Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DaWay's Legacy of Fire - Howl of the Carrion King (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay

Having been hired by Garavel for the Merchant Princess Almahn you have reclaimed an Old Monastery to Sarenrae now you must launch the plan to reclaim Kelmarane as your contract details.


1 to 50 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male

Consider all the rp that occurred in the recruitment thread to have taken place.

You have been traveling in the caravan on the way to meet the Merchant Princess Almah outside of Kelmarane at the Serpent's Claw. For some this has been a family reunion for others the most interaction as a freed person they've ever had. The week's journey has not been easy. The sun as beaten you, and when it wasn't the sun it was the wagon or the sand but you seem to be making the best of it. Garavel has informed you that it will not be long until you can make camp. Sometime today he insists.

Please take this opportunity to continue your discussion and actions that have occurred over the past week. You will reach camp on Monday night EST. Have fun.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn seems to have tolerated the heat and sand and travel well for a gnome. She has remained talkative and energetic despite the enervating heat. Her seemingly boundless liveliness does seem to eventually fade in the evenings and she sleeps deeply at night. When she wakes in the mornings, she is her usual animated self.

While she avoids arguing the benefits or detractions of slavery with Tolus, she does seem fascinated with his view and she continues to press all the ex- or current slaves about their opinion of their state, but quietly so as not to offend anyone who might overhear their conversations.

She asks each and every one of the members of the expedition the same question over the days of travel however...

"Tell me about your homeland and how you came to be here in Katapesh."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Things hadn't been going well for Khatijah. The heat made things almost unbearable in the chain shirt she wore, and didn't dare take it off while on the march for fear of being just as good as naked during an attack. When Finn asked her about her position on her current situation, all the gnome got was a terse, "If you did not hear at the tavern, then clean your ears." She was more than a little surprised to be asked about her homeland later by the sociable little gnome.

"As far as I am concerned, my homeland is nowhere. I've always been a slave, and I've always been in Katapesh."

Low CHA + High temps + hot metal armor = one grumpy Keleshite woman. :)


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"That seems strange to me... foreign to my personal experience, Khatijah. I have always traveled. How does it feel to be one with a single place like that? and why do you not call Katapesh your homeland if this is all you know?"

Fionn doesn't PRESS Khatijah, but does try to draw her out, mostly in the cooler evenings when the day's travel is done so she is not so over-heated and grumpy.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara has made the journey so far mostly in silence. At each meal she prepares food and makes sure everyone has been fed before disappearing to eat alone. Her frame looks ridiculously small atop one of the camels, but as she always rides sitting in front of a man from the caravan she's hardly noticed.

During the few times she's remained around the company at night, she walks with confidence and grace, her long low cut dress flowing in the breeze. A slit runs almost all the way up her leg on one side, and you think you almost detect a slight grin anytime she catches the men staring at her bare leg. For all her outward confidence and poise, however, her eyes betray a deep sadness.

When finally caught by Finn and pulled into her conversation with Khatijah, she nods in response. "I was much the same. Was born of slaves - at least I think so, as I don't remember them - and I've been in Katapesh and sold from house to tavern to...house again all my life."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

Arizhel seems to be in awe of the desert, constantly asking the guides about this rock formation or that. Although she is slightly out of sorts in the morning before Zerika comes back, her mood quickly improves after her morning ritual.

Zerika also seems to enjoy the hot desert sand, perhaps it just suits her serpentine nature. They never wander too far from the caravan, but they do slip to off time to time to collect small mementos such as shiny pebbles, or bits of weathered bone.

"I was a slave I guess, but I have no understanding of what that means.. I was born and raised in the Savet home, outside the walls of Katapesh. This is the furthest I have ever been from home." Arizhel is absently twisting her hair around her finger as he stares in to space, chewing on some of the split ends wound around her finger, she goes on, "I know it must be a horrible thing for most though, otherwise my parent would not have sent me off.."

"Do you have any idea of what these are?" asks Arizhel, emptying the contents of a small pouch into her hand, displaying her collection of pebbles and bone fragments.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Fascinating. I don't think until this trip that I've ever met actual slaves before. I've of course heard of slavery, and seen it practiced in Cheliax and Qadira, but never have I had a chance to talk to actual slaves. And each of you it seems has had strongly different experiences as such. That you are here means you have a desire or opportunity to change your state, am I correct? Or did I misunderstand something?"

I'm a little confused as the player, so I figure Fionn is as well.

She examines Arizhel's rocks and shakes her head slightly. "I'm sorry, I don't know a lot about rocks and stones and such. Perhaps Taldor might be able to help you." She nods her head in the direction of the dwarf. "He's a warrior, but dwarves sometimes know a lot about stones and gems."


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2

"I think the treatment you get as a slave is as wide and varied as the people who own slaves. So some are kind, some are greedy, some are sick, and some are plain evil." Arizhel shrugs. "So I am guessing you don't know what they are?" she asks, slightly dejected, as she begins pouring her treasures back into the small pouch.

How do you put all your info next to name?


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

I put it all under 'gender' in my profile

"I had thought that all slavery was evil and vile, but I am beginning to understand that not everyone agrees, not even all slaves, as some have had, as you say, widely disparate experiences, some better than others. I am learning a great deal and appreciate you all sharing your views with me on this. As for your treasures, no I'm sorry I don't know what they are."


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Put it in the line for your class or gender.

"Well it's true they've promised us our freedom in exchange for going on this...journey, but I didn't have much choice in the matter. My last master fell on hard times and sold me to the city, and someone there decided to send me off on this crusade instead of back to the auction houses. I was honest back at the tavern - I fully expect not to live through this, but even so this is better than what I likely faced back there."


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Well, I don't intend to die out here, and I will do my best to keep as many of you alive as Sarenrae grants me power for. As long as we work together I don't see why we can't all accomplish our goals and survive this expedition. Wouldn't that be a grand thing, eh?" She grins at Kara and nods vigorously as she contemplates their future successes, optimistically unable, it seems, to foresee failure.


Female Halfling Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4 - HP:22/29 AC:18/14/15 CMD:16 F:3 R:8 W:4 P:7 Init:+3

Kara manages a bit of a smile. "Don't worry, I'm not just gonna lie down and die without a fight, either. And if I'm wrong, and we do survive, well that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Though I'm not sure I'd know what to do with myself without a master giving me orders."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus seems to be handling the heat very well. His leather armor can be a pain, but his traditional, flowing robes provide some protection from the harsh heat. In spite of this he still ends the day exhausted.
Every night he tends to sleep soundly, though 40 years of slavery have left their mark and he suffers from occasional nightmares.

perception 20:
at least twice during the journey (more if you decide to sleep near Tolus regularly) you witness him sit bolt upright suddenly, mutter apologies, or say "I live to serve" in his sleep

As the march wears on, he tries to stay near Taldor, Finn, or Kara as those were the people to whom he felt the most connection, even if that feeling was not shared. Why he felt so toward Kara, he couldn't quite say. Perhaps it is because she was closest in her slave experience to him of all the slaves present.

Shortly after departure he is approached by Finn. When she asks of his homeland he chuckles good-naturedly.

"Last time I did that it ended poorly, but I like you.
I have been a slave for as far back as I can remember. As I said, my first memories are of my slave-mentor Ashshram. He taught me the basics of all I know. Kataphesh is my home. It has treated me well and poorly in turns, but could anyone say more of their family?
What of you, Finn. Everyone has heard enough of me, I think. Tell me of your home. How is it to have no slaves?"


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"Why, you'd make your own orders... decide what to do for yourself. Go where you want, do what you want. You know, thinking about it, I suppose it would take some getting used to like anything new. But you have already proven yourself to be adaptable, as you said moving from house to tavern to house, so I'm sure you could do it."


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn turns to Tolus and shrugs, then smiles at him. "Kind of you to ask. My parents were merchants and we moved a lot - traveling from place to place with our caravans. We had no slaves, though papa did hire people to help with the caravans - drivers and guards and the like - they were all paid wages and could come and go as they wished."

"My home was nothing like this - most of Varisia is much greener than Katapesh and cooler too, but I like heat and fire, so this is fine with me. I do like green growing things though."

"Anyway, when I was in my tweens, my parents died and I went to live with Haleen, who cared for me as if I were her own child. I wasn't the only one either, as she took in several orphans. But I still loved to travel and Haleen let me go to Qadira to study fire magic for a time. I loved the journey and the learning, but eventually I went back home to Haleen."

She gets a wistful look on her face as she considers her story and then continues, "Haleen disappeared one night and I haven't seen her since. But she is why I am here, for I had a dream that she was in Kelmarene and so my travels brought me here among all of you."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)
Fionnbharanel wrote:
"That seems strange to me... foreign to my personal experience, Khatijah. I have always traveled. How does it feel to be one with a single place like that? and why do you not call Katapesh your homeland if this is all you know?"

Significantly more comfortable in the cool night air, she isn't nearly as short with the curious gnome.

"How can I call any place that takes my freedom away home? I am a person, same as the others, yet we are treated as trophies at best and animals at worst. I can not tell you what you wish to know, all I have known is conflict and servitude."

There isn't any anger in her answer, merely resignation. She gives the gnome a said look before returning her attention to the scimitar she is sharpening.

Kara wrote:
Kara manages a bit of a smile. "Don't worry, I'm not just gonna lie down and die without a fight, either. And if I'm wrong, and we do survive, well that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Though I'm not sure I'd know what to do with myself without a master giving me orders."

"I would not worry little one. There are three of us that can fight, and one of them even I would not wish to see opposite of my blade."

A warm smile breaks out across the woman's face as she inspects the blade by the light of the fire.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Fionnbharanel wrote:


She gets a wistful look on her face as she considers her story and then continues, "Haleen disappeared one night and I haven't seen her since. But she is why I am here, for I had a dream that she was in Kelmarene and so my travels brought me here among all of you."

Tolus listens attentively.

know(local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
He thinks he recognizes the name haleen, but can't place it.
"Your homeland sounds very different indeed. Sometimes I wonder where my race originated or where they live now, but noone has ever cared, so I learned not to. Perhaps, someday, I'll have the opportunity to find out."


"Tolus? How long does your venom stay on those darts, I noticed you ... doing something to them in the bar..."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Hadassah wrote:
"Tolus? How long does your venom stay on those darts, I noticed you ... doing something to them in the bar..."

Tolus thinks for a moment. I honestly don't know. When I have used my venom before it had always been fresh. For this journey I decided to experiment.

In the tavern I was coating my blowgun darts and crossbow bolts with both normal and sleep venom. My theory is that the venom will dry and stay with the projectile. Upon injury, the victim's blood will re-liquefy the dried venom, making it just as potent as if I had bit them myself. I don't know, however. As I said, I am experimenting.


Female Halfling Master Summoner 2 | HP:14/14 AC:13 touch 13 flat footed 11 F: +2 R: +3 W: +3 Per:+2, Init:+2
Tolus the Serpent Servant wrote:
I am experimenting.

Let me know how that goes, I am intrigued by the concept of toxin use...


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Arizhel wrote:
Tolus the Serpent Servant wrote:
I am experimenting.
Let me know how that goes, I am intrigued by the concept of toxin use...

Tolus grins, full fangs showing, " Hopefully you'll see it's effects first hand. When we get paid I plan to buy some ingredients to create a few alchemical poisons so I can have some options beyond my own poison. "


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn makes a distasteful face at the discussion of poisons but quickly hides it behind a grim smile.

You're a stranger in this land, kiddo... have to remember that and learn from them without imposing your own standards on them. Still, the use of poison seems so wrong and I'm sure Sarenrae wouldn't approve. Hmmm, but his own natural poison is one thing, manufacturing unnatural toxins seems much 'wronger'.

"I am trying to learn to accept your use of your own natural toxin, Tolus, but are you sure making other poisons isn't somehow... unnatural?" She shivers slightly, and looks at Tolus curiously for his reaction. "Please don't misunderstand me, I'm trying not to judge but to learn.


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus is not put off by her comment and questions. He considers his answer for a moment before responding.
"Which is more unnatural, my lady. The serpent's bite or a sword?
I will use essences distilled from plants and animals to make an end of our enemies faster than my poor skill with blades could possibly accomplish on their own.
Many people's distaste for poison stems from the dramatic scene of some innocent or rightful ruler clutching their throat in shock as an unexpected death slowly overtakes them. That scene is not my intent. If I do strike with poison against an unwitting target, it will be one worthy of their death, like some bandit king. And if I use poison to kill from the shadows, I will be certain that doing so is the only way to prevent many unnecessary deaths.
Others see poisons as unfair or unnatural means of giving a warrior an advantage on the field of battle. To that I ask: Which is better? To allow friends to fight their foes and chance their death, or to hinder their enemy, and in so doing, ensure your friend comes out the other side alive?
You must remember my situation. I am a highly trained slave of nobles and Guild Masters. I have many varied skills, only one of which is of any use on the battlefield. My skill with poison. I am not Taldor or Khatijah. If I face my foes honorably, I will die.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor has been quiet the entire trip, keeping his head down. He does anything asked of him, just giving a quiet nod then getting the job done as quickly as possible. It's clear he's working incredibly hard, as he is also wearing metal armor. When eating and sleeping, he sits a little distance away from everybody. Something is bothering him that isn't normal


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

"I think I understand some of what you say, Tolus. I'm still not totally comfortable with the use of poison, but as you say your 'poison' doesn't kill but merely gives an advantage, which I guess is really no more or less than a warrior using his training and knowledge to gain a tactical advantage in a fight. Thank you for explaining your point of view to me, as I am now I think more understanding of your art."

Fionn occasionally goes over to Taldor and tries to draw him into conversation, sitting with him during meals, either just quietly by his side, or chatting away if he won't talk. "Just remember, friend Taldor, that you are welcome among your new friends, and any time you want to talk, I am here."

With that, I'm out for several hours for our bi-monthly face-to-face pf game... see you all later!


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

During the march Tolus notices Taldor's removed nature and takes note, but doesn't interfere. Two nights before they are scheduled to arrive at camp. Tolus starts awake several hours before dawn from another bout of vivid nightmares. He tosses and turns for a few minutes, but knows he won't be falling back to sleep. Every time he closes his eyes, the dead eyes of his 'Exotic' friends stare into his soul, blaming him for not being able to provide enough. For not being the protector and leader he promised.
He tries to banish the memory with some breathing exercises one of those same friends had taught him to no avail. Finally he mutters something about 'damning poison resistance to the Abyss' and shuffles out to the edge of camp.


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

Khatijah sees Taldor removed from the group, but doesn't go to him like she had back at the tavern.

Truly, I am a fool.

A war between her heart and mind rages throughout the week. Towards the end of the last day, hot and weary from a day's travels, the fighter goes to her fellow and walks beside him, her heart finally winning the battle.

"What troubles you my friend? None can help if none know how they can."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor appreciates the gnomes company, but doesn't do anything to show it besides not leaving. When Khatijah asks him, he takes a quick look around to see if the dwarf is there, then says

"That dwarf is a blasphemous beardless bastard, i'm going to kill him when i get the chance"

With that, he recedes back into his quiet state


M Gnome Rogue 1

The trip seems to please Mas'ud. As others gather within the protective folds of their garments, he bares himself to the sun, obviously soaking it up and enjoying the heat that others are finding oppressive.

To Fionn's questions, he simply smiles. "I am searching for Haleen just as you are. My memories of time with her are different than yours, though. This is always the case when stories intersect. No two people see the same things the same way. She ensured I had the safety I needed, without forcing me to adopt a specific life. I was not granted a dream that she had gone to Kelmarene, though. The traveling story tellers told me of seeing her on her way there, and so I follow."

"All of my memories are of the streets of the city we just left. The stories running through my head cover a great deal more territory, though."

Each night, as everyone tries to relax before going to sleep, Mas'ud tells a tale of others who have traveled on journeys of hope,and the wonders they encountered. He focuses on positive stories, where they find more than they expected and were rewarded more than they had been promised. As a side note, his AVERAGE Performance (Oratory: Storytelling) is a 17.5

To Tolus' discussion on poison, he, again, simply shakes his head. "Are you positive that you are a storyteller? People react negatively to poisons because there are not stories of poisons being used to do good, no stories where the hero uses poison to save the day. Because those things in nature which use poison are considered undesirable things which we remove from our lives as quickly as we can manage. You seem to have no knowledge of the world in which we live, or about the people who fill it. What kind of stories do you tell, and to whom?"


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)
Taldor wrote:

Taldor appreciates the gnomes company, but doesn't do anything to show it besides not leaving. When Khatijah asks him, he takes a quick look around to see if the dwarf is there, then says

"That dwarf is a blasphemous beardless bastard, i'm going to kill him when i get the chance"

With that, he recedes back into his quiet state

Khatijah nervously looks around before turning back to the dwarf.

"Fool! Best not be saying too loudly, that. What would the others think if they saw you killing the man who gave us a chance at freedom?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor gives her a dead serious look. "i'd imagine they'de leave, freed" he takes a long inhale, then continues "dont worry though, ill see what this quest is first before i act." @mas'ud. during his talk of poison, taldor suddenly speaks up. "unfortunately, this isnt one of your fairy tales. its real life, and if its all the same to you id like to keep a grip on reality" also, out of game, i apologize for not being able to fornat my text, as im posting from my phone


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Mas'ud wrote:

To Tolus' discussion on poison, he, again, simply shakes his head. "Are you positive that you are a storyteller? People react negatively to poisons because there are not stories of poisons being used to do good, no stories where the hero uses poison to save the day. Because those things in nature which use poison are considered undesirable things which we remove from our lives as quickly as we can manage. You seem to have no knowledge of the world in which we live, or about the people who fill it. What kind of stories do you tell, and to whom?"

Tolus's mind darts back to the night before, when he wandered alone out on the sands. He hadn't known why he was out there at first. He simply couldn't sleep. But sleeplessness came to musing which lead to him reciting one of the poems he had preformed for the nobles and Guild Masters countless times called The Master and Masters .

He was in the middle of the seventeenth verse where the protagonist finally and brilliantly defeats his rivals through a proxy bidding war when he finally realized that he wasn't anywhere Kataphesh anymore.

Taldor wrote:
"Unfortunately, this isnt one of your fairy tales. its real life, and if its all the same to you id like to keep a grip on reality."

What was the truth of Tolus the Serpent Servant?

" I don't know, he finally replies. "You have already heard who I was. Servant to the most powerful Masters in Kataphesh, one of the most rare and sought after prizes of Exotic collections. I sang songs of economic conquest, bidding wars, slave revolts crushed, rival guilds absorbed, and all manner of inoffensive, meaningless stories of valor and might of arms for the Hand of the Maiden Fair.

When you say that I have no knowledge of the world in which you live you are right. You say I have no knowledge of the people who fill it, you are right again. I have very rarely touched the world of the common man and when I did it was at the behest of my Master.

You are, in fact, very often right it seems.

But as Taldor mentioned, I think that reality may be the one thing I have yet to fully grasp. Look at me!"

He laughs and spins, holding out his arms. He is a walking paradox as far as his dress. Boiled leather armor, heavy wooden shield, and short-spear of a hired guard colliding violently with the smooth flowing robes of a high class Slave and the shimmering, shifting green of his scaly skin.

"I wouldn't know what to think if I saw me on the street! Why, I was probably picked to absorb an arrow or three if we ever ran into trouble! This is about as far from my ideal environment as the Pits and yet here I am, trudging along to face down a creature I've only ever seen once. And that one time," he adds as an after thought, pointing for effect, "the beast was eating the face off Gullzur bal Feliz, a friend of mine for close to 15 years!" He plants his spear butt-first into the ground and rubs just below his eyes. "This dessert is blowing and scraping away more than just the first layer of my skin, friend Storyteller."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor gives a hint of a smile during Tolus's speech ah, so innocent. i hope the slap of reality won't hit him too hard .


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn looks over at Tolus and scowls slightly as she contemplates his words. "Here, what's this about facing down some creature? Is there something about this trip to Kelmarene that I haven't heard?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor frowns when fionn catches that. indeed what were they going to face? he looks inntently at tolus


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Tolus gives them a look that says 'really?', then nods to himself. Thats right, they aren't from Kataphesh, they wouldn't know. . "Appologies my friends, I forgot you are new in Kataphesh.
Kelmarane is situated near the northern mountains which are infested with Knolls and their ilk. My Masters would loose a caravan to them every once in a while. I don't actually know what lies ahead, but it's a fair bet that Knolls are involved somehow."


M Gnome Rogue 1

"Tolus, I think the truth of you includes that you put a great deal of effort into convincing others not to take you seriously, not to fear you. I've not seen enough to know anything yet, though. I am simply guessing."

"And I agree that gnolls infamously fill the hills, so we are likely to encounter some sooner or later. You seemed ot discuss a particular, single creature, though. I think this is what got their attention."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

I have spent most of my life becoming what subsequent Masters required. Even here, under this newest, beardless Master, I have become something new. Who knows what I may become tomorrow?
As for convincing others not to fear me, well, I believe my greatest weapon is possibly the tension I seem to cause everywhere I go recently. I'm not sure there is anything to truly fear. Just, please, do me the favor of not watching me in battle. The sight of a cowering, whimpering Vishkanya's bladder letting go may prove to be just enough distraction to get you killed. Then I will have become deadly indeed.

He smiles at himself and pauses before clarifying,

"The beast I refer to was a savage gnoll in the menagerie of my fifth Master. He was killed after he escaped and ate 3 Slaves, including my aforementioned friend."


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Heh, if you believe me so easily killed, then I am rather insulted. I did not survive four years in the pits alone. IF one is to survive, one must have others to guard against knives trying to rip your apart from behind."

A board smile spreads across the fighter's face, there's even a bit of humor to it.

"Besides, if everything you excrete is poison, then perhaps wetting yourself is the best defense against getting eaten."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP
Khatijah wrote:

"Heh, if you believe me so easily killed, then I am rather insulted. I did not survive four years in the pits alone. IF one is to survive, one must have others to guard against knives trying to rip your apart from behind."

A board smile spreads across the fighter's face, there's even a bit of humor to it.

"Besides, if everything you excrete is poison, then perhaps wetting yourself is the best defense against getting eaten."

Tolus bursts into a hearty laugh at this, but his fanged teeth and serpentine eyes unintentionally give the sight an ominous, predatory overtone.


HP 50/50; AC 23, (T 13, FF 20); saves fort 5, refl 2, will 7 (+4 v s fear/despair);bab 3 melee 3, ranged 4; CMB 3, CMD 17; init +3; cleric (theologian)/5 F gnome
skills:
diplomacy 9, heal 7, knowl history 6, knowl religion 6, linguistics 7, perception 13, sense motive 7, stealth 3, profession cook 9, spellcraft 4

Fionn looks somewhat relieved to hear the beast Tolus spoke of is actually already dead, but still concerned that there is more to this trip to Kelmarene than she's been told.

Gnolls, eh, I've heard of them. They are formidable opponents for such as myself, but our fighters should be better equipped to deal with them. I just have to keep them all alive, Sarenrae make it so, that I can.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldor finally smiles at the mention of gnolls "Ahh, now there's a fight i'll be accustomed to. Take heart friends, if our freedom is through an army of angry gnolls then I'll pay fer our first round as free men"


Female Human Fighter 1 (HP: 16/16 NL:0 AC 16/11/15: F +4, R +1, W+2, Per:+1, Init: +1)

"Then allow me the honor of the second, my friend. We'll cut through their ranks like a plow through soil."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

Taldors smile spreads into the large spiderweb one from earlier "Now there's something that I can look forward to!"


"I always thought a knoll was a kind of hill?"
Well, I bet that made me look quite the fool...
"Surely, they can not us to be a match for a creature that can kill three trained men and a ... whatever your friend was?"
Arizhel looks around the group for a while, then wanders to the back of the caraven.
I wonder if mom and dad would have been so keen on me earning my freedom if they knew it was a suicide mission..

Shadow Lodge

Male

You have been traveling together for more than a week on a dreary camel caravan from the town of Solku to an unknown location in the northern scrublands of Katapesh, a couple of days from Kelmarane. The man who hired you is Garavel, the no-nonsense major-domo of a merchant princess awaiting you at your destination. In the distant haze to the west you can just barely make out the immense outline of Pale Mountain looming over the mid-evening horizon like a tombstone.

As you near your destination you soon see a craggy tree appear over the next hill, it becomes obvious why it is called the Sultan's Claw. With five immense, mostly leafless branches, the growth looks more like a giant skeletal talon than a thing of living wood.

As you top the last rise, a caravan of a half-dozen wagons and a large tent clustered around the distinctive tree comes into view. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation, and a clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Perhaps a dozen men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down an animal or hastening toward the center of the cluster, near the Sultan's Claw, with pails of water in their hands. One of the wagons is on fire!

Lush orange and red flames engulf an elaborate wooden wagon emblazoned with painted moons and stars. A gout of smoke dark grey pours from an open door, and as you approach an illl wind blows a number of colorful fortune-telling Harrow cards from inside the wagon. Laying a half burned card on the chest of Arizhel/Haddassah and catching against your chest in a burst of orange cinders.

Knowledge Arcana DC 15:
The card is the Cyclone, signifying a force that tears through whatever it meets at the behest of an intelligent being. The card portends war, arson, and destructive plans.
As your eyes shift their focus from the card back to the wagon, the whole of Sultan's Claw erupts into a brilliant flame.

The central flap of an elaborate tent flies open and a regal woman who can only be Almah steps out into the firelit night. Douse that flame! she shouts to the men surrounding the wagon before turning in your direction. Ah, Garavel she says. And just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual. [b] Looking specifically past her major domo and directly at you, Almah barks out a simple order before running off toward the fire. [b]Find some way to help!

Faced with immediate crisis you have several ways to help. I will sum them up for you Put Out the Fire, Pull the wagon out of the way, heal wounded firefighters, and deal with frightened animals.


M Gnome Rogue 1

A quick glance at the path of the men with buckets indicates the direction of the water source, and Mas'ud starts heading in that direction at his best speed. "Does anyone have more buckets? I have a way to make one man and two buckets more effective . . .."


HP 21/21 AC:17/13/14(+3 dex +4 armor) F+2 R+6 W+0 (+2vs hot weather/Poison) CMD 14 Per+7, Init+5, -2 ACP

Realizing that his best option is to join the fire-line, Tolus keeps pace with Mas'ud and replies, "I have no bucket, but I do have 6 water-skins. If hauled together and poured together they should be just as effective."

Shadow Lodge

Male

@Mas'ud: Almah, Garavel and four soldiers dressed in the distinctive red chitin-plate armor of the Pactmaster Guard run back and forth between the burning fortune teller's wagon and an uncovered wagon about 20 feet away. The latter contains a huge barrel holding enough drinking water to serve the entire campsite for a week. There are more buckets sitting on the ground.

@Tolus: problem is it takes a minute to fill a waterskin. You don't have that kind of time.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf (Magic Resistent Alternative Trait) (Relentless) Fighter (Foehammer) 3 LG Medium Humanoid (Dwarf) 
Init +1 Senses Darkvision 60ft Perception +8 
AC 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19 (+5 armor, +1 dex, +4 shield,) HP 29 
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3 (+2 vs fear) CMD 16 Spell resistance 9

well, since strength is my strength, i gots this "I have the wagon" Taldor quickly runs up, grabbing anything he can on the front of the wagon, and starts pulling it with all his might. strength check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

1 to 50 of 2,020 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Legacy of Fire Pt 1 - The Howl of the Carrion King All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.