Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dain's King Maker Chronicles

Game Master dain120475

Introduction

This is the Kingmaker Campaign, yet it is filled with many deviations from the boxed set. The "Campaign Information" page is meant as a quick resource to help sum up the thousands of posts quickly.


501 to 550 of 10,645 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Treasure Divided

The following will be given to the players to choose from. The rest is kept by Kaid’s people, unless you (the players) demand it. Kaids people have claimed the food, the six horse hitched to the wagon, the huge tent, and the chest of coin. He is also taking the letter, and the silver Idol… the idol for reasons unknown, and the two healing kits.

Items Total GP

29 Saddles 290
29 Horses 2,175

20 suits of damaged studded leather 375
8 suits of damaged leather 60
10 short swords 100
20 scimitars 300

30 long bows 2250
450 arrows 22
20 bedrolls 2

5 large tents 150
Masterwork Breastplate 500
2 healing potions 100
4 lanterns 28

12 flasks of oil 1
20 suits of cold weather clothing 160
+1 Mace 1,300
Loose Change 250

8063 Total

Alaric 1008 – each, Oleg getting a fair share of coin.
Ariarh as Oleg helped in fight and risked life in battle.
Brett
Gideon
Leto
Smendor
Tessera
Oleg

It should be noted that Drake has helped himself to his old gear, not the new stuff. And not even the bow, just a short sword, and you've seen him with two daggers and his leathers. He volunteered no reason on this account, but you suspect it is to protect himself from harm.


Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

1. I loved Oleg's proposal. Cunning little guy, but it beats trying to haul around all this hash. Let Oleg hold my 1,008 worth of goods. He can sell them for me, and keep 10%, IF I don't take some stuff first. But to be honest, he doesn't really have anything I want for now. Unless I cash in my "coin" on what he has in his shop. Any idea on getting to look at Oleg's private stores before we try our next mission?

2. I think Leto can still play, if he wants. But I also think if you have other players out there, let them play instead. Best thing to do is give Leto a few days ultimatum. Politely let him know you have other players that want to join instead, and are not allowed because we have a full crew. Shall we give him till Wed. to post? I think that sounds reasonable.

3. My updated sheet is in the mail!

4. Look, Drake's proved himself. If my "in-game" stuff didn't make it clear to you oh "great and mighty Dain DM" then I shall say clearly, and in black and white; I will not allow this Kaid to kill him. I speak softly, longly, AND carry a big stick (and two pistols besides). If he tries to kill him, I'll say otherwise. But I'll let those with better words do the talking.

Okay, that satisfy you? is everything clear? Good job! Hey, for all this posting can I gain another level? No... grr... okay :)


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

Those are the questions. If you could write it like

1. Oleg's proposal is great/not great
2. Leto can still post if he does X
3. My updated character sheet is in the mail
4. I will fight to help Drake, to hurt Drake, or remain neutral.

Sorry for the crazy guidelines here... It just makes it a lot easier for me to find out everyone's answers.

1. Oleg's proposal is great.
2. Leto can still post if he makes a posting or replies to the GM via email within the next two days.
3. My updated character sheet is in the mail -- Not applicable to Ariarh.
4. I will fight to help Drake. He's proven himself as an ally (at the present time) and for his troubles (aiding us in battle and at the trading post) it would be unfair to hang him for past crimes.


Brett Rowan wrote:
Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

1. I loved Oleg's proposal. Cunning little guy, but it beats trying to haul around all this hash. Let Oleg hold my 1,008 worth of goods. He can sell them for me, and keep 10%, IF I don't take some stuff first. But to be honest, he doesn't really have anything I want for now. Unless I cash in my "coin" on what he has in his shop. Any idea on getting to look at Oleg's private stores before we try our next mission?

2. I think Leto can still play, if he wants. But I also think if you have other players out there, let them play instead. Best thing to do is give Leto a few days ultimatum. Politely let him know you have other players that want to join instead, and are not allowed because we have a full crew. Shall we give him till Wed. to post? I think that sounds reasonable.

3. My updated sheet is in the mail!

4. Look, Drake's proved himself. If my "in-game" stuff didn't make it clear to you oh "great and mighty Dain DM" then I shall say clearly, and in black and white; I will not allow this Kaid to kill him. I speak softly, longly, AND carry a big stick (and two pistols besides). If he tries to kill him, I'll say otherwise. But I'll let those with better words do the talking.

Okay, that satisfy you? is everything clear? Good job! Hey, for all this posting can...

Brett, you're a lifesaver! Yes, you can find out what Oleg has. Just ask him. He has things to sell, and you have 1,008 GP to spend. Also, if you want to claim an item (like a +1 mace), then you are in his debt, and the parties, too. But if you leave it to Oleg, he can sell it, and then tell you what he sold last time when you were gone, and tell you the updated coin.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Treasure Divided

The following will be given to the players to choose from. The rest is kept by Kaid’s people, unless you (the players) demand it. Kaids people have claimed the food, the six horse hitched to the wagon, the huge tent, and the chest of coin. He is also taking the letter, and the silver Idol… the idol for reasons unknown, and the two healing kits.

Items Total GP

29 Saddles 290
29 Horses 2,175

20 suits of damaged studded leather 375
8 suits of damaged leather 60
10 short swords 100
20 scimitars 300

30 long bows 2250
450 arrows 22
20 bedrolls 2

5 large tents 150
Masterwork Breastplate 500
2 healing potions 100
4 lanterns 28

12 flasks of oil 1
20 suits of cold weather clothing 160
+1 Mace 1,300
Loose Change 250

8063 Total

Alaric 1008 – each, Oleg getting a fair share of coin.
Ariarh as Oleg helped in fight and risked life in battle.
Brett
Gideon
Leto
Smendor
Tessera
Oleg

It should be noted that Drake has helped himself to his old gear, not the new stuff. And not even the bow, just a short sword, and you've seen him with two daggers and his leathers. He volunteered no reason on this account, but you suspect it is to protect himself from harm.

Addressing the group of companions, "If everyone is amenable, I would like one of the healing potions and one of the cold weather garments."

"Perhaps we could also ask Oleg what he has in his private stores and find out if he is willing to sell any of it at a fair value."


Words with Gerard

A gang of you walk boldly to the guard named Gerard. He stiffens at your approach.

”Good sir,”Alaric says with a polite bow ”We would have words with your master.”

The man named Gerard Devain looks you all over. He is lean, with a half-starved look to him. You recall him barely eating at the meal, being more attentive to “keeping an eye on” his “chief”. You wonder how many meals he gave up for the good squire, and how many tasks he has taken on just to make his lord more comfortable. You feel this man to be a family retainer. Whatever his personal opinions of you are, no matter how much he agrees with you; his sense of Law… and Good… they will not allow him to break an oath to obey his master’s commands. And one of them is to guard this door, and let his master sleep comfortably in a bed.

He is courteous, polite, and somewhat stiff. His eyes betray a sense of sadness and even a touch of shame. He knows his master is acting in a shameful fashion, in a discourteous manner, and embarrassing the name of his master’s House. But what can be done? This is the man he is sworn to obey. He politely insists you let his master sleep, as ordered, but assures you he will let you know as soon as his master wakes.

You mull this over, but say nothing. There really is nothing to be done with this fellow, short of fighting him, and his gentle kindness over a spirit of steel wins you over. He is a good man, and not worth fighting just to push a conversation up sooner.

This leaves some basic questions for now: what were the contents of that mysterious letter? You’ve already perused it, but you haven’t got anything out of it. What is it all about? And what is his problem with the one called the Drake, or rather Robert Tyrell, late of the House Tyrell and the squire.

Traveling around the outside of the walls of the compound you see Drake making piles of elevated wood using the stakes. It seems he constructing a rude funeral pyre of sorts.

”Is it customary for you to burn bodies in your country? Ariarh queries.

”No, we end up burying them, mostly, mistress Ariarh. But these lads… their master was a priest of Urgothoa. They are obsessed with the undead… and seek to live through un-death, or so ‘tis said. I would just as soon burn the bodies rather then having the priest come by again and try to raise them somehow… That could be ugly, I’d say, wouldn’t you?”he asked pointedly.

You see the girl called Dasha moving to help him without saying anything. She seems to be quiet taken with him, and Leto and his Eidolon have been working hard to shiver wood from some fallen trees nearby for kindling.

”I am not entirely comfortable with this,”muses Alaric, ”but perhaps more comfortable with that then an army of zombies being raised to slaughter us. Well, good thinking sir! But tell me, what news of this squire? He seems to want you dead for some reason, and you seem to dislike him… though I can’t say blame you THERE… but what is the mystery between you two? We apparently have some hours before the squire wakens. I would know the mystery and your involvement. You may have had mad poor decisions in life before, but you seem determined to make amends for them; I commend you for your efforts by the way. But since we can’t chat with the squire till supper, seemingly, and since all the others children are sleeping, as should you dear, you need rest,”Alaric says to Dasha with his most disarming smile ”Why not tell us the full tale? And then we would better know how to deal with him when we speak to him at supper.”

Drake pauses and wipes his face with his sleeve, considering the very forthright comments of Alaric.

”Dasha, love, why don’t you go lay down and get some sleep in the hay. You need it, true. Keep the other children warm, we can talk more at dinner, if you prefer,”he says gently, and she looks between the others, then gives an awkward curtsey and moves off quickly.

”Mind giving a hand while I talk? We’ve got work to do, I’d think,” he adds, even as everyone starts lending a hand with the bodies. His tactic makes sense, and seems reasonable. ”Well,”he says with a deep sigh ”that’s a long story… where to begin?”

Drake begins the story on the troubles between them even as everyone pitches in, to various degrees. He doesn’t expect massive work, in fact, no work is “expected” by him of you, but he is eager to get it done, and his suggestions make sense, and you see no reason not to offer SOME help, so you all pitch in as he gives you the full story.


Oleg's Secret Stash

Stockroom:
This room is used to store the trading
post’s stock.
The stock currently consists of a suit
of leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand
axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a
scythe, two spears, two potions of cure light wounds,
a potion of shield of faith +2, two vials of antitoxin,
six torches, two weeks of trail rations, a number
of animal furs worth a total of 120 gp, and a chest
containing 1,080 cp, 577 sp, and 140 gp.

A10. Storeroom:

This room contains two barrels of
drinking water,

a half-full barrel of lantern oil,
three common lamps, a dozen candles, a week’s
worth of firewood, a hooded lantern,
70 feet of hemp rope, 4 small tents, and enough food (mostly cheese,
hard bread, and dried venison) to last for 2 weeks.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Words with Gerard

A gang of you walk boldly to the guard named Gerard. He stiffens at your approach.

”Good sir,”Alaric says with a polite bow ”We would have words with your master.”

The man named Gerard Devain looks you all over. He is lean, with a half-starved look to him. You recall him barely eating at the meal, being more attentive to “keeping an eye on” his “chief”. You wonder how many meals he gave up for the good squire, and how many tasks he has taken on just to make his lord more comfortable. You feel this man to be a family retainer. Whatever his personal opinions of you are, no matter how much he agrees with you; his sense of Law… and Good… they will not allow him to break an oath to obey his master’s commands. And one of them is to guard this door, and let his master sleep comfortably in a bed.

He is courteous, polite, and somewhat stiff. His eyes betray a sense of sadness and even a touch of shame. He knows his master is acting in a shameful fashion, in a discourteous manner, and embarrassing the name of his master’s House. But what can be done? This is the man he is sworn to obey. He politely insists you let his master sleep, as ordered, but assures you he will let you know as soon as his master wakes.

You mull this over, but say nothing. There really is nothing to be done with this fellow, short of fighting him, and his gentle kindness over a spirit of steel wins you over. He is a good man, and not worth fighting just to push a conversation up sooner.

This leaves some basic questions for now: what were the contents of that mysterious letter? You’ve already perused it, but you haven’t got anything out of it. What is it all about? And what is his problem with the one called the Drake, or rather Robert Tyrell, late of the House Tyrell and the squire.

Traveling around the outside of the walls of the compound you see Drake making piles of elevated wood using the stakes. It seems he constructing a rude funeral pyre of sorts.

”Is it customary for you to...

"I have no problem with lending you a hand as the sooner it gets done the sooner we can get onto other things." Ariarh rolls up her sleeves and nods at Drake, Alaric and Smendor. She's used to such labor growing up on the ranch -- well not the matter of burying dead bodies but the digging.

"Start at the beginning, Drake. It looks like we have time to hear all of it." Ariarh gives another confident nod and looks forward to hearing more of what this stranger has to say, especially the events linking him and Mykeal Kaid.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Oleg's Secret Stash

Stockroom:
This room is used to store the trading
post’s stock.
The stock currently consists of a suit
of leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand
axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a
scythe, two spears, two potions of cure light wounds,
a potion of shield of faith +2, two vials of antitoxin,
six torches, two weeks of trail rations, a number
of animal furs worth a total of 120 gp, and a chest
containing 1,080 cp, 577 sp, and 140 gp.

A10. Storeroom:

This room contains two barrels of
drinking water,

a half-full barrel of lantern oil,
three common lamps, a dozen candles, a week’s
worth of firewood, a hooded lantern,
70 feet of hemp rope, 4 small tents, and enough food (mostly cheese,
hard bread, and dried venison) to last for 2 weeks.

"The cure light wounds potion and the vial of antitoxin sounds very appealing to me. Plus, some of that hard bread", pipes in Ariarh.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:

info to players

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

Okay...

I've been gone all day, so I've been posting a lot to catch up, but I'm posting tons! So I will slow down, and bounce on in an hour and see what everyone is doing.

Catching up on my reading now, but

1.Sounds good
2. Give him a chance to reappear and if he doesnt in a few days then NPC him as needed
3.Will do
4. Drake was forced into a bad situation with the bandits, but he fought valliantly against them at first opportunity. I'd defend him


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

Those are the questions. If you could write it like

1. Oleg's proposal is great/not great
2. Leto can still post if he does X
3. My updated character sheet is in the mail
4. I will fight to help Drake, to hurt Drake, or remain neutral.

Sorry for the crazy guidelines here... It just makes it a lot easier for me to find out everyone's answers.

1. Oleg's 10% Proposal is great

2. GIve him a day or two then NPC as needed
3. I'll have my character sheet in the mail today
4. I'll defend drake until he proves unworthy of my assistance. I'll even make a point to try and keep him within eyeshot, including at night


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:

Oleg's Secret Stash

Stockroom:
This room is used to store the trading
post’s stock.
The stock currently consists of a suit
of leather armor, a heavy wooden shield, two hand
axes, five javelins, a longbow, two dozen arrows, a
scythe, two spears, two potions of cure light wounds,
a potion of shield of faith +2, two vials of antitoxin,
six torches, two weeks of trail rations, a number
of animal furs worth a total of 120 gp, and a chest
containing 1,080 cp, 577 sp, and 140 gp.

A10. Storeroom:

This room contains two barrels of
drinking water,

a half-full barrel of lantern oil,
three common lamps, a dozen candles, a week’s
worth of firewood, a hooded lantern,
70 feet of hemp rope, 4 small tents, and enough food (mostly cheese,
hard bread, and dried venison) to last for 2 weeks.

Gideon speaking to Oleg,

"Oleg, you don't seem to have one in stock, but the last battle has taught me that I need a more long range weapon. If anyone comes by and has a Crossbow to trade I would like one.


Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

Those are the questions. If you could write it like

1. Oleg's proposal is great/not great
2. Leto can still post if he does X
3. My updated character sheet is in the mail
4. I will fight to help Drake, to hurt Drake, or remain neutral.

Sorry for the crazy guidelines here... It just makes it a lot easier for me to find out everyone's answers.

1. Oleg's proposal is acceptable.

2. Leto has not posted since saturday and has consistently posted on other games since then. I say give him till 8pm EST tonight, if no response then we should get one of the alternates from the recruitment thread. EDIT: Ryuko, who plays Leto, is apparently starting a campaign of his own in the recruitment thread so honestly there isn't any reason that he hasn't posted on here. I now say drop him and pick up one of the many alternates from the recruitment thread.
3. My character sheet is in the Electronic Mail. Unfortunately all email has been taken over by the usps and as such you should receive it in 3-5 business days.
4. Drake proved himself in the battle. I still do not trust him but at the least I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he does something that warrants action. I will definitely NOT allow him to be executed as he seems to have genuinely repented and is working to repay his debt.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

1 horse and gear
1 long bows
50 unspent arrows
1 suits of cold weather clothes (the best one he can find)
35 Gold
ADDED:
1 flask of oil
If no one objects Smendor is going to also take one of those nice pillows.

1. Good deal and Smendor will have his own books
2. A few days (I am cool with new peps) He should not turn into an NPC though we have more than enough of that already. He should leave or be dead.
3. Should be today, but it may be a little longer.
4. 60/40 for drake


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1
Dain GM wrote:

Please Read

Okay some of you have posted the answers, some all over the place. I just need things succinct. Also, I need to get the updated character sheets. That should be from everyone except from Ariarh.

1. Please let me know what you think of Oleg's proposal direclty.

2. Please let me know directly what you think about having Leto still on. I don't mind either way, but a reasonable time limit for not posting seems fair, escpially with other people asking me to join. Just let me know what you think.

3. Please email me your updated information if you have raised level. By now this should include everyone but Leto and Ariarh.

4. Finally, let me know what your comments are regarding Drake

Those are the questions. If you could write it like

1. Oleg's proposal is great/not great
2. Leto can still post if he does X
3. My updated character sheet is in the mail
4. I will fight to help Drake, to hurt Drake, or remain neutral.

Sorry for the crazy guidelines here... It just makes it a lot easier for me to find out everyone's answers.

1. Oleg's proposal is fine with Tess

2. I think leto should be replaced by someone else, or we can continue with the group we have, I think we have enough bodies for now as long as people can make it to battles.
3. I will have an updated(and much smaller) character sheet sent to you this afternoon. I'm changing to format again to just be a word document stat block instead of that huge .pdf I sent you last time.
4. I will remain neutral for now but the work that he is doing around camp has impressed Tess so she is starting to warm to him.

At Smendors responce to her earlier comments she narrows her eyes at the dwarf but chooses to let it go for now. Dwarves...so stubborn...I'm going to have to keep a close eye on that one. I have a feeling he's going to become my special project.

When the treasure out of the store room is brought up Tess thinks for a moment and then decides there isn't really much she wants out of there. When the others go to talk to Drake she follows and then helps him burn the bodies, grabbing one of them by the feet and dragging them towards the fire. She looks a little sad now having to deal with the dead bodies. Even after all the years of fighting back home this part still bothered her the most.

Drake, I have a question if you don't mind? What when so wrong in your life that you turned to Banditry? Where you trying to mask some sort of traumatic pain, because if you were I would like to inform you that it doesn't work...hiding from things we don't want do deal with by focusing on other things never works...the things we are avoiding are always their, reminding us that we need to deal with them... her words kind of trail off and she grows silent, feeling she has said to much.

Added to Tessara's character sheet will be the breast plate, the 35 gold, and what ever else I said she wanted that I can't remember right now...lol


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I have a few things I need to work on for the next few days. The number of post I can make will go down until I am finished. I will make sure to stay up on events.

Smendor is attempting to learn how to ride a horse. He knows since everyone seems to have one he must learn.


Drake’s Story

”My full name is Robert Tyrell. I am late of the House Tyrell, the last surviving male member of that House. We are not noble born, but my family is… was… well off. My father died when I was a boy and my mother raised me. She was stern, though loving. When I reached my seventh year I was sent to train with a warrior from the South, Taldor, actually, who taught me the sword and the way of the hunt. His name was Jean Dumas; an expert duelist who taught me many skills. When I reached my fifteenth year I returned to my fathers estates only to discover they were in severe decline and disrepair.”

”All that was left were a few trusted servants and my mother, who had taken ill. I discovered that my father’s estates had fallen so far because of tariffs placed on the roads between my fathers estates and the capital city of New Stetvon. We were nestled in the hills that overlooked, several miles out of the capital; with large acreage of lands. The neighboring lands were controlled by a minor nobleman who determined that to distribute goods and gear to my father’s lands would be prohibitively expensive; or so he claimed. His borders nearly surrounded our own, with the exception of the heights of the mountains. In short, to move goods and gear from my father’s estates to the great capital would mean we would travel through his territory, or travel around it through tall mountain passes, which were (in short) impossible to move goods through.”

”As such, the nobleman continued to squeeze our House into ruin, hoping to buy our lands out, for we had access to mines on our property; with iron, and some silver. He wanted the mines, and hoped to squeeze us. As he was a noble, and we were not, he did so successfully, until we could not afford to maintain the estates. Our miners left for other work, and then we eventually lost everything. I was forced to sell my fathers lands so that I could earn coin to keep my mother alive with healers; but I think it mattered little. I believe she did not want to live, and looked for death. In the end, not even the pittance he offered for our estates could buy enough healers to help her. So… she died,”.

You have no doubt that this Robert Tyrell is speaking the truth. His voice has remained flat and dull the entire time, as if he is discussing growing crops or the weather. To him, the pain of the memory is obviously a dull ache; yet you sense he is not trying to woo you over, just stating facts. Yet he continues…

”The lord of the land, our neighbor, you can guess is the same squire. Or rather, it was his own father that made the arrangements. I myself, at my mother’s passing, grew bitter. I advocated for change, for new laws to be enacted, to protect the rights of base-birth men such as myself from the wiles of nobles and their power. In the end, my word were considered “treasonous”. I was forced to flee for my life. I have lived on my wits and sword for so long, that surviving in the wilderness was easy for me. But I met a man lately who suggested that I take back what was mine… “The wealthy squeeze us all… make them pay for it with actions, not talk. Steal their coin, and erode their power; without wealth, they’ll empty into nothing. They’ll become nothing, and then perhaps they’ll recognize the truth in protecting even base-birth folk like us; for they’ll feel as one of them, for a little while.”

”His speech sounded fair to me, and right. If I wanted to convince the nobles to understand the plight of the poor, I should put them on equal footing. It was with this intention that I began my life of banditry. But, as you may guess,” he adds with a sardonic gleam in his eye ”it was a foolish errand. In the end I had become a loathsome wretch. What high ideas I may have had… they were gone when we began to take action against simple folk. I pled my case over and over in my head; I was trying to do something great and noble… yet each time I pled the case I was feeling myself becoming more like them. In the end… “ he sighs and looks at you.

”Your actions have, in a way, saved me. They have not vindicated me, indeed. But, if I may say, I am set in a new direction. A new path has been opened for me. I confess, when I was taken I expected, and maybe even hoped for; death. But now I see the gods have laid another task at my feet, a new one. I must redress the wrongs I have made. I must make right the foulness I have created. Your actions have helped this, and I thank you for them.”

He has finished the massive pyres for the bodies of the dead riders and heaped the last corpse upon it, staring at it as his chest rises and falls from the exertion.

”Squire Kaid is a pompous ass. Arrogant, vain, egotistical… a typical noble. Yet he is not evil. He believes, as all egotistical folk do, that his opinion is a fact. Therefore, the idea of man who lives that would have defied the nobility with treasonous talk, and gave up his power to become a common bandit is enough for him to wish my neck to stretch. Even if it were not the case that his father and mine own were at odds when my father yet lived. But he is one man, and you are many. His power extends no father south then his own lands, and we are not in them now. You could stop him from killing me, if you wished. Or assist him. I will not flee from you, or try to stop you, if you want me dead. My life is yours, as I see it.”he adds the last with the same resigned voice that he presented throughout the speech. You truly believe his words and realize his life is truly in your hands.

He turns to examine each of your faces coolly. You see man troubled by his past, but now the same grim determination to accept his fate, no matter what it is, with dignity. Your personal opinions of the man aside, there is something that strikes you far more “noble” from this base-birthed bandit then the “noble-birthed” squire that sleeps on one of the bunks inside.

He picks up a lighted torch and walks to the pyre and lights it. The bodies are consumed. No dark necromancer will raise them from the dead to cause evil in your hearts, or take action against you. Even as the tall tower of smoke and flame rise like a beacon, he turns back to you, and you see him watch you; his body a dark shadow in the firelight.


”Well, that’s a pessle of hash, make no mistake. I don’t know about you lads, but I’m warming up to the bandit more then the noble-born inside,”Brett says, pausing to light his pipe as he watches the fire burn.

You see that Robert is now tearing up the stakes from the ground, and heaping them into a pile, and asking for the large Eidolon to assist him carrying it. It seems he has some plans for the stakes, though you don’t know what.

Brett eyes him a moment, continuing to suck on his pipe, a quirked eyebrow over a long stream of smoke that blows from his mouth.

”As I’m thinking on it… perhaps it be time for supper, eh?”he says getting up and heading inside. He calls over his shoulder ”You got any words for young mister Tyrell, best be asking them now. I’m going to cooks something up, then we’ll be waking the good squire Kaid, and see him about his business.”

Brett heads off into base camp even as you watch him go. You suspect it will take him about a half hour to help Svetlana and Oleg with dinner, then you can ask what questions you have for the “good squire”.

Among some of them are… “What is a noble from Brevoy doing so far south? Who are all these people, mostly women and children? Who were those mysterious outriders which were clearly not bandits? What was significance of that letter? And what exactly is your next move.

You continue to watch Robert work with the stakes, and wonder what YOUR next move is going to be, much less the noble in the house in the bunk.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Drake’s Story

”My full name is Robert Tyrell. I am late of the House Tyrell, the last surviving male member of that House. We are not noble born, but my family is… was… well off. My father died when I was a boy and my mother raised me. She was stern, though loving. When I reached my seventh year I was sent to train with a warrior from the South, Taldor, actually, who taught me the sword and the way of the hunt. His name was Jean Dumas; an expert duelist who taught me many skills. When I reached my fifteenth year I returned to my fathers estates only to discover they were in severe decline and disrepair.”

”All that was left were a few trusted servants and my mother, who had taken ill. I discovered that my father’s estates had fallen so far because of tariffs placed on the roads between my fathers estates and the capital city of New Stetvon. We were nestled in the hills that overlooked, several miles out of the capital; with large acreage of lands. The neighboring lands were controlled by a minor nobleman who determined that to distribute goods and gear to my father’s lands would be prohibitively expensive; or so he claimed. His borders nearly surrounded our own, with the exception of the heights of the mountains. In short, to move goods and gear from my father’s estates to the great capital would mean we would travel through his territory, or travel around it through tall mountain passes, which were (in short) impossible to move goods through.”

”As such, the nobleman continued to squeeze our House into ruin, hoping to buy our lands out, for we had access to mines on our property; with iron, and some silver. He wanted the mines, and hoped to squeeze us. As he was a noble, and we were not, he did so successfully, until we could not afford to maintain the estates. Our miners left for other work, and then we eventually lost everything. I was forced to sell my fathers lands so that I could earn coin to keep my mother alive with healers; but I think it mattered little. I believe she did...

I forgot we were burning the bodies so they wouldn't be raised, so please ignore Ariarh offering to dig in my previous posting. Sigh.

Ariarh watched as the bodies burned. It was a sight rather unfamiliar to her but not entirely unpleasant. She also looked upon Robert Tyrell, standing there ensconced in shadow.

"We go down our paths for reasons that are true in the moment. Sometimes, the tangents taken aren't the best and stain our character in the moment. But in my eyes, some stains can be erased as we right the wrongs with a true heart. Your story does not sound false to me and your cooperation and assistance during your time with us has shown me another side of you -- for the better." Ry pauses momentarily before continuing.

"Robert, I would not see you hanged on the pompous orders of this Squire Kaid. That is my opinion, and, I stand by it. I cannot speak for my comrades here, but I will not stand idly by as Kaid dictates what actions I shall undertake."


1. Oleg's proposal is fine with Tess
2. I think leto should be replaced by someone else, or we can continue with the group we have, I think we have enough bodies for now as long as people can make it to battles.
3. I will have an updated(and much smaller) character sheet sent to you this afternoon. I'm changing to format again to just be a word document stat block instead of that huge .pdf I sent you last time.
4. I will remain neutral for now but the work that he is doing around camp has impressed Tess so she is starting to warm to him.

At Smendors responce to her earlier comments she narrows her eyes at the dwarf but chooses to let it go for now. Dwarves...so stubborn...I'm going to have to keep a close eye on that one. I have a feeling he's going to become my special project.

When the treasure out of the store room is brought up Tess thinks for a moment and then decides there isn't...

Tess has taken the following items

Masterwork breastplate: worth 500 GP
35 GP

I should add this leaves you (that is, Tess) with a total of 473 GP. However, if you’d like, you can swap out your armor with Oleg for a cash difference of 25 GP, which would leave you with a net total of 498 GP.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5

Gideon replies to Drakes story,

"The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." We all have history. Our present is mared by it, but it is our present that determines out future.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

As the bodies went up in smoke Tess turned her head and coughed, her stomach churning at the almost all to familiar smell of burning flesh. That smell was not something that one ever gets used to, which she almost found comfort in. She knew if she was ever comforted by the smell of burning flesh she would need to worry. She stands their looking at the man she now knows as Robert and contemplates her next move. While it says in the charter that we are to kill any bandits we encounter who are unrepentant...it leaves an opening for the definition of repentant...He seems to be speaking the truth and while he doesn't seem sorry for what he has done, he doesn't hide from his actions either...I don't think I can stand by as he is hung for actions he seems truly sorry for.

After a few moments she speaks I agree with my... she paused not really sure how to refer to Ry and Gideon and Brett. She searched for the right words my partners here in that you should not be punished for your past. Having to live with the decisions you have made is sometimes more punishment than we deserve. As one who has also taken lives I know to well the memories that can haunt a person. While we are different we are also the same and I for one won't stand by and let anyone try to hang you for your crimes.

I will trade in my old armor and mark the increase in gold on my character sheet once I finish it...got distracted with other stuff today and I apologize for that.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

rolling for hp for level 2:1d8 ⇒ 8
Just so everyone isn't wondering why I'm rolling a d8 I'm taking a level of bard so I can eventually go the arcane archer route.


I will trade in my old armor and mark the increase in gold on my character sheet once I finish it...got distracted with other stuff today and I apologize for that.

No worries. But consider... how much gold do you want to carry on your person at a time? And this goes for all of you. Oleg is happy to store it on his premises if you come back for it in lump sum.

50 GP to a lbs, means that 500 GP is 10 lbs of coinage to carry. Yes, you can put that on your horse, if you want to, or he can keep it for you at his place, and buy gear from wandering merchants from you when you are on "quests".

A little meta-game here; you will be returning to oleg's from time to time. So keeping stuff here you want him to handle seems sensible and not unlikely.

Also remember that "Gold" you have is calculated by theory. Most of your "gold" is the raw value of materials that he sells. Like, if you all leave with 1,000+ gold, you will not be carrying cash, but a string of horses with gear on it you can sell later.

You know Oleg to be trusty, just let me know what you want to do. If you want it on you, that's cool too. We can make accomidations, just let me know.

Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

Oleg will demand rations for ten people for a week, since it is likely the squire won't need it. He agrees, though with a pompous wave of his hand that is getting on your nerves.


Tessara Varial wrote:

rolling for hp for level 2:1d8

Just so everyone isn't wondering why I'm rolling a d8 I'm taking a level of bard so I can eventually go the arcane archer route.

Please let me know when I can get updated character sheets... thanks!


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1
Dain GM wrote:
I will trade in my old armor and mark the increase in gold on my character sheet once I finish it...got distracted with other stuff today and I apologize for that.

No worries. But consider... how much gold do you want to carry on your person at a time? And this goes for all of you. Oleg is happy to store it on his premises if you come back for it in lump sum.

50 GP to a lbs, means that 500 GP is 10 lbs of coinage to carry. Yes, you can put that on your horse, if you want to, or he can keep it for you at his place, and buy gear from wandering merchants from you when you are on "quests".

A little meta-game here; you will be returning to oleg's from time to time. So keeping stuff here you want him to handle seems sensible and not unlikely.

Also remember that "Gold" you have is calculated by theory. Most of your "gold" is the raw value of materials that he sells. Like, if you all leave with 1,000+ gold, you will not be carrying cash, but a string of horses with gear on it you can sell later.

You know Oleg to be trusty, just let me know what you want to do. If you want it on you, that's cool too. We can make accomidations, just let me know.

Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

Oleg will demand rations for ten people for a week, since it is likely the squire won't need it. He agrees, though with a pompous wave of his hand that is getting on your nerves.

Tess will agree to give Oleg all of her gold for safe keeping. And you will have my sheet as soon as I finish writing that email...she's all leveled up and ready to go


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:


Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

The squire mentioned that it would only take him around 2 weeks to get home. I don't think it is necessary that he takes both healing kits with him. He has currently 7 people in his entourage (this includes him and Gerard) and there are ten uses in each kit. I think one should go with him and we should retain one with us. It will come in handy.


Converstaion with Squire Mykeal Kaid...

A throaty bellow spills out of Brett’s tiny frame. He is calling all that are willing to eat for an evening meal. The sky is overcast and gray; clouds are gathering, and there may be another storm brewing.

Nevertheless people come stumbling from their tasks to make their way to the covered benches and terraces that Oleg is standing by, with huge pots of roasted meats. It seems he has used much of his rations up, but you suspect that the massive amount of food that was taken from the wagon is responsible for the surplus in stores and goods.

As the group stands around the table to be served Brett is offering the carved meat like a chief cook passing out the roast stag during Winter Solstice. He delivers the meal like a man who is unveiling art, and you recall that whatever… shortcomings… the Halfling may have, he is certainly an excellent cook.

In due time he dismisses the children inside Oleg’s house to eat, under the supervision of Svetlana. He claims this so they can be warm, and he may be sincere, but it certainly does make it easy for him to speak to this squire without being a bother to the children.

When everyone is seated and eating, the squire slurps up another helping of the roasted meat and nods his head gratefully.

”Quite good, I should say, yes, good indeed!”he adds with a belch, even as Gerard grimaces at the table manners of his young charge. It is clear the elder man is not pleased with his master’s etiquette, but it is not his place to have an opinion on such matters. However, Tess has an opinion, and it is not a pleasent one. Yet, to be diplomatic, she resolves to say nothing to these... these boors... instead she wanders away from them; now she can hear them, but she will not offer comment, only observe. For now.

”Now, the sky is a bit overcast. I’ve spoken to my man here, the good Gerard, and he has made some worthy suggestions, as well as provided me with some information. Firstly, I am far closer to my homelands then I thought, scarcely 40 leagues away, as the crow flies, I should say Re: 1 League = 3 miles. At a rate of around six leagues a day, we should have returned to my homeland in about a week at most, less if we push ourselves. That is just what I intend to do,”he adds with a nod of his head.

”Now, as for the scum you’ve picked off… their leader was a servant of the dark lord Urgathoa. His men were outriders, and they all served a minor Baron to the westerly lands.”

”Hmm… Numeria?Alaric queries, awaiting the flow of information, not one to be put off by rude behavior. After all, burning bridges can be a dangerous thing, especially with the son of a noble so close to what would no doubt a worthy land to… well, let’s just say good neighbors were a welcome thing.

”Not actually,”Mykeal says with a gulp of the mead, flushing somewhat under the alcohol. ”Farther, I believe. They hale from Ustalav, if you can believe it.”

”Ustalav… but that’s quite far… are you SURE they come from there?”Alaric said with surprise.

”Indeed yes, lad. What they’re doing this far east is beyond my ken, but they’re out here. Most likely they’re eager to expand business this far. But to what purpose and why, I don’t know. Peasants can be sacrificed in their own sodding land, rather then taking good honest folk from our own nations.”he adds as an afterthought, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

”Aye indeed, this is an odd thing,”Brett adds as he leans back, sipping from a clay mug, watching Mykeal over its rim. His eyes gleam strangely in the burning firelight, and he crosses his legs comfortably, scratching the edge of his right foot with the toes of his left one.

”Yes, well, indeed,”Mykeal adds after a moment.

”In any case, tomorrow, in the early morning I shall leave to return the children to my own homeland. No doubt they may make their way home safely from there. We shall take our supplies north, and bid you a well deserved thanks for your efforts to help us.”

”Why… you…”Smendor begins to bristle under this arrogant attitude, but is checked by Ariarh’s hand on his shoulder. Dior hisses fiercely at this, but you have a sense it is less at Smendor's outburst and more directed to the squire's churlish manner.

”Well, we are sure that you are very thankful, but it seems like a dangerous trip to undertake with children and no protection. Especially considering your… er, that is, you have quite a lot of valuable baggage and no escort. Would you risk that all? It can be kept here, safely I assure you. And safer here then in a covered wagon on the trail north?”Alaric adds.

”Well, other then myself, there is, of course, Gerard,”the squire sniffs. ”But you do have a point…”

”Not entirely,” comes a young voice from the group. It is Leto. He moves forward with confidence, and an upraised head.

”I believe that I too shall head north. The site of battle is nearly overwhelming me… I wanted to help, to be a person that has done good deeds; hence my presence here. Yet, I should add… I believe my best efforts may have fallen short. And my best intentions went astray from time to time. If my presence, and that of good Tabak here, can dissuade attacks on these good poor bodies on their journey home, then I shall be eager to help them in any way I can. Sir,” he said turning to Squire Kaid “I can think of nothing better then returning to your father’s estates and being a service to you and your people, if you’ll have me,”he adds with a bow.

”Indeed! You are a man of high principles and posses a noble way about you, which I see clearly, for you remind me of myself in younger years,” Kaid declaims as Brett rolls his eyes and Smendor snorts in disgust. ”I will be well pleased to have you on this mission.”

Leto bows again, full of courtesy and high manners.

”Now, for tonight’s proper ending… no dessert I’d guess, but we can have a bit of entertainment. Bring forth this villain; this scoundrel; this ne’er-do-well; this… this… ruffian! Give a moment to state his case and then we’ll have him dancing on the end of a gibbet!”he adds looking around at everyone with an eager expression.

Yet he is taken aback by everyone’s gaze; from disgust at his attitude to cold anger from others, to shock at his callous ways… all of it for him to gaze upon.

”You’re out of your reckoning, squire,””Smendor says with a dark scowl. ”The lad’s a bit shady, but he’s not to be strung up for your amusement, maybe a fair payment for a crime, but out here he’s done nothing but work hard risking his life to make up for it. I’ll not see that punished for your… your… “Smendor’s words are cut off by the gentle remonstration of Alaric who moves forward with a conciliatory gesture and polite way about him.

”Squire Kaid, I would not have you upset, but what my good friend the dwarf here is suggesting is that…well, your plan to hang the man may seem just to you, it seems even better justice for him to live out his life repaying the debts he owes; not simply being executed. When he dies, for him there is nothing. Wouldn’t you rather be content knowing that for the rest of his life he’ll be forced to pay back his debts? Is that not a better punishment to you?”

”It is written… “truth wears many faces”… In this case I believe that the words of both of you are in one accord; you would each see this man be brought to justice. Yet how so? By death you give him no chance to serve the true spirit of justice, only your personal desires for his punishment, if I may be so bold. Justice is the action of making the wronged party whole. The party in question cannot do that if he is put to death. Yet as good Alaric suggests, working of the debt may make it right, and so fulfill the designs of Justice. I am no judge, on these matters, only a student; yet on this matter if I were a judge I would say; let him live. I am Gideon Samus Shaw; I have spoken,”Gideon says standing and bowing low, then rising, his arms folded in front of him, his hood obfuscating his features in the approaching gloom.

”Well, we’ve all had a good jaw, to be sure,”Brett says with another sip of his drink. ”But here’s the facts; in your principality no doubt you have control over your people. But we aren’t there, we’re here. And where is here? Why, it’s somewhere else! Therefore, unless he falls under the jurisdiction of your law, prescribed by writ of noble Charter and the designs of your own ruling folk, then I think his fate is in OUR hands, not yours. So we appreciate your words, and your thoughts. But after we saved your life, left you your five thousand gold (and supplies to boot) and provided you with an escort back to your homelands, I think the least you could do is to say “thanks very much lads and lasses” and let us pass judgment on one we see fit to judge, and one that falls under OUR legal powers, NOT yours,”Brett adds with a bit of cheek, drawing a muffled grimace at this lack of tact from Alaric toward a noble.

”M’lord, he speaks true,”Gerard says leaning down over his master, his voice low, yet not so much that you cant’ hear him. ”I know you are not pleased at his presence, but we are bound by honor to obey the law; which they have cited in all correct manners and forms; both in principle and fact. Moreover, though I know it may rankle your own honor for this, er… scum, to live, clearly your honor may be sated at the thought of him toiling in the mud and dirt like a common nothing for the rest of his life knowing that you have shown dominance and he has failed.”

This is the thing that really strikes home to the Squire. You see it on his face immediately. The desire to lash out with a harsh comment is quickly halted by a slow smile in which he suddenly takes in with a self-satisfied look imagining the opportunity to be ever lording his lifestyle over the now “ruined” man. Perhaps coming to visit from time to time to show off to Robert… it seems to appeal to this Squire greatly. As of now, the matter is settled concerning the desire to stretch the neck of Robert Tyrell.

As an aside you see the face of Gerard had twisted in the speech. You sense he is a man of action, and these games and dips into duplicity and guile unsettle, if not outright disgust him. He would rather be following a more worthy man, but is bound by oath to obey this wretch of a squire. You feel pity for the man, but have other concerns and know this Gerard’s destiny is fixed. He will not abandon his lord, for he has too much honor for that.

”Excellent,”Brett says uncrossing his legs and hopping up.

”In that case I’ll let the lad know what we’re about. No doubt he’s getting a bit lonely skulking about beyond the fence.”

In moments Brett returns with the man, and Brett leads him past the squire into the house to “get him a proper meal”, though you would guess it is more to keep the two men away from each other. Promises and good words aside, someone may end up doing something… hasty.

Brett comes out after but a moment, and the squire is again yawning; claiming the heavy meal has gone right to his head, and wants to sleep again. He wanders back to the narrow room and his cozy bunk, with Gerard following after him. When they are gone, Brett winks.

”He’ll be out for a bit, I slipped a bit of something in his food… have a beu-utiful nap, I shouldn’t wonder, don’t worry, nothing dodgy, just a sleeping draught I have to help with headaches and such. He’ll be fine in the morning, but we won’t have any more of his jaw tonight.”

You gaze at him with a touch of surprise.

”Now,”he says rubbing his hands together. ”Grumpy’s asleep… so; down to business. What’s our next move? Anyone have any ideas how to track down this Happs fellow? And how to put down these bandit folk? I’m open to ideas here; I feel like I’ve been talking the whole night. What plans do YOU have? For now, I’ll just shut my yap and listen a spell.” he adds leaning back and listening expectantly.


Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:


Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

The squire mentioned that it would only take him around 2 weeks to get home. I don't think it is necessary that he takes both healing kits with him. He has currently 7 people in his entourage (this includes him and Gerard) and there are ten uses in each kit. I think one should go with him and we should retain one with us. It will come in handy.

You may have noticed in the next post, but the squire was a bit incorrect. At this point it should take his party a week at the most (recetly consulted the maps again). As such, he "generously" agrees to your request at another healing kit, offering it to you with a wave of his hand... as if to say "yes, you DID save my life... it's the least I can do..."


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:


Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

The squire mentioned that it would only take him around 2 weeks to get home. I don't think it is necessary that he takes both healing kits with him. He has currently 7 people in his entourage (this includes him and Gerard) and there are ten uses in each kit. I think one should go with him and we should retain one with us. It will come in handy.

You may have noticed in the next post, but the squire was a bit incorrect. At this point it should take his party a week at the most (recetly consulted the maps again). As such, he "generously" agrees to your request at another healing kit, offering it to you with a wave of his hand... as if to say "yes, you DID save my life... it's the least I can do..."

"My dear squire, we most certainly DID save YOUR life and that of your people. If I had wanted, I could have easily demanded the second healer's kit but I was being considerate of the needs of those under your protection. I thank you for your generosity. May your journey home be a safe one." Ry gives a slight courteous nod/bow and without waiting for the squire to reply or react, she walks away from him. Pompous ass, she thinks.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:
Ariarh Kane wrote:
Dain GM wrote:


Does anyone contest any of the stuff the squire is taking?

The squire mentioned that it would only take him around 2 weeks to get home. I don't think it is necessary that he takes both healing kits with him. He has currently 7 people in his entourage (this includes him and Gerard) and there are ten uses in each kit. I think one should go with him and we should retain one with us. It will come in handy.

You may have noticed in the next post, but the squire was a bit incorrect. At this point it should take his party a week at the most (recetly consulted the maps again). As such, he "generously" agrees to your request at another healing kit, offering it to you with a wave of his hand... as if to say "yes, you DID save my life... it's the least I can do..."
"My dear squire, we most certainly DID save YOUR life and that of your people. If I had wanted, I could have easily demanded the second healer's kit but I was being considerate of the needs of those under your protection. I thank you for your generosity. May your journey home be a safe one." Ry gives a slight courteous nod/bow and without waiting for the squire to reply or react, she walks away from him to retrieve the kit. Pompous ass, she thinks.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:
”It is written… “truth wears many faces”… In this case I believe that the words of both of you are in one accord; you would each see this man be brought to justice. Yet how so? By death you give him no chance to serve the true spirit of justice, only your personal desires for his punishment, if I may be so bold. Justice is the action of making the wronged party whole. The party in question cannot do that if he is put to death. Yet as good Alaric suggests, working of the debt may make it right, and so fulfill the designs of Justice. I am no judge, on these matters, only a student; yet on this matter if I were a judge I would say; let him live. I am Gideon Samus Shaw; I have spoken,”Gideon says standing and bowing low, then rising, his arms folded in front of him, his hood obfuscating his features in the approaching gloom.

"sounding wise" and using proverbs is what I was going for with this character. Glad to see that translated. The "I have spoken" part and the ominous hood were just a tad melodramatic, but otherwise you hit the nail on the head.

Dain GM wrote:
”Now,”he says rubbing his hands together. ”Grumpy’s asleep… so; down to business. What’s our next move? Anyone have any ideas how to track down this Happs fellow? And how to put down these bandit folk? I’m open to ideas here; I feel like I’ve been talking the whole night. What plans do YOU have? For now, I’ll just shut my yap and listen a spell.” he adds leaning back and listening expectantly.

Gideon speaking to the group in response to this,

"It may be a good idea to provide the good squire with an escort back to his land. This will serve both to speed his journey and protect his people. Additionally, once we get him home we can then turn the trip into a diplomatic mission. If we're going to be setting up operations here than befriending the neighboring kingdoms. However, I have concerns about leaving Oleg's trading post unguarded. Perhaps we could split the group. Thoughts?"


Gideon speaking to the group in response to this,
"It may be a good idea to provide the good squire with an escort back to his land. This will serve both to speed his journey and protect his people. Additionally, once we get him home we can then turn the trip into a diplomatic mission. If we're going to be setting up operations here than befriending the neighboring kingdoms. However, I have concerns about leaving Oleg's trading post unguarded. Perhaps we could split the group. Thoughts?"

YIKES!

Please read the posts in full, gang. You already did provide an escort for the squire AND you already agreed to split the party... or rather, it has already happened.

Also, Ariarh, did you make your suggestion to the squire before, or AFTER he went tot he bed via the sleeping drug?

okay, I'm off to work. There were at least two modest sized posts I tossed up. Read them again if you get the chance, since I had to ad-lib what all of your characters would do/say, and I want to be sure that I got your "voices" correct. That said... talk to you when I get back from work.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Dain GM wrote:

Gideon speaking to the group in response to this,

"It may be a good idea to provide the good squire with an escort back to his land. This will serve both to speed his journey and protect his people. Additionally, once we get him home we can then turn the trip into a diplomatic mission. If we're going to be setting up operations here than befriending the neighboring kingdoms. However, I have concerns about leaving Oleg's trading post unguarded. Perhaps we could split the group. Thoughts?"

YIKES!

Please read the posts in full, gang. You already did provide an escort for the squire AND you already agreed to split the party... or rather, it has already happened.

Also, Ariarh, did you make your suggestion to the squire before, or AFTER he went tot he bed via the sleeping drug?

okay, I'm off to work. There were at least two modest sized posts I tossed up. Read them again if you get the chance, since I had to ad-lib what all of your characters would do/say, and I want to be sure that I got your "voices" correct. That said... talk to you when I get back from work.

I misunderstood. My bad. I'll re-read.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

We are simply sending the person that is no longer active so we do not need to NPC him, and it also covers the escort for safety, but really does not effect the group power. It also give him a chance to redeem himself while on the path.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Smendor wrote:
We are simply sending the person that is no longer active so we do not need to NPC him, and it also covers the escort for safety, but really does not effect the group power. It also give him a chance to redeem himself while on the path.

groovy


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

To The DM: What items does Squire Kaid say are his, and what items does he simply want to take with him. I know he is claiming the coin as his own, and you have not given me a since motive check so I assume there is no lie taking place. If he simply wants the other items so his travel is more comfortable than Smendor wants them to buy the stuff. We are not running a happy handout village here.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1

Tessara takes her dinner and eats away from the party, needing time away from men and their...broodish ways. I swear all these men were raised in a barn. And that squire, what a poor excuse for a noble. Though I susupect that is pretty common for human nobility, no manors, not a scrap of muscle on them, and no work ethic. It is when around these new found...partners that I grow even more homesick. At least back home the world made sense unlike here where the lazy and pompus rule the land. as her mind continued to race she did her best to eat the food the hafling made. As far as outsider cooking goes it wasn't the worst she's had but it still falls short to elven cuisine. As the topic of the boy is brought up she stiffens and starts to rise to interject but decides to see how the others will handle that situation. Hmm...they seem to at least have a sense of right and wrong and are willing to make a stand for what they believe is right she thought as Smendor, Aloric, and Gideon step up on the bandits behalf.

As the events continued to unfold she continued to eat and observe the events around her. When the halfling asked what was next and how to catch Happs she finally stood. I believe I can be of some help trying to find where Happs went. If my years on the front lines back home have taught me anything its how to track the unseen enemy and find where he is hiding. I think we should set out tonight, while his track is still fresh, with a group of four and see where he is going. If I have my pick I would have Ariarh, Gideon, and myself join you Brett in tracking him. If those named agree we should set out at once, before the night gets to set in and we grow to tired. The others should stay here and make sure that the squire gets a proper send off in the morning. She turns to Smendor I'm sure you'll handle that very well.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Like the silver items are not his and Smendor is not going to let him take them since he asked for them.


So he needs to pay for the horses, wagon, silver items, and anything else that he does not clam to own.


And to make sure Squire Kaid is not pulling any funny junk
Smendor will create a document of lawful ownership of the items and he want everyone to sign it. There will more than likely be more than one copy to sign, and Smendor wants want his house seal on every one of them.

Smendor speaks about what he thinks needs to happen with all the goods in respect to Squire Kaid with the others.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I also think we should be taking a look at that letter.


male Tiefling Gestalt staff magus/weapon adept monk 5
Tessara Varial wrote:
As the events continued to unfold she continued to eat and observe the events around her. When the halfling asked what was next and how to catch Happs she finally stood. I believe I can be of some help trying to find where Happs went. If my years on the front lines back home have taught me anything its how to track the unseen enemy and find where he is hiding. I think we should set out tonight, while his track is still fresh, with a group of four and see where he is going. If I have my pick I would have Ariarh, Gideon, and myself join you Brett in tracking him. If those named agree we should set out at once, before the night gets to set in and we grow to tired. The others should stay here and make sure that the squire gets a proper send off in the morning. She turns to Smendor I'm sure you'll handle that very well.

Gideon replies,

" I would be honored and happy to join your hunt. As he is a spellcaster I feel I can be particularly helpful in neutralizing him.

This is the same night, so we're still damaged from the fight, but we did level up. Is that right?

Regarding Smendor's suggestion about loot,

"Having everything on paper will prevent any potential question of leadership in the future. It is a wise plan.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

I it also give use the right to dismemberment and other forms of punishment if we find him to be in a lie. I find it helps to make sure they lie on paper.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

HP: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Alaric would be happy to sign a parchment once he sees the details contained therein. As far as Happs goes, Alaric would like to come as well if the party will have him.

One thing and I'm not meaning to offend but my limited OCD is going berserk right now. Smendor, it's Sense Motive not Since Motive. I don't mean to be a grammar nazi but my eye twitches every time I see it lol. Again I hope no offense is taken because it's not meant.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Well you will need to get some better drugs. I do not write well. I have been working to fix my grammar for years, but it just does not stick for some reason. Generally, I am just a little slow and I have made up for it with more checking and hard work, but I will make those kinds of mistakes. You should see what it looks like before I proof read all my posts. I have been told I am slightly dyslexic, but I have always seen that as an excuse. I will make an extra effort to make sure I have the right words, but like I said at the start of this post there is a very small chance it will just stop.

I have re-read this post more than 20 times, but I assume I did not find all my errors.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

In response to Tessara talking about going after Happs.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Predict the weather is a DC 15 so Smendor will be supporting Brett's comments about bad weather.

Smendor looks up into the sky. " It does not seem like the weather is really on your side for tracking. You have a better chance of just getting cold and sick than you do tracking anything.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter

Brett could have been wrong. I did not think about that when I made the post. I just assume the DM made the check before post.


Smendor wrote:

Well you will need to get some better drugs. I do not write well. I have been working to fix my grammar for years, but it just does not stick for some reason. Generally, I am just a little slow and I have made up for it with more checking and hard work, but I will make those kinds of mistakes. You should see what it looks like before I proof read all my posts. I have been told I am slightly dyslexic, but I have always seen that as an excuse. I will make an extra effort to make sure I have the right words, but like I said at the start of this post there is a very small chance it will just stop.

I have re-read this post more than 20 times, but I assume I did not find all my errors.

I'm sorry I really didn't mean to offend. It's a really small thing to have mentioned. I hope you realize I think you are an excellent player and your writing so far has been excellent I thought. You have a good grasp of your characters voice. Again, I didn't mean anything by it and I am truly sorry if I offended you. That wasn't my intent.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Noble)
Dain GM wrote:

Gideon speaking to the group in response to this,

"It may be a good idea to provide the good squire with an escort back to his land. This will serve both to speed his journey and protect his people. Additionally, once we get him home we can then turn the trip into a diplomatic mission. If we're going to be setting up operations here than befriending the neighboring kingdoms. However, I have concerns about leaving Oleg's trading post unguarded. Perhaps we could split the group. Thoughts?"

YIKES!

Also, Ariarh, did you make your suggestion to the squire before, or AFTER he went tot he bed via the sleeping drug?

Ariarh decided to approach the squire before bed (just after he finished his meal and started to yawn) since he said he would be leaving the next day in the early morning.


Female Elf Ranger 1/Bard 1
Smendor wrote:

In response to Tessara talking about going after Happs.

Survival Check: 1d20+7
Predict the weather is a DC 15 so Smendor will be supporting Brett's comments about bad weather.

Smendor looks up into the sky. " It does not seem like the weather is really on your side for tracking. You have a better chance of just getting cold and sick than you do tracking anything.

Survival Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Tessara's eyes also drift to the skys above them I believe your right Smendor...that and now that I think of it I'm to sore to ride right now, we shall go first thing in the morning. Is their any other business that I'm needed for because if not I'm going to go to bed. If she isn't needed Tess is going to find the nearest bed and collapse.

501 to 550 of 10,645 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dain's King Maker Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.