Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DaWay's We Be Goblins! (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay


101 to 150 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

"Me wonder, do I get ta borrow The Chief's Personal Very Useful Robe That Is Useful!?"

Zinc will stay in the back glancing over his shoulder every so often.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Shadow Lodge

Male

All the objects you got from the challenges during last nights activities are with you

DM stuff:

Lotslegs Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
12 Bregnac Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
20 Ghlurb Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
22 Grulo Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Nenus Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Nenus Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ponk Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ponk Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
24 Zinc Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Lotslegs Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

You are making your way to the 'x' scribed on the hand fan that is functioning as your map. Making your way through the swamp is a little more difficult than any of you really expected. Making your way under a canopy of trees. Ghlurb, Grulo, Nenus, and Zinc you spot your hated enemy, Lotslegs Eats Goblin Babies Many descending from the trees still about 30' above you.

Initiative on the surprise round: Zinc, Nenus, Ghlurb, Grulo, Lotslegs
Next Round the order is: Zinc, Bregnac, Nenus, Ghlurb, Grulo, Lotslegs, Ponk

Feel free to post at the end of the rounds I will do a round summary


KnNature (untrained) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 15' up tree

Ghlurb lets out a roar, scampering up a tree headlong to meet his foe. His axe still in its sheath, he relies on a tenacious grip and an iron resolve to climb. One hand over the other is too slow for Ghlurb- he vaults upwards at an unmatchable speed, bark from his passage flying off to crash angrily to the soggy floor of the swamp.


Nenus, unphased by the sight of Lotslegs, retrieves an empty bottle from his pack ame hurls it at the spider, squealing, I see you!
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d6 ⇒ 3


Goblin

Grulo shoots at the spider with his bow. "I craft you legs into new bow, leggy-bug. Feed yer heart to Squealy Nord!"

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Too surprised to act, Ponk simply gives a squeal of terror while tightly gripping the prized skyrocket.


Whoops, that climb was a 26. That's just unnecessary...
Edit: Not that it matters overmuch, but my initiative in the swamp is a +5, my perception is a +6, and survival is a +6, as my favored terrain applies.


Zinc will throw a bomb at the spider.

Bomb Attack:

Attack (Ranged Touch, -2 to hit for range, +1 for Point Blank.) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage (Point Blank) 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


ministat round summary:

hp14/14
ac:15/11/15 (+4ac, +1 size) while climbing

Shadow Lodge

Male

Lotslegs:

Bite1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3
Web 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
HP 12/16

Upon seeing the spider Zinc hurls a vial of a volatile nature, but even with all his might the object falls short, leaving a burning ring of fire a short distance from the battle.

Bregnac has not posted so...Bregnac loads her sling with a small stone and whirls it over head and only releasing the stone from the centrifically force after a load whistle has been sustained she lets it fly...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d3 ⇒ 2

Striking the creature squarely in the head

Nenus taking the queue from Zinc lanches an empty bottle of varisian brandy at the hated enemy, squarely hitting the tree behind the creature. Nenus then takes a moment trying to rub his eyes to correct his vision for the purposes of aiming.

Grulo lifts his bow and takes aim, making sure to stick his tongue out to account for the corrections needed to measure the wind. The arrow is let loose and flies straight towards the giant spider. Striking it true in the thorax.

Ghlurb rises to meet his enemy making it about halfway up the tree before taking a couple moments to make sure his fellow heroes aren't flinging an more glass bottles in that direction.

Finally Lotslegs charges the companions on the ground targeting Bregnac. It rears up and attempts to plunge its teeth into your soft flesh, but underestimated the speed that is a natural talent of the goblin, as you step out of the range briefly. It then launches a web at the one with the fire and ensnares Zinc into a web. Reflex please


Goblin

On Grulo's turn, assuming the spider is still alive:

Grulo scampers away a fw feet, so as not to get too close to the enormous spider, and blows a raspberry at it, as he forgot to pull his tongue back in his mouth.

He then knocks another arrow and lets it fly, the bowstring leaving a welt on his forearm that elicits a loud yelp of pain.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14, damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Nenus, furious that his bottled missed his target, spews a mouthful of brandy at Lotslegs, squealing, If he no see, we kill he!

Dirty trick to blind 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Round 1:

"Lotslegs means lotsfeet! More chance for slipping and falling!"

Ponk makes a teetering movement and a rude noise with his mouth, conjuring a puddle of slippery goo under the spider. Grease spell, centered five feet behind the spider. DC 14 Reflex save.


Does it charge past me? AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 If damaged, this prompts a climb check from the spider.
Ghlurb howls furiously at the cowardly beast as it lurches past him, and flings himself after it in reckless abandon with a howl of rage.
Enter rage and acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, drawing axe.
Directing his fall towards the beast, he crashes into it with a crunch of chitin and grunt of both satisfaction and pain.
"falling object" "thrown" ranged touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 ⇒ 3
Rolling to his feet, Ghlurb smiles darkly, gripping his axe with both hands and bringing it crashing down over his head into the armor of the spider, twisting viciously.
Attack with axe 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


I land prone taking 3 damage from the fall, but I still attack, albeit with a 16 instead of a 20 on the 'to hit' roll. I'm guessing that 14 MOTHE%$&!()*% damage lays it out.


Goblin

GM:
On the surprise round, I'm assuming lotslegs charged, and on round 1 it shot the web (?). Or does it get two actions on its turn?

Shadow Lodge

Male

ok, no need to go further, as the spider scuttles past Ghlurb and his quick reaction attempts to swing misses. Landing shots the web at zinc. Then Nenus blinds the creature as Ghlurb plummets from the tree with a sickening crack rolls so that Grulo can shoot an arrow at the creature again. As Ghlurb takes his massive axe and buries it in the head of the creature causing it to spasm as it dies.

Would you guys like to do anything here or should I proceed?

Grulo:
I honestly didn't know how to handle it when it said special attack. If you have any suggests please feel free to voice them


Ghlurb pants heavily, but simply rips out the mandibles, tucking them into his pouch. He licks his wounds briefly, then trundles on, gnawing at spider meat.


Goblin

GM:
Unless otherwise stated spell-like abilities, extraordinary abilities, and supernatural abilities are standard actions. Firing the web is the same sort of action as an attack. Also, Ghlurb used the falling rules incorrectly, in his favor, so I guess it evens out. :)

Grulo cackles with happiness at their kill. He pulls three of the spider's legs off with a sickening "schlrorp" and puts them in his pack. "Gonna make a spider leg bow called Lotsarrows Shoot Spiders Many" Grulo laughs again, and disappears into the foliage looking for potential spider victims that may still have useful things on their corpses.


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

"Where Lotslegs come from? It eat many goblins, but goblins keep stuff not worth eating, but worth keeping. We should find. If Lotslegs female, maybe there also be yummy eggs to eat."

Seeing that Grulo also has the same idea, Ponk pushes off in the direction the spider came from.

Perception Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Ghlurb sighs and returns to the spot where lotslegs was felled. He gazes up with sudden inspiration, and is off faster than any can even blink, tracking the spider backwards to its lair.
accelerated climb taking 10 for 17. Survival taking 10 for 16 to track.


Nenus looks up from his bottle, requiring a drink to replace the one he spewed, and is startled to see Lotslegs... nearly legless. "Me huv gud erdea! Less fend de boomy tings und heev ahnuder perty!"

Nenus takes off, not after the spider's possessions, but rather in the direction of the firework's known location. Making it a total of 5 steps, Nenus stops and looks around. Noticing he has NO idea where he is going, he takes another swig and turns to follow the others.


The goblin woman gives a squeal of joy as she hits lotsoflegs with a bullet.... and then squeaks in fright as the spider makes for her. In a flash though Ghlurb is on the back of the not squished lotsoflegs.

Over before it begins the Bregnac looks about as the small bad of goblins searches for lotsoflegs' lair.


Goblin

Survival to track: 15 (taking 10)
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Shadow Lodge

Male

You track through the soggy, mossy tree branches back to the lair itself. Scattered amid the trees are dozens of bodies, some of which are goblins, but a few of which are humans.


Ghlurb rummages through the bodies, throwing anything clearly shiny at Ponk and keeping anything he can use as a weapon. He samples any food, and some things probably best left uneaten, before sharing spoils with the group.


Breganac relieves lotslegs of a fang before she follows after her companions. As Ghlurb goes through the lair tossing our this and that the goblin priestess decides to check out some of the spider's victims to see what they might have had that is worth taking. She starts with some of the humans.

Shadow Lodge

Male

You find amongst the bodies 24 gp, A small light crossbow of good make, 11 bolts, a pearl, 4 vials of stange looking liquid, and a small wrapped package.


Ghlurb takes one of the liquids and opens the package.

Shadow Lodge

Male

of the liquids there are two bluish ones, a reddish, and a yellow.
Inside the package are six pieces of taffy.


Goblin

Grulo snatches a piece of taffy and begins chewing with gusto.

Mouth full, he asks, "Whaur urr fthuh phfviyuhlls? Auhrr dehy shayphff dtoo drennkh?"

"What are the vials? Are they safe to drink?" In case you don't want to decipher that.


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Are there still six of us? Or have we lost our cliff smiting cavalier? Need to know if we divide the taffy equally or give an extra piece to Ghlurb for the kill.

"No eat all the nummies! We all get some! Let me look at stuff first before we take. Drinks could be magics...or poison."

Ponk mutters words and waves his hands over the things. Detect magic, then examining the items.


Ghlurb scoffs at the windmilling Ponk, and dabs a finger into each of the vials, tasting each in turn.
Perception to identify potion/liquid:
BluishI-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
BlusihII-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Reddish- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Yellow- 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


"Ooo ooo ooo..." the goblin woman jumps with glee at finding goodies... She too grabs for a piece of taffy and takes a bite of it... "Mmmmm..."

Picking up the crossbow she stows it as well... hoping to find some bolts later.


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1
Bregnac Pawbreaker wrote:


Picking up the crossbow she stows it as well... hoping to find some bolts later.

There were 11 bolts with the crossbow.

Shadow Lodge

Male

The blueish Vial is a potion of cure moderate wounds, the reddish and yellowish potions radiate transmutation magic. And yes, there were 11 bolts with the crossbow. If you want to take care of any more identifying please feel free to retcon.

You continue following the map, The point indicated on Scribbleface’s map isn’t quite on the coast, but it’s close enough to hear the faint susurrus of waves crashing on an unseen swampy shoreline. The site itself is obvious once it is approached—a large wrecked ship lodged in a shallow pool of swamp water. The ship itself is a two-masted Chelish sailing vessel with strange, faded writing on its bowThe ship itself is quite old—it crashed here several decades ago.

The shipwreck itself is upright, held in place by the mud and sludge it now sits in and supported by thick growths of marsh gorse and other foliage. The derelict leans toward its stern at a noticeable but not unwieldy angle, and its railings are as decorated with hanging moss as they are with goblin skulls and bits of bone


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Spellcraft to identify the yellow potion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Spellcraft to identify the red potion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Ponk lowers his voice as the wreck comes into view. "There be the fireworks place. It all decked out in dead goblin bits. Enemies be there."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Ponk you do not know what the potions are.

Also, I forgot:
A two-masted ship lies mired in the mud in this clearing, its rigging thick with moss and decorated with lanterns and windchimes made from goblin skulls and bones. Strange writing is faintly visible along the ship’s prow, while the soggy, swampy “yard” that surrounds the wreck is encircled by a rickety wooden fence. A thin curl of smoke wafts up from a chimney that protrudes from an unusual box-like structure near the ship's bow.


Ghlurb takes one bluish potion, passing the other to the group, and the reddish potion, though he lets anyone else who wishes try to identify the potion. As the wreck comes into view he draws his smaller axe, strapping his shield to his arm, and takes point, loping off at a quick pace. He stops every few yards to check for fresh tracks and keeps his eyes peeled.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Goblin

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Survival to Track 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Grulo puts a finger to his lips and emits a quiet but firm, "Shhhhhhh!"

He then creeps along near the foliage, his skin faintly changing color as he goes. He is silent as an owl, and nearly impossibly to pay attention to. He looks in any windows or cracks, and attempts to find any signs of life.

Shadow Lodge

Male

As you creep along you hear a slew of sinister growls and a eerie neigh emitted from the grounds encircled by the rickety wooden fence.


Bregnac draws her dogslicer at the sounds of growling and neighs... In a low whisper she questions with an excited look in her eye, "Doggies?"

She moves along with the others... ((Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20))


Ghlurb scampers up the fence, digging holds with his axe so the others can ascend as well, and peers over the top.


Goblin

As soon as he notices the animal sounds, he draws his new dogslicer, and readies for battle with his hated nemeses.

Should I roll another Perception check with favored enemy bonuses?


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Ponk creeps up behind the others, looking for a spot along the fence he can see through. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Shadow Lodge

Male

From around the wreck comes a filthy dark gray stallion who you can only assume. His hooves have churned region within the fenced area into a thick morass of mud. It sees you and begins a gallop towards you.

Ponk Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Grulo Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Ghlurb Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bregnac Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Nenus Init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Zinc Init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Stomp Init 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Order Bregnac, Ponk, Nenus, Zinc, Grulo, Stomp, Ghlurb


Male Goblin Sorcerer (primal fire bloodline) 1

Round 1:

"Ack! Horsie!" cries Ponk, moving to put Ghlurb's bulk between him and the terrible creature. Pulling a smelly cloth fetish from his belt, he babbles a spell and the fetish bursts into flame, sending tiny, fiery dragons zipping around the other goblins to converge on the horse, where they burst with flashes and fire. Snapdragon fireworks spell, targeting one of the squares the horse takes up. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4hp fire damage and dazzled. DC 14 Ref save for 1/2 dmg and negate the dazzled effect.


Bregnac squeals with delight... "Burn it... Me call a leg!" She points her hand at the coming beast as a bolt of fire streaks towards it. She then readies herself for it's oncoming attack with her shield up before her.

(( Fire Bolt 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 (tough attack) for 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire damage. ))


Goblin

Round 1
Grulo's eyes gleam with joy and rage, "HORSE! You die by me, beast!"

Grulo charges at the horse with his magic dogslicer.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23; damage: 1d4 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (6, 5) = 22

As the blade bites flesh and bone, Grulo grins, blood splattered on his face, and he grits his teeth in expectation of powerful hooves crushing his skull. If the horse dies, he stops wincing and starts hacking away at the corpse, pulling off a raw flank steak and a few choice bits of rib meat to chew on greedily.

Round 1 vital stats:

--------------------
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (10 + 5 Dex, +1 Size, +3 armor, -2 charging)
hp 12 (d10 + 2 Con)
Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +0
-----------------------


Nenus takes one look at the galloping horse and cocks his fist back. cam end geht eet horsey!

ready vs. approach

101 to 150 of 237 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's We Be Goblins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.