood courses through my mortal veins. I am not entirely human like the other two-legged folk, the celestial blood of my ancestors runs true through my being. I understand that the two-legged folks word is not always strong or true -- there will be those who lie and cheat for their own betterment at the cost of what is right and good. If I speak to my people and tell them what I have offered you, then my word is law and they must listen. Can I guarantee that every two legged creature will listen and do as I instruct? No, such a thing cannot be for each creature has their own will and the consequences of their actions are their own. I can guide, instruct and command and if human, divine or natural laws are broken I can try to right the wrong. We are strangers, I here with my different face, for I am no four-legged. I do not carry a false heart or a false smile -- that I can attest to with genuine assurance and good faith. I will not enslave you and yours for slavery is abhorrent and my people are joined in upholding freedom." She takes a breath and continues to gently gaze upon the She wolf.

"Our territory is north of here and this is the Council's first quest through these southern lands. We were not aware that the lands were claimed by the Corpse Watcher Tribe or how far their...

You are able to see the face of Eye of Fire – clearly the majority of what you are talking about is lost on her.

Firstly – the idea of an “election” is obviously an unknown concept to her. The wolf pack is governed by what some call the “Alpha” – this is the one creature that is the strongest, most powerful, most forceful of the tribe – the Alpha is the one who examines that pack, and then decides what is best for the tribe. Should any wish to contest the Alpha of a tribe, the contest is one of brutality – where one rules, and the other fails.

Apparently a wolf pack simply cannot conceive an idea when lesser members of the pack can hold sway over the group simply because a few key members have manipulated the weaker folk to stand behind a few individuals over the superior leader. If the pack diverges so much – then it splits; there will be two packs, and each chief will contest with another with the might of their pack behind is them.

Next – the discussion on what you can control –verses what you may theoretically control – this seems to confuse the wolf pack again. A chief looks over their land, and then says I rule here! – nuances of what another chief may claim are solved with ease; with battle!

Finally – Eye with Fire is also confused with terms such as “If” and “Try” – the Alpha does neither of these things! The Alpha – and all wolves in the pack – will say that they will perform a task – then they do so: or die in the attempt! Dealing in “possibilities” seems to be an exercise that creates a chance to fail before the task is started. If the task is one that should not be tried – they do not.

What is clear though is that Eye of Fire clearly knows you are telling the truth. That said – she is at least comfortable with your level of honesty. Your promise of lack of bloodshed seems to be… odd… but it also seems that you are eager to produce a friendship. This could prove useful for her tribe – so, she will accept it.

”Very well Ariarh Saedra – of the Tribe Kane – we shall accept your fealty to our tribe – the Free Runner Tribe – for no Two-Legged shall shackle our folk again!”

She glances to you, and the meat that your people are not bothering to eat or nose through.

She struts toward you and suddenly bites you harshly in the shoulder – blood spills out. Before you even think to Heal the spell with magic – she offers you her own shoulder.

”Taste the blood – mix it – and so bind our tribes!” she growls.

Knowing enough of Wolf Packs – you do so and bite into her shoulder, though tentatively – and she grunts at your effort – the blood staining your maw, even as your blood stained hers. Leaning forward – she encourages the other younger members to lick your chops and taste her blood on your fur – and yours on hers.

You now are one of her tribe – as long as they can smell your blood in your veins – they will honor your membership with the Tribe.

With that – the pack lean their heads back and howl – and you join in too; then the pack turns and begin to run off, only now they tack course to the northwest, leaving you and your companions in freedom.

You then turn back to your companions – free to share what news you have – and listen to what they have to say – in the distance the Dire Wolves are long gone – already miles away by the time you return to your friends.

Ariarh’s skills do not allow her to know anything about these tribes – though it is possible that other skills may be more effective. However – to honor your Natural 20 – at the least you recall that to the far west of your kingdom your heroes once found a barbarian Cairn – a place that barbarians were buried far on the western borders of your nation sometime last season… Furthermore – you recall that there was at least one “Were Creature” that was found wandering near the western side of your nation. You also recall that folk in your nation were commissioned to seek out strange beasts – perhaps there was a reason for this - perhaps there was a connection to these things (or, in other words - the barbarian tribes to the far west of your land; folk with were blood in them contrasted with "Skin Changers" - folk in your town deliberately HUNTING for odd creatures, and collecting vials of blood that were infected with the "Were" curse - and now rumors from these wolves that they have heard tales of barbarian tribes in the west that are like Two-Legged Wolves - and are also called "Skin Changer Tribe"… of course - that could all be coincidence). Meanwhile – you also recall (vaguely) – that Aliento and Sir Dashan mentioned to the party that to the east of the your nation they heard rumors of a strange crypt – or possibly a series of crypts – that was drawing the concern of wandering trackers and hunters – who were afraid of the problems near this crypt. Anuk-su also gave her opinions of what the crypt was – and its significance – if it is the same crypt – but it would seem likely that this crypt may have something useful in it – if the dead rested there – it is quite possible that local folk may be “watching” these dead, and using what is in the crypts for a purpose… (Again, this is only a theory - but if a group of people, possibly a tribe - were watching the crypts for what they had in them on a consistent basis- this may give a motivation for the naming of a tribe the "Corpse Watcher Tribe" - it is also possible that the names of these tribes were not chosen by the "Members" of the tribe - but the Dire Wolves themselves decided "name" the people to the east as a tribe - and give them that name. Again - that may only be a coincidence...

Whew – it’s a good thing you got those rolls! How else would you remember all these things ;)


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Surveying Arasmes' face, "I do not know her as you do, sadiqi. Yet the moments I have heard her speak or seen her promptly act, the Lady druid appears to be a respectful and determined woman for one young of age. Her family and teachers must have been mindful and nurturing from her infancy. That can only be a good thing. I would know her better." And upon hearing the Foreign Ambassador's assessment of her character being similar to the Lady Ariarh's, "I have been closeted in classrooms, temples and archeological structures and my strength does not lie in the physical but of the mind and spirit. So, I accept your assessment with good will." Then switching to a softer Osiriani for a semblance of privacy, "First you compliment my eyes and then my strength of will. The former is something I am not accustomed to, seldom are my features observed and admired. I was stared at mostly in Sothis. An oddity. One grows familiar to being singled out as different and the fear that goes with such judgements. You believe one of my eyes resemble an emerald? My father has described it as the colour of honey." She hesitates speaking for a minute or two, shyly contemplative and then proceeds in Osiriani. "We could not finish our earlier conversation due to the discovery of the crows and elk and then the giant wolves. The bizarres in Sothis were favourites of mine, searching out rare trinkets and treasures. I would often escape the confines of the temple on my own, disguised of course so as to not draw attention, and wander through the markets without a guard in attendance. I would gladly visit the Nightstalls with you in Katapesh and experience your homeland. I have heard of Sarenrae's great Lambent Citadel in Solku, overseen by the Lady Chanar Cynore. I have never had the privilege of visiting the temple and I would be honoured to know more about it from you."


Ariarh Kane wrote:

She regards the She wolf with admiration, awe and a little fear, which was good -- one should not forget the power of nature. She was curious about the Skin Change Tribe in the North and wondered if the others in her party knew of their existence.

In wolf speak "Lady Eye of Fire, I have only recently been elected by the Council of my people as their leader. I am called Baroness Ariarh Saedra Kane. Before this honour, I grew up in a small community of healers and horse ranchers. My offer of healing was meant as a true gift for that is what I know, these my hands, the divine grace of my ability, a compassion for all things. Life, death, rebirth, this I have been taught by my mother and all her ancestors whose blood courses through my mortal veins. I am not entirely human like the other two-legged folk, the celestial blood of my ancestors runs true through my being. I understand that the two-legged folks word is not always strong or true -- there will be those who lie and cheat for their own betterment at the cost of what is right and good. If I speak to my people and tell them what I have offered you, then my word is law and they must listen. Can I guarantee that every two legged creature will listen and do as I instruct? No, such a thing cannot be for each creature has their own will and the consequences of their actions are their own. I can guide, instruct and command and if human, divine or natural laws are broken I can try to right the wrong. We are strangers, I here with my different face, for I am no four-legged. I do not carry a false heart or a false smile -- that I can attest to with genuine assurance and good faith. I will not enslave you and yours for slavery is abhorrent and my people are joined in upholding freedom." She takes a breath and continues to gently gaze upon the She wolf.

"Our territory is north of here and this is the Council's first quest through these southern lands. We were not aware that the lands were claimed by the Corpse Watcher Tribe or how far their...

Seeing you trotting back to the party, Brett stands up, checking the priming of his musket, and drags Stybba to his hooves.

He swings himself into the saddle of his pony and glances at Ariarh.

”Huh! Well – that went a hell of a lot different then what I reckoned on! But then - what I mean to say – if things fell out the way I reckoned, the group here would have dallied a while – exhausted about a fourth of our resources – and we’d probably lose a bunch of our horses to those wolf beasties while they moved to flank us, killing the pack horses while we tried to save our own necks! Then, without the pack horses, we’d be slowed down something fierce on our way south – and any kind of details those wolfs got on them, like - I dunno, say- brands or scars and such – well, maybe we’d find out that hash – but only if our crew was able to wipe out all the beasts and maybe one of you lads decided to search the bodies of the wolfs – which I got a reckoning that no one would have bothered to do for some reason…”

However - that ain't how things turned out! Meantime – if there’s one thing that I be learning when trucking with you folk – whatever path I reckon the group will take, no matter how simple and direct – ya’ll pick the one I never expected! But – eh… it’s like the half-orc’s say “It’s all good!”, right?”

He glances at the others.

”What are you bunch of Tom-Fools doing? Saddle up and move out! We got mates to help and folk to liberate! This world ain’t going to save itself!” he adds, then spits once to the leeward as the party instantly stops wasting time - obeys his command, er "advice" and saddles up and hurries their quest along!


Confronted with Brett’s earthy wisdom – the party agrees to his point – and decide to gather their gear, including the horses that were sent off west to avoid the fight. The action takes about 15 minutes – and your party is now free to move south – share what news you have as you continue your journey – and take time to make plans on what will happen next.

Ariarh – are you still in Dire Wolf form – or are you electing to trot next to your trusty steed. It will certainly make things easier on your mount if you are “trotting” – not riding – but you will not be able to share your information with the group. Once you “Morph Out” and become normal again – you are free to share what you have learned, and possibly gain information from the rest of the group. This assumes the group has anything to say…


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

The bite on Ariarh's shoulder, is it a wound that requires healing before she proceeds with her party?

Ariarh will remain in dire wolf form for an hour or so just to ensure everything is okay and safe and they do not come across any other dire wolves or predators. Ry has her horse Tal and the pack horse, so the group will need to handle the pack horse if Tal and Wolfy Ariarh are going to run side by side. Once she morphs back to her usual form, she will share all the information she has gained with the rest of the group.


Isani Isu wrote:
Surveying Arasmes' face, "I do not know her as you do, sadiqi. Yet the moments I have heard her speak or seen her promptly act, the Lady druid appears to be a respectful and determined woman for one young of age. Her family and teachers must have been mindful and nurturing from her infancy. That can only be a good thing. I would know her better." And upon hearing the Foreign Ambassador's assessment of her character being similar to the Lady Ariarh's, "I have been closeted in classrooms, temples and archeological structures and my strength does not lie in the physical but of the mind and spirit. So, I accept your assessment with good will." Then switching to a softer Osiriani for a semblance of privacy, "First you compliment my eyes and then my strength of will. The former is something I am not accustomed to, seldom are my features observed and admired. I was stared at mostly in Sothis. An oddity. One grows familiar to being singled out as different and the fear that goes with such judgements. You believe one of my eyes resemble an emerald? My father has described it as the colour of honey." She hesitates speaking for a minute or two, shyly contemplative and then proceeds in Osiriani. "We could not finish our earlier conversation due to the discovery of the crows and elk and then the giant wolves. The bizarres in Sothis were favourites of mine, searching out rare trinkets and treasures. I would often escape the confines of the temple on my own, disguised of course so as to not draw attention, and wander through the markets without a guard in attendance. I would gladly visit the Nightstalls with you in Katapesh and experience your homeland. I have heard of Sarenrae's great Lambent Citadel in Solku, overseen by the Lady Chanar Cynore. I have never had the privilege of visiting the temple and I would be honoured to know more about it from you."

Brett checks his pony a bit to ease it back and ride next to Isani and Arasmes, his eye cocks somewhat at the two of them, as he frowns somewhat.

”Listen you dusky skinned beauty – here’s the thing: last season I had to listen to a hell of a lot of jaw between an old mate of mine – name of Alaric – and a mess of folk in our party that all went blabbing on in the old “Sylvan” talk. Gods that rubbed the ear the wrong way something fierce,” he adds, not really letting you get a chance to answer – or even interrupt.

”Anyhow – why not be talking the Common lingo – it make things a lot easier on the ears, and makes sure that things go a hell of a lot easier on the crew – you know, that way no one gets left out if they don’t know your fancy-pants words, eh?” he adds with a nod.

”That is to say – how about speaking our words – you know, so we can all be friendly-like, eh? What do you say miss?” he asks - rolling a cheroot, lighting it once - then passing it on to Isani to take a puff from.

Clearly this is his version of "smoking the peace pipe" with the southern folk - who seem to insist on speaking their own language for some reason when everyone is all clustered around them.

You also notice that Brett has adroitly maneuvered himself between Isani and Arasmes - almost as if he is somewhat worried that the Tiefling may be using his "methods" to tempt the eye of another female of the group.

You "sense" this theory makes sense - especially considering the way he stressed "friendly" - and keeps his eye on Arasmes...


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Upon the Mister Brett's abrupt command and seeing the Lady Ariarh return to them; her wolf form confronting especially with the blood around her mouth and dripping from her large wolf shoulder, she pauses in her actions to untether Sadiki and climb atop. "My Lady Ariarh, do you require healing?" unsure if the Lady druid could understand her in her wolf form.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

The bite on Ariarh's shoulder, is it a wound that requires healing before she proceeds with her party?

Ariarh will remain in dire wolf form for an hour or so just to ensure everything is okay and safe and they do not come across any other dire wolves or predators. Ry has her horse Tal and the pack horse, so the group will need to handle the pack horse if Tal and Wolfy Ariarh are going to run side by side. Once she morphs back to her usual form, she will share all the information she has gained with the rest of the group.

It is not "Sub-dual Damage" - it is actually "Real Damage" - you have lost 1 HP - you are free to heal it, if you want to. Even so - if you have a full day of bed-rest it will heal naturally.

Either way - if you heal the wound, it won't matter. It was enough that the wolves have tasted your blood - they will remember the taste of it - and the smell of your blood.

No matter what shape you take, if they taste your blood - or if they smell your blood - they will recognize you as one of their own... In either case - you are now a member of the pack!


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

"innovative." Shae says to ariah. (this is high praise) "I envy your shape changing. Ive been toying with a formula that will allow me to take other forms for long periods of time, but it's complex and I haven't quite worked it out. Though I prefer flight forms. It seems far more efficient."


Isani Isu wrote:
Upon the Mister Brett's abrupt command and seeing the Lady Ariarh return to them; her wolf form confronting especially with the blood around her mouth and dripping from her large wolf shoulder, she pauses in her actions to untether Sadiki and climb atop. "My Lady Ariarh, do you require healing?" unsure if the Lady druid could understand her in her wolf form.

"Good job lass - now you're acting like regular mates here, eh?" Brett adds, patting Isani on the back - as he offers her the cheroot with a wave of his hand, encouraging her to taste it.

"It ain't no hasish - but it'll do the job lass," he says with nod.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)

Okay, losing 1 hp isn't too bad since Arasmes "gave" everyone 9 temporary hit points (through his spell).

Alright then, Ariarh will return to her true form and seek healing from Isani. She will ride atop Tal and guide the pack horse. Dior will run beside them.


Shaezon Silverfall wrote:
"innovative." Shae says to ariah. (this is high praise) "I envy your shape changing. Ive been toying with a formula that will allow me to take other forms for long periods of time, but it's complex and I haven't quite worked it out. Though I prefer flight forms. It seems far more efficient."

"A solid plan, Master - but, if may suggest - transforming yourself into gaseous forms could prove advantageous - for it affords a method of travel that is akin to flight - and, further - it allows an individual a certain means to move through somewhat... hindering barriers?"

Galen pauses a moment, considering.

"I have heard that some druids can transform themselves into beings of raw Elemental Power - and that, further - the more rustic folk of the deep nomadic cultures - some to the very south - others to the far north - often see the most powerful and ancient Elemental manifestations of such pure Elemental Force - as veritable demi-gods. That said - is it possible for students of the Arcane to change their form - perhaps permanently - into an Elemental Being? This would be a great boon - for various reasons, I should think..." he adds with an afterthought.


Ariarh Kane wrote:

Okay, losing 1 hp isn't too bad since Arasmes "gave" everyone 9 temporary hit points (through his spell).

Alright then, Ariarh will return to her true form and seek healing from Isani. She will ride atop Tal and guide the pack horse. Dior will run beside them.

True - but when that Temporary HP runs out - which it does rather quickly, as the spell does not last more then 15 minutes, which has long passed in the time it took you to run out there, have the talk, run back, and gather the horses - you will revert back to normal HP - that is; normal HP at full, but missing 1 from the bite.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Isani watches, perplexed, at the cold attitude of the Holbyt councilman toward the Foreign Ambassador. He views him with such suspicion. What is the reason for this ... It cannot be prejudice?

She bows her head before the short-stature councilman, and apologises, "I do not speak in my own tongue to be singular or secretive. Although I have mastered the Common tongue, it is good when I am able to converse in my own language and so chose to, a small reminder of home, Mister Brett. I will be mindful not to speak Osiriani in general forums. I meant no disrespect." She was not into smoking, but felt it was a show of good faith to accept the cheroot and at least taste of it in the councilman's presence. "I have not partaken of such things, Mister Brett, but I shall as a show of good faith between us." She draws back once and slowly and hands the cheroot back to the councilman, amid small, embarrassing coughs.

She then walks purposefully toward the Lady Ariarh and holding her ankh begins to channel healing energy toward the leader, hoping to heal the gaping wound and save infection setting in.

channel energy (1/10): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

The wound seals naturally and seamlessly and she bows before the Lady druid before moving to her horse and climbing into the saddle.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53
Isani Isu wrote:
You believe one of my eyes resemble an emerald? My father has described it as the colour of honey."[/b]

Sorry forgot that one was yellow not green.

Arasmes smiles at Brett's attempts to interfere in a private conversation that has nothing to do with him. Of course Councilman Rowan. He then leans over the halfling on the pony to continue his conversation with Isani. I have been to Solku and seen the Lambent Citadel from the outside though I was not permitted entry at the time. That is an extremely well run city and a good model for Saravale I think. I was able to enter and see the Archive of Eminent Tomes...it was one of the grandest experiences of my life. The knowledge stored there is immense. You can feel the history just walking the stacks. Arasmes gets a somewhat wistful look on his face as he talks about his homeland.


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

fyi most of arasmes statements have been in common. he only turned to osiriani for the complement.


Isani Isu wrote:

Isani watches, perplexed, at the cold attitude of the Holbyt councilman toward the Foreign Ambassador. He views him with such suspicion. What is the reason for this ... It cannot be prejudice?

She bows her head before the short-stature councilman, and apologises, "I do not speak in my own tongue to be singular or secretive. Although I have mastered the Common tongue, it is good when I am able to converse in my own language and so chose to, a small reminder of home, Mister Brett. I will be mindful not to speak Osiriani in general forums. I meant no disrespect." She was not into smoking, but felt it was a show of good faith to accept the cheroot and at least taste of it in the councilman's presence. "I have not partaken of such things, Mister Brett, but I shall as a show of good faith between us." She draws back once and slowly and hands the cheroot back to the councilman, amid small, embarrassing coughs.

She then walks purposefully toward the Lady Ariarh and holding her ankh begins to channel healing energy toward the leader, hoping to heal the gaping wound and save infection setting in.

channel energy (1/10): 2d6

The wound seals naturally and seamlessly and she bows before the Lady druid before moving to her horse and climbing into the saddle.

Watching Isani at work, Brett takes another puff from the cheroot - then hands it once to Arasmes.

"Always with the ladies, eh lad?" he asks, the question seeming harmless good ribbing, but with a slight touch of suspicion in it... Even so - Brett is still generously offering Arasmes the smoke.


Female Changeling - Osirion Cleric 4/Oracle 3

Ras, no worries. Subtle clarification. ;) Her left eye is amber and her right eye is pale blue. :)


Kyton-spawn Tiefling Evolutionist Summoner 7 (Noble) (Init +1 / F +7 R +4 W +7 / Perc. +11 / AC 14 /HP 53

Arasmes smiles and accepts the cheroot with a nod of thanks. Savoring the aroma he takes a slow pull before handing it back to the halfling. I appreciate beauty in all it's forms, Master Brett. Isani has that quality in abundance but I more enjoy her company and speaking of our respective lands of birth. I have been long from there and it is does my heart good to hear the language and speak of places seen and hope to see again someday. He says with a look towards Isani with a little shrug as if to say this happens often.

8,101 to 8,150 of 10,695 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.