Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


651 to 700 of 2,020 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus is suprised by just how... Squishy... a pugwampi is on the inside. As the creature falls he gives a startled yell and hops back to avoid getting any blood on his clothes. A couple sconds later, the fact that the danger has passed dawns on him, and he starts to laugh almost maniacally in relief. The true horrors of battle have yet to make an impression on him, and his mind has no way to process the new experience except as a game. The 'hiss' echoed with in him. He felt like he could coil up at that very moment and become the cunning serpent he so closely resembled.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn breathes a sigh of relief as the creature dies and she feels the aura of unluck dissipate. She looks around at her companions to see who else might need healing. She'd already done a channeling, but perhaps more was necessary?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

I have 1 nonlethal, i'm good. If you're worried about that you should just b able to bandage me up for it


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

The battle done, Khatijah suddenly remembers the mold growing on her hand, and what caused it. She drops the sword with a clatter and shakily calls out for Fionn.

"F-fionn, what do you know about this?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Casting Detect Magic for the rummage through the disgustingly cleaved corpse of the Pugwampi leader, and his charred allies.

I will attempt to identify Khatijah's sword if she is agreeable.

"Do you mind if I take a look at that sword?"


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Don't touch it. It did this."

She holds up her mold covered hand.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn walks over to Khatijah, her head cocked to one side curiously and examines the strange growth on her hand.

heal check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Oh, I wish I'd paid more attention in healing arts. I have no idea what it might be... some kind of mold maybe? But other than that I have no clue. I wouldn't think it would be good for you just by the very nature of it, but I have no idea really if it is harmful or not. I'm so sorry. And I don't yet have the power to cure disease. Where and how did you get this?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

I do not know if I can try to identify it without trying to manipulate it...


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Arizhel, can you perhaps detect magic on it to see if it is a mundane or a magical fungus?"


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak says a word and then begins to detect magic on Khatijah. Either the sword is cursed or this is some sort of side effect of the magic that permeates it. I did say to be careful though I do not know why it affected you when it did not affect me. Curious.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus only now realizes that Khatijah is moldy. He is shocked. He has heard stories of powerful magics that transformed people, but none mentioned someone molding.

He decides to let the magicians deal with the magic and starts looking through the equipment and gear of the smaller pugwampis for anything of value to the party.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor frowns at the sword and the mold on the fighter girls arm. "Any idea what it is"

Lantern Lodge

Male

The loot consists of a small breastplate, +1 small warhammer, a longbow and 20 arrows, a phylactery and a ring.

Now that all that is taken care of where you heading?


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

at the moment I have no idea what I would even roll to guess at a mold like that, religion (temple item) nature? spell craft? so for now, I will simply aid in the healing of Khatijah...

"I think you are doing it wrong, here let us help"

"Zerika, please help?"

Aid Other (Fionn healing of Khatijah 1d20 ⇒ 3

wow I think I may have made it worse!


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

Healing: Aid Other (Fionn): 1d20 ⇒ 8

Lantern Lodge

Male

Roll what you think is appropriate and I will determine appropriately

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor is sad because he found a +1 warhammer but its no the right size category...also...DEAR LORD A PHYLACTERY, HERE COMES A LICH


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

After retrieving the loot and seeing to Khatijah's arm, Tolus calls the party over to the rooms he peeked into just before the fight broke out, and to the damaged statue in particular.
"It appears as if this once held something of great importance. Did this saint have a favored weapon or other item, Finn?"


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Her attention pulled away from the mold momentarily, she replies to Tolus:

"Yes, he did, but what it was, I don't know. As I recall, each of the templars of the five winds had a favored weapon, but Vardishal's was whatever his present host's favored weapon was. I'm afraid to say I don't know what the statue might have been holding. Of course it would be proper for him to be wielding the Dawnflower's favored weapon, a scimitar, but I can't say that's the case for sure."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Carefully examining her friend first, with Detect Magic active, Arizhel does her best to analyze the mold creeping up Khatijah's arm. Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9. "I am afraid I have no clue at all about that moss."

"Perhaps the sword will hold an answer. I had hoped to figure out the problem without resorting to this..."

Arizhel picks up the sword as if it were a poisonous snake, carefully turning it this way and that searching for any glyphs or runes to help her determine its origins, while simultaneously using Detect Magic to examine the aura of the weapon that caused her friend to mold on contact. Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Edit forgot about the ring, "I thought I paid attention when I was taught how to do this... One last thing to try."

Spellcraft: Ring: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"Although both myself and Arizhel are small, neither of us are very capable combatants, I propose that this wee war hammer should go to Fionn or Kara. I think the same applies to the breastplate. Neither of us is trained in its proper use."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Before Arizhel touches the sword, Taldor stops her. He wraps the handle in a cloth and picks it up to see if there's any effect. Then if there's no ill effect he hands it over.

Lantern Lodge

Male

no ill effect


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks at the hammer and armor with distaste and shakes her head. "Maybe Fionn, but I wouldn't know the first thing about such weapons and armor. Besides, I think they'd just weigh me down - the only way I know to stay alive is to be fleet on my feet."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Once Fionn and Arizhel finish looking over the mold, Khatijah grips her forearm like someone had the part growing mold off. Her face is pale as she takes a couple of steps then slides against the wall, down to the floor.

"The sword did this. The one called Tempest."

An apt name, my mind is a tempest of worry.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Well, we can only hope that it does not spread overmuch and is just a side effect of wielding the weapon. Knowledge Arcana1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Spellcraft to identify the Ring 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn sighs and takes the armor and hammer. She slips off her small chain shirt and after checking the breastplate for mold (after seeing what happened to Khatijah), puts on the breastplate. Then she picks up and swings the suitably sized warhammer a few times. "I think I prefer my scimitar but I can wield this if something resists my blade for some reason... as for the chain shirt, it's light, but it's too much for me right now... can anyone carry it for me until we get back to the caravan? I'd really appreciate it.. If someone can, I'll split whatever I get for selling it someday with you."

She hangs the warhammer from her belt and looks heavily weighed down for such a diminutive figure.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor shoulders the extra weight "Meybe we can trade it for a different weapon o' equal quality"


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

She grins at Taldor and her eyes crinkle merrily. "That would be cool for you, I'm agreeable to that. It's yours then to trade for something good you can use. How's that work for you?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor smiles back "Sounds good ta me. Haven't had a real good hammer or set o' armor since I was in tha army. Aight then, lets search tha rest o' this place. Is tha' sword gonna be any problems?


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara nervously tugs on Taldor's sleeve and hold out her hand, an inquisitive look on her face. "Can I...see how heavy it is?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Aye, seems ta not be too bad now" Taldor leaves the cloth wrapped on its handle as he hands it off

Lantern Lodge

Male

Malak the ring is a Ring of Feather Falling


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Well the ring is designed to automatically arrest a fall from a height and bring you down slowly.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor raises an eyebrow "Now tha' actually seems like useful magic"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus chuckles a little and says, "There are several dead pugs up in the sancutary that wish they had that when the grease spell hit. "

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor smiles and chuckles at Tolus's joke "Only magic can solve magic problems eh? Think there's a lesson in that"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel whispers to Malak and Fionn, "Is he calling us useless?"


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Having been ignored by the burly dwarf, Kara shrinks back to the back of the the party.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Oh dear haha
perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Well Taldor failed, but spoiler. He meant we wouldn't need magic to solve magic problems if magic wasn't used for evil purposes. He likes helpful magic like feather fall and healing spells, but any tricky or offensive magic he frowns at

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Oh Kara my last comment was to you, the 'handing it off' part. Sorry I didn't specify


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Taldor, May I have that chain shirt Fionn handed you? I think one of us may have use of it for the time being."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

"Aye, sure thing" Taldor gently hands off the armor so the weight doesn't all come down at once


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Ohh, I totally misunderstood that part, Taldor. That's ok, looks like we're figuring it out.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Thanking Tador for the shirt, Arizhel heads to the back of the group. Approaching Kara, Arizhel holds out the chain shirt, "I think he just didn't hear you, here try it on..

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

DEAR LORD THE CONFUSION. don't worry i didn't ignore her haha


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

By the way did we ever find out what is going on with the mold?

Lantern Lodge

Male

No one has made the check ... It has stopped at your elbow.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Actually...its a mold so knowledge dungeoneering MIGHT be helpful
Knowledge(Dungeoneering)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks surprised but takes the chain shirt and weighs it in her hands. It's surprisingly light... "Taldor, do you mind if I try it on?"

651 to 700 of 2,020 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.