Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


951 to 1,000 of 2,020 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Choon likes arizhel's idea. I'll check
He darts off to their old camp and checks to see what material the beds are made from.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor smiles "Brilliant, I'll see what in the room might be flammable" Taldor slowly leans in, shield held high, examining the room.

Shadow Lodge

Male

You can use the mattresses and probably some of the books and shelving to make a fire.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel does her best to stay out of the way of the big folk packing in items to set afire "Zerika, would you be a dear and see if anyone back there at the camp happens to have a couple dozen flasks of Lamp Oil? We really could use a lot! If you find a bunch, run it in to me then head back to camp? We can, of course, pay them for their oil when we return..."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus shouts back down the hall toward the party while dragging one of the mattresses behind him, We can use much of this room to start a fire for the beasts! Come! Help me carry these flea-infested excuses for beds to our ugly friends doom!


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara suddenly looks concerned. "Wait - what if the fire goes out of control and we burn down the whole place? Isn't that why we didn't light the chapel on fire?"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus stops for a moment, caught by Kara's legitamate concern.
Taldor! Is that room solid stone or is there a wood ceiling?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Im not sure tolus, let me ask the invisible DM in the sky! lol

Shadow Lodge

Male

This part is stone. It is a kitchen after all. Can't trust the help.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

AAAAhhhh!...you funny DM

Taldor takes a quick glance "Mostly stone, doubt it'll do much harm"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Lets just do enough to make a bunch of smoke in any case. We don't need a huge bonfire, just enough to force them out.
Tolus continues dragging his bed toward the party.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

How big is this kitchen?


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

looks like 20'x15' ish. Area a16 on map

map reference


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

After scrambling out of the room and leaving a trail of small droplets of blood from where the young fighter stepped on a shard of glass, Khatijah slumps against the wall, gripping her arm just below where two little arrows are sticking out.

"Damned pests."

She pulls out the arrows and pulls of her boot to examine her foot and pull out the glass shard that had lodged itself into the tender part of her foot.

"I don't feel like leaving a trail of blood. Do any of you have a bandage?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Course, not much for putting it on though" Taldor pulls out a rag and offers it, not being much of a healer himself


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks over. "Here, let me try. I at least know how to dress a wound."

She takes a moment to wrap her foot and smiles at the warrior. "Hope that helps."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

By the way, I'm not playing Kara as a spellcaster. She doesn't consider herself as having any magical skill and so I'm only selecting spells that could be explained by non-magical means (mostly enchantments). So while she's still casting a spell, and anyone else with a spellcraft check could identify that she's casting a spell, she doesn't know that she's casting a spell. I hope that works for you, DaWay.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Thanks." Khatijah looks surprised as the pain in her foot disappears and the bruise on her arm hurts less.

Shadow Lodge

Male

works fine kara, i do the same with some of my characters

the room is 15x30 and is A16.

For those who want to try and start the fire please give me a survival check. Yes, Unluck applies.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Any word from Dassah regarding the availability of Lamp Oil in the caravan?
Pulling her flint and steel from her pack, Arizhel attempts to light a candle to tuck into the straw of one of the matresses or otherwise use a a fire starting tool.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Shadow Lodge

Male

yes, Zerika tells you they have lamp oil.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Please bring all you can carry with all haste.

Zerika is on her way with lamp oil. That might help. If you think we dont need it, I can tell her to bring it back I suppose....

I am unclear on timing, but Zerika was asked to bring oil roughly contemporaneously with the plan to start a fire. How long does it take her to arrive with whatever supply she can manage compared to how long it takes to retrieve whatever other materials are to be burned?


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Choon continues dragging the nastiest of the beds toward the kitchen.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Ari Just assume they will be done about the same time.

Also it appears Tolus has developed MUltiple personality disorder.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

To be fair, so has Ari. :P


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

well, to be fair, he has undergone some pretty severe mental stress recently. It's been a good week since his last hot bath. A man can only take so much. :P


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara holds her blade ready and keeps a wary eye out while the others work on lighting a fire.

Shadow Lodge

Male

After a while sure enough 4 demon chihuahuas come running out with there bows in hand hacking due to smoke inhalation. Let's assume this gives you a surprise round as they funnel out the door.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

can I assume we were all set and ready with weapons and spells because it would take time for the fire to burn?


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizehl mumbles some nonsenseical words, gesturing at the door, willing a patch of grease to fill the opening.

Shadow Lodge

Male

yes tolus you are ready for them


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

readied attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
unluck: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus attacks the last as it stumbles out of the smoke filled room, hoping to surround the beasts.
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
attack: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (4) = 11 + sleep venom dc 13 (1/2 uses today)
im assuming I have flanking with someone as we are all set up and such.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Sigh. another nat 20 down the drain
Damage1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Round 0: Attack the closest of these little devils.
Attack 2H Tempest: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 => 9 => 11 if flanking.
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Khatijah swings and swings hard, but the strike misses.

"Damn these cursed jackals!"

Shadow Lodge

Male

As four of the pugwampis come stumbling out of the smoked filled kitchen Khatijah, Taldor, and Tolus lay forth a tunnel of death as three are killed. Now one left.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak lets loose with another glob of acid.

Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Will that take out the last one?

Shadow Lodge

Male

No

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor will try to finish off the final pugwampi

Attack1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 151d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

If this hits1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel loads her blowgun Move and Attacks

To HIt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
To HIt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Having dropped his target, Tolus stands ready to assist. He feels that engaging the remaining foe would only result in him getting underfoot.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Round 1: Kill da Wabbit-- I mean Pugwampi!
Attack Tempest 2H: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 => 11
Damage Tempest 2H: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Khatijah sets her feet and tries to bisect the foul little mutt.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Unluck favors the pugwampi as all attacks seem to fall short or wide, he then launches himself at malak

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1 nonlethal


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara tries once again to attack the little menace.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
unlucky: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shadow Lodge

Male

kara misses her mark.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

One lucky beast of unluck


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

I'm back... redotting and time to read what I've missed.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Seeing the trouble his teammates are having in hitting the little pest, Tolus steps up and strikes a blow of his own, but his luck is just as spoiled as his compatriot's.
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn steps up and sends a firebolt toward the little pugwampi, hoping to overcome the bad luck.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

But unfortunately, she has no better fortune than her companions.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 13/16 NL:1 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

attack Tempest: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Khatijah swings and misses again.

951 to 1,000 of 2,020 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.