Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DaWay's Kingmaker pt 1 - Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay


101 to 150 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male

Unless Matthias continues the pursuit I declaring this encounter over.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Fair call. Grym's not going to chase him by himself and leave everyone else alone.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

I'm tooootally chasing that hooligan.

"By order of the Charter bestowed upon us, I demand you stop you vile bandit!"

Matthias presses his horse on at a running pace (200 ft) to catch up to Happs, with his dueling sword at the ready.

Shadow Lodge

Male

alright Matthias give me a bunch of ride checks and some constitution checks for your horse and let's see where this goes.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

Ride!
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Starshine Con!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrym will follow on if Matthias goes down (he doesn't want to risk Matthias being attacked while alone)

Shadow Lodge

Male

ride, with modifiers withheld
5d20 ⇒ (12, 6, 5, 9, 14) = 46

Con, mods withheld
5d20 ⇒ (1, 15, 4, 11, 20) = 51

Shadow Lodge

Male

Matthias you catch up with him after another 200 feet, what are your actions.

Morgrym you see them putter out after a couple hundred feet. You can act on round 4. The first three rounds will be you closing distance.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

Matthias will give the bandit one last chance to surrender before he takes a swing.
Ride (guide with knees): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Attack:2-handed with power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Next round (to speed things along) if he doesn't surrender..
Attack:2-handed with power attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Nice! Go Matthias Go! Cut him in two!


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Sorry for my absence - I had a gallery showing this weekend and have been basically gone for most of the last 3 days.

Raven watches the "prisoners" inside the stockade while Matthias runs down Happs outside.

Shadow Lodge

Male

That is one dead bandit.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

With Happs dead Grym slows down as he approaches Matthias.

Should I tell him he did a good job, or would that sound condescending?


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

With a heavy sigh, Matthias returns to Olafs with Happs' horse and body in tow. Success through grace, I suppose. I would rather that he weren't dead, but this beats the alternative of a bandit alarm being raised. Mister Olaf, what would you have done with these bandits? They were promised leniency should Happs be lured into the facility. They failed to meet their end of the deal and are subject to our full judgement now."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Well, I am worried that the rest of the bandits might come for revenge. They are cowards but man have been driven to far worse over fear of death. Perhaps te best course of action would be to seek out and see about their leader. I believe they said something about a stag lord. says Oleg But as far as these 'men' go do what you want with them. As far as helping me out here is some coin and potions. Stay here as long as you want.

loot: 50 gp, and 3 potions, plus any gear you want from the bandits, which oleg will purchase from you.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

I suppose we take all their gear and sell it to Oleg, and does Oleg know what the 3 potions he's giving us are? knowing that would help us out immensely - knowing how to use them and all.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"My good man Oleg, of course we are going to root out the rest of the bandits. These gentlemen here will give us directions to the stag lord, and his other minions. Isn't that right gentlemen?" Xerell looks to the bandits that gave up.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrym trots behind Matthias' horse.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Oleg like a salesman speaks up Two of the potions will instantly close some of your wounds, while the other calls the attention of the gods to protect your from blows

2 CLW, 1 Shield of Faith +2

The bandits give you directions and you learn that the bandit camp is about a day and a half SSW. Know is the time we start the hexploration part of the campaign.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Xerell sheathes his sword and thanks the bandits for the directions. "My good Sirs, is there anything else you can tell us of the Stag Lord? His favorite tatics? Local Traps and ambush sites or even how big your group is?"


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"We can't just let them go. They'll go back to their boss."

Shadow Lodge

Male

He has a pretty heavily protected fort. He has archers, not as good as happs, but competent enough, and a number of them, they will talk in slang of the Stag Lords design so you wont understand his orders. He has many second in commands, and plenty of soldiers. He claims the greenbelt as his. And he is usually drunk.


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

Morgrym makes an indrawn whistling noise
"That's a hard nut to crack. Best bet might be a series of rolling ambushes and traps, or a siege weapon."

"I admit these guys have been helpful, but Matthias makes a good point."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Just let me know what you want to do with the bandits


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Raven looks thoughtful for a long moment before speaking. "I'm all for putting them to work here, but what guarantee do we have that they won't turn on Oleg when we are gone after the other bandits?"


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

"Do you know if Restov is sending anybody? You said you had asked them for assistance, but I don't see anybody here yet. We could place the bandits under their supervision and allow them a chance to redeem themselves and earn their place as free men of the Stolen Lands. Should they accept this, of course." Matthias turns to the men that are tied up. "Your other option is to face your crimes of banditry, and face the penalty which we have yet to determine. Of course, the most likely penalty is death."

Diplomacy to try and convince them to redeem themselves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

"Hmmm. Is there a spell we could put on them so if they ran away we could track them?"


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"They have done everything I have asked, I say we take there weapons like they were going to offer up and leave each of them a dagger and give them each 5 gp and let them live a poor life or if they wish to fight along side us and prove themselves they will redeem themselves. They will be given honorable and profitable postions within our new lands, and by the Matthias we are the assistance sent from Restov. I have no such magic Morgrym."


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

We actually are NOT the assistance sent from Restov, sent here specifically to defend the fort. We were sent by Restov to tame the wilds.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Ok,ok. Here are our weapons. We will go to civilized land and seek honest work.

Shadow Lodge

Male

so what's the plan then?


Dwarf HP 9/9 AC 19

plan in discussion?

Shadow Lodge

Male

That's fine. We can come back to this thread when your gameplan is set


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

The DM told me to post whenever I was ready, so if I am overstepping my bounds here, please let me know.

There is a sound of another horse approaching. The fellow on top of it doesn't dress like a bandit, but he does ride up with great haste, and then stops when he sees the adventurers. At first he looks confused, but as he sees one of the bandits turning over his sword, he breaks out into a happy whoop!

"Ah, Burtran, they spared you! I have expected to find you dead! Mother will be.. well, she'll be thrilled!" without missing a beat he calls out to the adventurers, "Hallo! Many thanks for sparing my brother!"
There isn't any obvious family resemblance, but it is clear by the expression on the bandit's face he knows the stranger who just arrived.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

A black-haired woman in leather armor approaches Adular and speaks. "I am called Raven. You are this bandit's brother? You definitely don't look like you share his proclivity for banditry. What brings you here, stranger?"


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

"He does," Adular points at Butran, "I'm Adular by the way and... by the gods you're quite pretty, did you know that? Of course you did, pardon my manners or lack of same. Where was I? Oh yes, you see, my family settled in along the border, pioneering as it were. We were happy but poor, well, as happy as one can be while pour, but Butran...well, he wanted more. No shame in that. It's the way he was willing to get it. He went bandit, and went south. I came after him trying to convince him to abandon the idea. No good end could come of it, and..." A sheepish look, "Whatever my brother may think of me... I love him." As Adular explains, his handsome face seems to run a gamut of emotions, all of them quite genuine.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Well met then Adular. Perhaps you can convince your brother here to not just give up his arms, but perhaps even change his ways. We could always use a strong arm and willing back to work in this rugged land. There are fortunes to be made, but legally, if one is willing to work hard. You are to be commended I think, for your loyalty to your brother. Maybe it will work in his favor... However what of yourself? What are you willing to do to change your own fortune?" She takes a deep breath and cocks her head to one side with a wry smile on her face.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

"Willing to do unlawful things for a little extra coin? My family is a great example of how lawful trade can fill your pockets faster than any banditry ever could. I am Matthias Lebeda. You would also do well to watch how you speak to a lady." He motions to Raven. "I do feel for the men who turn to banditry because there is no other option, to feed hungry mouths and that, but for the sole purpose of obtaining more? I am not sure if I could forgive a man of that. Greed is something not so easy to be rid of.

Matthias ponders another moment, weighing all the options. "However.. Some lenience could be given if you were willing to help pay for his crimes. As Raven has pointed out, we could use a hand in ridding the Stolen Lands of men like Butran."


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)
Quote:
"Well met then Adular. Perhaps you can convince your brother here to not just give up his arms, but perhaps even change his ways. We could always use a strong arm and willing back to work in this rugged land. There are fortunes to be made, but legally, if one is willing to work hard. You are to be commended I think, for your loyalty to your brother. Maybe it will work in his favor... However what of yourself? What are you willing to do to change your own fortune?" She takes a deep breath and cocks her head to one side with a wry smile on her face.

Adular likes the smile and returns it, "My brother, as his current situation might attest, doesn't listen to me as much as I'd like. However, he's not so great a fool as to not have a second think when it all goes to hades either. I shall talk to him and sway him to walk a more honest road." The fellow scratches his chin, "My fortune? Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes wish I were as rich as a noble but who doesn't?"

He's about to go on when Matthias speaks up.

Matthias Lebeda wrote:

"Willing to do unlawful things for a little extra coin? My family is a great example of how lawful trade can fill your pockets faster than any banditry ever could. I am Matthias Lebeda. You would also do well to watch how you speak to a lady." He motions to Raven. "I do feel for the men who turn to banditry because there is no other option, to feed hungry mouths and that, but for the sole purpose of obtaining more? I am not sure if I could forgive a man of that. Greed is something not so easy to be rid of.

Matthias ponders another moment, weighing all the options. "However.. Some lenience could be given if you were willing to help pay for his crimes. As Raven has pointed out, we could use a hand in ridding the Stolen Lands of men like Butran."

"Truth sir, my brother's banditry being THIS bold surprises me. I heard he had fallen in with some fearsome crowd. Perhaps he was afraid to quit once he started?" He gives a sad glance to his brother, who looks quite miserable, and then glances back to Matthias, "And no offense was meant to the lady, I so swear it. I've always been a bit excitable, you see. I often remark on rainbows and babbling brooks so a woman's eyes can have the same effect, though of course a rainbow is less likely to take offense OR be pleased. Ah, but I ramble. Repaying my brother's debt?" Adular sighs, "Well, each man must pay his own bill in the here after, but if it will help cement your mercy, then I'll aid how I can. I do have some small gifts. Allow me to demonstrate..." A slight flick of a finger, a few muttered words that seem to echo in a very old very wild language and...

Wisp like lights begin to dance around his head like a crown.

"I'm fabulous at parties I'm told. So, assuming we have a deal for my brother's life, when do we go after the bastards that lured him into a life of crime?"

Shadow Lodge

Male

Just checking in and seeing when you guys are ready to start hexploratioin


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

We have at least 4, so hexploration away!

We leave right now! Raven said she could follow tracks back to the bandit camp, and I believe your brother and his lot have also supplied us with directions. Should be able to reach the camp quite quickly.

Shadow Lodge

Male

you travel for the rest of the day. We will say about 18 hours before you have to make camp for the night

3d100 ⇒ (89, 59, 17) = 165

When you come across four short, reptilian humanoid creatures with scaled skin, a snout filled with tiny teeth and a long tail laying moaning on the ground grabbing their stomachs. At the sound of the party approaching they leap to their feet their weapons at the ready.

party 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 I think that's the highest initiative of the party
creatures 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

A solitary figure walks down the cart part from Restov. Cloak billowing in the wind, her gait betrays her weariness, but also determination to continue. The head lifts as the fortified inn appears as she crests a small rise. Her relief is obvious.

Continuing her walk, she stops and kneels, inspecting a pool of blood on the path. Touching a finger to the viscous liquid, she sees that it was only recently that it was shed. Unhitching her crossbow from her pack and loading a bolt, she cranks the weapon into firing position.

Advancing to the front gate, eyes alert, she calls out "Hail the Inn, I seek those of the charter. Be thee friend or foe?"


Angeus Rogue 2
Vital Stats/Skills:
HP 22/22 AC:16/T: 14/FF: 13 Perception +9 Initative +6 F:+3/ R:+7/ W:+2 CMB:+2 CMD:16 Speed:30
Other Skills:
Acrobatics +9, Bluff +7 , Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Fly +4, Handle Animal +3, Ride +4, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +9, Survival +11, Swim +2

sorry was trying to get that in before you set off


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)

Edit to respond to the other newcomer;)

Quote:

A solitary figure walks down the cart part from Restov. Cloak billowing in the wind, her gait betrays her weariness, but also determination to continue. The head lifts as the fortified inn appears as she crests a small rise. Her relief is obvious.

Continuing her walk, she stops and kneels, inspecting a pool of blood on the path. Touching a finger to the viscous liquid, she sees that it was only recently that it was shed. Unhitching her crossbow from her pack and loading a bolt, she cranks the weapon into firing position.

Advancing to the front gate, eyes alert, she calls out "Hail the Inn, I seek those of the charter. Be thee friend or foe?"

"Those are the only options? Neither seems completely honest. Friend then, I can always use more of those. and I believe these are the good people you are waiting for. "

He gestures to the others already saddling their horses. "We were just about to leave exploring and tracking bandits."

.............
Later...or saved for later
Adular is very grateful he isn't at the front of the party when the little creatures wave their weapons about, "I'm new to this band. Do we run from fights, attack in a rush, or try to talk to them?" He asks, honestly curious, "The stories I hear of bold adventurers don't always seem consistent."

Shadow Lodge

Male

It's okay, I will wait till tomorrow to start the combat for introductions to take place and all


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Sorry for the late response, my site is closing down so I had to deal with a few things. Nice to see some new blood.

Xerell just observing the situation listening to the new comers comments and pleased with himself that he could spare the life of ones family. He looks towards Adular "Sorry I was lost in thought and didn't give time to introduce myself sir, I am Xerell Maj'ir and I am grateful your brother and his friends were smart enough to listen to my words. Good to meet you Bruten you and your companions are wise, unlike that brash Happs. If that dictates how the rest the leadership is, this job will be a bit easier."

As he waits for a response he heres a womens voice call from the gate, "We are allies to those who wish be with us. It is good our flock grows."


Male Human (Kellid Heritage) Cleric-4(HP:28 ;AC: 17,t10,ff17;fort+5,Ref+1,Will+8;Init+2; Perc+4)
Xerell Maj'ir wrote:

Sorry for the late response, my site is closing down so I had to deal with a few things. Nice to see some new blood.

Xerell just observing the situation listening to the new comers comments and pleased with himself that he could spare the life of ones family. He looks towards Adular "Sorry I was lost in thought and didn't give time to introduce myself sir, I am Xerell Maj'ir and I am grateful your brother and his friends were smart enough to listen to my words. Good to meet you Bruten you and your companions are wise, unlike that brash Happs. If that dictates how the rest the leadership is, this job will be a bit easier."

"I know just what you mean, my thoughts are a maze sometimes," Adular greets the fellow in return, "It's I who am grateful, Xerell. Not everyone would be so kind to my brother as all of you have been. I believe he's grateful too."


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"Your welcome my new friend, I give everyone a chance to repent."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"The post is open... and we be the chartered band, come in if you would!" Raven says to the lone traveler who called out (Angeus). "I am Raven. What brings you to this lonely outpost to seek us?"

101 to 150 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Kingmaker - Stolen Land Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.