Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


7,901 to 7,947 of 7,947 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra eagerly steps inside the Turtleback Inn, ready to get the party started, but is rather surprised to see so few in attendance.

"Indeed the ogres are slain, but where is everybody? I was hoping to have a nice celebration here to honor Cayden Cailean for getting us through safe and sound! Don't tell me they are all out getting ready to bury us!"


Male Human Paladin 8

"They're dead. Every single one. By blade or by spell they all fell until Fort Rannick was occupied only by silence and the stench of the freshly dead." Karlan perks up a bit and adds. "So, if you would be so kind as get a bath drawn with soap I'd appreciate it."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha nods:
Yup, all the ogres are dead. But, it is a tale that is too gruesome to tell. When I write of this, some artistic license shall have to be allowed.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

DMZZ are we headed towards the same inn as the rest of the group?


"'Tis sad news that I missed any opportunity to lay my mitts on giant kind. My frost giant's tooth has not been garnering the prestige it once did in our hallowed halls."


@Bree, sure!

The barkeep puts the tankard he was holding down and massages his forehead

Good news...indeed...but...well the mood is a bit overcast here in Turtleback Ferry by the fact that two winged monstrosities, snakelike somehow, have been attacking the city since the day you left...at first they were met by some manticores who tried to drive them away, but the manticores didn't stand much of a chance and now no one is safe in the open...And...yeah...some of us had the idea that the sudden appearance of those two monsters might be somehow connected to your crusade against Fort Rannick...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Recalling the incident with the nagas, Celestra quickly becomes grim as she turns to look at Harry. She wonders how than can possibly deal with those snakelike monstrosities.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks over at Harry and Karlan.
Sounds like our friend the lamia matriarch is back, and this time she brought her sister. I think it is time that we ended this friendship.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I look forward to resting my axe in them" Harry offers, rather dourly.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha grins at the half-orc:
You always did enjoy entertaining the ladies and their sisters. Although I thought you preferred using a club.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree enters the inn and looks around, spotting Harry she heads first to the bar. "May I please buy a bottle of rum? And two glasses, please?"

Assuming that's no problem, just tell me the cost.

Bree pays them and removes her hood. She takes the glasses and rum and approaches Harry's table. Saying nothing she sets the two glasses down next to him and pours two drinks. She slides one in front of him and picks up the other before looking at Harry, her glass tilted as if waiting for him to toast.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Following Bree inside, Sable blinks for a few moments to allow his sight to adjust. He waits just inside the entrance.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan groans. "Fine. But bath first. If they want to come at me naked and soapy that'll only make them die fresh smelling."


"It certainly looks like you folks have found yourselves in a reunion of sorts."


The barkeep grunts in agreement and puts the bottle on the bar.

For a moment he just beholds your reunion, then remarks dourly A nice bunch of...yeah of what? Heroes? By now you didn't do much to help Turtleback Ferry...just made everything worse...


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha cocks her eyebrow at the barkeep's statement.
Would you have preferred being torn apart while alive and then eaten raw while you heart still beats? That is what the ogres would have likely done. From the sounds of things, most of Turtleback Ferry are still alive. Alive you can rebuild. Dead, not so much.


Male Human Paladin 8

Is KArlan going to get his bath in the enxt 5 days?


The barkeep grunts and shakes his head Well rebuilding isn't very appealing when monsters soar above your head, ready to strike down every moment... looking at Karlan's stony face he remembers the paladin's wish for a bath

Ah yeah...I'll prepare your room...and bath.


"Well, while the boy is getting the ogre funk off his soul, what about the rest of ya? Sounds like we quite a problem and need to move on it."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Barkeep wrote:
"A nice bunch of...yeah of what? Heroes? By now you didn't do much to help Turtleback Ferry...just made everything worse..."

"So what would you have us do? Sit back and let evil run rampant across this land?Do you think we actually enjoy risking our lives and putting ourselves in harm's way. I think you underestimate how much enjoyment I get out of visiting with friends and sharing a drink in one of Cayden Cailean's shrines!"

"Although the situation may appear worse at the moment, you need to trust that these brave deeds will make the world a better place!"


The barkeep shrugs and raises an empty tankard

Well, this inn here is not what you would call a shrine of Cayden...yet still the best place here to have a beer...anyway, I don't expect you to do anything - neither sitting back, nor running around brandishing your swords, shields, banners or whatsoever. I just want Turtleback Ferry to become the nice border town again it was before you came here and started killing ogres and all that stuff...

Still shaking his head he guides you up to your rooms, cozy double rooms imitating the style of hunting lodges.

Baths will be ready withing minutes, ye need anything else?


Male Human Paladin 8

"About a thousand years of sleep." Karlan says. "But nothing else otherwise, thank you."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry makes his toast "To pending plunder" he smiles.

"I see the message got out about whats been going on, well let me start filling in the rest of it. Some filthy lot have decided they like some Rune loving overlords that once kicked about these parts and have been into all sorts of dark, sick and twisted magic whilst reviving their old ways. And we are going to stop 'em, thats a fact"

"It's been a while since I left Riddleport, hired out as a tough on the Slippery Eel as it carried merchant goods along the coast. One night she went beneath the waves as she was a tied old bird and decided to take a nap. Thumper got me out..." he points to the enormously overgrown Rottweiler "and we made it ashore. I made it to Sandpoint with my trousers, a tree branch, and that dog. The locals took me in and gave me a fresh go earning an honest copper and I thought I had found a slice of paradise away from the edge of Riddpleport, until the filthy bastards we're after sent a wave of Goblins in to raid a festival."

Harry looks at the rum and then intently at the fire. "It's to be a bit of Riddleport justice, some good old bloody minded revenge"

"The little rats ran everywhere and were stabbing everyone, it was a bloodbath, worse than the sort of turf wars Clegg and Zincher would ever be involved in... the screams... the children... the things went after the children. I still remember her face, the blood, her hair, the look of panic in her eyes as the numbness overtook her and I couldn't stop the blood, I couldn't stop it and it was everywhere and on me and on her! She dies in my arms and big tough Harry couldn't do nothing, he failed. So I took my stick and Thumper and with a bunch of other likely lads we smashed every Goblin skull we could find and then went looking for some more. That girl was buried on a hill, a really pretty little graveyard, and this..." he puts a small earthenware jug on the table "is soil from her grave, and you know what I tell you this - we've lost some damn good men fighting our way through this wave of evil, and when I get to the root of it and find the pr1ck responsible her death, I'm going to ram that jug of dirt right up his arse. Any questions?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree listens to Harry's tale in her usual stoic manner, glancing at Thumper when Harry indicates the dog. Anger flashes across her face ever so briefly when he talks about the goblin raids and a frown pulls down her mouth just as briefly when he talks of the girls death. More emotion than Harry's ever seen on Bree's face in one sitting.

She pours them both another drink, downs it and then replies. "Well, I'm not bloody well going to tell you everything that I've been through since I last saw you. 'Least not in front of a bunch of people I don't know. All you need to know is that I got your message, and I'm here. Oh, also, we found him, Harry. We found Brandon. He's recovering with a cleric friend I made in his home village." She motions back towards the door beckoning Kabal and Sable forward, "Anyway, this lot helped me find him and they've come here with me to help you. They're my family now, so take them or we all walk."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"A Cleric friend? There's a first. Good news on Brandon though, a small miracle, and so I'll happily take on board you and your crew as you are obviously blessed. If only you brought a half a dozen of Riddleports best quickwives with you too then we'd all be blessed"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"Hey, don't knock the cleric. He's family, too. Things back home are a little shaky right now." Bree says before glancing at those with Harry."Nothing you need to worry about right now, we can talk about it later."

She motions to the tall, brutish looking human with her, "Harry, this is Kabal. Kabal, Harry." Then she turns to the odd elf and his super creepy raven, "Sable meet Harry, Harry this is Sable. Oh, and er, Korax." Bree says still not looking the bird in the eyes.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"A pleasure to meet you all." Sable chuckles, "It seems that even after all this time, Bree isn't accustomed to my feathered friend."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"The bird talks, Sable. And it always looks like it would like to feast on my eyeballs. I'm trying, I really am. I haven't even wanted to stab him in ages and sometimes I feed him."

After a thoughtful pause, "He only understands Elven, right? Don't tell him I said that. He's growing on me, really."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Bree hasn't changed I see. If she hasn't wanted to stab something in a while I'd almost consider it a case of affection"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree scowls and crosses her arms beneath her breasts.


"Only question I have, young Harry, is when we plan to get moving? No need to let them roll this town till there is nothing left to defend, eh?"


Male Human Paladin 8

Returning from his bath freshly scrubbed in every orifice his armor in a sack Karlan takes a seat at the table and takes a good look around as he pulls out the breastplate and starts the work of cleaning off the dried gore. "Evening. Lot's of people I've never seen before. Are introductions in order?"

Karlan turns and looks at Harry.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Agreed. One can never have too many friends. For those of you that I have not met, I am Celestra. I am always pleased to meet a friend of Harry's."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree eyes the other woman for a moment before replying simply, "I'm Bree."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"I am Sable Eboncrow, a pleasure. My feathered companion is Korax. We are at your service."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha listens to the others:
I am Ailetha. I have been traveling with Celestra, Karlan and Harry for a while, trying to record their exploits and keep everyone educated on the powers that seem to be behind the horrors we have seen, or at least the horrors that someone, or something, is attempting to raise.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Sir Karlan, this is Bree of Riddleport. Bree, Sir Karlan. I trust you both, and I know you can work together, and it will be more of a truce - Bree does things like I do things and it isn't always pretty, but at least the heart is generally in the right place. And when it comes to ferreting out the evil bastards trying to do us all in, I know I can rely on Bree to be in it through thick and thin and to the bitter end"

"This Sable fellow cant be all bad if he's been with Bree a while and is still walking and talking, in my estimation... and who doesn't trust a Dwarf eh?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree nods her head to Ailetha, and then again to Sir Karlan. "A pleasure. I've known Harry for many, many years. He sent out a message, I'm here to help as I can." Then to Harry, "Aye, the end is always bitter, isn't it?"


"Mostly greenskins and giants, Harry.", Thornson says with a wink. "For those of you are predisposed to take Harry's glowing recommendation, I am Thornson Ironfingers. I've been acquainted with the young knight since he was a just a young squire and with Harry for a number of years laying low a number of giant uprisings in that time. Heard they were operating in the area and their were some giant-kind doing the same. Figured what better time to catch up with some old friends and add a few trophies to my clan hall."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Bree Longfield wrote:
Bree eyes the other woman for a moment before replying simply, "I'm Bree."

"It's nice to meet you," Celestra replies with a warm smile. "I'm always glad to meet a friend of Harry's. So have you adventured with Handsome before?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"We, ah, grew up together. Kinda. I wouldn't really say that I've 'adventured' with him before, though. Fought off a few thugs trying to rough up some of the local women, sure. Defended territory, yeah. Adventured, though, no not really."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well, you are in for a treat now! Ogres and beasts really don't stand a chance against him. I just stay back and offer my healing services, but the enemy is always in much worse shape by the end of the battle than Harry ever has been. He sure is useful to keep around in a fight!"

"So you've run into thugs roughing up local woman?! I can be pretty patient with most things, but I wouldn't put up with that for a minute. That stuff just infuriates me. Harry may be the rough and tough sort, but above all, he is a gentleman."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"Gentleman Harry, eh?" Bree's lip twitches up into an amused smile. "Riddleport can be an unfriendly place. I'm not surprised, Harry always has been able to hold his own in a fight."


Male Human Paladin 8

"Most of the giants are dead or fleeing." Karlan says pulling out a breastplate and scrubbing it. "I'm Sir Karlan as has already been mentioned. Can't say I don't welcome the help but I can't say it's been an easy time either. On top of the giants we've had ghouls, lamias, murder cultists and nigh everything else trying to kill us."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"I suppose that means you're doing something right."


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan laughs though it doesn't seem to have much humor in it. "You're right. In my profession if something isn't coming for you or you for it you're not doing your job."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"And yet you're still alive, so job well done."

7,901 to 7,947 of 7,947 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.