Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DaWay's Kingmaker pt 1 - Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay


251 to 300 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"I'd like to deal with, but you're right. We should concentrate on the bandits while we still have surprise."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"That thing sure seemed intent on luring us closer. I'd someday like to learn what it is, and how to deal with it. If it truly was dangerous, if we are to tame these lands, we can't leave such dangers for others to deal with. Someday, perhaps... But that is for another day. Let's go deal with some bandits."

Raven's mood seems to brighten a bit as she moves further away from the enigma.

Shadow Lodge

Male

And so you arrive at the Bandit Camp described to you by Happs men. This is an outskirt camp that lies many miles north of the Stag Lords fort and is used as a safety net. It is obvious that this camp is the cause of the harassment of Oleg and numerous other travelers.

The Thorn Ford camp is relatively large, and well defended by numerous hidden platforms placed in the trees. The camp itself is about 60 feet from the Thorn’s north bank—a path winds alongside a shallow creek that leads directly up to the campsite. This path continues for another 200 feet north of the camp before turning into a standard game trail.

From where you are at you can see a clearing, two watchposts, one to the east and one to the west, several large logs, and a wagon.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

What time of day is it, what is the illumination like, please?

Shadow Lodge

Male

Twilight


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrym gestures for people to back up. When he's confindent he won't be spotted or overheard he whispers
"Well? How about we wait for dark, sneak forward until we're spotted, then charge the campfire and put it out? We're going to need to take out the hidden platforms somehow. Angeus, you're a climber, any ideas?"


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Some of us don't see in the dark, though, Morgrym... so putting out all the fires would be as hard on us as on them."


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"I wonder if they have any patrols we can take care of? I mean if the group is humans we could sneak in with a crowd and try to take out the leader but Morgrym's tactic is quite effective."


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

I could scout ahead and try to determine how many of the hidden platforms are manned, get a general idea of how many are in the main camp.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"Honestly, my best tactic is to run in screaming and try to draw attention. This much metal makes me tough, bit not sneaky. On the other hand, they'd have to be really lucky to get a good shot at a weak point in the armour while I'm moving in this light."
He pauses
"Really lucky."

"But, there's nothing to stop them running away either."


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"I wonder if they could be lured away by odd lights? Unfortunately it might alert them instead."


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"Well could you make your light look like that ghostly skull, since they should know about it and might fear it. Just an option?"


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"Hmmm. They expect their allies to be returning, loaded with treasure, right?"


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)
Xerell Maj'ir wrote:
"Well could you make your light look like that ghostly skull, since they should know about it and might fear it. Just an option?"

"Afraid not, that skull is a bit too precise for me, sorry. "


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

"So we pose as the brigands you took care of back at the inn , and attack once past the outer defences?" Angeus asks


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

I doubt these bandits are that easily duped. After all if some stranger walked up to me holding a butchers knife and told me he was the house cook, I would certainly not believe him! A good leader knows all the people working underneath them, and I'm sure it takes a great leader to keep all those bandit men in check. Especially as a woman." Matthias catches what he's just implied and turns to Raven. "I of course mean that for a woman to keep such lewd men in check, not questioning a womans leadership potential. A thousand pardons if I made you think otherwise m'lady."

"I did like the idea that we check for any patrols, but we must be quick about it. Given that we have already given some bandits the chance to atone for their crimes, I feel it is only fair we give these men the same chance. If we are to run in with swords drawn and a battlecry on our lips, they are like to attack us in defense. And if we cut them down without so much as a word why, well that makes us no better than them in the long run does it?"


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"No offense taken, Master Lebeda, you are too kind. I agree that we should give them a chance to atone for their deeds and take a new path in life if such an opportunity presents itself. I think we need to play this by ear a little as we have no idea how they will react to us. Shall we do a quick reconnoiter to check for patrols and check those platforms if possible to confirm if they are manned. This is where a flying companion might have come in handy." She gives a little wry smile and a shrug, then looks to Adular for a moment.

She directs her next question to Adular, "I don't suppose you have a flying familiar? - though I admit I haven't seen one about..."

Shadow Lodge

Male

From what you see at the camp there are a total of fourteen tents, though the only personnel that you see is Lady Hatchet and four other male bandits.

Happs and his group accounted for five more, and were all male.


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

"If Lady Hatchet and 4 others are all we face here, I suggest a compromise strategy. They stand around in the firelight, and so will not be able to see our approach, beyond the light of the fires. I specialize in attacks from concealment, be it spell or sword or bow. What say you? " Angeus says with a smile.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"Hmph. Assuming simplicity is best, how about those with woodskills start looking for patrols to take down quietly. Yell out when you are ready for me to charge in, and I will. The woman does not get to surrender. I will kill her first - that way the others will be leaderless."

He shrugs "Or shoot, I guess. We've still got those bows, and I'm a fair hand."


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

"Alright, I will check to see if there are any patrols. I will be back shortly" Angeus says, checking her equipment and then disappearing into the darkness.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrym nods
"Call if you need help."

To Matthias
"I suggest we get ready to charge in and take out Hatchet from each side."

To Raven and Adular
"Are you okay to provide ranged support?"

"If we get seperated, let's designate our campsite last night as the meet up point - that should be far enough away."


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)
Quote:
She directs her next question to Adular, "I don't suppose you have a flying familiar? - though I admit I haven't seen one about..."

"Much as I would love one, no. Such partners are more typical to those of more traditional magics."

Quote:

To Raven and Adular

"Are you okay to provide ranged support?"

"By sling or spell, I'd be honored to reign confusion wherever you like." Adular inclines his head.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Angeus skulks off and is gone for what seems forever. The sun sets and the moon rises but she finally catches a glimpse of five more men dressed roughly the same as the others. Carrying longbows and swords.


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

dm:
Are they a patrol, up in the trees or in the camp itself?

Shadow Lodge

Male

a patrol heading back to camp


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

Angeus returns to the others, emerging from the darkness. "I saw naught but a patrol of 5 more bandits, armed with bows and swords. They were making their way back to the camp area. "


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"Should we try to catch them before they get too close back to camp, or let them go on?"


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"If we can take them down fast and quietly, let it be. Adular could you use your sleep enchantment on them again? Though I do have to bring up if we could take down the leader before they arrive we could give them a chance to surrender?" Xerell offers.


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

"Yes, if Adular can put some to sleep and the rest we should be able to get a flight of arrows into them before they realize what is going on. If we're all agreed, I can lead you to them."


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"if they are strong willed, it may not work, but..." Adular smiles, "only one way to find out."

Shadow Lodge

Male

You all make your way and find the group about 100 yards away from camp. Everyone needs to make a stealth roll who is trying to ambush them.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrymm stows his shield, draws his allocated bow and starts trying to creep along wearing damn near full plate armor.
If at all poissible he'll stop 50ft out and use the bow, if not he'll charge in and 2H the waraxe
Stealth including ACP -4 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 4 = 1


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

Angeus moves to a position to the right of where the rest of the party will be advancing, so as to be able to attack from concealment.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Xerell stays to the left of the party, close if needed to heal. Hefting his spear ready he prowls the forest.

Stealth:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

Adular hangs close behind the dwarf, knowing that should a fight break out, stout armored fellows make good cover.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Shadow Lodge

Male

1d20 ⇒ 2 unmodified

Angeus and Xerell you may act in a surprise round.


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

Angeus curses softly to herself as she hears her companions stumble about in the darkness, making an army's worth of noise.

Targetting one of the patrolling guards with her crossbow

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Xerell tosses his spear at the patrolling guards at the same time Angeus lets loose her bolt. Then draws his sword after.

Spear Throw:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Moving up closer, Raven sends a whirlwind of storm energy at one of the bandits.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

ranged touch: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Shadow Lodge

Male

Xerell lands a his spear across the bandits abdomen, and ravens storm energy crackles against another.

Intuders! yells the bandits as they draw their weapons.

party init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
bandit init 1d20 ⇒ 1 modifier withheld

Well its pretty clear that the party is going first.


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"I have had stealthier days, I swear," But once again Adular begins to weave magic, and there is a smell of roses in the air near the bandits on the opposite side of our heroes so best to not affect one of his allies.

Sleep spell , Will DC 16


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Grym throws down his bow, draws his axe in a two handed grip and charges forward.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

Silently cursing to herself on her miss, Angeus move back into the darkness and moves to the patrol's rear attempting to flank.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Shadow Lodge

Male

5d20 ⇒ (3, 13, 20, 13, 7) = 56 modifiers withheld

All but one fall asleep, misses his mark on the target and retaliated with a longsword
1d20 ⇒ 9 mod withheld
hitting nothing but armor.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Xerell comes out pointing his blade at the last bandit, "I suggest you lay down your weapon before something really bad happens to you."

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

"Something really bad, like a bolt through the back of your head." Angeus says, emerging from the darkness behind the bandit.


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"This isn't a good day for you," Adular opines to the bandit.

Shadow Lodge

Male

The bandit drops his sword and raises his hands. He says audibly What now? If your going to kill me at least let me die with my sword in my hand.

You guys are like the most non combative party ever


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"What?!"
Grym seems nonplussed at the prospect of taking yet another surrender.

251 to 300 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Kingmaker - Stolen Land Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.