Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


701 to 750 of 2,020 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

While everyone gets the armor and weapon situation figured out, Tolus continues scouting/exploring in an easterly direction, this time with his shield stowed on his back.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
preception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

shuriken break chance:

1d100 ⇒ 71

He also retrieves his luckily unbroken poisoned shuriken and holds it ready in his hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor smiles "By all means, glad we can put it ta use" He hands it over while still trying to recall anything about the mold

Is this a mold problem or a magical mold problem?

Shadow Lodge

Male

magical mold problem, there is no cure for it if you guys are wondering. This entitles her to the weapon if this is holding you guys up from moving on

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

were just concerned her arm is rotting away is all lol
Taldor looks around "Anybody got an idea o' what this is? How'd ya get it?"

Shadow Lodge

Male

In the hands of others the scimitar turns into the rusted piece of metal it once was.

I am assuming you guys are heading into room A9 where Tolus was talking about. Along the other Eastern wall is an arch leading into another room this one an austere octagonal chamber has a tall roof and an aerie of leering gargoyles perched atop each point where a wall meets another wall. An unholy stench of rotting meat, dried blood, and animal excrement hangs heavy in the air, no doubt from the fine crust of gore, animal carcasses, matted leaves and guano covering the floor.

This is assuming you guys move into A10 as there is nothing else in A9. Not that I am trying to rail road you or anything. If this is not your intent let me know. Also please give me a perception check those who have bonuses for stonework or secret doors please include that.

Phylactery Spellcraft DC 16:
It is a phylactery of Faithfulness


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Arizhel takes her accustomed post in the center of the larger fighter types.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak looks around with a grin at all the gore and says So?...who's hungry?


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Male

Dammit, but that is the perfect comment for triggering the encounter in this room.

At Malak's quip there is a chorus of buzzing as six insectoid creatures fly out with two pairs of bat wings, a tangle of thin legs, and a needle-sharp proboscis fly straight for the heroes.

Please take care of any other retcon you have in a spoiler

Initiatives
initiatives: Arizhel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Zerika 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fionn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Khatijah 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Mas'ud 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Taldor 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Tolus 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Other 1d20 ⇒ 11 modifier withheld
Malak 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Right now they are at 20' and descending fast.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak looks up and sighs saying Everyone's a critic.

Do I not get an initiative Mr. Dm? ;-)

Shadow Lodge

Male

Sorry imimrtl I haven't updated my cheat to include you yet. Don't be surprised if this happens again.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Khatijah takes the sword back, still worried about the mold, but not as much as she was before. Her face becomes a blank mask as they move to the next room and she takes her place watching the rear.

The mask breaks into a glare when Malak tells his joke.

"Some things no one should joke about mage."

I'll update Khat's sheet tonight.

When the buzzing starts, Khatijah looks into the room past Malak, and finds her jaw slack as six of the hugest bugs she has ever seen swarm forth.

Surprise Round: Glare at Malak and look at the bugs in surprise.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak rolls his eyes and grins at Khatijah and says You shouldn't take life so seriously Khatijah. After all, you'll never get out of it alive. He then begins prepping a spell to blast the creatures out of the air.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

before entering the room:

Kara nods at the dwarf and throws the chain shirt over her slender body. I sure hope this helps.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

As they enter the room Kara looks around with distaste, before giving Malak a scathing glare for his comment. At the sight of the bugs, Kara twists around, swinging her kukri in a graceful arc to hold at the ready.

Battle dance, inspire courage round 3/7
Also updated my AC and skills to include the chain shirt

Shadow Lodge

Male

If I don't say anything it is because the DC is 18, also can people include their CMD in their alias

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Descending, as in out of reach?
Taldor twirls his hammer in anticipation, holding his action to strike the first one that gets too close

Attack if AOO1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage if hit1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus let's fly with his poisoned shuriken, hoping the third time's the charm.

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Sleep venom DC 13 on injury initial saggered, secondary unconscious


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel draws and readies her blowgun, loading a small dart into the tube.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Round 1: Move up to closest bug and introduce it to Khat's new sword, using both hands.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CMD should be there under Statistics

Khatijah quickly composes herself and rushes forward and swings with the strange sword.

Tempest 2H Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Tempest 2H Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak let's loose with a blast of fire. Hitting however many he can.

4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 2) + 4 = 15


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn waits to see how many are left after Malak's attack and the bugs' action (her init comes after theirs)


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara readies her blade if any should come within range of her small arms.

attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
damage: 1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"I am not so good, but I will give it another chance... They are too far away to bite anyhow.
Zerika reloads her crossbow, and fires.
To Hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Shadow Lodge

Male

Between the fiery blast of malaks and the well timed strike by Taldor you are left with two stirges. One flies for malak and the other Taldor.

Malak grapple 1d20 ⇒ 10 modifier withheld
Taldor grapple 1d20 ⇒ 18 modifier withheld

You two start to feel a bit woozy as the beasts bellies become engorged with your blood.
1 Con damage each

2d100 ⇒ (16, 97) = 113
Taldor, fort save please

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Fort Save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus draws his still-poisoned shortspear and darts over to malak, assisting him with his overgrown mosquito problem

Aid malak in breaking grapple.


HP 40/40; AC 19, (T 12, FF 18); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 2, CMD 13; init +1; perc +13 F gnome cleric (theologian)/4

Fionn moves up to Taldor since Tolus is aiding Malak. She carefully aims a firebolt at the stirge.

to hit ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

dmg if hits: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Lets get that thing of Malak!"

Arizhel rushes to Malak, intending to help pull the giant bug thing off of him.

To Hit: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Unarmed (Attempting to squish the overgrown mosquito): 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Following Arizhel's lead, Zerika rushes in to assist as well.

To Hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage (unarmed, squishing the bug): 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Woot! we both do 0!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor notices the halfling and her eidelon trying to squish the giant bug, and he decides it needs a harder touch
attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
damage1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Of course this only happens if previous fort save was successful or a failed save isn't incapacitating me. This is my next action IF physically possible

Shadow Lodge

Male

That takes care of Taldors bug, that leaves the one on Malak. Still waiting for a couple to post.


HP: 16/45 NL:0 AC 17/13/14: F +6, R +3, W+3, Per:+1, Init: +4

Move next to Malak, Cut the bug off. 2H attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sorry, don't have time for a long post, so here's my actions to keep things moving.

Shadow Lodge

Male

and done. Anyone who hasn't posted their perception checks do so or if you want I can just do one big group one.

oh yeah and loot there is a total of 160 gp and a fine silver bowl as well as a chime on the foor of this buffet.


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 30
+2 is from Arizhel's Aid Other.
+1 from Guidance.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

casting Guidance on Zerika for her roll, and assisting
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

(Adds three to Zerika, putting hers to total of 30)

Shadow Lodge

Male

Arizhel:
Zerika tells you about the secret door leading to area A11.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, can you show us the door, I am afraid we can't see it..."


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Zerika slithers over to a secret door, and tries to opens it.

I know better, you know better, but this is Arizhel and Zerika's first outing, and since they have never experienced a trapped door, they don't know better. Yet.

Shadow Lodge

Male

After Zerika clears some vines and creeping weeds you enter into an open air room with looming walls with no apparent doors enclose this small roofless garden. Monks must once have come here to relax and contemplate the ways of nature, but any order they might have brought to the place all those years ago is almost impossible to notice now, as a wild cacophony of multicolored scrub plants and desert weeds have almost completely overgrown the space.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor keeps his weapon out, on edge from all the suprises. He starts circling around the room, looking for potential threats
perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Lets see if we can find anything else!" exclaims Arizhel, clapping her small hands in excitement as they enter the garden gone to fallow. This is almost like home!

Assisting Zerika Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Zerika nods and smiles at Arizhel's obvious enthusiasm, and makes a sweep of the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Male

nothing else is found in the room


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus follows the rest into the secret room, wondering to himself why it was so secret. His arm is feeling a bit tired from all the rapid combat, but overall he's feeling very well for being in such a new and dangerous place.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

After a quick sweep of the room Taldor relaxes a bit and starts taking a bit more time on the details. Now that they have a break, he brings out some parchment and starts maping out the temple


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak nods his thanks to Khatijah. Disgusting creatures. He says before following the group into the other room.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Finding nothing, Tolus pipes up. "There is nothing here. I vote we explore the other side of the building. There's one door left in the entry hall that has to lead somewhere. "

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

After finishing his mapping of the place, Taldor nods to Tolus's comment

Shadow Lodge

Male

so taking you into the southern most hallway from the central hallway. This large but plain interior hallways leads to various chambers of the monastery's southern wing. A weatherworn statue of a winged woman stands in the middle of the hall.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor searches around the room, looking for the subtle things while others deal with the more obvious things.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

701 to 750 of 2,020 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.