Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DaWay's Ruby Phoenix Tournament (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay


251 to 300 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

Sounds good to me.

As Nemeia finished her shots, Nalita takes her own turn.

First round cast True Strike, Swift for Arcane Pool enhancement bonus. Second shoot, swift to recall True Strike. Repeat. +8 BAB+1 Dex (thanks Treiden), +4 Enhancement on bow, +2 Good hope, +20 True Strike.
Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (10) + 35 = 45
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (5) + 35 = 40
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (3) + 35 = 38
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (15) + 35 = 50
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (20) + 35 = 55
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (10) + 35 = 45
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Extra Crit Damage: 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 7) + 12 = 20

Lantern Lodge

Male

The two lovely ladies step up with a bow and one by one, arrow by arrow, hit the bullseye of the third target 10 consecutive times.

The Emissary has a monk present you a quiver with 11 slaying arrows and congratulates you for having the highest score ever on this round of the tournament. Inside this quiver you also find lesser bracers of archery.

You have been instructed that you have a couple of hours before you have an exhibition fight.


"congratulations to the both of you, I could not have accomplished such a feat myself"

Lantern Lodge

Male

doing anything during those hours?

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

I will prepare another dex mutagen, and brew a true strike potion to return to Kerumi. "If anybody else wants any potions I know how to make, I will be happy to help."


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

"I must admit, I too am surprised. I do not have much skill with the bow. Without my spells, and of course Treiden's aid, I am not certain I could have done as well. Mayhaps in a previous incarnation, I was an archer. And good job to you as well Nemeia."

Going to watch some fights, hopefully learn about who our competition may be.


"By the stars! To have seen such a show from my vantage would have brought tears to your eyes. With every arrow loosed upon canvas a roar erupted like none I've ever heard. Perhaps one of you should forgo your sword and take up the bow during our next group match? You each certainly show quite high promise of mastery."

Treiden will string up his pants (provided Nalita returns his belt) then find something to eat, preferably a light salad or fish. Then watch an exhibition match or two.


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

Doh, yea, belt is returned.


Yay! Thanks!

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

"I am happy to fight with my crossbow, but I lack training in martial bows. Unfortunately because of the limited rate of fire and less ability to strike pressure points and other vulnerable areas, I usually only fire a shot or two before I dive in head first."


Kerumi would watch the other matches and discuss then with his allies

Lantern Lodge

Male

The most notable is risha and her allies advance.


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

Any chance we could get some basic info their team? Like how many, what they use to fight (spells, weapons).

Lantern Lodge

Male

risha's team consists of her ,making use of two short swords, a human with a great axe, a half-orc that has some divine magic weilding a greatsword, and a half-elf sorceress.

In the early afternoon, you are instructed to go to the bluff known as the Wall of Seven Winds, a 120 ft vertical cliff between New Harobor and the Grand Pavilion where the winds are known to always be particularly strong as they whip across the curved, sheer cliff that surrounds the cove, roiling the deep water below into a white-capped froth. Several dozen boats bob on the rough water, their decks crowded with eager specetators focused on the cliff top.

As you arrive you find Marthysen the Righteous standing before a small crowd atop the bluff. Several dozen boats are anchored in the coeve at the base of the cliff, from which a larger gathering of onlookers eagerly watches the top of the wall. Marthy gives you a pair of silk slippers and instructs you they must be worn during this exhibition.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

Nemeia takes a moment to prepare extracts of communal spider climb and see invisibility, just in case.


"So let me guess... The next match is going to be up there." Treiden asserts with a disenchanted sigh. "Thank you for the slippers Marthysen. Might you tell me why we should be wearing these?"

Lantern Lodge

Male

Marthysen informs you that they are slippers of spider climb

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

*headdesk*


"These allow us to cling to the bluff then?" Kerumi says with an unsure look upon his face

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

"If they work like my alchemical spider climb, they will allow you to climb as if you were walking."

Lantern Lodge

Male

Marthysen says yes your friend Nemeia is right. But do not fear for your safety. You see those wizards they will cast spells so that you gently glide to the ground rather than go splat. Also please return the slippers after the fight whether you beat them, they beat you, or you fall into the water below.

You see your next opponents coming, you've heard rumors of this man, Orometsu Yasi, the White Warrior, leading a band of monks. The woman in the white armor bows to you, the sun gleaming of her ivory toned armor, before she walks over the edge of the cliff with the same pair of slippers you now wear.


Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (on Orometsu Yasi, the White Warrior)

"Funny coincidence, Marthysen. These leather boots of mine happen to be enchanted with the same magics!" Treiden informs the paladin with a grin. "At the very least this should give you one less pair to worry about sinking to the bottom of the sea."

Turning to the group, "I cannot speak for the rest of you True Strikers, but I would greatly like to capitalize on this adrenalin. I'm ready when the rest of you are."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

Nemeia downs the extract of communal spider climb, then the extracts of communal resist energies and protection from arrows, and finally barkskin and shield. "I am ready."


"I believe I'm as ready as I'll ever be to walk on the sheer side of a cliff"


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

"I think this will be an enjoyable battle." She puts the slippers on and tests them, feeling a surge of energy through her body at the prospect of the coming battle. "Not the first time I've fought on a side of the cliff, but maybe the first where it was voluntary."

Lantern Lodge

Male

DM notes:

Orometsu initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Monks Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

On the cliff the white warrior and the three monks take a stance and await to see who moves first as if in a stare down with you.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

Will you be doing a bulk init roll or should we each roll?

Nemeia quaffs an extract of fluid form as she starts walking toward the edge, and when her companions join her, she will activate haste.


Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

ROUND 0 INITIATIVE 18

Status:

HP: 101/101
AC: 30 T: 20 FF: 20
CMD: 32
Saves: F10/R19/W12 +3 Morale vs Charm/Fear
Speed: 50ft
Spells: 1st [6/6], 2nd [5/5], 3rd [4/5], 4th [2/2]
Abilities: Battle Dance [26/27]
Status:
Conditions:
Equipped: Silver Dartwing
Active Effects: Battle Dance (Rain of Blows +2, Razor's Kiss, Inspire Courage), Good Hope

Base +13/+5; Enhancement +1/+1; Rain of Blows +2/-; Good Hope +2/+2; Inspire Courage +3/+3; Total: +21/+11

Treiden reaches into his inside breast pocket to retrieve his decorated mithral scimitar. He then casts Good Hope on the team and limbers into his meditative battle stance.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Nemeia activates haste for the team, and wields her sickle, preparing to run in when her first teammate enters melee, and flank their target. Also up to 9 AoO's on anything moving within 15'.

Besides the usual benefits, haste gives us +30 to our climb speed as well, so 50 vs. spider climb's usual 20

stats:
HP: 105/105
AC: 39/20/29
F:+12 R:+18 W:+4
Wielding: +2 agile silversheen sickle
Aff: haste, barkskin, good hope, shield, fluid form, resist energy, prot. from arrows


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

Round 0

Stats:

HP: 95/95
AC: 29 T17 FF28 CMD28
Arcane Pool: 2/8
F/R/W: 13/9/12
Effects: Good Hope, Haste, Shield, Arcane Enhancement (+2 and Shock)

Nalita charges her blade with magic power, using that same energy to form a disc of protection in front of her. She cautiously takes a step towards the monks, seeing how they react. "Prepare Kuroi. This one may be challenging."

Swift action for one point of arcane pool to enhance her Blackbalde, standard to cast shield.

Lantern Lodge

Male

with the mutual respect shown each combatant goes to meet you. Treidan draws the White warrior, Nalita, Kerumi and Nemia each draw a monk.

The white warrior charges across the side of the moment, her nodachi leaving a trail of falling snow as she lashes out with a strike
Attack 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25
Damage 1d10 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 13 + (5) = 23
Crit Conf 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 2 = 36
Extra Damage 1d10 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (6) = 23

In unison each of the monks charge and all attempt to deliver flying kicks
Nalita attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Kerumi attack 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Nemeia attack1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

I don't think the 16 would even hit me if I was unconscious :) Fluid form extends my reach up to 15'. To reach me the monk have to pass through 2 threatened spaces, either provoking AoO or trying to use acrobatics twice to beat a 27 CMD to avoid each AoO.
If I do get AoO, here are rolls:
Att: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29, dam 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Att: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37, dam 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

Once the warrior makes it all the way to her, Nemeia makes a rapid series of wicked attacks with her sickle.
Att: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26, dam 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Att: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32, dam 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
Att: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21, dam 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

If I get multiple hits, performance combat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12, plus another +2 if all 3 hit


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

Round 1

Stats:

HP: 95/95
AC: 29 T17 FF28 CMD28
Arcane Pool: 2/8
F/R/W: 13/9/12
Effects: Good Hope, Haste, Shield, Mirror Image (7), Arcane Enhancement (+2 and Shock)

parrying the monk's attack with her disc of force, Nalita allows a smile to touch her lips. "Let us see what you can do." With that, she suddenly splits into numerous copies, each slashing out with a Kuroi Tsubasa of their own.

Dice & Actions:

Full round attack with spell combat to cast Mirror Image defensively.
Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Number of images: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Attack 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24
Damage 1: 1d10 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 15 + (2) = 24
Attack 2 (haste): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Damage 2 (haste): 1d10 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 15 + (4) = 21
Attack 3: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Damage 3: 1d10 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (3) = 23
Attack 3 Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Damage 3 Crit Damage: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


I'll post my actions when I'm not typing from my phone. Just wondering, did the White Warrior threat crit me with a natural 6? If its not a critical, 25 wouldn't hit me.

Lantern Lodge

Male

No just rolling ahead of time because she has a high crit range


Haha ok. I reread that like four times.

Round 1, Initiative 18:

HP: 101/101
AC: 33 T: 23 FF: 20
CMD: 32
Saves: F10/R19/W12 +3 Morale vs Charm/Fear
Speed: 50ft
Spells: 1st [6/6], 2nd [5/5], 3rd [4/5], 4th [2/2]
Abilities: Battle Dance [26/27]
Status:
Conditions:
Equipped: Silver Dartwing (+1 Keen* Mithral Corrosive Scimitar)
Active Effects: Battle Dance (Rain of Blows +2, Razor's Kiss*, Inspire Courage), Good Hope, Arcane Strike, Combat Expertise

Base +13/+5; Enhancement +1/+1; Rain of Blows +2/-; Good Hope +2/+2; Inspire Courage +3/+3; Arcane Strike -/+3; Combat Expertise -2/+3 AC; Total: +19/+14

Watching his opponent charging upon him, Treiden loosens his body to dodge the oncoming blow. The White Warrior swings her naginata at his midsection but the half-elf gracefully limbos beneath the blade as he moves in to close the gap between them. He twirls his scimitar as if his hand was attached to his arm by a length of rope and attacks simply by leaning towards her between his intricate footwork.

Misc: 5' step towards the White Warrior; Swift: Arcane Strike; Full Attack Action; Immediate: Performance Combat

First Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 14 + (1) = 20 (1d6 acid)
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 14 + (1) = 17 (1d6 acid)

Second Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 14 + (4) = 24 (1d6 acid)

Third Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 14 + (6) = 25 (1d6 acid)
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 14 + (4) = 21 (1d6 acid)

Performance Combat (Critical): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Lantern Lodge

Male

So in one round of combat you once again prove yourselves the victors Nemeia making quick work of the monks and Treidan dancing cirlces around the white warrior defeating her with three quick cuts.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

When the victory is clear, Nemeia activates her celestial armor (hiding the fact that she doesn't need the armor to fly), taking a victory spin through the air and dipping down to the bottom of the cliff before landing back at the top where they started.


Treiden bows to the audience and then to his opponent before helping her to her feet. "Well fought my dear," he tells her with the slight of a condescending tone. He takes his time walking away from the exhibition area, passing a few winks to the judges and not once letting a smile leave his face.

"Onward! To our next challenge!" he calls as a small crowd rallies around him.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

When the group gathers again, Nemeia asks, "Anybody hurt? That was another cake walk. Either we're outclassing the entire competition, or we're being set up for a fall later."


Female Samsaran Bladebound Magus 11

"I must agree, thus far the competition has been disappointing. I'd recommend offering our opponents a handicap next match, but I wouldn't wish to tarnish their honor more than by losing to us."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

We already tied our beastshaper behind our back, what more handicap do we need? :)


"As morbid as it sounds, I've learned that eventually all good things WILL come to end," Treiden laments with a grim smile glowing in his eyes. Weaving his hands together, he begins to build a crude paper doll in the air, animating the small figurine to walk up a small flight of stairs. "It would not surprise me to discover that we are being put upon a false pedestal only to have our legs cut from beneath us," with a flick of his wrist the stairs sweep away from beneath the doll's feet and it acts as though falling for a moment before bursting into a flock of paper cranes. "For the effects of a greater fall. Best we can do is ride this wave for as long as the opportunity is so readily available and keep ourselves ready for the chance that our next challenge will properly reflect it's title."

Spellcraft DC 15:

Lantern Lodge

Male

As soon as you finish your brief moment of victory the emissary approaches you, congratulated you and leads you immediately to the ring where you see a tower that has been constructed, actually three. Made of wood. You are hurried into the ring where you meet your next opponent. A beautifulVudrani woman who as already enlarged herself and is ascending to the top tower.

Hashime!

Dark Archive

Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) 11

"What is our goal here? Race or fight?"

Lantern Lodge

Male

Emissary says, a fight of course. Now go this is your qualifying match.


"Perhaps this lovely giant will prove to be the exercise we desire," Treiden muses delightedly as he watches the woman scaling the tower. Turning to the emissary, "Before I ascend the tower to engage our next adversary, what can you tell me of her? Other than her size of course."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Lantern Lodge

Male

She draws out her kukri and says, Lover boy, you can worry about bedding me after you've defeated me. If you can.

Init 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


"Do I detect a wager?" the half-elf smiles as he slides the Silver Dartwing from his inside vest pocket and juggles the blade effortlessly from one hand to the other and back again. His performance ends when he spikes his blade into the wood at his feet and gives the Vudrani a deep courteous bow, leaning down to a near perfect 90 degree angle without breaking eye contact or smile.

"Treiden Wallace, my dear." he informs her with a hint of seduction in his voice as he pulls a blue and white rose from his soft leather coat sleeve and tosses it gently to the woman's feet. "And to whom am I graced with the pleasure of sharing the arena with tonight?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Casts Good Hope and Freedom of Movement if there's time.

*Edit* - Ugh, probably should have switched those rolls...

Lantern Lodge

Male

the name is Ganyavesha. You'll remember it

251 to 300 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Ruby Phoenix Tournament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.