Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


751 to 800 of 2,020 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male

Taldor there is a hole in the ceiling of this room. It won't make those rare desert storms pleasant but can easily be fixed with enough materials.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Knowledge Engineering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
"After we clear this place out we should fix tha' up. Shouldn't be too hard if we can get some suplies"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel, still noticeably shell shocked following the rapid combats, looks around half heartedly.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus continues scouting for the party, leaving the searching to others who are better at it.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
precept: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Sorry for my absence for a few days - I had a gallery showing this weekend and had to attend all three days

Fionn looks around along with the others, spots the hole in the ceiling and nods in agreement with Taldor's assessment. (not rolling perception since that's been done already by others)

She does takes some time to stand before the winged statue of a woman. Was this meant to symbolize the Dawnflower. I've seen statues of Sarenrae before, always a strong woman, usually with a scimitar and a mane of dancing flame... perhaps this is how she is depicted here in the far south?

"Is there more to search that we've missed? Another level perhaps? anything up... or down even? Most holy places to Sarenrae that I'm used to are open to the sky and the sun's light, so this place with a closed roof surprises me, but perhaps an open roof isn't practical in such a hot land?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Aye, sandstorms are terrible without a roof" After a second, Taldor takes his hammer out and starts rapping it on the ground, listening for hollow spots "If anytin was added it'd be underground"


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

"Ooooh, sandstorms... I hadn't thought of those... I guess an open roof in a sandstorm would be a really bad thing."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Let's continue on here, on the main floor, and keep an eye out for an upstairs. I really want to put off anything underground for as long as possible.... like forever."


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Sorry got a midterm this week, been studying.

Khatijah chuckles at Arizhel's statement.

"I'm afraid that we were asked to clear out the temple. if there are room underground, then underground we go."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel mutters a bit under her breath, "Yes, but we still get to pick the order of the clearing, so I hope we can do up before down?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor takes a second then lightly says "Ye don't have ta go underground if ye dont want ta, it's meh specialty anyways..."


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Again Khatijah chuckles, "Why do the thing you love before the thing you hate? If you get done the unpleasant tasks first, then you have something to look forward to in the more pleasant ones. If you do the pleasant ones first, then you don't enjoy it as much because you are dreading the unpleasant ones that are coming."

At Taldor's words, she says, "And I can go with him, or stay here, which ever you feel is best."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"I suppose you are right, Khatijah. I will follow wherever you all go. I like the idea of being ambushed alone a lot less than the idea of going underground. Lead on.."


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak seems like he is tiring somewhat after all the bursts of flame he let loose. I am willing to go wherever you all wish but I am having trouble keeping my focus and concentration. The energy required to release such blasts are unfortunately limited. I could probably summon the requisite energy once more before I must rest in order to use any but the most basic of magics.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Well then! Lets finish up with the above ground portion of the temple, and have a nice dinner, a good rest, and worry about the rest tomorrow!" Arizhel seems genuinely enthused by the concept of staying above ground for another day.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor thinks for a moment, then grunts his approval "Sometimes yer surprised by how much trouble underground searching can cause, we're gonna wanna be at full strength"

Shadow Lodge

Male

Alright so which room do you guys head into. I will wait for the first post and take that as group consensus. I will probably check the boards a couple more times tonight.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Maybe the A10 area? I'm starting to lose track of everywhere we've been/need to go

Shadow Lodge

Male

you've already been to A10. You are currently in A13. Your choices left to explore are A14-18, and A12.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Well those sound like fantastic choices! Lets get A12 done just so we can sweep up A14-18 at once. Sound good every1?


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

sure


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

agreed, still scouting, shuriken at the ready


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

sounds good!


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Yup.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

I SAY THEE NAY! jk thats fine with me.

Shadow Lodge

Male

A12. The brightly painted walls of this small chapel, probably meant
for personal prayer and reflection, stand out as unusually garish
for the otherwise reserved architecture notable elsewhere in
the monastery. On the walls, numerous rectangular wooden
plates traced in gold filigree depict a strapping warrior battling
creatures of fire, riding a chariot on the wind, and engaging
in other acts of noble heroism. It is the same figure depicted
elsewhere in the monastery, but the sheer number of images
here suggest that this shrine was especially important to the
clerics who honored him as a saint of Sarenrae. Perhaps a
quarter of the gold plates have been pried away or hacked apart
by long-absent vandals.
Opposite the door, dominating a section of the north wall,
stands a man-sized statue of the warrior, its face marred by what
look like numerous blows from an axe. The statue holds both hands
in front of him, bent at the elbow, palms up, as if expecting an
offering. Several deep rents from similar axe blows make it clear
that someone tried to hack the arms from the statue decades ago,
but was unable to do so.

...and perception checks please.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Perception-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Perception-1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Holy crap ur eidolon adds a lot to perception


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Shadow Lodge

Male

Perception DC 20:
There is a passage way located behind the figure. When opened it leads to a staircase leading down into what you can only assume is the undercrypts.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Irony: I spent all that time complaining about the possibility of there being a downstairs; and now I have found stairs leading down.... Meh!"

Arizhel remove a piece of chalk from her pack, and with her best efforts, labels the floor, and walls on either side of the figure, indicating the stairs located behind.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Kara has been craning her neck looking around at all the mysterious ruins, completely lost in this strange world of ancient finery.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

"I think we have a while yet before we head down, we should clear the rest of what's above ground first."

These little ones have good eyes, I should remember that.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

"I agree with Khatijah... we shouldn't leave the possibility of foes above ground and corner ourselves like rats down below - let's finish exploring up here before we go down."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Aye, onwards above ground"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

precept: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Tolus takes note of the doorway and is about to say something when the others mention it. He agrees with the party concensus and leads them across a5 to the other side of the temple

stealth for opening doors: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
preception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, you go with Tolus and help him scout, please."


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Following her master's order, Zerika follows after Tolus.
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

As she moves through the temple with Tolus, she does her best to keep her eyes open for anything Arizhel might find interesting.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Just don't do anything silly and if anything threatens you, come back to me as fast as you can. You are being a scout not a hero, ok?"

Shadow Lodge

Male

the hallway leads you through the door and back to the area you were just at.

A14-A18, which door would you like to go explore?


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Sweep A13, breach A14

Shadow Lodge

Male

A14. Library

A sagging wooden balcony overlooks this large room, which must once have been the monastery's library. An overpowering odor of musty, rotting paper and old leather fills the air here, and hundreds of books-most too damaged even to open without destroying them-litter the floors. Empty bookshelves line the walls of both levels.

Perception DC16:
One book has survived the destruction entitled COURTS OF STONE AND FLAME

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Taldor looks a little sad upon seeing the library. "Used ta read all tha time when I had down time in tha army"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Spotting an intact book in the miasma of rot that is the library, Zerika picks it up gingerly and returns the book to Fionn.

"I figure, since this is the temple of your god, you should have first crack at the book. Could you please return it to Arishel after you have had time to read it? She might like to read it as well."


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak blasts the book with his last burst of flame and when you give him shocked looks he says I can't stand it when a job is unfinished! jk ;-P

Malak follows the others into the room and attempts to keep out of the way of those more suited to this type of exploration.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@Gm:
I am going to be out for the night, have work to finish... so, Zerika follows Tolus to the next room.
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
If combat breaks out, Arizhel will summon an eagle, and Zerika will provide Khatijah with a flanking buddy, charging the bad guy, attacking to provide aid for Khatijah. Please feel free to NPC me as necessary. I may not be able to post tomorrow, depends on how much I get done tonight.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus continues his scouting. He only searches for threats for now, leaving the details to his other party members.

I will continue counter-clockwise around the section checking for threats in each area

prec.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

751 to 800 of 2,020 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.