Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


451 to 500 of 2,020 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

@DaWay:
I am staying with Delphina until they are ready to enter the temple. I will rely on Zerika to inform me when they are getting et. While they are preparing, I will head to join them. Until them, I would prefer to stay with the injured woman, unless she needs privacy, or unless I am directed to join them by the Princess.


M Gnome Rogue 1

Delphina
The glimmer of hope inherent in a smile, or even just a grin, lightens the load on Mas'ud's heart over Delphina's condition. The flickering of flames from her burns, however, leaves him concerned, since humans shouldn't do that.

"I am pleased to find you well enough to move about so soon after the fire. It seems that you were well-loved by the caravan as a whole. Is there something we can find or provide to help you at this point?" He pauses, and looks at his sandals before continuing. "My apologies. You do not know me. I am Mas'ud."

Temple
Mas'ud frowns at the room's one ornament, but simply stays out of the way once efforts begin to remove it. He spends some time poking about through the rubble, looking for signs of, well, ANYTHING of interest. "So, does anyone know what we should be looking to find? Evidence of whatever hung the ornamentation? Signs of the gnolls? Ancient treasures of the temple?"

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20 WOW!

Lantern Lodge

Male

Arizhel:
Delphina actually insists that she is in perfect health. She shows no signs of the fire other than the blackened hands. You do notice that she is not able to work her hands quite as well as someone else would be able to but she appears fine otherwise almost excited


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus's voice answers from the altar's ruins, "There are all kinds of stories of things left behind after a battle and forgotten. Maybe I'm just hoping luck will be with us. "

He says this as he continues his close search of the altar.

Lantern Lodge

Male

unluck aura is back!


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
DaWay wrote:
unluck aura is back!

commence furious cursing

Should we roll the search checks twice? Does unluck apply to taking 20? Or are we technically threatened now?

Lantern Lodge

Male

consider yourselves threatened so when you roll go ahead and roll twice. you are just too jumpy to take 20. also something else is going to happen before you can.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah gets a strange feeling of De-ja-vu as she is suddenly a little clumsier.

Delphina:
"I am glad to see you well. Hopefully tonight we will camp in the monastery."

Khatijah gives the seer a warm smile before ducking out of the tent and joining the others.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"You seem in amazingly good spirits for one who suffered such wounds. Why does your blackened flesh ... intrigue you so much?"

I return to Zerika as soon as she reports the unlock thing, assuming it is perceptible.

"Excuse me, it seems Zerika needs me. I will be back as soon as I can."

Arizhel calmly walks out of the tent, leaving her pack behind. As soon as she is clear of the tent, she breaks into a run, heading for Zerika.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Earlier that day:
She looks at Mas'ud's kind words and speaks excitedly as she is starring into the flame No She twists her hand to make the fire dance and spin into a column. Nothing at all. Seems the ancestors have finally granted me their gift.

She talks to Arizhel Thank you for your care little one, but I am in perfect health. I assure you. You have done me a great favor. Tell me who pulled me from the fire after that demon dog knocked over the candle? She pauses at your final question Seems my father's heritage has finally shown thru.

And at Fionn So many questions, little gnome. I am guessing what happened to start the fire was me tripping in my wagon, knocking over a candle. I could have sworn there was a demon dog in there with me.

If i missed anything just let me know.

Temple group:
initiatives: Arizhel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Zerika 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Fionn 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Khatijah 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Mas'ud 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Taldor 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Tolus 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Other 1d20 ⇒ 4 modifier withheld

Anyone examining the room notices that the ceiling rafters in the southeast portion of the chapel upper works have been papered over like a wasp's nest in an interwoven mish0mash of soiled tapestries, tablecloths, alter runners, and other bits of salvaged cloth, creating a sort of hanging tent in the rafters above.

Perception DC 12:
There is movement in the fabric, as if by the passage of tiny feet over the hanging cloth from above

The rope that suspends the gnoll0skill chandelier winds up to the rafters above, falls 10' to the ground producing a large crash on the floor. A creature stands at the tent village above, with a squeaky laugh, this gremlin casts a rude gesture at you revealing a dozen of these pugwampi's armed with very small bows.

On the floor where the chandelier crashed, at the center of the grisly jumble of gnoll skulls, nestled within a mostly dried and excised gnoll lung is an uncut garnet. Other notable items you have found in your search of the room is some torn out pages of a copy of The Birth of Light and Truth strewn about the altar, which has been smeared with excrement. Total salvage of the chapel will turn up 449 gp worth of religious objects, loose coins, and random trinkets.

What happened with the 55 gold coins recovered from Delphina's wagon?

DM Eyes Only:

1 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
2 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
3 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
4 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
5 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
6 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
7 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
8 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
9 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
10 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
11 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
12 6/6 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Taldor's got the coin.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Perception 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Khatijah doesn't notice anything until she jumps at the loud crash made by the skulls. She looks around then up. Her eyes widen as she realizes on inescapable fact.

They are out of her reach.

She is well within theirs.

Why did I never learn to be an archer...


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn loads her crossbow, grumbling about them being out of reach of her burning hands...

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

how far away are we?perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26wow what a waste of a 20...stupid bad luck

"We can't take em like this, retreat and face em on better ground!" Taldor leaps to the front and goes full defensive, doing his best to keep their arrows off the party while slowly backing away with them

edit:also yes, i am hanging onto the coin right now. i totally forgot about it, probably should give it back to her if i live through this lol


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

15 to 20 feet if we're right under them I think.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn, realizing that Taldor is right, backs away toward the exit, not turning her back on the little creatures.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara looks up and seeing the myriad tiny threats throws her dart at the gremlin.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Watching it go wide into the rafters, she nods at Taldor and starts to back out of the chapel.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Perception Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Arizhel peers at the nest, looking for a sign of life. A celestial eagle materializes in the rafters as Arizhel follows Taldor away from the chapel. "I am sure there is something evil in here..."

Celestial Eagle Attack Rolls:

Using Smite Evil (+0 hit, +1 damage)
Eagle Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Eagle Attack (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Eagle Attack (Claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Eagle Attack (Claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Eagle Attack (Claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Eagle Attack (Claw): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The eagle serves only to provide the bad guys with a target so we can retreat.

Eagle Reference for Arizhel and DaWay:

Eagle
NN Small Animal
Init +2; Senses Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Perception +10
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +1 size, +1 natural)
hp 5 (1d8+1)
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 6
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 10 ft., Flight (80 feet, Average)
Melee Bite (Eagle) +3 (1d4/x2) and
. . Talon x2 (Eagle) +3 x2 (1d4/x2)
Special Attacks Smite Evil (1/day)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 7
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 11
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +8, Perception +10, Stealth +6
Languages
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Flight (80 feet, Average)
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Smite Evil (1/day) (Su) +0 to hit, +1 to damage.
Spell Resistance (6) You have Spell Resistance.

"You can climb, but I am not sure if I want you up in those rafters, lets see if the others have any ideas."

Arizhel laughs loudly, and says outloud, "I am not sure if that would work, but it would be funny!"


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

precep.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
precep.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Tolus is too busy focusing on the altar to notice the little beasts handiwork up high. As a result, he is caught on the far side of the chapel.
When the little devils do grab his attention, he immediately feels adrenaline hit his veins and the 'hiss' from the cactus patch rise within him. He heeds Taldor's warnings and retreats, using his shield to cover him in case any of those little archers got any ideas.

Full withdraw action. I'll make it to between the next to last row of pews and the last row (in the back) this round.

Map, for reference


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Casting Message on the entire group

"Here is my plan, Taldor, you are the strategist, so correct this as we go. We should send in two or three of our heaviest armored people to draw some fire. As soon as those little demons have fired at at, I will slip in and make those rafters as slick as possible. Fionn, you step in behind me, and set that roof on fire. Everyone else watch the door and be prepared to kill the little rats as they scurry out."

"Zerika that puts you outside the doors. Help them out as best you can, but try not to get hurt!"


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Arizhel - the roof is pretty much out of my range for setting things on fire... I can try though... there is always a chance."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"If the roof is out of range, perhaps you could carefully light a couple of Zerika's bolts, and she could fire them into the ceiling, or, does anyone else have a means of lighting a fire?"


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"I should be able to light a fire, fair enough. Just wrap some cloth around the bolts so you have something to ignite. If we had some lamp oil to soak the cloth in, that would be great.. Does anyone have any oil?"


M Gnome Rogue 1

Delphina]
"I pulled you from the fire. No one else could move through the flame with as little risk. Several of my companions have displayed far more bravery than I. It seems that our families may share a heritage."

Temple
Perception 1: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Perception 2: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Mas'ud also does not notice the small village above his head until the creatures that live there attract his attention. As he start withdrawing, with everyone else, he pulls out his sling (2 move actions).

"Do not set the roof on fire! We are trying to claim this building as our temporary home. Burning it down will not serve our purposes."


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"No, we just want to burn the nest out, not set the entire building on fire... the structure needs to stay intact. The nest is just cloth and looks like it would burn easily."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor quickly scans the room, thinking if they started a fire what it would do

knowledge:engineering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 assuming i don't need to double roll for a knowledge check?

Taldor grimaces "Afraid we don't have much choice, besides if the dawnflower wanted her temple destroyed fire would be tha way ta do it. I like yer plan Ariz, allright now remember everyone we're basically crippled cus o' their black magic, play it cautious!"

In the haste of battle, Taldor no longer feels shy around any of the party members


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus shares mas'ud's hesitation. "And on the off chance the rafters catch, then what? I love burning ugly dog things as much as any of us, but if we unintentionally destroy this structure the Lady will have our hides! Me must follow orders and ensure that this building is fit to house her Radiance after this fight.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

i think we need more DM details on the building. it's actually suprisingly hard for lv 1 characters to burn an entire building to the ground unless they buy supplies to do it


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"Perhaps the simplest solution for the current dilema, would be to send a runner back to ask the Lady. No sense making assumptions about what she would and would not like when we can simply ask." Zerika begins slithering at top speed to the Princess.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Delphina: Looking at Arizhel Because, little one, it's actually something I have been waiting for, for some time now. Looking at Mas'ud she places a hand chest, her eyes lit up, literally, Really!?! You have the blood of angels in you to?!?

You are within 15' of the rafters.

Setting the place on fire doesn't seem like it would be the brightest of ideas since the only part that seems to be stone is the exterior and the chapel itself. Remember this stuff is old, and ready to go anyways. It could be hard to contain if it got out of control.

On your exit the little dogs take a shot at each of you.

Arizhel 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 damage
Zerika 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 damage
Zerika 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 damage
Fionn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 damage
Kara 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 damage
Kara 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 damage
Khatijah 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 damage
Khatijah 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 damage
Mas'ud 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 damage
Taldor 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 damage
Taldor 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2 damage
Tolus 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 for 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3 damage

Arizhel:
Would you mind creating an alias for Zerika, please?

Lantern Lodge

Male

remember if it is a negative number for damage that it is nonlethal. Any of those that crit just consider to be a regular hit.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor grimaces as the arrows whiz right past his shield "Aw cmon ye little bloody bastards, outnumber us 2 ta 1 and still can't take us. I bet I could take all ye at once by meself"Taldor goes prone, using his shield as cover and whispers "Anger is a bad thing in combat, this should distract them, go!"

edit: also with me being prone and going full defensive, i believe my ac is 26 vs. ranged


M Gnome Rogue 1

Delphina
Mas'ud laughs, good naturedly, at Delphina's question about angelic blood. "No, not angelic, djinn! The dancing flames" he indicates her hair and shoulders and then his own hair "are a sign of descent from the Effrit. This is the stuff of legends!" He's obviously quite excited at the idea.

Chapel
"Really? Really?" Mas'ud pauses long enough to load his sling, empower the bullet, and try to hit one of the annoying gits clinging to the ceiling.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Probably not going to matter after that 9 attack roll . . ..

Lantern Lodge

Male

Delphina: at Mas'ud Oh, see my heritage is that of the emberkin, I just thought it skipped a generation. But that fire awoke the spark. It makes sense, you know, now this gnoll threat can be cleansed in a holy fire.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

A tall man dressed in black robes trimmed in gold walks into the temple at the sounds of the commotion. Staying well back from the room so as to not make himself a target, the man intones some words and gestures precisely. All of a sudden a series of half spheres of black smoke appear over the heads of those in the room shielding them from view from above.

If there is someone near him that he can whisper to, he says very quietly Those are illusions. They may be able to shoot through them if they know that. At least it will make it very difficult for them to shoot you and your friends.

Silent image to create a series of images of black smoke that appear over the party to block line of sight to them from the creatures above. He will continue to maintain the illusion and move it with them as much as he can.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus continues his retreat up the steps and slides into cover around the corner to the northern alcove beside the sanctuary. He readies his poisoned shuriken in case the little monsters decide that they want to come down and give chase.
He can feel an urge to fight, a fear of the unknown, a precise focus of the senses on the task at hand. He has never felt so alive!

It takes him a few seconds to recognize the smoke forming around Taldor and everyone else. Last of all, he notices that the smoke is hovering over himself as well. In confusion, he looks around until he spots a handsome, tattooed man who seems to have entered at the rear of the party. He is too far away from Tolus to make conversation, however.

Lantern Lodge

Male

imimrtl:
I have always hated your use of illusion spells. Glad to have you aboard!


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel smiles at the mysterious man in black, and using the smoke screen, she pops in, casts Grease on the rafters where the Pugwampi's were last located before ducking back out of the chapel.

@daway:

I am still on my phone, but I will make one as soon as I am home tonight!

Lantern Lodge

Male

take your time Arizhel

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor feels a slight bit of confliction Of course, more bloody magic then comes to his senses and uses the cover to get out


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 9/16 NL:2 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Once everyone else is out, but Taldor, Khatijah moves to the door and waits for the dwarf to get up and almost out before rushing out herself.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Making use of Khatijah's covering action, Tolus sprints further down the hall to join the others.

Lantern Lodge

Male

So give me an idea where everyone is gathered.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

I had pictured the party falling back to the middle-back of the main hall near the breach in the outer wall closer to the sanctuary to avoid the archers and force them to give up the higher ground. Heavy melee (Taldor, Khatijah) in front, close-ranged and flankers (Mas'ud, Kara, and I) to their side and slightly behind. Casters (Arizhel, Makak) in rear. I think that's everyone. We are evening the terms of engagement.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

I don't have any idea where the things are on the map, so I will state that I am under the silent image, near to Khatijah and Taldor and within 25 feet of the little ghastly things on the rafters


Female Eidolon AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13. . (+4 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural) hp 10 () Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2

As always, I am near Arizhel with my crossbow drawn, cocked and loaded.

@DaWay:

I am NOT proficient with crossbow, so I have -4 to hit, however, I gain +4 to hit with ranged weapons due to Dex (18). Thus, I am at +0 to hit...I think


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

ok, by Arizhel's requirements, we are a little forward of the breach near the stairs, just outside of bow sight lines.


M Gnome Rogue 1

Works for me.

Lantern Lodge

Male

Zerika:
Don't forget the +1 for being small.

You wait and wait, all you hear are squeals and gibberish. They do not seem to be chasing after you but maintaining the high ground. You also hear the pitter patter of little feet.

Down the hallway you see what could be relief coming your way in the form of Delphina with two light crossbows, one in each hand. A quiver of bolts rests on her hip.


Human Tattooed Sorcerer (Orc Bloodline) 4 (Init +3 / F +1 R +2 W +2 / Perc. +0 / AC 12 / HP 16 / CMD 10)

Malak maintains the illusion while everyone is deciding what to do.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn is in that mix of folks too, don't forget... everyone forgets the small folk, sheesh.... lol... sorry for not posting earlier, I'm on a retreat and very busy. Then the paizo site was down for hours earlier tonight.

Fionn stays under the illusion, keeping it between herself the pugwampis. "Well, we seem to be safe enough from their arrows thanks to the shadows... but what do we do now?"

451 to 500 of 2,020 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.