Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


151 to 200 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Taldor wrote:
Taldor speaks up "Let me take the middle watch, me darkvision will help with dat" I forget, how many watches are there?

With how you say middle I'd go with three of 3 hrs each. That would allow a 9hr down time to allow for morning preparations of spells and food and such.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Ok, i'll take the middle one since that's the darkest hour.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"I'll take first. Better your eyes than mine in the dark, my friend."

Khatijah puts the shirt of chain links and padding back on before retying the sash at her waist. One of her hands is covered in thick bandages to help with gripping her scimitar. The other though, is covered in a finger-less glove with studded steel plates covering the knuckles and the back of her hand. She takes out block of flint and quietly hones her blade as teh night grows dark.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Note to self, put ranks into perception and maybe multiclass to ranger.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2
Taldor wrote:
Taldor speaks up "Let me take the middle watch, me darkvision will help with dat" I forget, how many watches are there?

"I will take first watch. I cant see in the dark, so the middle of the night is not the best for my eyes. Mind you, if I am needed on second watch Zerika can see in the dark."

Besides, if I take first watch, I have time to clean my blankets and let them dry by the fire..."


Halflings don't have darkvision, but Eidolons do. Either watch is fine with me, but I think three watches of three hours each should be good. Everyone will get 6-7 hours sleep. Unfortunately that makes for 10 hours rest time (9 hours sleep, 1 hour spell prep for casters).


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"Last watch" calls a voice from the vicinity of Tolus's bedroll.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"I'll sit last watch with Tolus, that way I'll be up in time to make breakfast!" comes a voice from under a blanket by the fire.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah looks at Arizhel with a mischievous grin across her face.

"Our little friend might wish to be careful. Her cooking will spoil us and make us fat as merchants."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Khatijah wrote:

Khatijah looks at Arizhel with a mischievous grin across her face.

"Our little friend might wish to be careful. Her cooking will spoil us and make us fat as merchants."

Tolus's bedrool chuckles sleepily at that.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor snorts a laugh out and rolls over "Aye, may be a curse to good food after all"


M Gnome Rogue 1

"Well, that seems to leave me on mid watch with Taldor, then. Fair enough. Must be time for a nap . . ..


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

About 5 minutes later Tolus is asleep. Thankfully his exhaustion keeps his occasional nightmares at bay and he sleeps deeply.

Perception for Watch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Zerika (Eidolon) Perception:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Not much gets past Zerika...


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara wonders why they should worry about keeping a watch now that they've joined the main camp, when it never came up before during their trip.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

we probably had watches all the way here, just the game got fast forwarded to 'you've arrived at the caravan so there was never a need to discuss it, ic or ooc

Lantern Lodge

Male

After you finish your dinner, and start to bed for the night you are approached by a familiar face. The beardless dwarf, Garavel, approaches you. My lady has summoned you to her tent. He says in his usual monotone form, you have noticed that he doesn't speak like any other dwarf you may have ever met. There is no emotion, no spark of compassion or hate in it. Its as if he simply exists to do as he is told.

Inside Almah's tent you notice that it is elaborate filled with silks and gold and all things that a wealthy merchant could afford, perhaps more so than some kings. There are two beds in the tent. One is a simple cot and the other is a bed of luxury. You can only imagine how soft it must be.

She says in a concerned, frustrated voice I have asked Garavel to lead an investigation into whether or not the fire might have been set by someone in camp. I trust him beyond all doubt, and since you were with him when the fire broke out and not in camp yet, I implore you to aid my major domo to determine if there is a mystery afoot, and if so, solve it quickly.

Garavel quickly ushers you outside and tells you that the destroyed wagon belongs to Almah's personal fortune teller, Delphina, an exotic woman from Almah's distant homeland.

Please interject any questions you may have. Also if you can include a diplomacy roll so I can gauge how they respond to you. I would appreciate it.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

questions that come to mind that Fionn might have asked

"Is there any reason why anyone would target Delphina? Anyone have a problem with her, or an argument recently?"

"Anyone in the caravan that knows her personally, perhaps any friends she might have made while with the caravan?"

I might think of more questions depending on the answers to these, or any others that might get asked.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Not great, but not devastatingly bad either lol


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

When Garavel arrives Tolus is suddenly quite awake. It isn't every day you get to meet with the Merchant Princess. He pulls his over-robes over his head and quickly orders them into an acceptable state of order. Well, acceptable enough under the circumstances.

He says nothing to the Lady herself. To do so would be unseemly, possibly deadly, for someone of his distinction and history. His fatigue seems to melt when he enters the lush surroundings of the tent. He was at home here. Everything was as it should be. The books were in proper order (alphabetical by category, then height), the carpets and cushions were all brushed and positioned adequately (though he did notice that two had been brushed the wrong direction), and the curtains were all tied with the proper woven knots that prevented kinks and bends in the rich fibers.

At the thought of treachery his mind whirls and his brow knits together. Who would want to blind Lady Almah to the future?
know (nobility) for Almah's rivals: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"My Lord,"he addresses Garavel in turn "We need to know which of these men are not in your absolute confidence. Any suspicious watch changes? Any absences for sickness themselves or in their family? Any suspicious leave requests? Also we need to know who is relatively new to this troop. Say within 6 months. Anything you know that we can use as a lead would be useful in the protection of our Lady."

Diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Tolus has a grim determination about him. He is taking this situation very seriously, as if the Lady's life in is danger.


Arizhel fumbles with something small in her hands, as if nervous as the others ask questions. Once they are finished she asks, "Does this mean anything in particular to you?" showing the burned remains of the card that had stuck to her to Almah and Garavel.

"It kind of stuck to me as it blew out of the wagon . . . during the fire. . "

"Oh, and has anyone disappeared or failed to show up recently?"

Diplomacy: No Ranks, 19 Cha = +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah merely listens. She doesn't bow to merchant princess, bu then again, she didn't bow to anyone. Other than that, she makes no other overtly disrespectful act.

As Tolus finishes his requests, the scarred woman gives a quiet snort and speaks softly to Taldor,

Taldor or Perception DC 25:
"Men who serve long are just as easy to sway as those who have not. Anyone is a suspect in this act."

She turns her eyes about before asking much more loudly. "Do we know how the fire started? If we know that, then our search may be a simple matter of finding a mage."

Trying to play her as not very smart, but fairly wise. Not sure if I've got it yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor keeps his head down, listening and thinking. The guards, we were told the shifts and which one was working. I need to learn more about them. Taldor looks between the two people in the room to talk to, and decides that he wouldn't do well with either. The girl is right, a man who serves longer knows where to strike Taldor moves to a corner and observes, keeping a diligent eye on the beardless dwarf just for lolz diplomacy1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10


M Gnome Rogue 1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Mas'ud listens to the story, and to the questions his companions ask before asking the questions that come to his mind.

"Is anyone else in your group related to Delphina? Or from the same general part of the world?"

"Does Delphina normally place lit candles in a pattern on the floor of her wagon? Perhaps as part of a fortune-telling ritual?"

"Is it normal for Delphina to perform such rituals alone, while the normal day's camp business is still ongoing?"

"Are there any interesting stories about the claw-hand shaped tree which also burnt with her wagon?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel looks about to ask another question. Her expression quickly turns to quizzical, then she bites her bites her lower lip.

"Was she . . . " Arizhel fidgets with her fingers a moment, then blurts out, "Did she have a paramour of any sort?"

Blushing, Arizhel attempts to subtly retreat to the rear of the group.

If Diplomacy needed again...
Diplomacy, 0 ranks +4 Cha: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

I know she was badly burned, but she survived, right?... if so, Fionn's next question would be "Can we speak with her?" If she didn't, forget this.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Seeing Arizhel move back for cover, Taldor is instantly torn between protecting her and not trying to offend her. Rather offended than dead, although that might be a tad serious here Taldor shifts over, giving her his reassuring physical, if not social prescense.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Hadassah mutters more to herself than anyone else.

Perception DC 15:

Stop fidgeting, that is what will get you in trouble. . . Thats what I get for listening to so many stories about slaves. . . Just because you ask a possibly offensive question doesn't mean the will sell you off . . .


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

whether Tolus is getting any of this: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

And again: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Tolus is way too focused on the task at hand to overhear what is being whispered.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Khatijah catches some of what Arizhel is whispering, but not enough to understand what she said.

Timid one, this. Taldor seems to be trying to help. Ah, what strange creatures slavery makes.

Other than a side long glance to see what is going on, she keeps her attention on Almah, waiting for her answer.

And now Tolus can understand why she got those scars. ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Taldor puts a hand on Arizhel's shoulder and whispers "They'll have ta go through me first"


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3
Khatijah wrote:


Trying to play her as not very smart, but fairly wise. Not sure if I've got it yet.

Kara's kind of the opposite - somewhat smart but not very wise.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Inside the tent, Kara steps closer and with a small curtsy says "Of course you have my cooperation."

Outside, Kara looks over at the burnt wreckage, raising an eyebrow at the mention of fortune telling.

"You may not want to put too much weight in her readings anyways, if she couldn't even foresee her own wagon burning down." I can't believe how gullible people are, believing nonsense like Harrow cards.

Thinking along the same lines as Taldor, Kara will talk to the guards. She strolls up to the group of mercenaries, putting on her most charming smile and flashing her eyelashes at the men. After a brief introduction, she inquires about their individual relationships with the fortune teller, as well as their whereabouts when the fire started. She stands very closely to each man, so while they look down at her they have a difficult time keeping their gaze focused on her face.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 (23 if they’re attracted to me)

Lantern Lodge

Male

Forgive me if I forget any questions this may take a bit to type up. I am including the information you get in a spoiler set to your name that way it is up to you whether or not you share your info.

Fionn:
Assuming you talked to Almah, the Merchant Princess, you gather the information that she was hired on about a month ago, and gave one reading in the time she was here but frequently talked to Almah, which lead to a rumor she heard that they were romantically linked. Dashki grew jealous of their "relationship". She kept to herself a lot. You also learn that she did survive but she isn't awake yet and they believe it is best just to allow her to rest for the time being.

Tolus:
In the same monotone Garavel speaks to you and says that it would be biased to speak against anyone in camp and that the Merchant Princess asked for him to conduct an unbiased investigation.

Tolus Sense Motive DC 20:
You sense that he is holding something back. When pressed he will reveal that it would not surprise him if it was Dashki

Arizhel:
Almah looks at the card and says, "little one that is the tempest. It fortells of a coming war. She also says everyone is present and accounted for. Almah laughs at your second question and says that it was rumor around camp that I was her paramour.

Khatijah:
Almah says that they do not know how the fire started and suggests you start searching the wagon remains for a cause of fire. Sadly the closest thing to a mage is Father Zoastran our resident cleric and then Delphina herself a harrow card reader.

Mas'ud:
No one is related to Delphina and Almah speaks up that she is from the same part of the world. However Varisia can be a world in itself. Candles are used in her fortune telling, though she reveals that she believes it is more for mood than anything. She only performs the rituals for the crew and never alone. It is called the Sultans claw and is believed to be the tomb of one of the former Pactmasters of Katapesh. Though those are just stories. It mainly serves as a marker for travelers.

Kara:
Please give me a Perception check for the wagon itself for the cause of the fire. The caravan guards tell you they were standing guard at Almah's tent when the fire started and not one of them say anything suspicious at the astrologer's wagon. Then one speaks up that they did see Dashki trying to hide behind a tree nearby. "It was clear that he was trying to get a look into Almah's tent. That boy is obsessed with her." This does place Dashki quite far from the wagon when the fire started however. The mercenaries weren't too fond of Delphina and thought of her as weak. They tell you the same information except for the intel about Dashki. They say it was probably him who burned the wagon down to get rid of the competition for Almah's attention


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

FIonn would have asked her questions openly and shared any information with anyone who wasn't there or for some reason not paying attention. All players are welcome to read the above Spoiler that is addressed to Fionn. I do have the some follow up questions:

"Who is Dashki and what was his (or her) relationship with the injured fortune teller like? Would it be possible to talk to Dashki?"

"I certainly understand your wanting her to rest, however I do have some healing abilities left for today. Does she need additional healing?"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

it is impossible for Tolus to make a DC 20 as its untrained and his wis is -1 :P

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

I had a vested interest in this beardless dwarf, so i'll make the check. Plus i already think he's a traitor. If you don't think I should, then i'll just ignore it.sense motive"1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 dang, almost


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus can think of no better questions than the ones Finn asked, so he remains silent for now, contemplating the answers.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

After receiving their information, Kara curtsies to the mercenaries with a flourish and turns away from them to search for Dashki.

Lantern Lodge

Male
Fionnbharanel wrote:

FIonn would have asked her questions openly and shared any information with anyone who wasn't there or for some reason not paying attention. All players are welcome to read the above Spoiler that is addressed to Fionn. I do have the some follow up questions:

"Who is Dashki and what was his (or her) relationship with the injured fortune teller like? Would it be possible to talk to Dashki?"

"I certainly understand your wanting her to rest, however I do have some healing abilities left for today. Does she need additional healing?"

Garavel speaks Dashki is Almah's Gnoll expert, hired on about a month ago. He is probably sulking around here somewhere. Perhaps by the campfire or maybe around Almah's tent.

Almah tells you No little one, Zastoran healed her as much as anyone could. I think this is just mental exhaustion. Something a good nights rest should take care.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn thanks Almah for her time and information and goes off in search of Dashki along with anyone else who wants to come along.

"If any among us has any investigative skills, you might want to take a look at the wreckage of the wagon. See if you can tell how and where the fire began. That might help us understand how the fire was started. This might help us learn WHO started it as well."

Lantern Lodge

Male

Please give me a perception roll for looking at the wagon. If you have any traits that give bonuses in particular to search please add them. Dashki and the search results will have to wait till tomorrow, football game is starting.


M Gnome Rogue 1

Mas'ud nods, and heads to the wagon. "There were pools of wax scattered about the floor of the wagon. Since this is not how she normally does things, they must have been scatered as she fell, or in a struggle. I'm not sure what the fire will have left for us to find, but once we are dome with that effort, I have another idea."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Once the physical inspection concludes, Mas'ud will cast Detect Magic and look for any magical residue that might be present.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

perception to aid in the search: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Whether or not Delphina is being watched, Khatijah finds out where she is recovering and guards her. Turning aside any questions with a simple, curt reply.

"I'm here to protect the girl."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor takes a moment to think about all the problems that need solving, and decides to search the wagon.perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25also have knowledge engineering if that would help at all, such as if it was a scientifically started fire


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, let me know if anything stands out."
casting Guidance cantrip on Arizhel
Zerika dutifully examines the wreckage with Arizhel.
Zerika Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 +1 if applicable for guidance, +2 for aid another, if applicable = 29. Zerika does have Darkvision (60 ft.).

Following Mas'ud's lead, after the primary search is complete, Arizhel casts Detect Magic on Zerika, then heads to Delphina to help Khatijah keep watch over the injured girl.

@DM:
"Zerika, as soon as you are done looking here, please follow Dashki. Just don't let him see you. . . Let me know if he is up to anything, or if you find anything. . . Just keep in touch!"
Die rolls, if needed:
Perception (with Detect Magic): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Stealth (Spy on Dashki: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Perception (Spy on Dashki): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Mechanics stuff::
Link (Ex) A summoner and his eidolon share a mental link allows for communication across any distance (as long as they are on the same plane). This communication is a free action, allowing the summoner to give orders to his eidolon at any time. In addition, magic items interfere with the summoner’s connection to his eidolon. As a result, the summoner and his eidolon share magic item slots. For example, if the summoner is wearing a ring, his eidolon can wear no more than one ring. In case of a conf lict, the items worn by the summoner remain active, and those used by the eidolon become dormant. The eidolon must possess the appropriate appendages to utilize a magic item.

Share Spells (Ex) The summoner may cast a spell with a target of “you” on his eidolon (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on himself. A summoner may cast spells on his eidolon even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the eidolon’s type (outsider). Spells cast in this way must come from the summoner spell list.

This ability does not allow the eidolon to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.
Both found here.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Mas'ud:
There is nothing magical in the wagon remains.

Taldor and Arizhel:
Your physical examination of the wagon reveals sooty ashes, a few broken bottles or potion vials, a cracked nonmagical crystal ball, and several pools of melted wax where the candles must once have stood. There are no signs of struggle or violence, suggesting that the fire was started by natural unlucky means. There is a total of 55 gp in assorted blackened coins amongst the wreckage.

Perception DC 16:
You notice a bedraggled man, with dark hair lurking a short distance away, watching from behind the corner of a nearby wagon.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Fionn walks around the wagon from the other side and up behind the bedraggled man, so if he runs, he has to run toward the wagon where so many of her companions currently are searching around.

stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

When she gets near him, she speaks softly. "Hullo there. My name is Fionn. Who are you and why are you watching us? Do you know something about what happened here?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@ Taldor (and anyone near wagon):
"Taldor, I am going to trust you with these coins, do the right thing and all that..."

I believe by now I am off with Khatijah watching over Delphina. Zerika is acting as my eyes and ears now. See prior post if applicable, otherwise; Zerika is off on her mission.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Yeah, I meant to type Zerika but failed to, so sorry

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor nods and pockets the coins, too distracted by the mystery to feel shy. When Fionn walks over to the bedraggled man, he quickly trods over, ready to apprehend him if he flees.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Perception (Zerika): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

@DaWay:

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Zerika follows Fionn, keeping a little distance behind in case the mysterious stranger tries to run and manages to bolt past the gnome.

"I think I may have found him, boss, just keeping an eye on him for now.. Don't know if Fionn knows I am here though. If he tries anything, you want me to try to keep her safe?"

I would appreciate that, yes. Thank you, Zerika, and be careful.

Not a problem, they probably won't even notice I am here.


@Fionn w/ DC 32 Perception:

Zerika seems to have followed you around the wagon, staying about 10 feet behind you. Sneaky little snake people...

151 to 200 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.