Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,020 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Grumbling, Arizhel summons another sacrificial eagle.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage, if hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shadow Lodge

Male

Everything is a miss.

The pugwampi continues his frenzied assualt at Malak
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 1 nonlethal
confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 1 nonlethal

The pugwampi growls as his dagger sinks into the meat of Malaks calf.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Enough!"

Obviously frustrated, Khatijah tries to punt the little beast into the wall.

Kicking the Pugwampi, provokes an AoO.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 => 7 That's a miss.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor tries again
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 201d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

The eagle swoops in, again.
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage, If Hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage, If Hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage, If Hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara swipes again.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
unlucky: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Arg! That's almost a critical, even with the darned unluck aura!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Finally somebody landed a hit on him. This had to be a halarious few seconds in game. You'd know what would suck? If he's still standing and fighting after that -.- lol

Shadow Lodge

Male

Nope, that's 6 hp. The little guy is down. I am almost sad to see this one go.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

I sure ain't!

Kara stands triumphant over her kill and wipes the blood off her curved blade with a bit of cloth. She gives the little menace a bit of a kick as she steps over it to carefully re-enter the room and look around.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor nods to Kara, acknowledging her kill. He also enters and looks around

perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn follows Taldor and looks around the room.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak looks down at his leg and then at the little pugwampi. That little one had some fight to him.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Don't forget that being in that room still requires a reflex every round due to the junk strewn about. If you want to search just let me know. If not we can move on and finish up this level.


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"Well, should I stick with you now, or head back to the rear again?"

Entering the room, Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"As long as you promise not to get involved with combat until after you are healed up, you may as well stick around. Just don't go dying again."

Perception(Aid Other, Zerika): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Zerika's total Perception: 35


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Reflex Saves:

Let me know how many you need... Making 10 for a full minute, one lap around the room slowly, then back out.
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn takes one step into the room and looks around, stepping out again almost immediately when she realizes the condition of the floor and gets hurt.

reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

For the benefit of everyone who took damage from the pugwampi and the floor of that room, she prays for healing and channels energy.

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6 points healed.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Can I make an acrobatics check to avoid the bits of pointy stuff since we're not in combat? If so I'd take 10 for 17.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

As other members of the group head into the newly (and presumably) cleared room, Tolus does his best to calm his breathing. His ears are ringing from the adrenaline and his hands have begun to shake slightly. He was about to ask if everyone was alright when Fionn's washed over him.

He shakes his head to try to clear the fuzzyness left from the rush of combat and begins to scout across the hall into the only remaining area of this floor of the temple.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
spreception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Shoulda seen about grabbin' a broom."

Khatijah slumps against the wall again. Her moodiness from earlier back in full force. She begins looking closely at the mold growing on her arm.

"Cursed blade for a cursed slave I guess."


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks over at Khatijah curiously. "Cursed? Hardly. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a trained and strong warrior. I...I just got lucky, is all. I'm sure these things are much smaller than what you're used to fighting anyways, they just happen to be more my size."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Heh, I should tell you how I first learned to fight. We are not as different as you think."


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara raises an eyebrow as she tries to guess at her meaning, then a look of astonishment creeps over her face. "You fought back, and they let you live?"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus is hearing all this as he prepares to scout. Upon hearing Kara's astonishment he chimes in, You are in the presence of a particularly rare specimen of a person, Kara. One of the rarest of Exotics. Khat is what several of my masters would call an "Indominable". The fact that she is still breathing marks her as a breed apart from pretty toys such as you and I. Tolus looks to Khat for her reaction, half expecting her to lash out. He wished she could see her own incredible value in his eyes. She was a symbol of everything to which slaves are naturally attracted: inner strength, beauty, grace, and unyielding independence to name a few. In 40 years Tolus had yet to meet her equal. He was determined to make her see in herself what he saw in her.

Shadow Lodge

Male

You clear the room nothing of value noted.

Moving to A17.
Three long wooden tables and dozens of chairs that once lined this mess hall are now in shambles, mostly rotted away with the passage of years. Light shines through several large holes in the ceiling, illuminating a closed door on the east wall.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"I am not sure I believe in curses, but I now believe in Pugwampis. I would wait to decide how well you do until we face something not quite so accursed."

As Arizhel speaks, she an Zerika scour the room looking for anything of value, keeping a special eye out for magical auras. (Casting Detect Magic on Zerika)

Perception, assisting Zerika: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)
Kara wrote:
Kara raises an eyebrow as she tries to guess at her meaning, then a look of astonishment creeps over her face. "You fought back, and they let you live?"

"I am afraid I am a poor storyteller, but I will tell you what happened after we are done here."

Assuming that I am still alive after this.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Fighting back against oppressors is admirable. I would just make sure that you pick your battles wisely. Malak says while stretching and picking his way through the mess.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

When Tolus sees that there is no threat he calls the party over to the former mess hall and approaches the eastern door to check if it's locked.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Tolus the door is unlocked but seems to be jammed.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus curses under his breath.
Taldor? Could you convince this nice door that it's in our way and kindly shatter it to kindling?
Tolus takes a second look at the door for traps, then around the room for anything else of interest

precp for traps on door: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Shadow Lodge

Male

no traps


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus quickly scans the room, looking for anything of obvious interest.
preception for initial room search: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Shadow Lodge

Male

nothing.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Here, I will help you push it open."

Arizhel Strength (Aid other): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 (whoever takes lead on pushing open gains +2 if he tries to push)

Wish I had just tried Str check. Mighta worked, and the halfling caster being the one to open it woulda been hilarious


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus joins the halfling in attempting to force the door open.

Strength check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

For a total of 18 if noone else aids

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor listens quietly to the numerous conversations, not adding anything to them. When Tolus asks for him he chuckles, then gets a ten foot head start and charges the door

Bull Rush1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Strength Check1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Shadow Lodge

Male

With a struggle and a crashing dwarf the door finally gives way from the mold that was holding it back to reveal Ten bunk beds in various stages of disrepair fill this chamber, which must once have been a dormitory for students. The roof is mostly intact, and an open arch in the north wall leads to a large hallway. The east and west walls both bear sturdy wooden doors leading to other rooms, and an open arch in the southeast corner of the room leads into a darkened antechamber, perhaps a large closet.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor grunts and brushes himself off, then begins checking the contents behind the doors, leaving the exploration of the room to the rest of the party. At each door he begins by cracking the door and peaking in, then opening it all the way if nothing happens

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Huh, this place must have had quite the population in its day. Tolus comments about the beds. He follows Taldor to assist in securing the area.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Aye, ten bunk beds probably means at least twenty acolytes . . . It is a shame we are not able to see this place in its full glory." Arizhel chimes in, remaining just outside the room.

"could you please help them look for anything unusual? Just stay hidden as best you can."


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"Hide and snoop. Got it."

Doing her best to remain unseen, Zerika enters the room, keeping an eye open for the unusual.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah follows Tolus and Zerika into the room, the scimitar Tempest stays in her hand as she looks about.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor grunts at Arizhel's comment "I don't follow Sarenrae, but she has some o' tha prettiest temples there ever was." He continues his search of the area

Shadow Lodge

Male

Khatijuah you could swear the mold holding the door shut is now following you.
The small room off the southeastern wall is the lowest chamber in what was once a 40 foot tall tower. All of the wooden floors and the old lasdder that used to comprise the tower jumble the floor here in a collapsed mess. The roof of the the tower fell years ago, leaving it open to the sky and predators.

You see two wolf spiders the size of a human descending fast upon you.


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"Spiders, boss. Look up!"

Zerika retreats back out of the room.

"Running away, as instructed!"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Looking up, Arizhel calls out a warning "Look up! Spiders incoming!"
Making sure that the fighter types are in front of her, Arizhel summons an eagle behind the spider higher up.

Eagle (Augment Summon + Smite)
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn sends a firebolt at one of the spiders before anyone can close with it for combat.

to hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus's eyes jerk skyward. I hope they're poisonous he thinks. A shuriken whips into his hand and he hurls it at the nearer of the two, but it flies woefully wide.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,020 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.