Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


251 to 300 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara furrows her brow. Did I hear that right? Pug-wompee? What in the world is that?

Shame my archetype loses the Bardic Knowledge ability...


M Gnome Rogue 1

The ifrit follows the others, and listens to them trying to pull information out of the old man. As he offers to share the rat, Mas'ud simply shrugs, but when it is obvious that the old man means to display proper etiquette regardless, Mas'ud finally speaks. "Your generosity is as boundless as the sands. Surely this feast you offer to share will be more than enough to feed even the entire caravan!"

That comment is about the expectations of Arabian hospitality. It is bad form to suggest that your host has not provided more than you can consume, even to the point that you MUST leave some leftovers to pass to the less fortunate or slaves . . .. Wait a minute . . ..

The story-teller, unlike some of the slaves, finds rat a very familiar taste. He continues listening as the group tries to draw the old man out.

Taldor wrote:
Taldor smiles "Gnolls, now that's a problem I'm equipped ta handle. Send 100 at me and see how many walk away"

"Would that things were that easy, Taldor. Would that they were that easy."

My archetype gives up Bardic Knowledge also, BTW.

Shadow Lodge

Male

As you talk with Dashki more, Garavel comes up, Dashki snears as Garavel speaks, Well investigators, have you gathered enough evidence to present your findings to Princess Almah? At the mention of Almah's name Dashki smiles but then goes back to a straight face.

You guys are handling Dashki a lot better than my home group did two years ago. One of the guys was a slaver, took, his cane, which quickly erupted into a fight. It ended with the slavers foot stabbed into the sands with a Jambiya Dagger and a Scimitar at his throat. Sadly that player ruined the game for everyone and the campaign dissolved shortly after reclaiming Kelmarane because no one wanted to play with him.


M Gnome Rogue 1
DaWay wrote:
As you talk with Dashki more, Garavel comes up, Dashki snears as Garavel speaks, Well investigators, have you gathered enough evidence to present your findings to Princess Almah? At the mention of Almah's name Dashki smiles but then goes back to a straight face.

"That would depend, I think, on what results she would like to hear. Right now, I think we can tell her nothing about how the fire started, except that it did not involve powerful majiks. The only other thing we have managed to learn is that Dashki was curious about our investigation." The ifirt touches his lips with the fingers of his right hand. "Well, we have also learned that Dashki believes the fire was started because of the presence of 'pugwampis'"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, I think you should come back now. It sounds like they are done there."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus nods in agreement with Mas'ud.
"This is our only lead, my lord. If this gentleman is correct and these beasts are involved I suspect Gnolls are nearby."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor shifts, finishes a rat, then says "So Dashki, ya seem ta be quite a bit more informed than we could hope ta be. Can ya tell us anything that might help 'bout Princess Almah?" Taldor keeps a close eye on him, looking for any tells.

Shadow Lodge

Male

It's easiest to do as she asks, so I would hunt down these pigwampis for her as soon as possible


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"And how would one hunt these little beasts, sir? Is there a skilled man in camp we can convince to track them? Perhaps you know how yourself?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Aye, I'd love ta hunt anything down that serves gnolls, but I'd prefer ta be informed of em first"

Shadow Lodge

Male

DM only:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Campfire group: Dashki says You hunt them like you do anything else. Track, wait, and then introduce them to the pointy end of something sharp. I fear I am the only one skilled enough to track one of this blights.

Tent Group: Watching over Delphina, you see the caravan driver and his wife come in and over hear a conversation that elaborates the they have gathered all but one of their animals it seems that a goat has gone missing. Perception checks please.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"If you're the only one skilled enough to track them, will you help track down any that are within this camp and kill them?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@DaWay:

I am assuming Zerika has not yet returned as I have no idea how far away she had followed the non-tent group.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"And possibly beyond the caravan as we near Kelmarane. Is it possible for you to teach these tracking methods quickly so we may have more eyes than yours alone in the hunt?"

Shadow Lodge

Male

Arizhel. No she has not returned.

Tent Group. I doubt any would remain in camp. If you can track an animal you can track a pugwampi. I'd recommend looking for tracks by the remains of the wagon


M Gnome Rogue 1

"Just as in the stories of old, a lone, strong, wizened old man steps from the shadows to relieve the struggling would-be heroes of their burdens, allowing them to learn, and become more than they would have otherwise. We would be pleased to have you take such a pivotal role within the story where we find ourselves . . .."

Butter up! You know, kind of like Batter up, but . . .. Yeah, never mind. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

DaWay:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"I think that the goat may be gone if it has been this long since they last saw it." Khatijah looks about, but her eyes are not as good as Arizhel's in the twilight.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel whispers to Khatijah, "We need to speak to the Princess and see if she can spare a guard for Delphina if we are to go out hunting after pugwhampees and lost goats. They came for her once, they may well come for her again. I don't want to leave her alone."


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Male

Almah says Don't worry little one, I will watch over her. Otherwise you notice nothing.

whenever you roll a d20 now please roll twice


M Gnome Rogue 1
DaWay wrote:
whenever you roll a d20 now please roll twice

General instruction for all until further notice? Backed up over as much as seems reasonable at this point?

Diplomacy second die: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Shadow Lodge

Male

For whenever I call for a d20 roll from now until further notice. There seems to be some bad luck in the air.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

ya i'll roll charisma!...-.- Taldor gets his things and gets ready to go

Shadow Lodge

Male

campfire group: You make your way to the wagon now that you know what to look for you find it. Little foot prints. The kind you think a demonic lap dog would make. Perception checks to follow.

Tent group: It seems as though everything has gotten very clumsy. Anything that can go wrong does go wrong in the tent.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Fionn makes a diligent attempt to find any sign of these pugwampi creatures in or around the site of the wagon. She's not entirely sure what she's looking for, but she scans for tiny footprints of some kind of animal.


M Gnome Rogue 1

Looking at the tiny little footprints in he ash, Mas'ud just grunts. "Hunh. Wonder how we missed those?"

Wait, I know! Perception, twice:
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 4


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Is the tent collapsing?


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, you should head to the main group, I will meet you there with Katijah as soon as we are able.

"I think it is time we find the rest of our group. Something is definitely wrong here."

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

If Zerika needs a roll..

perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

just in case I needed a second roll also... first roll was a 29

Shadow Lodge

Male

indeed you all do find the tracks of a tiny ... dog?! Garavel quickly tells you that he will go and inform the Princess. With a half smile on his face, the mangy one, Dashki says I will gladly track them if you wish. His grin is only made creepier by the dim light.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Track away then... we'll follow you."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Once the full party gathers (if they all wish to go) Dashki follows the devil tracks out away from the safety and the light provided by a campfire. The light grows dimmer and your hair rises and straightens with every step away from the safety provided by that warm glow.

You follow the trail for what seems like miles, and miles, you might as well be in the River Kingdoms right now (actually you've only traveled several hundred feet). Soon a sound cuts the silence so deep a few of you jump and gasp. It sounds like a brief cry of a child Wah!

Knowledge Nature DC 10:
It's the sound of a goat. No doubt the caravan drivers missing one at that.

Through the darkness the cry sounds as if the creature is in pain, terrible pain.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Knowledge (Nature) = Untrained.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
perception x2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Tolus was so far out of his element right now he could have laughed. If anyone had told him he would be here, in the middle of some gods-forsaken dessert following a creepy old man following some demon-dog tracks that he could only sometimes spot. He keeps close to the group. His serpentine eyes have no trouble in dim light, but the true darkness makes his skin crawl.

He jumps at the sound of a child. He has heard that sound before, but rarely. Children were a resource among the Exotics and very rarely caused serious pain. Once or twice, however...

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor takes his warhammer out, and stops everybody "Here, tie this rope around yer waists, I ain't losing anybody in this damn darkness" Taldor alternates between checking the status of the party and trying to locate possible threats, he takes point right behind dashki so he can quickly help if something comes up


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"You won't lose us, you can see in the dark... and there is enough light for my eyes." (I'm assuming there is at least some ambient light - stars/moon/whatever) She turns to the others, "Is there anyone here who cannot see in the current light? I can make light if you need it."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus takes the rope, but instead of tying it securely, he passes it through an easily releasable fold in his robes, not wanting to get stuck on a rope if an enemy were to suddenly come upon them.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn passes the rope on to the next person in line, not tying herself to it, but she does cast light on it so the end of the rope itself emits enough light for lowlight vision to work splendidly and even for those with normal vision to see.

Shadow Lodge

Male

@Khatijah - No the tent is not collapsing, its just seems like there is some bad air and unluck around
@Mas'ud - Sorry you just said you were checking the wagon remains. Sorry if I was unclear.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Ah, okay just checking.

After stubbing her toe, slipping and falling in the loose sand, nearly losing her pants when the knot tying the draw-strings together came undone, and almost stabbing herself in the foot with a dropped dagger, the young woman is not in a talkative mood, as a matter of fact, she seems kind of worried. and doesn't really pay attention to where the group is heading. Her eyes too busy scanning the horizon for some beast of ill omens.

The cry of the child snaps her out of her reverie. She draws her sword and her eyes flash in anger. She refuses the rope and instead rushes off to the source of the cry.

"They will pay."

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor shakes his head at the party "I know it ain't ideal, but tie the rope to ya securly. Worst comes to worst just cut it. Trust me, ye'd rather be tied to those who want ta protect ya then be easy to single out" He notices the girl running away "Damnit girl, get back ere!" Taldor reaches out with his hammer and attempts to trip her 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Khatijah!" Tolus yells after her, "That's suicidal! How will a dead you help the child?!"

Diplo vs Khatijah: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
And again: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


M Gnome Rogue 1

<shrug> I posted what I knew about, and then provided dice as requested. The rolls were so alarmingly bad, though, that I'm thinking there's little trouble on Mas'ud not seeing anything!

Remember that Mas'ud's hair appears to be living flame. It probably provides a LITTLE ambient light, though I wouldn't assume it is better than a candle. Ifrit have Darkvision, anyway.

"I'll stay close enough, Taldor. I don't need the rope anymore than you do."

As Khatijah breaks from the group, Mas'ud just sighs, and tries to keep up instead of trying to stop her. He'll ready his rapier as they go, just in case . . ..

Shadow Lodge

Male

Tolus keep in mind those type of skills aren't meant to be used against characters, that being said Khatijah take it how you will as if he rolled the lower of the two rolls.
Just giving Kara a chance to post before continuing on. If it doesn't happen tonight it will of course continue after I get home from work.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

I just thought it would provide a measure of how convincing he would be at the moment. My intent wasn't to change her attitude or use it "against" her so much as provide a point of reference. That said, you're probably right in the inference that it was unnecessary. Lesson learned.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn runs off after the others... they might need me and I don't want to get left behind just because I'm slow. She runs at full speed to keep up as best she can.

"Not without me, you don't! she calls out as she follows.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Str 17, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 8
Those are her stats. She's not smart and I imagine that INT plays a roll in thinking logically and thinking actions through. so it's not likely that she'd stop unless forced to.
That said, I don;t want her tied for meta reasons as well. She's supposed to be an agile fighter weaving in and out of the fray and take advantage of TWF, wasting an action cutting the rope is not really ideal. I MAY wind up regretting that, so we'll see.
That is my final answer.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus watches in horror as half the group darts off. "Taldor!?" he calls, his voice betraying his rising degree of worry which is rapidly approaching panic.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor screams in frustration "Damnit, this is why I wanted tha bloody rope! Being a little disabled ain't as bad as being seperated!" Taldor has the rope tied securly around his waist, then goes back to Tolus and ties it off to him. "Cmon lets go get em..." he growls, and nearly drags tolus after him

251 to 300 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.