Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


201 to 250 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

When Arizhel enters the tent, Khatijah takes a half-step forward and has her sword half-drawn before she recognizes the halfling.

"Evening, little one. I guess you are here to keep watch as well."

She doesn't smile, but there is a little warmth in her voice none-the-less.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel cringes at the half drawn sword. "Yes, I am. Sorry I should have," Arizhel seems momentarily confused, then finishes by asking, "how do you knock on the door of a tent?" She shrugs then continues, "At any rate, we found nothing explaining the fire in the wagon, but; I think Zerika and Fionn may be about to apprehend someone though.. Not sure who, but she thinks it is probably Dashki, the gnoll expert."

"Oh! And 'she' means Zerika, I have no idea what Fionn is thinking.."

Rambling finished, Arizhel sits down in the corner near Delphine, hugging her knees to her chest, she begins humming a lullaby to the injured woman while slowly rocking back and forth.

Shadow Lodge

Male

DM only:
1d20 ⇒ 8modifier withheld
The man seems startled when he is snuck up upon. He begins drawing his weapon and then recognizes the new faces in camp. Me!?! nothing! Taking a leak, I wasn't looking at you, er, um, I had nothing to do with that! The mangy man says quite loudly drawing the attention of everyone in camp.

Those with Delphina:
The woman breathes easy now. Though her hair has been trimmed short and fire still licks the short locks. Her hands and the majority of her arms are still completely black. Burnt to a crisp. No amount of healing magical or mundane seems to cure it.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

"Hahaha! I do not know, but if I ever find out, you will be the first one I tell."

Khatijah chuckles quietly to herself while leaning against one of the thicker poles holding the tent, then quickly takes her weight off of it as tent sways ominously. She breaks into a broad grin and quietly sits down.

"Ah, forgive me little one. I was in need of a laugh apparently. Zerika, she is your sister?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"No, she is my imaginary friend, she is just a little more real than most other people's is all."

Zerika is Arizhel's (Zhel) Eidolon. She a pretty halfling who's legs fuse at the thighs and fade into a long serpentine tail, scales begin forming at the small of her back, and just below her navel. She is a little under 3 feet tall and roughly six from head to tip of tail.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Sorry, Khatijah is wise, but not bright. I thought Zrika looked like Arizhel.

"Hmm. Strange, that. So, you two share a bond?"

Khatijah is still smiling, but this one is more of interest than humor. She pulls her scimitar around to keep it from tangling her legs if she needs to stand.

"Pity that the other one like you doesn't seem to appreciate things as you do. It is not wise to scoff at prophecies."

I think I'm getting a better feel for her personality, friendly, but very odd, which works with her low CHA score.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Her CHA is actually 19 :) She just spent her life on the farm, then thrust into the world with a huge number of really warrior like people. Being small and comparatively weaker than almost anyone else in the party makes her a little conscious about stepping on toes of people who could cleave her in twain on a whim. This environment is a complete 180 from her usual life. I didn't expect so many warrior types when I built the concept...
"Yeah, my old master used to love her. She helped me figure out how to make her real. She thought I had a talent. I really miss her."

Arizhel seems to cheer up at the concept of a conversation. "I know there are a lot of things in this world that don't make any sense, and prophesy helps make sense of it all. Why shouldn't I believe at least until someone shows different?"


M Gnome Rogue 1

Looking through the wagon, Mas'ud seems distracted, or maybe just disinterested. "What do we expect to find in the remains of a burned wooden wagon? Finding the culprit, if there is one, is a marvelous goal, but how are we supposed to make any headway on that sort of task?" Mas'ud ponders silently as he tries to examine the wagon.

After casting the minor magic and finding nothing that way either, he just sighs, and looks around to see if anyone has any ideas about what they should try next. His expression displays open confusion as he realizes his companions in the search are wandering off, but flashes to anger as he realizes they are closing in on a man lurking nearby. "Really? Out here? He expects to hide and be sneaky in the middle of nowhere? While everyone is looking for a killer?" As he speaks the anger fades to disgust, and he moves to follow Taldor.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4
Arizhel wrote:

Her CHA is actually 19 :) She just spent her life on the farm, then thrust into the world with a huge number of really warrior like people. Being small and comparatively weaker than almost anyone else in the party makes her a little conscious about stepping on toes of people who could cleave her in twain on a whim. This environment is a complete 180 from her usual life. I didn't expect so many warrior types when I built the concept...

"Yeah, my old master used to love her. She helped me figure out how to make her real. She thought I had a talent. I really miss her."

Arizhel seems to cheer up at the concept of a conversation. "I know there are a lot of things in this world that don't make any sense, and prophesy helps make sense of it all. Why shouldn't I believe at least until someone shows different?"

I was actually talking about Khatijah. I'm not used to playin low CHA characters, and I've made her too nice to be a jerk. :)

Khatijah just sits there for a moment, the smile finally fading from her face.

"You're lucky. I never had anyone close enough to miss anymore. Enjoy your gifts, little one. Magic and loved ones are precious, and you are lucky to have both."

Khatijah focuses on the tent flap and her hand on her sword. Her eyes are focused. She seems ready for anything.

Sense Motive DC 17:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
She's very sad. Life hasn't been easy on her, and she's never had anyone she's been close too in a long, long time.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Arizhel is too much in her own head to make note of anything around her.
"I hope you are right, about now I think I might rather have a large stick than a couple spells that come to mind randomly."

"Come, relax a while. We are in a camp, lots of people. No need to be so... tense all the time. I think we are technically freeish now, may as well enjoy the quiet while it lasts."


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4
DaWay wrote:

The man seems startled when he is snuck up upon. He begins drawing his weapon and then recognizes the new faces in camp. Me!?! nothing! Taking a leak, I wasn't looking at you, er, um, I had nothing to do with that! The mangy man says quite loudly drawing the attention of everyone in camp.

"You didn't look like you were taking a leak - you were watching, and I suspect you've seen... or know... more than you're saying. You'd best tell me what you know. Sarenrae can grant me the power to compel you to speak the truth. I'd rather not have to use such powers."

bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4
Arizhel wrote:

Arizhel is too much in her own head to make note of anything around her.

"I hope you are right, about now I think I might rather have a large stick than a couple spells that come to mind randomly."

"Come, relax a while. We are in a camp, lots of people. No need to be so... tense all the time. I think we are technically freeish now, may as well enjoy the quiet while it lasts."

"Exactly. We're are in a camp, with lots of people, and we don't know if that fire was an accident or who set it if it wasn't. It may be that I have no cause to worry for the fire-headed girl's life, but it could be that I do have cause to worry. Things are uncertain Arizhel. We'd best be cautious."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Fair enough. Speaking of the fire haired girl, I will be right back.."

Arizhel leaves the tent and wanders to the Princess tent, and politely as possible, requests some clean fabric and a basin of water. "I want to wrap the girl before she wakes, she should not have to wake-up to see the burned and charred flesh. I don't know anything about the healing arts, but I am sure I can wrap her up."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor looks around when the man starts drawing attention then growls to him "Keep it down or I'll keep you down"

Shadow Lodge

Male

The man looks at you, leaning heavily on a gnarled cane, waving the other hands index finger back and forth saying Ah, Ah, Ah. It's not nice to threatening the one responsible for keeping you out of danger. Be careful dwarf or you might find yourself lost in the desert with no company save for the gnolls and scorpions.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus gets his hands dirty dirty searching the wagon, but not much else. At Mas'ud's comment he grunts his agreement.

He doesn't look up until the old man starts yelling. Noticing that this companions have made much more headway than he, he walks over to the steadily growing group, arriving just after the old man makes his cryptic half-threat.

"Scorpions are but snakes in a shell. I have no fear of them. You, however best start talking. Claiming to save our lives then threatening them in turn isnt likely to make you any friends Mr. . . . "

Shadow Lodge

Male

Dashki the mangy man sneers.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Mr.Dashki, my name is Tolus. My apologies if my friends were gruff, but we are all exhausted from fighting the fire and have an urgent charge issued by the Lady herself. Please, forgive us if we seem short tempered.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Ah... just the man we were looking for anyway...

"Perhaps, Dashki, we could go talk somewhere a bit more private, not to mention more comfortable? I think it would be a good idea if we had a little chat about the events here. You seem to know what's going on in this caravan, and you seem to think we are in danger. I'd like to find out how and from whom."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor grunts "Wouldn't o' hurt ya old man, didn't mean ta offend. Just thought ya were a little off yer rocker, me bad"

Shadow Lodge

Male

Dashki says I got a campfire and some desert rat skewered if you care to share

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9
DaWay wrote:
Dashki says I got a campfire and some desert rat skewered if you care to share

"That sounds good, haven't had the desert version of a rat but the underground ones aren't too bad as long as ye stew em right"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
DaWay wrote:
Dashki says I got a campfire and some desert rat skewered if you care to share

Tolus swollows hard with an uncertain look in his eye as he says, " I haven't experienced desert rat in years. It would be my pleasure to give it a second chance.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@daway:
"Zerika, you better stick with him, just don't be seen, if possible."
Attempting to sneak, Zerika follows the Fionn, Taldor, Mas'ud, and Tolus off to Dashki's camp.
"I fear it may be an ambush. . ." Arizhel then turns her attention to Khatijah.
Stealth (Zerika): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

healing(Arizhel/Delphina): 1d20 ⇒ 11
I am not trying to make Delphina better, I just want to save her the shock of waking up to find her arms burned away...


@party with Dashki. Perception DC 26:

Zerika is following you, about 30 feet back, moving slowly.

@Khatijah:
"I couldn't find anyone with bandages and water, but I got my pack. Let's see. . . a couple waterskins, and a light cloak. I think we could tear this into strips to bandage Delphina up before she wakes. I don't want her to see how badly she is burned."
Arizhel hands you her cloak to tear into bandages while she rummages around for a bowl to fill from her water skins.
"I dont know much about healing, but I think we can figure it out. How hard can it be to wrap a cool strip of cloth around someone's arms?"

"Oh, and Tolus, Taldor, Fionn, and Mas'ud are headed off to Dashki's camp. Probably an ambush. But then again, I am paranoid."


Hard to be in two places at once... many things happening different places.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

"Alright, let's retire to your campfire to talk. I've never had desert rat, but I would be honored to try some." Fionn follows Dashki to his fire.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

dangit, postmonster ate my post from a few hours ago...trying again.

Seeing most of the rest of the group have found Dashki, Kara keeps a wary eye on them while trying to stay a bit back.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Sense Motive DC 16:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
The mention not wanting the girl to see her scars when she awakes brings a brief spell of heightened self-awareness for Khatijah. She almost reflexively goes to cover her arms and body by curling up.

Khatijah shifts to pull her legs in closer to her body and wraps her arms around them and her sheathed scimitar. She looks a little surprised to be given a cloak, but quickly figures out what to do. She sets her sword by her side and pulls out a sharply curved knife from it's sheathe tucked into the sash she wears as a belt. The fighter then begins to carefully cut the material into strips.

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Too bad most of those with burns in the Pits needed a priest to bury them instead of heal them.

"I would not worry, little one. Taldor is with them and they are many. If it is a trap and one that could be truly deadly, then half the camp must be involved if what I hear of dwarves is true."

Shadow Lodge

Male

The mangy Dashki sits down pulls out a dagger deftly and looks at you pointing to the rat, which hasn't been completely skinned, and asks Heads or tails?


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 13
If ever I wished I could do something right, now is that time. casting Guidance on self
Heal (Untrained, +0 Wisdom, +1 Guidance: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
"There, all bandaged up. Now we just have to wait and see. For what it is worth, I think we did a good job."
Arizhel smiles for the first time since leaving the city.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn smiles at Dashki, hiding any look of distaste, even though her stomach churns a little at the idea of eating rat, and brightly says "Tails?" hoping it is an acceptable answer. Her travels from her early life have inured her to a lot of things and new experiences are not foreign to her.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Shadow Lodge

Male

He cuts the rat picks up the charred rat, grips it and twists, creating an audible pop before flinging the carcass at you. [b]Enjoy[b] He says with a mostly toothy grin.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn eats daintily, holding the piece of rat between her fingers as if it might jump up and bite her, even though it is the back half of the rat. She carefully watches Dashki for the proper protocol to eating rat and does her best to imitate his actions with her own piece of meat. Once she has eaten her fill, which will be just enough to satisfy social convention, it is time to get down to business.

"So, Dashki, perhaps we can talk now... tell me please what you know of the events of tonight. What happened to Delphina's wagon? Do you know how the fire began? Who would want to hurt her? And why do you think we need to be watched and protected?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@DaWay:
Zerika moves within distance to overhear, careful to avoid entering the ring of light coming from the campfire.
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

@Khatijah:
Sounds like they are dining on rat. . . I think I liked Fionn's dinner better." Arizhel finishes with a quick laugh, "I am not certain I could eat a rat. . . I think I could if I was really hungry, but I hope to never have to find out."
This is kind of strange, I don't think I have ever had a friend who wasn't imaginary before.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Arizhel:
"A...rat..." *ULP*

Khatijah pales when she hears what the others are eating and barely manages to keep her supper down. Her hand claps over her mouth and it looks like she might not manage to keep from having to run outside. She manages to get a hold of herself and only coughs a little.

"I-*koff* I think I'd rather starve. Rats are disgusting!"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@Khatijah:
Arizhel bursts out laughing, after a couple moments, she manages to calm herself. Still giggling she explains, "I am sorry, I probably shouldn't, especially with Delphine being so wounded. That was impolite. Sorry. But your reaction.." Arizhel laughs a moment longer, the stops. Her face is blushed red, whether from embarrassment over her outbreak, or from simply being winded after such a laugh is questionable."I do not think I would be fond of rat either."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor see's the multitude of reactions to the rat, and stiffles a chuckle. He settles down, taking the worst parts so that the rest don't have to. Ah that's what I'm used ta, bland but edible. After a few bites of rat head/guts, Taldor swallows and turns to Dashki "I am sorry fer earlier, hope ye don't hold a grudge. Ye know these rat ain't half bad, I'm used ta the underground kind, they tend to be a darker meat and a little thicker, but without enough care most things can taste good." After Fionn advances the conversation, Taldor leans forward, listenint intently and being aware for eavesdroppers.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Arizhel:
Khatijah, looks at the halfling with an expression of puzzlement, at least until she explained herself.

"Hehehehe. I suppose I did look a little silly. Who would have thought a former pit-fighter would have been made sick at the thought of eating a rat."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus does his best to choke down the rat, but it keeps getting stuck in his throat. He is able to manage it in the end as long as he washes it down with large gulps of water.

Well, at least I'm not starving this time.

Last time Tolus ate desert rat he and his fellow starving Exotics were suffering under their abusive last Master. They had found one that had managed to slip past the myriad traps in the immaculate palace. Each had shared a small portion of the raw, scrawny rat. It was the best meal they had that week.

Tolus doesn't speak while he eats. He focuses on politely getting the rat down while trying his best to suppress some of his worst memories.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Tolus's poor attempts to swallow the rat catches Taldor's eye. He leans over and whispers "Don't try ta taste it, chew it with yer back teeth, keep yer tongue outta the way. Chew thoughrouly, goes down a bit easier"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus nods and attempts to apply Taldor's advice, but meets with limited success.

Shadow Lodge

Male

So ye wan to know bout the fire? Is dat whut all dis be about. I had nuthin, absolutely nuthin ta do wit de fire! How do ye know da fire was set? Dat idiot girl burned more than a hundred candles in her wagon. Maybes she just got unluckys. After all, we're in gnoll country. It was prolly pugwampis. Dashki states matter of factly.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@DaWay:
Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29 Zerika is relaying the conversation to Arizhel.

@Khatijah:

"Have you ever heard of pugwampis? Poogwampees? Pugwhampees? Something along those lines at any rate."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor frowns "Ye said earlier ye 'kept us out of trouble'. We just wantin' ta clear some of the air o' mystery is all"


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

"Pugwampis? What are those?" Fionn asks, hoping he answers Taldor first. Still, despite her curiosity, since he's suspect because of his fascination with the princess, she tries to deduce from his tone and words if he's telling the truth about not setting the fire.

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Male

Dwarf, I never said I kept you out of trouble. I am a guide, in gnoll country. I keep de caravan out o trouble. He pauses for a moment, Way little one, Pugwampis are Terrible creatures what crawled from the Darklands below the earth. 'Jackal rats,' some folks call 'em, on account of their pointed little heads. They worship gnolls as gods and infest their communities like rats. Wherever pugwampis go, bad luck is sure to follow. The gnolls hate pugwampis because of it, and try to klll them all the time. But they always come back. Perhaps their bad luck caused the fortune lady's candles to start a fire? Yes, pugwampis. I am certain it was pugwampis.

Fionn:
You are certain he is telling the truth

Khatija:
You have never heard of pugwampis.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Gnolls. Wasn't planning on hearing of them for a while yet.

"Do you thing the caravan is in danger of being hit by gnolls then, if these little beasts are so attached to them? I was under the impression that gnolls stayed in the mountains and passes north of here."

Shadow Lodge

Male

If gnolls weren't a problem why would the lovely Almah hire the likes of me?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor smiles "Gnolls, now that's a problem I'm equipped ta handle. Send 100 at me and see how many walk away"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@Khatijah:
"Seems there are both gnolls and the pug-whumpees. I think I am going to just call them Pugs, until I hear someone else say the word. No offense Zerika. Anyhow, seems the pugs bring bad luck or something? At any rate, the worship gnolls and are some kind of jackal rat."


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Arizhel:
"All the more reason to be careful. Rats that look like jackals and worship jackals that walk like people, this bodes of ill will."

201 to 250 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.