Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Daedalus' First Labrynth- Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master Daedalus the Dungeon Builder

The room of holes.

Current Map
Soundtrack


151 to 200 of 213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

Sorry, updated, bombs away


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

It's cool.

Cira moves forward and tosses a bomb at the skeleton 20' directly in front of her.

Bomb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Vs Touch AC
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
If it misses: 1d8 ⇒ 8
5 pts splash damage to the skeletons immediately ahead of and to the left and right of the main target.


... stupid wifi. Can't get my computer to connect, so sorry the map isn't getting updated.

Cira's bomb shatters against the skeleton's armor, and two more collapse into the dust of ancient and brittle bones, leaving only two still standing. The two in the bottom left corner


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Round 1

"Sarenrae, lay these doomed souls to rest!"

Channel Energy 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Harm Undead, all the skeletons that are within the 30' radius. DC 13 Will save for half-damage. Undead do not add their channel resistance, if any, to their saves when Athromar channel positive energy.


Athromar's channel slams into the final skeletons, turning them to dust and leaving the room lifeless once more.

Combat over!


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"How...I mean...you guys know how to destroy those things?" he inquires, stunned at the display of positive energy.


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3

Yay, team. Well done!

Phineas sighs a heavy sigh of relief and nods his appreciation at the power of Sarenrae, as displayed by Athromar. He picks up his bow, and hurries over to the fallen bodies again, trying to determine if any still live.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


The bodies are quite dead- and Phineas can tell that they've been dead for two days, just like the horses. By them, there are a pair of packs. One holds a very large pillow and two quivers (each holding 10 blunt arrows), and the other contains 2 days' of rations, a full waterskin, and two smokesticks.

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
The bodies are those of two locals, Gerol and Varsk. Both of them are friends of the mayor.


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Well, it seems likely that these are the owners of the horses."

Cira looks around at the bones scattered throughout the tomb. "We've been sending young people here for years. They can't have been fighting skeletons this whole time? What did these men do that was different?They brought blunt arrows, an odd choice, did they anticipate what they would be fighting? Not very well it seems."


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3

Phineas nods silent agreement with Cira's assessment. "Pillow? That seems like an odd thing for a tomb-robber to bring inside. Not sure about these blunt arrows either, but might take a set just in case."

Phineas bends and grabs one quiver (ten) blunt arrows and adds it to his pack. He also takes the smokesticks.

"Probably would be a good idea to take this food and water as well. Never know what we might run into in this place, and we still have several days walk if we recover the flame." He indicates the ceremonial lantern tied to his belt.


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar nods to Blacklock, "Indeed, Sarenrae's light is difficult to withstand for the restless dead.

This indeed becomes a greater mystery the further we explore. Does the village somehow create such scenarios to test us or has something here gone terribly wrong?"

Athromar asks the question rhetorically. He shakes his head clearly baffled.


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"I don't know where to go from here. There was a noise from the east when we entered, maybe we should investigate?" Cira becomes quiet an strains to hear whether there are still any sounds coming from the east.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"You're right, sounded like quite a wail...east you say?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


The wail, momentarily harder to hear, resumes.

Just my bad. It's really been going on the whole time, I just forgot it.


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Cira heads over to what looks like the a door to the east and inspects it carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

If she finds nothing amiss she opens it carefully.


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar's ears perk up, "I hear it as well. Let us investigate, if someone still lives perhaps they can provide us with a explanation..."

The Cleric stands at the ready with his Crossbow.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Readied Action fire crossbow, if necessary.


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3

Phineas also moves near the door to cover its opening with his longbow at the ready.


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"Careful Cira, I have some experience with this...don't ask."

Blacklock unfurls a small dirty rag with a shiny metallic disc on a long needle thin tube. He takes his time, inspecting the door with some unknown methodology, probing this way and that. He next uncorks a tiny 1 oz bottle of some liquid producing a small green smoke trail from its mouth, which he traces over ever tiny crack, perhaps checking for imperceptible drafts.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Just trying to make some fluff for trap checking


Blacklock finds no traps, and the unlocked door swings open harmlessly when pushed. Inside, the four of you find a large chamber containing a maze of pillars that obscure the far side of the room. Next to the door you just entered is a pile of empty saddlebags and three brooms. However, this room seems oddly empty.

In this room, please move your icons one square at a time. this allows me to see the path you took, which may (or may not) be important here. I may just be playing on your expectations. Am I? Only one way to find out. Map updated.


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Cira moves forward carefully into the next square.

"This is a very odd place. What do you think the brooms are for?"

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"Implements of the damned. What's that saying? 'When in Tomb?'" he picks one up, handing another to Cira. "I'll explore around the columns a bit..."

GM only ;P:
Since I sort of remember whats up here, I'll roll randomly to determine the path at intersections a few times. I'll also do 50/50 for rolling perception at each square or not. Fair?

Assuming marked columns numbered 1,2,3 with 1 closest to door...

At column 1...
Left 1 /right 2: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Column 2...
1d2 ⇒ 1
Column 3...
1d2 ⇒ 1

That's 8 squares of movement, so 8 possibilities that I checked for traps on that square.

Checked 1, No check 2: 1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2

And the 3 checks for squares 3,4,5 along path...
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Blacklock inches along, into the depth of the columns, here and there inspecting small flakes of matter picked from the ceiling and wall.


As you enter the room, you notice the wailing you heard before is much louder now, and seems to be coming from the south at this point. As Blacklock cautiously makes his way to the center of the room, he fails to notice a small trigger. Stepping on it, he tries to twist away as the floor gives out from under him. However, his fingers only brush the side of the hole, and he plummets.

Fortunately, the fall is short and soft. He finds himself laying on a pile of pillows at the bottom of a 10-foot pit. As he sits up, he hears a clink as his hand lands on a small pouch.

The lines also work. There's a few pit traps, and some... other stuff in this room that make it matter where you've been as well as where you are.
Summary: Blacklock takes 1 point of nonlethal damage and is at the bottom of a 10-foot hole with a leather pouch in his hand.

GM Screen:

Blacklock Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d6 ⇒ 1
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"I'm ok! There's a sack down here, not sure about it. Going to open it..." He calls back, opening the pouch to look inside cautiously by placing it on the pit floor and nudging it open with his broom stick.


Inside the sack, Blacklock finds four platinum pieces and a note that reads

Note wrote:
three to open, but be quick, for the door will only open for those who work together


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"There's treasure down here! 400 gold! Wait a minute, what the hell..." he reads the note to himself a few times "A riddle. Hold on, I'm coming back..."

Take 10 if possible on climb check for 17

He hands over the note and treasure for all. "Look, this is real platinum!"

edit: er..in his excitement he forgot the conversion factor for gold and platinum. That was totally RP guys... XD


Blacklock manages to shimmy his way up the pit, without too much difficulty.


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar will follow along the same path that Blacklock walked, [b]"You lead and I will follow, hopefully staying close will allow me to assist you if another mishap befalls you!"


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

Blacklock will first glance around standing at the area of the pit to see if there is anything on the walls or any other features of the room besides columns and the south door.

Take 10, 16.


Highlighted the triggered pit in red on the map, and the switch in green.

Looking around, Blacklock notices a lever or switch of some sort on the wall, 10 feet away.


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"Haha. Thanks Arthomar, you're quite the guy. Wait a minute, whats that...some sort of mechanism? Look, its built into the stone." he moves forward to get a closer look.

Perception checks for 2 squares:

Does he check? (yes 1, no 2)
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
If he checks, whats his roll?
Square1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Square1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

If he gets there successfully, he'll check for traps on the lever mechanism itself and pull the lever if none detected.

DisDev: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Blacklock finds no traps, and safely makes his way to the switch. He pulls it.... and nothing happens.


Female N Human Alchemist 2 | HP: 18/18| AC: 15(12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Bombs: 5/6 | Extracts: 3/3 Mutagen: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Cira also follows in Blacklock's path. "There must be more switches. The men with the pillows must have known what to expect. I'd the elders of Kassen must have known about the pits, they probably put pillows there to keep them from killing the young people they send here.

As Blacklock pulls the switch she muses."There must be more switches. I think it's most sensible for Blacklock to search the rest of the room with us close behind him."


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar nods to Cira, "I could not agree more Cira. We must work together and stay together".


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3

Phineas follows silently behind the others, keeping close enough to watch where to step.


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

Instead of me rolling randomly for Blacklock's path, why don't you guys draw it and we'll pretend it was me?


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

Or not, its cool. I was just very tired yesterday.

Decision Dice:

Target is top left corner on map to cover most unexplored territory, marked with red dot. Path is drawn from green lever. looks like 11 squares.

Does he check? 1 yes 2 no
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 2
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Now that you know there's pits, it's reasonable to assume you can check every square.

GM Screen:

Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Blacklock's keen eyes, trained on the ground at all times, manages to spot two more pit traps along the way to the top corner, and he manages to avoid them without too much difficulty. However, on his way to the corner of the room, he spots a second lever on the wall.


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

"What do you think, more treasure in these? I'm going to spring them and take a look, stand back."

Blacklock jury-rigs a quick apparatus combining his broom and some of his specialty tools to try and open the trapdoors from an adjacent square. It looks something like a super long, hooked screwdriver with a very precise head which he puts some effort into twisting at the right moment.

DisDev: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
DisDev: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

If it works he peers into the gaping pits, stomach on the floor.


Blacklock easily triggers the traps, and the floor falls away to reveal 10-foot pits just like the first, piled high with pillows. However, he doesn't see anything else, treasure or otherwise, at the bottom.

GM Screen:

Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Blacklock Percpetion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3

As Blacklock explains about the second lever, Phineas has an idea. "The note said 'Three need to work together'. I wonder if there are three switches all together, and they all need to be thrown at the same time?"

If everyone agrees, Phineas will make his way back to the where the first switch was (careful for the known pits) and wait to see if the group discovers a third switch.


What route does Phineas take to avoid the pits?


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

Sorry, I can see I totally missed the pillows detail the first time around.

"Is anyone else finding it odd that these death chambers are lined with stay-soft fluffy pillows?"


M Human Cleric 1/Ranger 1 | HP 14/14 | Channels 7/7 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+5|W+5 | Per +7 |Init +3
Daedalus, the Original DM wrote:
What route does Phineas take to avoid the pits?

If possible, he would follow the same route Blacklock took, but avoid falling in the known pit, even if it meant dropping down from the edge and climbing up the other side. If not acceptable, he will just stay put until Blacklock can find a safe path.


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

After checking the second found lever for any triggers, he gives it a pull. If nothing, he makes his way towards the north door and tries to open it. Via blue path

"I mean iron spikes coated with goblin muck, that would be predictable. We should camp in here later, its heaven down there."


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar looks at Cira, "Phineas makes an excellent point. Cira, you take the first switch, Phineas, the second. Blacklock locate and work the third. I will stay in the middle to be close in case any of you need assistance or a healing hand. Agreed?"


Male LE Human Mesmerist 6 | HP:66/66| AC: 17 (19 cat's grace) (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16c]F: +4, R: +8, W: +9[/ooc] | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Mesmerist Tricks 6/6 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: None.

Cira nods. "Sounds sensible."


Blacklock makes his way to the door, keen eyes spotting another pit trap and easily avoiding it. When he tries to open the door, he finds it locked securely.

GM Screen:

Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


M Human (U.Rogue [Swashbuckler]) || hp 17/17 || atk: 5/3/4 || def: 16/13/13/16 || Init +2, Perc +6 || sv: 1/5/1 ||

He checks inside the pit trap for treasure as before.

DisDev: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Observing the door failing to budge, Blacklock concurs. "I think you're right, there's gotta be a third lever in here somewhere."

Hmm, how many squares visibility in here with sunrod? Am I correct that only top right is unexplored?


The switches aren't very big, and visibility is much more limited by the pillars and very few direct lines of sight than by the darkness in the room. You need to come close-ish to the switches to spot them.

Blacklock manages to trigger the trap, to show more pillows (and nothing else) at the bottom.

GM Screen:

Blacklock Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


M Human Cleric 2 | HP 18/18 | Channels 5/6 | AC = 16 | F+4|R+2|W+4 | Per +5 |Init +4

Athromar casts Light on his Mace to hopefully provide a better view to Blacklock.

151 to 200 of 213 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Quest for the Eternal Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.