Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


51 to 100 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

true, buckets it is then

Tolus grabs a pair of buckets and waits for Mas'ud to make him "more effective"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

While Taldor is struggling he shouts out "Don't use all the water, no point in saving a wagon if everyone dies of thirst! Use dirt if you can!"

Shadow Lodge

Male

@Taldor: Four burly mercenaries struggle with an enclosed wooden wagon within feet of the burning wagon, hoping to move it to safety before an errant spark causes it too to burst into flame.

DM eyes only:

Merc 1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Merc 2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Merc 3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Merc 4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

And with heaving muscles and bursting veins the four mercs and Taldor, resemble more a pack of work horses plowing a field pull the wagon out of harms way.

Taldor this is your first round worth of action. With Talos and Mas'ud fighting the fire. You know if you want more description of the fire, I am a former professional firefighter. I would be glad to recount some horror stories.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

haha thanks, i'm glad that when something important came up i rolled good. and by all means go descriptive! i love the good storytelling, and my uncle is also a firefighter.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Fionn rushes to get near enough to the firefighters to help anyone who is wounded... She will observe for a moment to see who needs aid before taking action. It takes all her strength of will to avoid staring gleefully at the fire while it burns. She averts her eyes from it as much as she can, though when she does look at it, the fire seems to dance tantalizingly just for her and she has to tear her gaze from it.


M Gnome Rogue 1

"Taldor! Here!" Mas'ud uses what he had in mind, but in a little different fashion . . .. He runs over to Taldor and touches him, activating his racial ability called Efreeti Magic, effectively blessing Taldor with the benefits of an Enlarge Person spell. That'll be good for a minute. "Maybe once you've got the wagon out of the way, you can use your shield as a shovel?"

Then he starts stripping. Mas'ud drops things of value or that are too flammable, so that he can cross into the flames. He's going to fight the fire from within, by removing potential fuel and trying to save anything he can.

Fire Resistance 5 ain't perfect for this set-up, but it is better than I think anybody else can claim! This situation certainly lets me show off! That's NOT what I meant!

Edit: I don' know if the Enlarge Person will work on Tolus' Race, and I don't want to waste it, so I passed you over. Literally, I just don't know if it will work on you!


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn is fascinated by Mas'ud's actions... seeing him actually enter into the flames and not be totally consumed by them shocks her initially, then intrigues her.

I.. I don't know what he is that he can do this thing.. but I want to be able to do it too! Ah what a joy it must be to be one with the fire.

For a moment she forgets she came forward to heal the wounded, but she rips her eyes from the sight of Mas'ud as quickly as she can when she remembers her goal and again, watches for wounded to help.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Seeing the change in plan, Tolus joins the bucket-brigade.

It would probably work, but is better used on Taldor, I agree

Shadow Lodge

Male

@Mas'ud: You walking over to Taldor and using the racial ability is going to be the first round of action. If you wish to continue with running into the burning wagon you may do so next round. Which will be tomorrow.

@Finn: A red-headed halfling cleric kneels next to two severely burned mercenaries. There skin is a lobster red, and charcoal black and are obviously in pain. They are attempting to hold themselves upright with arms out to the side as not to have any contact with anything. It seems where cloth meets skin is now indistinguishable. By the time your analysis is over you have started to notice blisters. The halfling is attempting to focus on one of the severely burned, a man. The second patient a woman currently goes untreated. Her breathing his labored and her chest is currently filleting due to the skin tightening and her chest expanding as she tries and breathes.

I will continue to give friendly advice until level 2, from there out your decisions are your own for good or ill. Don't forget that create water is an orison.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel drops her pack and pulls out her bedroll, handing the blanket to Zerika, and keeping one for herself. "quick, we can use these to beat out the fire" Gods be with us, we can't fail on day one.

casting guidance on self

Survival(Zerika) 1d20 ⇒ 3
Survival(Arizhel) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

umm haha i hate to do this, but you have to roll to beat SR. if you plan on buffing or casting any other helpful magic on me, you need to let my character know ahead of time. since i took the alternative racial trait that gives me such a powerful ability, i'm gonna make sure we do it right. it's a DC6 caster lv check


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

yes, but I didn't take create water for today, which sucks as it would clearly come in handy right now

Fionn tears her gaze from the fire and rushes over to the wounded. She gathers her thoughts for a moment and lifts her eyes overhead as she prays for a brief second to Sarenrae, gathering her ability to channel, she brings forth healing energy.

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Anyone in range who is wounded is healed 3 points

With a nod to the other cleric, she falls to her knees by the woman who is not being currently tended and speaks soothing words.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, you soak your blanket first, otherwise it will just burn up!"
Sometimes I forget she doesn't know much yet..
"sorry, didn't mean to yell at you. Just get the blanket wet over there, it will work better."


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Knowing she lacks the strength to help battle the blaze, Kara runs after some of the animals, hoping to help corral some of them and keep them from panicking or escaping.

I don't have ranks in Handle Animal so I'm guessing just a straight up charisma check? Or would dex be more appropriate? In my case the stat is the same so it shouldn't make any difference.

cha/dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


M Gnome Rogue 1
Mas'ud wrote:
Edit: I don' know if the Enlarge Person will work on Tolus' Race, and I don't want to waste it, so I passed you over. Literally, I just don't know if it will work on you!

I checked while I was making supper. Yes, it would have worked. I'll remember that for later, in case . . ..


M Gnome Rogue 1
DaWay wrote:
@Mas'ud: You walking over to Taldor and using the racial ability is going to be the first round of action. If you wish to continue with running into the burning wagon you may do so next round. Which will be tomorrow.

Check. I wasn't sure what the timeline would be. I knew I had more than a single round's activity listed, though . . .. Now, as for the caster level check . . ..

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Easily successful. Good. Failing it would have just been sad at this point, ESPECIALLY after skipping Tolus for you!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

ya my SR failed!...wait what? lol Taldor, having found himself such an immense size, takes the little mans advice and starts using his shield to scoop huge amounts of dirt to throw onto the fire.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Sorry, been away for a while.

Khatijah looks frozen for a moment, torn between looking for other threats and aiding in containing the fire.

"ಹೇಗಾದರೂ ಪ್ರಾಣಿಗಳು ಉತ್ತಮ ಎಂದಿಗೂ ..."

Kelish:
"Never was good with animals anyway..."

She takes off at full speed to the bucket brigade and grabs a bucket to fill it with sand. She then makes her way to the fire to start smothering it.

"Listen to the dwarf, use sand to smother it!"

Realize that may be too many actions for one round, so anything she can't do this round, will be done next round.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Put out that fire!
Khatijah joins the bucket brigade, also consisting of an enlarged Taldor,
Mas'ud, Arizhel and Zerka, and Tolus. They slowly make some head way put the fire is still raging and can spark back up.

Fionn aids the downed firefighters and they breath just a little easier. Their burns seem just a little less severe, though the woman still seems to be out of it.

Kara takes some time to calm the modest collection of unsettled pigs, goats, and sheep. The middle aged human camel driver and his wife do their best to wrangle the panicking animals, but their efforts are quickly being overrun by the chaos of the situation. Just as Kara believes she is making some headway one of the other animals gets scarred and frightens the other again, taking her back to start of the situation.

Rd. 2 actions?


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn, seeing the woman in such dire straits does a cure light wounds on her now that she is close enough to touch, though her touch is feather light to avoid causing more pain.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

She still has trouble tearing her eyes away from the fire and has to fight to keep her attention on the wounded.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus realizes after a single run that he doesn't have the strength to keep up with the intense physical labor required to carry water or dirt, so he switches tactics. He drops his pack and woven sack, pulls out his blanket, drenches it, and joins the fight at the wagon.

He keeps a wary eye for hot-spots and small flames, prioritizing them over the larger fires that the bucket brigade is better suited to handle. He positions himself on the near side and directs the brigade where to use the sand and water most effectively while fighting himself. He also listens to Aizhel and her snake-friend so their efforts don't overlap.

fire-watching(perception): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

rallying the bucket-brigade(diplo): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor sees the fire situation is still bad, but perhaps can be handled better now. However he see's the animals continuing to rebel. He decides they need a mother's touch. charge attack on nearest rowdy animal 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 15 damage (nonlethal) 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah continues to work on the brigade. She keeps the pace up and tries to get as many buckets down the line as possible.


M Gnome Rogue 1

As indicated yesterday, Mas'ud will strip off as much of his clothing and gear as he can, before heading into the wagon to try to spread the solid fuel out as much as possible.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Mas'ud wrote:
As indicated yesterday, Mas'ud will strip off as much of his clothing and gear as he can, before heading into the wagon to try to spread the solid fuel out as much as possible.

"Call out where to hit it, Mas'ud!" Tolus cries, and he relays that information from Mas'ud to the brigade in addition to what he is seeing.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks warily at Taldor as he comes to "help" and pleads again with the animals. "Please, calm down! Stay put or the dwarf's gonna have to hurt you!"

dex/cha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"I am not sure knocking them unconsious is the best idea ..."
Arizhel and Zerika join the bucket brigade

After Fire:
After the fire, my priorities will be
  • Aid the Wounded
  • Help with animals.
If a roll is needed: 1d20 ⇒ 12+2 Aid Another (Zerika will Aid) (+2 if Dex based, +4 if cha based, -2 if Str based. No other stat modifications.)
DIE TOTALS: Cha (18); Dex (16); Int, Wis, or Con (14); Str (12).

Shadow Lodge

Male

Another round goes by and the flames aren't spreading any more but this is still quite the fire. Mas'ud has removed the majority of his clothing and breaches the entry of the wagon.

Mas'ud fortitude save and perception check please.

The wounded mercenaries by fionn begin to stir. They are looking a lot better now. The woman even wakes up and looks around. Only to see the fire still raging. She picks herself up and goes to grab a bucket as does the male.

The animals are still unruly and unable to be controlled except for a single goat who lies at the feet of Taldor.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus will continue directing and fighting, re-wetting his blanket as needed.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
diplo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


M Gnome Rogue 1

Fort:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Perception:1d20 ⇒ 20

I know I'll find out in a bit, but I'm curious what the Fort is for . . .. AFTER I chose this course of action, I went looking for the relevant rules. I expect AIR to be a problem during exposure round 2, but I can't come up with a reason for Mas'ud to have jumped into a fire big enough for that to be true previously, so I was just going to have him have to deal with it.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

LOL! Taldor looks for the biggest, rowdiest animal and charge attacks it charge attack:1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 15damage(nonlethal)1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Shadow Lodge

Male

Mas'ud:
As you scramble inside the inferno. The smoke clouds your vision making you unable to see past a couple of feet in front of you. You do seem to make out a lot of pools of burned wax and the remnants of a lot of books. You also see what loils to be a man, laying still, in the middle of the wagon.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn looks over at the other healer who had been working on the wounded man and shrugs. "I thought they were far too badly wounded to go back to the lines yet, and still they left. I call that devotion to duty if nothing else. My name is Fionnbharanel, but you may call me Fionn."

Having introduced herself she looks for anyone else who has fallen wounded or anything else she can do to help. She's a little small and weak to be helping carry buckets, but perhaps there might be something else she can do?

She's slow with 20' movement and she's at her max carry capacity now, a bucket would slow her to 15' of movement. She'd just be in people's way if she joined the bucket brigade.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

ooh i forgot i was enlarged, so there's another +1 to hit (i get +4 str, but -1 size to hit, so +1 to hit) i'm rolling 2d6 for weapon damage, and i'm adding 4 instead of 2.2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 6) + 4 = 17

edit: apparently my weapon goes to 2d8...sweet


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah continues to help, but help but sigh when she sees Taldor charge another of the panicked animals.


M Gnome Rogue 1
DaWay wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Mas'ud pushes through the smoke, trying to find fuel that he can remove from the fire, when he stumbles across something unexpected: A PERSON! "!روث"

Without really thinking about it, he reaches down and grabs the form, reaching under the shoulders/armpits for leverage, and drags the person from the burning wagon. As he grabs the body, Mas'ud thinks "If he's alive, my grip has GOT to hurt! I hope he's alive . . .."

Yes, I realize I could well be describing the following round.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Mas'ud wrote:

Mas'ud pushes through the smoke, trying to find fuel that he can remove from the fire, when he stumbles across something unexpected: A PERSON! "!روث"

Without really thinking about it, he reaches down and grabs the form, reaching under the shoulders/armpits for leverage, and drags the person from the burning wagon. As he grabs the body, Mas'ud thinks "If he's alive, my grip has GOT to hurt! I hope he's alive . . .."

When Tolus sees Mas'ud stumble out of the flames with another form he is shocked. Could someone really have survived in there? He screams, "Finn! We need your help over here!"


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Not understanding Taldor's using nonlethal damage, Kara falls to her knees in shock as the "giant" dwarf smacks another animal. Her mouth hangs open as she watches, unsure what to do next.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

i'm not sure if you could identify nonlethal or not. i mean the difference between a warhammer splitting a head open and just giving them a nasty bruise might be easily visible


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn tears her gaze from the fire when she hears her name called, and runs over to Mas'ud's side, and considers taking a moment to try to tell if the person is alive or not... and then reconsiders... such an action might prove to be too little too late, by the time she is ready to heal him or her. She simply concentrates and prays to Sarenrae, channeling healing energy in a burst around her, afraid even to lay a hand gently on the burnt flesh for fear of causing more pain.

All in a 30 foot radius are healed for the following amount of damage:

channel: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Not sure of rounds here - if this action needs to wait a round, so be it

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

ya a round summary might help. pretty much i'm gonna keep calmly knocking out animals until they stop or somebody stops me

Shadow Lodge

Male

The bucket brigade continues except for Mas'ud, who has rushed into a building and screamed that he has found someone. Mas'ud should be visible from the doorway next round. The fire is beginning to lose it's momentum.

Fionn has successfully aided the downed firefighters who are back in the fight.

Everything seems to be progressing as well as can be expected, except for the frightened animals. With two knocked out, the others are starting to scramble in random directions away from the fire and from the giant dwarf. You can see the frustration growing in the camel driver and his wife at the antics of the dwarf.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Oops


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

My actions for round 3 have been described then except for

Catching random glimpses of animals and hearing Kara say something makes Tolus look about for a split second. He notices the two dead-looking animals and two frustrated looking camel drivers.
"Taldor!" He yells, "We need you over here!
He then bends back to his self-appointed tasks.

edited to come after Kara


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Seeing the animals fleeing, Kara gets up and runs to Taldor, grabbing his arm and pulling. She's on the verge of tears at this point as she cries, "Taldor, stop, please! This isn't helping! You're scaring them away, don't you see?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor notices the fleeing animals "Uhh...meh bad. I got an idea" Taldor uses some water to turn some sand into mud, then using his enlarged shield as a shovel he throws large amounts of mud at the fire (after Mas'ud gets out)

Shadow Lodge

Male

We can go ahead an assume the fire gets put out and eventually the animals get wrangled by all the troupe around.

I mainly want to bring you to a good role playing spot while I go camping


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus lingers about the charred wagon for several minutes after the fire is deemed out. Armed with his sodden blanket, he seeks out hot spots and smothers them, ensuring that there can be no flare-ups.

"Worse than that kitchen fire.." he mutters to himself.

I'm assuming her crimson-plated guards withdraw to the tent, leaving the servants and slaves to deal with the cleanup.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4
Fionnbharanel wrote:

Fionn tears her gaze from the fire when she hears her name called, and runs over to Mas'ud's side, and considers taking a moment to try to tell if the person is alive or not... and then reconsiders... such an action might prove to be too little too late, by the time she is ready to heal him or her. She simply concentrates and prays to Sarenrae, channeling healing energy in a burst around her, afraid even to lay a hand gently on the burnt flesh for fear of causing more pain.

All in a 30 foot radius are healed for the following amount of damage:

[dice=channel]1d6

Not sure of rounds here - if this action needs to wait a round, so be it

This would have been Fionn's round three action. Since we didn't quite get there, she would have done this out of turn counts and simply healed the wounded woman from the wagon as well as anyone else who was hurt fighting the fire who was within 30'

She stares at the woman's hair and licks her lips, entranced by the flames in the her hair that won't seem to be extinguished.

"What... what is this? I've never seen it's like before, but it's SO fascinating." She reaches out her healer's hand as if she's going to touch the flames, though she forebears to do so at the last minute... "ooooh... fire...

scary thing to take a pyromaniac gnome to a fire, lol


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

As the evening turns to night, Khatijah finds the coolest patch she can and splays herself across it after stripping off the chain shirt she had worn all day. Sweat runs in streaks down her soot darkened face and makes her clothes cling to her body leaving little to the imagination as to what she looks like underneath. Her chest rises and falls as she gulps at the cooling air.

I guess the heat might do what a hundred fights could not.

Tolus:
The way I had envisioned Khatijah was as a woman that is obviously beautiful and would have been the type of slave a master would show off to his buddies to make them jealous. Her temper, attitude, and the multitude of scars are what bring her down to CHA 8. I figured Tolus would be knowledgable in such things, and I believe this is the first time anyone has gotten a look at her sans armor. Main reason thsi is ooc is to avoid putting words in your character's mouth, so if you don't want to run with it that's cool.

51 to 100 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.