Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


901 to 950 of 2,020 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Male

No one at the caravan is able to heal her, I think that means Zerika remains at half health.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Yes, she will remain at the caravan at half health.

Although she is a poor substitute for Zerika, Arizhel does her best to assist Tolus in scouting.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn, after doing her morning prayers, will make breakfast in the morning for everyone, then clean up while those with the skills to move around unseen and unheard are doing their scouting. When she is done, she'll wait patiently for the scouts to finish their task.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

continue counter clockwise room search when morning posts are done.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

After breakfast, Kara will go with the others trying to scout quietly.

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Lantern Lodge

Male

continuing counter clockwise to A16

Beyond a doorless arch appears to be a large kitchen complete with walls lined in shelves and cupboards, a huge central table, and an enormous oven against the north wall. Several drawers and cupboard doors stand askew, and the floor here is a jagged field of broken glass, smashed pottery, nits of sharp stone, jagged bones, and discarded cutlery.

You feel...unlucky.

Perceptions please.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

crap, double d20 thing again?
preception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
again, if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

2nd perception if nec: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damn what a waste of a 20

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Dammit Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 => 3 And once again, my horrid luck is in no need of help. :/

Despite being up front, Khatijah's focus is inward as she fumes over her performance yesterday.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Tolus and Fionn you notice a trip wire running the length of the doorway.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus, being lead scout, immediately and silently motions for the party to halt. He shifts his shuriken to his left hand and holds it with his fingers while palm-gripping the rapier. He then draws his short spear, takes several steps back (while motioning for the party to do the same) and tosses his spear's haft across the wire from a safe distance.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn moves back as instructed, though she's already in the rear, and doesn't bother pointing out the wire since she can tell it's already been spotted, and by someone who might actually be able to do something about it. She watches with curious interest as Tolus takes action.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara holds her blade at the ready, half expecting something to jump out at them as the wire is tripped.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor keeps an eye on the trap, and he steps in front of the rest of the party (except Tolus) and prepares himself to pull Tolus back


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Following the instructions of Tolus as best she can, Arizhel moves back, taking cover behind the larger party members.

Lantern Lodge

Male

The wire does nothing when the spear haft hits it. It just feels extremely taught as if the trip wire were meant to trip someone.

Sorry I guess sarcasm does come across well in written form. Guess I will try and remain humorless now.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

I laughed...lol!


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

"Um...maybe we should just step over it?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Bad luck abounds again, it could be a hazard. Why doesn't someone with a sharp and pointy sword cut it?"


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara nods and steps up to the tripwire, swinging her kukri through the wire.

I don't think I need an attack roll for that, but here's an acrobatics check to avoid any harmful effects:
acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
If that should have been a reflex save instead, it comes out as 18.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah squeezes ahead of the others, placing herself between Kara and anything that might be in the room. Tempest in one hand and a dagger in the other. Her eyes scanning the room for anything dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16=> 14


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Disappointed and yet somehow relieved that no trap was triggered, Tolus steps aside to let his companion do her thing. He re-transfers his shuriken to his right hand and prepares for the worst. (more pugwampis)

Lantern Lodge

Male

stealth modifier withheld 1d20 ⇒ 19

group init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
pugwampi init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

surprise attack
pug 1 Tolus 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 1 Nonlethal
pug 2 Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
pug 3 Khat 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
pug 4 Khat 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 3 Nonlethal
crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

round 1 attack
pug 1 tolus 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
pug 2 Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
pug 3 Khat 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 3 Nonlethal
pug 4 Khat 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Every round you remain in the room I need a reflex save due to uneven footing and all the glass and bone shards laying about. yes this is subject to the unlucky aura.

Ha! Well I'll be an ambush that actually worked. Enjoy that bruise Khat :P

Also Taldor I need another fort save. This is not subject to unluck.

Lantern Lodge

Male

They had a stealth of 36 before the attacks. Take whatever modifier off you need to in order to notice them. I'm not sure but I think it's a -20.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Sniping (Firing from Stealth):
If you've already successfully used Stealth at least 10 feet from your target, you can make one ranged attack and then immediately use Stealth again. You take a –20 penalty on your Stealth check to maintain your obscured location.

Arizhel sighs, and summons an eagle in the room.
Perception:Eagle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29Perception:Eagle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 (18)

Spotting one of the foul creatures, the eagle charges it. (Smite)
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (8) => Pretty sure that is a miss.

8/8 hp
1/9 Summon


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

perception1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
perception2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Tolus barely spots the tiny projectile in time to deflect it with his forearm. The force of the impact, small though the weapon was, leaves the promise of a bruise this evening. His snake eyes dart around the dark room, but even with his superior sences he can spot no target to engage 'midst the rubble. In alarm he cries,
I see nothing!


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21=> 8
Okay, How bad is it Doc. ;)

Khatijah drops her dagger as her hand reaches across her body to clutch the spot on her shoulder where the two tiny arrows hit.

Waiting on whether or not Khat succeeded on her reflex save to post her actions.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

I had assumed eagle did not need Reflex as it is not on the floor, if I am wrong:
Eagle Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16Eagle Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 => (14)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Back out, don't fight em on this ground!"

Fort Save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Also if it's a spell, don't forget my spell resistance

edit: also I don't plan on entering the room. Taldor would take one look at the ground and know he's useless on that kind of terrain. however, if still required 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara whirls around and swings her blade at the creature that attacked her.

Move action - Battle dance 1/7
attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Lantern Lodge

Male

Kara you need a perception check of 16 to see them.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Ah yes, perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak follows Taldor's instructions and backs out of the room.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Ahh, I misunderstood since you just gave us a slew of numbers without actually explaining what was going on - I thought I was being engaged in melee instead of ranged. In that case, instead of my previous actions I'll take Taldor's advice and double move to get out of the room. Bummer since I had a good attack and damage roll...


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus backs up as well to allow room for the retreat. He steps to the left side of the door and prepares to attack the first devil dog that shows itself.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn wasn't even already in the room yet, but she backs up and moves to the side as well to allow others to back out easily. She peers around others in front of her, trying to see what is happening. She does whisper over to Khat "Do you need some healing there, Khat? I'd be happy to help if you do."

If Khat indicates she needs healing, Fionn will oblige with a cure light wounds spell CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Um, GM? Can I get the result of the Reflex save up stream?

Lantern Lodge

Male

"...each round a PC stands upon it he must make a DC 12 Reflex save or take 1d3 points of damage from some uncomfortable jagged bit biting through a boot or scratching an ankle."

For this round if you didn't make it 1d3 ⇒ 1


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"AH!"

Khatijah yelps in surprise as a piece of glass bits through her boot and into her foot. Her teeth grit through the pain as she scans the area around her and picks up her dagger.

Round: 1
perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 => 13
Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 => 13

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

How many people are going to back out of the room?


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

if I've read correctly, everyone except khat has moved out


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Yep. Khat'll be moving out in a moment.

Lantern Lodge

Male

You all move to the safety behind the door. Inside the kitchen you hear the familiar yips and growls, you can swear you heard a sing-songy taunt too.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Hey ya little unlucky bastards, why don't ye come out here and fight us if yer man enough ta! Or meybe ye'd prefer ta hide there, just like that little bloody cowards ye are!"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Do we have a way of producing a lot of smoke very quickly? I bet those things have to breathe as much as we do.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Remaining in the room, the Eagle will continue its assault on the creature it was able to spot.

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Pretty sure that is a miss.
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage if hit: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Pretty sure that is also a miss.

From the safety of the hall, Eleanor casts Mage Armor on herself.

"I have no way to make a lot of smoke, no. I suppose we could go get a couple of those beds from last night, set them afire, and you big guys could throw them into the room."

901 to 950 of 2,020 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.