Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DaWay's Kingmaker pt 1 - Stolen Land (Inactive)

Game Master DaWay


1 to 50 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male

16 Pharast 4710
early afternoon
somewhere on the way to the Stolen Lands

You are well on you first steps to reclaiming the Stolen Lands. Having been travelling in that dreadful cart for over a week now. You are told that you will be approaching Oleg's trading post within the day.

Take this time to introduce yourselves and figure out what relationships, if any, exist and their strength.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Raven bristled at traveling in a cart like a pig going to market and longed to be free and moving on her own. She stood as often as she sat in the cart, peering about the countryside as they moved south. She looked at her companions once again, still sizing them up a little.

What was the family thinking sending me on such an errand? Probably Uncle Eldreth wanting to get rid of me so his own children's claim to leadership of the family would be stronger if I get myself killed on this trek. Still, it's good to be out of Stoneclimb for a change. I've missed the wilderness, and in truth it's a fine thing to be out of those confining clothes and not having others fuss over me all the time. I feel free again. Perhaps I'll even meet up with Father and Mist while I'm out here. It could happen. Though I do miss having things done for me, that was a really nice thing about living in Stoneclimb. I should have brought a servant along, but I guess it's too dangerous out here for that.

"Raven Medvyed, for those of you who I haven't spoken to individually before. I'm a protector of the woodlands and wild places and I can think of better ways of travel than this blasted cart. What WERE they thinking not providing us horses or letting us walk at least? Anyway, we might as well talk and share our strengths and weaknesses. If we're to work together and survive against bandits, fey, monsters, and other foes, we need to know these things of each other. I myself can speak to fey creatures, and am good with negotiating and such. As well, I can cast a few spells, including summoning creatures to aid us if we get into a fight. I carry a blade, but I'm better with my sling. I am of family Medvyed and heir to the family name, though in truth I think my Uncle sent me on this mission to get rid of me so his own children would supplant my rights. We shall see."

"Please, new friends and companions... tell me of yourselves."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

While the cart in fact was less than ideal, it beat walking all the time, "Urah Maliaar, alchemist, trapper and some would say scholar of all things nature has to offer, I'll just call me an anatomist. No fancy name here nor do I care about yours, in the end the same blood runs through all our veins and death awaits us all."
He grinned. Where he came from neither title nor money meant a thing, least of all safety, hiring an assassin to take out a lord was just as easy as hiring one to take out a commoner. As for his reasons, those were not for their ears, at least not now.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

When Urah makes his comment about death, Raven smiles enigmatically... then shrugs. "Even death can be cheated, Urah. It's good to hear you are a student of nature... there is much to be learned there. You aren't the first alchemist that I've met and I have much respect for your craft. It will be good to have you with us. Hopefully the post will have all the reagents and supplies you need to keep yourself fully supplied."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

"Oh I know, but death has many forms and faces and cheating one doesn't save you from the others. Rest assured that for every cheat there is a foil and in the end even gods are mortal." He looked around the group to see if anyone was offended by his comment, the zealous often were.

"As for supplies, I'm sure the land will provide as it has so many times before."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Raven doesn't seem at all offended and simply shrugs... "In the end we are all just part of the great circle of life and death, I agree. Oooh, I didn't realize you could get your reagents and supplies simply from natural sources, I never really thought about it before. My family's alchemists always purchased their supplies. I suppose even those had natural sources before being sold though, you are so right." Still, we are stopping at a trading post, so last chance to stock up on whatever we may need. I'm glad my needs are few. The woodlands will provide.

Shadow Lodge

Male (HP 9; AC 19, (T 11, FF 18); saves fort 3, refl 2, will 6; melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +5, perc +6) Samsaran Cleric 1

Switching from his horse to the cart every now and then to allow his horse, Desmyst, rest, Lynk was affected less by the travel conditions than the others. It is good to be traveling again. I wonder if any of our party enjoys a game now and then. Thank goodness my parents supported my decision to travel, having their help was very useful in aquiring my supplies. Hearing the statements about the capabilities from the first two members of the group, Lynk waits for a lull in conversation before speaking. A human-esque looking person, slender frame, light blue skin, black hair, and solid white eyes, Lynk is typical for one of his race.
I am Lynk Krenwae'afein, a member of the clergy of Dresna. My horse is named Dresmyst in Her honor. I am able to cast spells and have some knowledge of healing. I focus mainly on supporting others as my skills in close combat are not the best. While not favoring nature in particular, I also have no enemity of the forest or woodlands, nor do I wish harm on the various creatures unless they make the agressive move first. I have high hopes for our travels and seek to enjoy the journey as well as whereever our final destination is. Does anyone else enjoy a game of cards or Seige(game similar to chess, or shougi/go) ? I am always up for a game, and am willing to wager as well.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"I love playing cards, though I must admit I'm not very good at it. Mostly I play solitaire, but I do know a few other, less polite, games." She smiles and lofts a brow knowingly. "I'm sure my family wouldn't approve, which makes them all the more fun. A pleasure to meet you Lynk. It will be good to have a cleric along, as my healing abilities are limited and doing so prevents me from taking other actions in combat. I too am not skilled too much in close combat, so perhaps we can hang in the rear ranks together and sling spells?" She chuckles softly.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

Matthias rides near the cart on his all-white horse, Starshine. He is very gentle with the animal and it is easy to tell they have been together a long time. He carries himself in the air of a noble, with a beautifully decorated Aldori dueling sword hanging off his hip. The patterns on the sword also seem to make an appearance across his breastplate.

"Raven, wonderful to meet you. I am Matthias Lebeda, second son of the lord of my house. Glad to see another of my station heading up this heavy burden. The rest of you.." Matthias gives a small frown as he passes over the rest of the group, "I am glad you have ventured with us, for whatever reason you have. We shall need all the strength we can muster to claim these lands, and rid it of the vile banditry we all know there is much of."

The young man turns to give Urah a strange look, hearing the comment he made to Raven. "You may want to remember that noble blood runs through our veins. It may not mean much out in the wilderness, but you must keep in mind who gave you that charter."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

Urah chuckles at Matthias' comment, "Oh I know all too well who gave it, and who arranged it for me." And there was nothing noble about the latter.

He then turns his head to look the inbred fool in the eye, "There is nothing noble about your blood. All your title means is that your ancestors were either lucky or shrewd enough to make enough money and get their grubby hands on a piece of land. YOU just had the "luck" to be born where you were. Rest assured though, to get any respect in these lands you'll have to earn it the hard way." Pompous "noble" fool, all the milk and honey addled his brain.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

The silver haired youth just sits back and listens to the others speak. Just content with listening to the others he stays quiet for must of the trip. He feels to cut in finally getting a good a read on the group. "Now now, no need to cut into a man for being born into a noble family not like he had much choice in the matter. Though having luck on our side couldn't hurt, hehe. Oh by the way the names Xerell Maj'ir, I travel between the ranks of noblility and commoners. You could say I am the man of the people." He gives them a smile, "I am a jack of all trades, I can scout, track, handle traps, a minor healer, a descent combatant, and I am probably forgetting a few other talents. And Sir Krenwae'afein I wouldn't mind joining in a game of cards with you." As he talks to the group he streches exposing a aldori dueling blade as well.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Well met, all of you. It sounds like we have a good mix of skills and abilities. Good to know we have another tracker and scout." She nods toward Xerell. "As for blood, I'm sure no matter how blue mine may be, it is as red as the rest of yours, and out here, I am just Raven, and just one of you." She looks wistful for a moment as she ponders something unspoken.

Shadow Lodge

Male

16 Pharast 4710
late afternoon
Oleg's Trading Post

Oleg's Trading Post is located at the southern edge of Rostland (and thus Brevoy). To the south, the green line of the Narlmarches looms only a few miles away. Owned and operated by Oleg and his wife, the trading post's remote location and inconvenient distance from a major river has prevented it from realizing significant financial success. Oleg's trading post is surrounded by a wooden palisade that stands 10 feet high. At each corner of the pallisade are 20 ft. square watchtowers, each armed with a run-down catapult left over from the site's original use as a border fort. There's one entrance through the palisade-a 30 foot wide wooden gate.

You arrive to see a middle-aged bald, heavy set gentleman on a ladder, working on the thatching to the roof. He sees you arrive and looks at you gives you a nod, and calls out Svetlana! We have guests. Before finishing up his work and descending the ladder to greet you.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

Raven takes a long look around at the old fort and the aging man on the ladder. Once the wagon gets inside the confines of the walls, she hops out and stretches. "Oooh, that feels good to be out of that darn wagon again. Shall we see what the trading post has to offer? Perhaps we can give the man a little of what looks like much-needed business." Without waiting for a response from the others, she heads inside.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Xerell nods to Raven and follows her in, just observing the surroundings taking it in and finding all the exits and listening areas.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"EXCUSE ME SIR, DO YOU NEED ANY HELP?" The half-elf shouts up to the old man guaging his reaction.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Shadow Lodge

Male (HP 9; AC 19, (T 11, FF 18); saves fort 3, refl 2, will 6; melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +5, perc +6) Samsaran Cleric 1

Thanks be to Dresna for a safe trip to the trading post. Getting down from his horse, Lynk checks to see what kind of lodging is available for his horse first, then for him self. I wonder if there is a game of chance going on in the common room Lynk wonders aloud.


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

Matthias dismounts upon reaching the trading post, bringing his hand up over his eyes to try and get a good look at the man on the roof. He calls up, "Do you perhaps have somebody to stable my horse? She could use a good meal, but I will be by later to brush her coat." He stands around expectantly, waiting for somebody to give him a hand.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

Grym steps off the side of the cart, his knees bending as his armoured mass drops the four feet to the ground.

Stretching cramped muscles he reflexively taps his axe and shield, ensuring they are positioned correctly for a quick draw, just as Torag taught. While his arms move his head slowly swivels, surveying the area around the keep, checking for anything that might need to be dealt with.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Confident in his assessment he works his way past his new companions towards the handsome looking man descending the ladder. As he advances he looks at the thatch.

Thatch in a forest? Could be a real problem with stray sparks if there was ever a fire - man could lose his keep... So... I need to make a good impression. I'll offer to help! We can talk over work... Now, in Human...

"Morgrym Dolgringrun. Forgemaster. You shouldn't be using thatch here - use tiles. You're right to replace it if you do use it though. I know how to lay thatch. Want me to fix it?"


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

Urah rolled his eyes at the noble brat's comment. He'd problem never learn, which in turn would probably mean he'd be dead soon.

he steps forward and decides to be the decent one for a change, "Good day ser, my name is Urah. Please excuse the rude introductions from my... comrades. May you, by chance, be the proprietor of the outpost?" Despite his best intentions his voice still sounded a bit like he was making a demand.

Shadow Lodge

Male (HP 9; AC 19, (T 11, FF 18); saves fort 3, refl 2, will 6; melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +5, perc +6) Samsaran Cleric 1

Feeling a little chagrined at the unspoken criticism in Urah's words, Lynk berates himself for not introducing himself. Have I been sun addled? I cannot believe I forgot one of the most important rules of traveling, Do Not Unneccessarily Tick Off the Innkeep Out loud, Lynk begins Ah, my apologies. Good sir I am called Lynk Krenwae'afein, please excuse my earlier brusqeness, I am still a little weary from the road. May I make it up to you by blessing your abode with prayers to Dresna, goddess of travelers and those who deal with them? Lynk hopes he didn't do anything too offensive, but if it happened then it was the will of Dresna. One day, I will definately learn how to deal with humanoids not of my kind. Lynk promises himself with determination.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

Urah must have been talking about Lynk.

Shadow Lodge

Male

Raven: Inside you see Svetlana preparing a hot meal. She is a human ulfen woman of about 35 years. She has retained her figure over the years and is busy over a kettle in the fire place. Sit down dear, we got a note saying you were coming. I am sorry we don't have more to offer other than potatoes and carrots and game hen. The bandits have taken everything else from us.

Outside: The bigger gentleman now standing in front of you towers over you. You can see he is a very physical man well over 6 feet tall. He comes to greet you step around an evergrowning pile of goods in the center of the trading post. Always can use help, just maybe not the kinds you have in mind. Come it's almost time for dinner let's discuss this inside. As far as stabling your horse, you can put them over there. He points to stables that are a little run down but solidly built. He looks down at the dwarf I thank ye, ser, but I've been handling it on me own fer quite some time now. I do need help with some other stuff. And yes I am the proprietor.

Xerell:
He seems to be completely honest with you

Grym:
Nothing out the ordinary

Lynk:
It's actually Desna.

Shadow Lodge

Male (HP 9; AC 19, (T 11, FF 18); saves fort 3, refl 2, will 6; melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +5, perc +6) Samsaran Cleric 1

Excellent, then after I see to my horse I shall join everyone inside. Be there in a few minutes After taking Desmyst to the stable, removing his saddle and rubbing down the horse, Lynk will go inseide and sit in an open chair, probably next to Raven, as she seems the nicest to Lynk.

DaWay:

That's what I get for trying to rush in a post in between reports lol :P shouldn't happen again.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"Smells divine, any hot cooked meal beats the seeds and jerky that we been surviving on the trip here." As he finishes taking in the smells of dinner, he gives his caretakers a bow "My name is Xerell Maj'ir, it is honor you share what you can with us Ma'daam and providing us freedom from our cart, haha." He gives them a smile and will take any open seat. During dinner the half-elf brings up, "Hows the hunting in these lands, I was thinking getting a lay of the land and maybe catch some dinner in the process."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Nothing to be sorry for, it smells wonderful. Bandit trouble, you say? Are there a lot of bandits in the area?" Raven settles down near the fire to chat with Svetlana.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

Morgrym looks at Xerell as he follows in. "If you wanted a hot meal you should have sad so."

"If bandits are taking your things, you need to fight them. Show weakness and they'll never stop. Do you want me to cook?" he asks Svetlana


Male Human Fighter 1 / HP 12/12, AC 16/10/16, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will -1, Init +2, Perc -1

After standing around for another moment or so, looking at Oleg expectantly, the noble boy takes Starshine to the stables and ties her up. He follows the rest of the crowd into the building as they are all making introductions. "Greetings! I am Matthias Lebeda, second son to the lord of my house. Who told you that we were coming? Also, this meal appears to be a great start to our adventure into the Stolen Lands and "roughing it" ahaha!" He winks at Raven playfully. "Hopefully we have somebody with us on the road who can cook something that smells half as good, when do we sup?"


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

Morgrym looks at Matthias
"I can cook something that smells half as good."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Ah, it'll be good to have a cook along. I fear my skills don't include anything more than holding meat over a fire on a stick. You are most welcome among us, friend dwarf."

She smiles a little at Matthias at the proffered wink and watches the others who come inside as they enter and settle into the common room.

She turns her attention back to Matthias after a moment and observes him. I wonder if perhaps our relationship here can be a start to better relations between our two houses. I know he's only a second son, and I am the lost heir to my own house, and out here to be 'gotten rid of' so my uncle and his children have no contender for head of the house. But still, what we do here and our ability to get along might have some influence.... that is, if we both survive this. He is obviously different from what I expected of a Lebeda... he seems uninterested in profit... at least so far.


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

"I don't advice anyone to consume anything I cook, so I guess you've got yourself a job." Urah grins at the Dwarf.

"What can you tell us about these bandits sir? Are they organised or is it just a ragtag bunch? Any idea if they are part of a larger gang? Any specific goods they target?" There was some benefit in having to resort to banditry in the past, you know what things might be worth paying attention to.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

"I would also like to know what you can tell us about these bandits. I suppose we'll have to kill them."
how many npcs were with the wagon? Grym can do duty as a waggoner if necessary.
this Urah fellow seems a friendly sort - even if he does seem to think Lynk is a bit rude.

Shadow Lodge

Male

You all sit around a rather large table. The kind that would be able to seat about ten people. four on each bench and two chairs. You are given the stew of game hen, potatoes, and carrots, and a chunk of bread. oleg says, with a mouth full of stew and bread, I'd appreciate any help you can give. There are far to many of them for me to handle on me own. So can ye help me.

Svetlana speaks up I amm sorry for my husband gruff way of asking of course you would be compensated though we don;t have much. Perhaps free room and board if you help since they arrive tomorrow...

They go on explaining that
• The bandits’ first visit was 3 months ago—they threatened to burn down the trading post and abduct Svetlana for their own amusements back at their camp if the Levetons didn’t agree to hand over all of the furs and trade goods they’d accumulated over the past month from hunters and trappers.
• Since then, the bandits have returned twice more, each time within an hour of sunrise on the sevententh day of the month. The Levetons have learned to have their “taxes” ready and hand them over quickly—the bandits usually seem eager to return to their camp somewhere in the Greenbelt, which makes Svetlana think their camp is about a day’s ride away.
• The first time the bandits visited, there were a dozen of them—10 lower-ranking thugs led by a cloaked man armed with a bow, and a woman who carried two small hatchets. The woman did the majority of the talking on that first trip, and her black sense of humor and the way she smiled when she spoke of what fate would await Svetlana if the Levetons didn’t comply frightened Svetlana all the more. The woman also seemed to be particularly sharp and observant, whereas the man seemed to be a bit more crude and foolish. This, plus the fact that the woman quite nearly lopped off Oleg’s right hand with one of her hatchets in a cruel bit of mockery, convinced the Levetons that she was the most dangerous of the bandits. As it was, the woman took Svetlana’s wedding ring right off her hand and tossed it to one of her men as payment for “not shortening Oleg’s reach.”
• On the second and third visit, only the crude hooded man accompanied the bandits. The second visit, he came with only six other men, while on the third he only came with four. The Levetons suspect that the bandits have let down their guard and think the owners of the trading post are completely cowed. Hopefully, when they visit tomorrow they’ll be even fewer in number, and hopefully the scary woman with the hatchets won’t be with them.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

Grim breathes a quiet sigh of relief

Finally - a way to help.

"I'll help you kill them. I think we'll need to find out where their base is, go there, and kill them all. We'll need to look at increasing your defences to make sure this doesn't happen again. I suppose there is no local militia?"


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Excellent the others ask the questions and I sit back listening to the answers. The half-elf smiles in thought.

Xerell looks to Svetlana, "Even better then it smells, you are truly gifted my dear. Maybe you can teach the dwarf a few tricks around the cooking pot, I wish you told me earlier that you could of cooked it would made the trip more enjoyable."

"Now to our business, how big is the beasts so-called tribute? Any possibilty that we could sneak a few of us in the load? Just an different idea, not as refined as Sir Dolgringruns kill them all." He gives the dwarf a friendly smile, "Is this cloaked bowman much of a talker or does he seem not to like the Lady Hatchet? Maybe we could turn them to our side, of course if we must flex our strength we will." He pats the dwarf on the back.

Sorry about the late post, works changed the schedule 6 times in the last 3 days.


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

"Assume I can do any real job and you won't be far wrong, Zerell. If you're thinking lure them in and spring a trap I like it. Biggest problem is going to be runaways and archers. I'm an axeman by preference."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

So the Dwarf and the Half-Elf didn't even have half a brain to share between them, great. "So the next tribute is? I say we make them pay for slacking. Next time they come we'll CAPTURE at least one of them," Urah emphasised the word in an attempt to get through some thick skulls, "And we can question them as to the location of their camp and we can then take the remaining bandits by surprise."


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

sorry for not posting for so long - I'm on a retreat and very very busy. I will post as often as I can until I return home on Sunday

"I think Urah's idea is sound - we need to capture at least one of them so we can get some answers from him or them. However if worst comes to pass, I can perhaps track their path back to their camp." Raven lets slip a little of her abilities, having nothing really to hide. She does watch Matthias out of the corner of her eye for his reaction to her admission. It's not a normal skill for a Medvyed lady, for sure.


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"Yes yes capture is our main option, but if we could convert them to our side they would prove more useful. I'm sure they can be persuaded easily, these bandits are just simple folks after all."


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

"Well, all of them should know where the camp is. Torag says you can spare an enemy if you do so to gain information. Given how they threatened Oleg and Svetlana, I think they might be beyond redemption. I think we should kill them. People like that, if they join you they're just waiting to betray you."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

Torag? Now it made sense, the Dwarf was a religious nut. Torag after all was just Gozreh with a claim of decency. "In that case you'd better watch out for me dwarf, I am a former bandit after all." He sighed, "Just because their leader is wicked and beyond redemption doesn't mean the underlings are, chances are they just do as they are told. They are motivated by greed, and probably fear, not malice."


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

"Chances are" Morgrym agrees "But when you're building a wall you don't play the odds picking stones." the Dwarf quotes.

"Still, if they're bandits, odds are they're humans. If you human types think we should give them a chance I can be talked round."


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

"But we're not building a wall, now are we? I'm not saying we should accept them with open arms, that would be folly, but killing them just because we can isn't really my thing either. Our best option would be forcing them to perform labor to compensate for the damage they have done, it's just a matter of how and where. Maybe if there are farms in this area." There always was a middle road, probably. At least it would be better to have the bandits make themselves useful rather than just killing them.

Shadow Lodge

Male (HP 9; AC 19, (T 11, FF 18); saves fort 3, refl 2, will 6; melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +5, perc +6) Samsaran Cleric 1

Hmmm, maybe my parents were right, to not believe first impressions. Urah seems very abrupt at first, but there seems to be a good person in there. Morgrym can come off bloodthirsty, but is actually just extremely practical, however, given his dwarf nature, that really shouldn't surprise me. Hmmm, I shall have to meditate on this in my nightly prayers. Lynk, while lost in thought, finally catches a few points that bother him. While I agree that there is always a possibility of redemption, these bandits seem very stubborn in sticking to thier ways. Lady Hatchet in particular seems very much like she needs to face justice, as a woman who could smile cruelly at the thought of such heinous things happening to another female is not one that will renounce her ways. Another question I have for our kind hosts. Is there anyone that you have dealings with that would be willing to help? Or has everyone who has gotten wind of these happenings stayed out of the way? And lastly, do you have any spare clothing that we may be able to use to disguise ourselves as bandits? Assuming we do overpower the enemies and capture one to lead us back, the clothes on the dispatched bandits will most likely be in no condition to blend in. Any one else's thoughts on this subject?


Male Human (Chelish) Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Internal Alchemist) 1 HP: 10/10 AC: 15 FF:14 T:11 F:+3 R: +4 W:+3 Init:+1 Perc: +4

"I'd be surprised if we could even get this Hatchet woman alive. Then again, if we did I'd be for handing her over to local authority, which means she'll probably get a semblance of trial and be hanged."

The suggestion of dressing up as bandits forced a chuckle out of Urah, "You do realise that there is no such thing as a "bandit uniform"? Bandits simply use the best things they can get their hands on, so every thing could be bandit clothes, especially now we're all still dusty from the trip."

Nothing to do, so chain posts yay

Shadow Lodge

Male

Sventlana interrupts, um, excuse me good sirs, and lady, but you were the ones handed the charter. That makes you the local authorities on all matters at hand.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"I was about to say that, ma'am... we are indeed the local authorities... so, that said, it is up to us what justice we hand out to these bandits."

Shadow Lodge

Male

Svetlana speaks, Well they arrive tomorrow, we usually leave the goods in the center of the town. If I can be of any more service, please, let me know. With that she gets up and begins gathering the dishes.


HP 9; AC 14, (T 11, FF 13); saves fort 3, refl 1, will 5 (); melee 0, ranged 1; CMB 0, CMD 11; init +1, perc +7 human druid/1

"Maybe we could lure them to the center of town with something that looks like your tribute - boxes, barrels, bags, whatever, but empty, or filled with hay or something - and when they come to get it... we ambush them."


HP-8 : AC-16 (T-12 FF-14) Init-+4, Saves Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+4 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"This Lady Hatchet will not be offered redemption, it is her cruelty I want use in recruiting the others." He looks to them all, "From what our hosts have told us, she has a large thirst for blood and violence. Even her daily banditry probably doesn't quench it, and who do you think gets the tail end of it....Her men. Ruling by fear and brute force is barbaric way of leading your forces, but it has it's many flaws. Such as a stronger force coming in and offering better treatment for those that join it. This Lady Hatchet will basically give us her troops with out even knowing it, as long as we can get them to believe we are the stronger force." He looks to the dwarf and the nobleman, "Which shouldn't be hard." He snickers.

He replies to Raven's idea, "I agree on an ambush, we should have people hidden near the doors to cut off escape. I think it should be the two strong ones over there." He points to the dwarf and Noble man. "I'm thinking having two of us dressed in the garb of our hosts and be by the offering. I was going to offer myself, because I wish to speak with them and think I could keep there attention long enough to get the doors closed."


Forgemaster of Torag 2 HP 17/17 AC 19

"It's a good plan" the dwarf allows "But we need a contingency in case they leave someone outside."

1 to 50 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DaWay's Kingmaker - Stolen Land Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.