Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


301 to 350 of 2,020 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Back at the campsite, Kara makes no obvious preparation, instead watching silently as her companions ready their armor and weapons. Kara herself holds no weapon, yet her eyes glint fiercely in the firelight as her dress billows in the breeze.

"I am ready."

She was just about to tie the rope around her when she heard the cry and others started running off. Instead, Kara wordlessly puts a hand on Taldor's shoulder and follows somewhat more cautiously.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

After staggering a few steps, Tolus regains his stride, gathers some of the loose rope in hand, and matches the Dwarf's swift pursuit pace.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean... everyone looks so clumsy, and we are running out into the dark? Ok ... I suppose." Arizhel mutters a couple words then quickly follows Khatijah out into the night.

Casting Mage Armor on Self.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

ME AND TALDOR SHARE THE SAME FEELING, GET TIED TO THE DAMN ROPE haha. i've saved entire parties multiple times because of the rope trick. oh you wanna subtely charm my allies to make em leave? nope rope. oh you wanna try to jump and take them away? nope rope. ITS THE NOPE ROPE


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

"Rope? Ever play 'Snake', Taldor?" Fionn calls back over her shoulder. "Never good to be the end of the snake, and Sarenrae forbid someone in the middle decides to change direction."

Shadow Lodge

Male

You travel and the cacti quickly become thicker and thicker until you come to a virtual forest of cacti. It's dense bit you can make it through as both clues tell you it's on the other side it's where the tracks lead and the cries are coming from. The cacti forest is very wide but not very thick.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn, small and lithe, finally catches up with the clumsy humans struggling thru the cacti. She slips by them and pushes thru the thorny plants, ignoring their pull on her clothes and armor. When she gets to the edge of the patch of cacti, she peers beyond them.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Looking around and seeing everyone else hesitating, Kara takes a deep breath, shakes her head and steps into the cacti forest.

lots of dice rolls:

Round 1
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Round 2
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Round 3
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Comes out to:
Round 1:
Acrobatics 19
Perception 5
Round 2:
Acrobatics 11
Perception 18
Round 3:
Acrobatics 21
Perception 15

Unfortunately, for all her care, she still sticks herself on a cactus about halfway through and whimpers a bit from the pain.

Do I take any damage?

Shadow Lodge

Male

It's slow going through the cacti as it gets pretty thick. It's going to require 3 rounds to get through, so that would be 6 acrobatics checks to go through it carefully. However, there is always just bulldogging through the stuff.

And perception checks please.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus grits his teeth and follows Finn's path. Her small size maks it a little easier for her than for the larger Vishkanya. Tolus draws his shield and spear. Using them to block and slice at the spines when needed, he lithely makes his way through the cactus forest, clearing the way for Taldor in the process.

all the dice:

R1
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

R2
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

R3
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
acro.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

R1
A: 18
P: 4

R2
A: 7
P: 5

R3
A: 15
P: 3

He also keeps a sharp eye out for rotten, broken Phesh cacti which form the basis for Purple Phesh poison. If he can harvest them he could start practicing his poison making.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Dice Rolls:
Acrobatics 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 8
Acrobatics 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 4
Acrobatics 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 3

Perception 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 4
Perception 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 4
Perception 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 13

Khatijah tries to weave and spin through the thorny plants, but as they scratch and grab at her, she opts to just push through.

If she can't dodge through she'll push through.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel, curiosity finally getting the better of the small halfling, follows Kara and Khatijah through the cacti, hoping that Khatijah's trampling of the plants will make her passage easier.
This is Ouch! such a bad idea
"Follow me" Casting Mage Armor on Zerika (2nd 1st level spell of day.)

Round 1:
Arizhel Acrobatics: 9/23; Stealth: 24/27; Perception: 19/11
Zerika Acrobatics: 10/15; Stealth: 13/15; Perception: 23/19

Round 2:
Arizhel Acrobatics: 21/20; Stealth: 21/12; Perception: 18/14
Zerika Acrobatics: 10/15; Stealth: 19/14; Perception: 16/35

Round 3:
Arizhel Acrobatics: 10/21; Stealth: 24/21; Perception: 18/8
Zerika Acrobatics: 7/7; Stealth: 14/20; Perception: 25/19

Dice (Round 1):

Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Dice (Round 2):

Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Dice (Round 3):

Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Acrobatics (Arizhel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Acrobatics (Zerika): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Stealth (Arizhel): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Perception (Arizhel): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

str checks:6d20 ⇒ (7, 17, 9, 14, 19, 16) = 82 adding 2 to each one


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Taldor wrote:
str checks:6d20 adding 2 to each one

If DeWay deems it appropriate, there may also be a circumstance bonus to that as I'm in front of you now clearing at least some of the spines out of the way.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2
Tolus the Serpent Servant wrote:
Taldor wrote:
str checks:6d20 adding 2 to each one
If DeWay deems it appropriate, there may also be a circumstance bonus to that as I'm in front of you now clearing at least some of the spines out of the way.

That is why I am following others through... Especially Khatijah who is just bulldozing her way through...


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

At each yelp of pain, Kara's mouth turns slightly upward in a smile. For the first time in my life I'm actually grateful for my tough, ugly feet. Even though her feet are only protected by thin fabric shoes, more for show than protection, she makes no more complaints about the harsh trail.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

oh i'm sorry i forgot, if this counts as a bull rush i'm adding 9, not 2. improved bull rush and alternate traits :D. Also Taldor has his shield out front to take the brunt of the blows


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Casting Whisper cantrip
Not that I am complaining about the much easier path you are blazing in your blind charge, but wouldn't it be easier to use one of your slashing things instead of yourselves to carve a path through? Not like this is a subtle approach anyhow...

As she continues through the forest of cacti, Arizhel readies her blowgun, and loads a dart.

Shadow Lodge

Male

This is a lot to keep track of so like in school you are going to be on the honor system here.

For all of those who did not did not make a DC 15 on the acrobatics check you take (1) point of damage per roll. So the max damage here is (3) points. Those who barreled through take (5) points of damage.

Having made it through the thicket after a few stepped on shoelaces, your helmet visors slipping in front of your eyes causing your helmet to set akwardly on your head, and robes and clothing getting snagged on some of the spines. Clearing the cacti you emerge into a ravine of open land about 15' wide and can spot a goat crying in panic as he is tethered to a nearby scrub bush by a hairy, knotted length of rope. These are no longer the tiny bleats of fear you heard earlier, these are full-fledged brays of fear and panic has it tugs in vain at the rope around its neck.

DM only:
1d20 ⇒ 14modifier withheld


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

oooh, looks like I take 2 points of damage going through the cacti... sorry I missed earlier the post about needing these rolls

Fionn looks around for the dog-like creature the party has been tracking...trying to spot it - or them.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

zerika takes 3. Arizhel 2.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara tries to cautiously approach the goat and tries to speak in a soothing voice. "There, there - we're not gonna hurt you. Please calm down, we're going to take you back home."

Handle Animal(untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Handle Animal(untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


M Gnome Rogue 1

Frowning as the cactus comes into view, Mas'ud calls out "Cactus. Watch your steps."

dice:
Rd 1 Dice:
Acrobatics: 13 (Ow!)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception: 15
1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 15

Rd 2 Dice:
Acrobatics: 11 (Ow!)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception: 1
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 1

Rd 3 Dice:
Acrobatics: 10 (Ow!)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception: 8
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 8

3 points of damage and Perception of 15, 1, and 8

Mas'ud is fuming in frustration and pain from the cacti as he steps out in front of the panicking goat. He glares at it and cries out "يجب عليك الذعر. في الوقت الراهن، يمكن أن أطبخ لك المكان الذي تقف فيه!"

Kelish:
You should panic. Right now, I could cook you where you stand!

He doesn't seem to be looking for the little dog-thing at this point.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Ow, 5 points for Khatijah.

Khatijah bursts through the cacti, covered in scratches where mail and leather did not cover. She grits her teeth at the stinging sensation caused by dozens of little cuts.

Well, at least we found the goat.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 10

She notices the rips in her clothing and barely manages to bit down a colorful curse.

"Does anyone see anything?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel stops at the edge of the cactus, looking in the direction of the goat, trying to see if she can spot anything, blowgun at the ready.

"Zerika, if you see anything, let me know. I do not liking the feeling of all this."

Arizhel: Perception 19; Stealth 26
Zerika: Perception 29; Stealth 19

Dice:

Perception Arizhel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Perception Arizhel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Perception Zerika: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Perception Zerika: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Stealth Arizhel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Stealth Arizhel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Stealth Zerika: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Stealth Zerika: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Shadow Lodge

Male

Arizhel for Zerika:
You see what looks to be a viscious demonic looking lap dog hiding behind a rock near the goat, it appears he is weilding a dagger


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus takes 1 point

Tolus manages to break through the thicket with only one bleeding scratch across his upper arm. He quietly curses the cacti and calmly observes the goat. Then the rope. That was not a nicely woven rope that he was used to seeing. That one looked like it had been knotted together from several shorter strands. It was a scavengers rope. He drops down to one knee behind his shield, unfastens his portion of the security rope, and quickly licks the business end of his spear, coating it in white and green venom. He commits to stay close to Taldor and try to circle in back of any enemy he faces. Adrenaline pounds into his veins. His heartbeat starts to pound into his ears. All the bad luck, the goat. Everything was adding up to trouble.

Swift action to apply racial sleep venom to weapon


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@DaWay:
Arizhel will use spell like ability Summon Monster I to summon a Celestial Eagle above the rock to attack whatever is behind it.

Reference:

Celestial Eagle
NN Small Animal

Init +2; Senses Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Perception +10
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural)
hp 5 (1d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 6
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 10 ft., Flight (80 feet, Average)
Melee Bite (Eagle) +3 (1d4/x2) and
. . Talon x2 (Eagle) +3 x2 (1d4/x2)
Special Attacks Smite Evil (1/day)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 11
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +8, Perception +10, Stealth +6
Languages
SQ Hero Points (1)

--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Flight (80 feet, Average) You can fly!
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) +0 to hit, +1 to damage.
Spell Resistance (6) You have Spell Resistance.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor frowns and pulls out the thorns and puts some pressure on his wounds "Shoulda bloody stayed with me, or I wouldn't be so bloody bloody. And it was all fer a damn goat. I woulda had no problem comin to investigate, but don't go blindly off by yerself" He turns to Fionn "Normally I'd shrug these wounds off, but seeing as we're actively in enemy territory i'd prefer not ta be wounded ahead of time. Do ya mind?"did i take 5 damage even with more armor on and using a shield to buffer? also my guys pretty trained with bull rushing

edit: also i think a single channel should solve most of our hp problems


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn sees that Taldor is pretty badly wounded and others have taken some minor wounds and says a soft prayer to Sarenrae under her breath, channeling healing power.

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

that should bring everyone back to full hp

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

NICE Taldor smiles as he sees the wounds close "I may hate magic, but that healing magic is a godsend...get it?" LOLZ


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn grins at Taldor's pun and winks at him. "That is exactly what it is, my friend." Now... for this pugwampis problem...

Shadow Lodge

Male

initiatives: Arizhel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Zerika 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Fionn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Khatijah 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Mas'ud 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Taldor 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Tolus 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Other 1d20 ⇒ 10 modifier withheld
Go ahead and post. And I will do a round summary.

Surprise round for Zerika, and the pugwampi. Arizhel go ahead and control your summoned creature as well.

Seeing he has been noticed the demonic lap dog gestures towards Taldor, whose hammer begins to shake violently and is sent violently from his hand causing him to drop the ancestral weapon.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Khatijah feels her wounds heal up and looks about for a moment before finally seeing the warm light around Fionn fade.

"Thank you, Fionn. And I'm sorry Taldor. I sometimes rush into things that I shouldn't"

She walks over to the goat hoping that she'll be able to calm it by moving slowly and deliberately. She carefully grips the rope once in reach and begins using her sword to cut through the coarse rope.

Edit: Ninja'd by the GM.

Or that was her plan when Taldor suddenly dropped his hammer.

Suddenly the goat is the farthest thing from her mind as she grips her scimitar in two hands. She spies the ugly thing and sees the dagger.

She wasn't in a grove of cactus plants, she was back at the arena, the roar of the crowd thundered in her ears and the stale air that smelled of too many people stuffed into cramped seating filled her nostrils. She charges the thing, knowing that she'll need to be quick and deadly. Her feet carry her as she angled her sword and body for a vicious two-handed cut.

Charging: +2 to attack -2 to AC
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 101d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18 10
I doubt his AC is that low.
AC until next turn is 14/10/12

Shadow Lodge

Male

the goat is pretty frightened and attempts to run from everything. I am going to have to require either a handle animal or a grapple check in order to do the actions you described, Khatijah.


M Gnome Rogue 1

Having the small creature reveal itself by stripping Taldor of his weapon, Mas'ud finds a target for his anger. Sparking his weapon with a touch of majik, Mas'ud charges the creature and tries to stab it with his rapier.

Activate Arcane Strike; charge attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Well, with an attack roll of a natural 1, I'm guessing the minimal damage won't matter. AC is curently reduced by 2.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4
DaWay wrote:
the goat is pretty frightened and attempts to run from everything. I am going to have to require either a handle animal or a grapple check in order to do the actions you described, Khatijah.

Edited the above post after you Ninja'd me. Has her round one action now, IF she can't charge, she'll move up next to the thing, just subtract two from the roll. and use the AC listed in her status bar.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

A celestial eagle manifests next to the demonic lapdog and begins attacking.
Zerika moves in surprise round to within 30 of Pugwampi in Surprise Round, and relays the location of the Pugwampi to the group

Zerika shouts to the group, "There is some kind of demonic critter behind this rock!"

Eagle Attack Rolls:

I am rolling all attacks, and damage individually for all attacks. I am also rolling all attacks twice.
I don't know if two rolls are needed, or if I had to move. If two rolls are not needed, (I dont know if it was a cast ability, or what types it affects) disregard second roll in each block. Eagles do not have pounce, so if the eagle needs to move more than 5 feet to be within range, disregard claws. If there would be a more convenient format, please let me know!

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Claw (1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw (1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Claw (2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw (2): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Critical Confirmation(If applicable): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 (2x2=4 if critical hit).

[b]"I am not sure how much it will help, but with luck, it will give you pit fighters time do do what it is you do."

Edited because... I think it would be easier if all were done at once:
"Zerika, you are with Khatijah"

When Khatijah moves, Zerika will move to provide flanking for Khatijah
Zerika seems to be following Khatijah's lead, moving to allow Khatijah a more tactical advantage.

Zerika Attack Rolls:

Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 for Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 for Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Just for convenience:
Mas'ud 20
Arizhel 18
Zerika 17
Fionn 17
Taldor 16
Khatijah 13
Tolus 13
Kara 11
Other 10?

Do eidolons get their own initiatives? I thought they generally went on the initiative of their owner.

Shadow Lodge

Male

The world's most revolting lapdog slinks forward to stab Mas'ud with it's rusty dagger. You can see clearly the tiny bow and arrows strapped to it as well.

Dagger 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d2 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Swiping in vain before it withdraws towards the cacti.

Shadow Lodge

Male
Kara wrote:

Just for convenience:

Mas'ud 20
Arizhel 18
Zerika 17
Fionn 17
Taldor 16
Khatijah 13
Tolus 13
Kara 11
Other 10?

Do eidolons get their own initiatives? I thought they generally went on the initiative of their owner.

I give everything it's own initiative.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn moves up and tries to angle between the two fighters so that neither of them is hit with her spell. She reaches her hand forward and a jet of flame roars from her hands to burn the pugwampi.

(burning hands, kinda hard to do this without a map, but hoping I can angle it so it hits the critter but not her companions who charged forward. If I can't do it, please let me know and I will take a different action. Stick this action in on Fionn's turn which should be coming up shortly if not now - since Katijah posted her action already, I figured I'd put mine up now and you can order it as posts come in if that's okay.)

Shadow Lodge

Male

it's fine fionn go ahead and roll damage, what is my DC i have to make? 1d20 ⇒ 10


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

save dc is 14; ... gah! sucky damage (btw, 2d6 dmg because of the Pyromaniac racial trait, just so you don't have to ask)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

i'll go ahead and assume whatever that thing did didn't care about my SR

Taldor sees the dog-thing, then notices it disarm him with a look. He charges, drawing his dagger and bull rushing the thing charge attack"1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16bull rush1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10damage1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Tracking:
Charge attack and bull rush+full round action, drawing dagger=swift action with BAB+1


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus is in another world. Nothing in his 40 years of experience has prepared him for this. He decides that plans need to be followed and circles to a position opposite Mas'ud (Move action, set up flank with Mas'ud). He darts forward at the beast and stabs at it with his poisoned spear.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

damage: 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

If it takes damage:
Vishkanya Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; initial effect staggered for 1d4 rounds; secondary effect unconsciousness for 1 minute; cure 1 save.

Edit: That was a possilbe crit!, but no, the stupid pugwimps things had to make me roll twice. :P


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara tenses up, seeing the creature finally reveal itself. Here it is, hundreds of them are going to attack us, and we're all going to die. Letting out a sigh, she makes a quick motion and a blade appears in her hand. She backs up and crouches among the thorns, ready to attack any trouble that comes near.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Updated Character information line to reflect channeled energy heal, and Mage Armor spells (I am assuming it did not take an hour to get to and through cacti

AC double checked:

Zerika
AC: 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 Natural Armor) before Mage Armor
goes to
AC: 21, touch 15, flat-footed 17 (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 Natural Armor +4 Armor)
Please let me know if I am wrong. HeroLabs agrees, but HeroLabs seems to be randomly buggy.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9
Arizhel wrote:

Updated Character information line to reflect channeled energy heal, and Mage Armor spells (I am assuming it did not take an hour to get to and through cacti

** spoiler omitted **

not with me creating a dwarf sized hole through them lol\

301 to 350 of 2,020 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.