Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


551 to 600 of 2,020 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus makes his way across the ruined sanctuary to retrieve his missed shuriken.

break chance:
3d100 ⇒ (100, 8, 36) = 144 Tolus down to 8 shuriken

One broke apart on contact with one of the little cretins, and a scone had broken a blade against the far wall when he missed, but his poisoned one, thankfully, survived.

As he walks he relived the battle. It was as if he were reborn. He could feel life in him again as he had not felt in years! And he was not alone. He had companions now that he felt he could trust to, at the very least, not betray him for a favor as it had been in the house of his last master. He might even come to call this mismatched, rag-tag group friends, in time.
He returns to the group and stows his poison shuriken in his belt, just in case.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak looks around at the group and says Please forgive my intrusion but I heard the commotion and thought perhaps you required aid. What were those creatures?


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara gives the newcomer a short curtsey. "Pugwumpis, or something like that. Little dog-demons that always surround gnolls, according to the local gnoll expert. Bring bad luck. I'm Kara, and thank you for your timely assistance."


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak bows to the pretty halfling and says A pleasure Kara. I am Malak Al'Qaum. I am part of the escort for the caravan but I wanted to see these ruins for myself and I was not on duty as fortune would have it. Pugwumpis...fascinating creatures. Thankfully not immune to flame. Malak is extremely attractive but has a somewhat feral cast to his features. You see numerous tattoos on his neck and head as well as peeking out from the backs of his hands. A subtle motion occurs under his cloak on his right shoulder and he rolls his eyes and says Alright Jezebel. Yes you can meet them too. Throwing his cloak over his shoulder freeing his arm you see a large tattoo of a winged lizard on it. After a moment it begins to move and press upward before it bursts forth off of his skin. The creature is emerald green and flaps its wings a few times before settling on Malak's shoulder. It has a long whip-like tail and a long beak-like snout with rows of tiny razor sharp teeth that look like needles. It nips and nuzzles at Malak for a moment before turning very intelligent eyes upon you and the rest of the group. Jezebel, this is Kara. Kara, Jezebel. I unfortunately do not know the rest of the groups names. Jezebel preens a bit while looking at you intently and then at the rest of the group. She seems wary and cautious of you all.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor notices all the oddities about Malak and arcs an eyebrow "Taldor, thanks fer the cover there" [i]Great, more magic, just what we need[/b] After the brief introduction Taldor continues to search the area, trying to intimitely learn the temple.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Hi... I'm Fionnbharanel, but you can call me Fionn." pronounced 'fin' she tosses offhandedly to Malak as she searches around. "I don't know what those shadowy things were, but they helped a lot. Thank you... and for your fire too!"


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

A pleasure to meet the both of you. Malak bows again. He seems to exude an air of politeness though under the surface there is a palpable menace to him as well. The smoke was just an illusion but effective all the same. As for the fire, that spell seems to come fairly easily to me when I focus on it.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

When his turn comes about, Tolus bows exquisitely and introduces himself, "Tolus the Serpent Servant, loyal ward of Kataphesh, at your service my lord.
He matches the flying lizard's keen gaze with his own serpentine eyes unflinchingly.
"And greetings to you Jezebel. " he ads, treating her to a polite bow as if she were his equal.


M Gnome Rogue 1

"Malak and Jezebel? I am Mas'ud, a simple teller of tales. I agree, your assistance was quite timely! I add another thousand thank yous to the ones already offered."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 15/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"My name is Khatijah. It is a pleasure to meet you both. I don't think the same can be said for the little demons."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika, be a dear, and climb up and knock that nest down here, I want to make sure no one is left hiding inside it."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Just checking in if you guys want to work on cleaning the chapel or moving on, or just staying and RPing. Just let me know what you want to do.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

there is more to the monastery than just the chapel portion, yes? If so, we should make sure they are all dead, collect any treasure and move on. If not, then are we done clearing the monastery then? I thought there were more rooms, doors we hadn't opened.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Yes, a lot more to the monastary, a couple of levels actually. NOW GET TO CLEARING! :) All the dogs had on them were shortbows, arrows, and daggers.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Let's get on to these other doors then if there's nothing of value here. We've got a lot left to do here and the princess is waiting. Probably not very patiently, either, if I know princesses."


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

If you do not object, I believe I will accompany you in case my skills are needed. There may be more creatures here.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"Please do Malak, the more on our side the merrier."
Tolus examines a bow laying near him decides that everything here is sized far too small for him, but he picks up a dagger or two anyway, just in case he runs out of shuriken. He then makes his way to the first door on the left and prepares himself for what could be on the other side. He doesn't feel particularly unlucky anymore, so that's always a good sign.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

I was planning on mapping out the area portion by portion, as Taldor likes the know the terrain

"Ya, I got this area checked out, lets keep moving on. Hmm, new marching order? I'll take point and we'll have her take tha back again"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"As long as I'm not infront, I'm good." calls Tolus. He is now standing by the door, spinning his poisoned shuriken in his hand which seems to flash green and white and silver as it spins due to the venom.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 15/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"That is fine. Shall we continue?"


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Zerika is searching the nests in the rafters perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Marching Order:
Ok, so marching order
Taldor
Masud
Tolus
Fionn
Arizhel
Malak
Kara
Khatijah

Shadow Lodge

Male

Zerika finds nothing but scraps and excrement from the pugwampis.
You guys have the map, just let me know what area you are going to.


M Gnome Rogue 1

"So, we're going deeper into the building, then? I really hope we've seen the last of those dog things. Pugwampees?"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

"Something like that. I can't seem to get the hang of pronouncing that name for some reason."

Tolus (and I assume the party) is standing by the first door on the left from the sanctuary waiting for Taldor to breach. Which makes it right-most door on the map leading into areas A4-A8.

Map Reference

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor swings his hammer around then puts his shield up "Ready?" Once the party seems ready to go, Taldor slowly opens the door and pushes it open with his hammer, keeping his shield up

Shadow Lodge

Male

So I goofed and there was a passage way above the chapel, however I will just include that encounter later to make up for it. Sorry about that.

You enter into a courtyard area (A4) A sweeping bas-relief sculpture along the north wall depicts five bearded, larger-than-life humans riding the wind with triumph carved upon their faces. Though some of their arms and hands are missing, each is clearly meant to wield a distinctive weapon. One of the five warriors holds a large axe, while another holds a fragment of what must once have been a regal staff. In the distance, an ominous mountain looms over the quintet. East of the wall decoration, two open arches lead into small rooms off the north wall. The south wall is little more than a series of open arches that look out into an open-air courtyard.

(A7)The outer wall of the west cloister passage bears a massive carving. The central figure—the heroic man with the pointed beard—preaches to a variety of human clerics from throughout the long history of the monastery. The first image depicts the figure manifesting in a spiritual manner to a small group of pilgrims of Sarenrae. Another shows the figure conversing with a man in religious finery while the monastery itself is being constructed in the background. Thereafter follows a procession of similar poses, each depicting a visit by the bearded man and the leader of each era of the temple. The depictions of these clerics often also bear an identifying inscription, complete with dates that span the last several hundred years. The most recent carving is from thirty years ago, and while ample room remains for additional carvings on the west wall, the last thirty feet or so are completely blank.
Two open arches on opposite ends of the west wall lead out intothe ruined nave.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel helps Zerika down from the rafters, then follows Taldor and Tolus. "I hope this place is safer than it appears thus far. Freedom isn't much good to a corpse..."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 15/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Is the bearded one a god?"


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Perhaps an avatar. My knowledge of religious practices and beliefs are rather limited though I am afraid. Malak says while looking at the carving. Turning he speaks a word and looks around intently. Cast Detect Magic, looking for any magical emanations

Shadow Lodge

Male

Malak I need to know where you are aiming your detect magic


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Noticing Malak casting Arizhel interjects, "May I be of help? I propose you handle the holy man, and his audience; I will handle the lesser, mostly armless, statues."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus examines the story on the wall and asks Finn, "Could this be that saint you mentioned earlier?"


M Gnome Rogue 1
Tolus the Serpent Servant wrote:
Tolus examines the story on the wall and asks Finn, "Could this be that saint you mentioned earlier?"

"It must be. That combines nicely with the story of the monastery and all."


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn nods vigorously. "It must be him, recounting his appearances. I would love to stay and study this further, but unfortunately, we have a far more mundane and gruesome task to finish here."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor goes around, checking the surrounding area for any inhabitants


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus wanders from south to north, searching the room for anything interesting like books or loose coin or some clue as to the history of the place.

preception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


It's a 60'cone so I'm kind of scanning the whole room looking for magical auras. If I find any i will concentrate to identify what they are.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Malak you notice a faint aura coming from the middle of the courtyard


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

I go closer to investigate and focus my view on it trying to discern what it is. When I do I will share my findings with the group.

FYI, my grandfather is in the hospital and it isn't looking to good so I am going up to visit him so I will need to be NPC'd until probably tomorrow night at the earliest. Thanks for your understanding everyone :-)


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Malak Al'Qaum wrote:


FYI, my grandfather is in the hospital and it isn't looking to good so I am going up to visit him so I will need to be NPC'd until probably tomorrow night at the earliest. Thanks for your understanding everyone :-)

If you prioritized us over your grandfather I would Internet-hunt you down, find your house, and slap some sense into you. :)


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 15/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

I'll keep him in my prayers. Losing your granddad is never fun.

Khatijah just keeps guard at the door while everyone else searches the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Zerika does a better job of locating things than most people. Perhaps she can help, would you mind, dear?"

Casting Detect Magic on Zerika, and directing her to check as indicated by Malak


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

"So, where exactly am I supposed to be looking?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

You can make your eidolon the focus of your detect magic? I thought it was only personal spells?

Taldor continually checks on party members, making sure they're safe while they do their searching.

Shadow Lodge

Male

In the courtyard, Malak finds buried beneath the dirt is a medium sized scimitar that is in desperate need of some TLC. It is rust covered, the grip is rotting away with what appears to be some sort of mold. In would be trash if not for the faint magic aura coming from it

DM Stuff:
1d8 ⇒ 6Taldor 1, Arizhel 2, Kara 3, Tolus 5, Knatijah 6, Malak 7, Fionn 8

Khatijah:
You see Malak uncover a most beautful scimitar you have everseen. For the life of you cannot understand how it stood the test of time buried in the desert.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 15/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Oh joy I know where this is going.

Khatijah does a double take and asks the others.

"May I see that sword?"


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak hands the sword over to Khatijah and says It is radiating a magical aura so be careful until it is identified.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Use magic device to activate any powers before handing it over so that Khatijah is not in danger unnecessarily. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Spellcraft to identify. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus takes little notice of the junky sword. He tries the doors on the west wall to see if they're locked. If not, he stealthily peeks in, wary of any danger that may lurk on the other side.
stealth to peek in unlocked doors: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
perception for peeking: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

with a stealth like that, these doors must be really squeaky.

551 to 600 of 2,020 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.