Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


4,801 to 4,850 of 7,947 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Celestra Zomesco wrote:
" then the only other flying females I can think of are celestial."

"Like Nualia the Aasimar?"

Harry keeps looking about, moving towards any cover.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Could be an illusion, could be using magic to hide her true nature, could be a fallen angel. However, she has every appearance of a succubus. In addition, she has just sent six dopplegangers to their death against a holy paladin. Either she is possessed, or she is evil. I vote for the later considering all the strange incidents we have had over the past few days.


Again there comes a giggle from the smoke cloud but a split second later the succubus fades away and the source of the laughter seems to come from the tower side.

Not bad, not bad! the bell-like voice sounds overly amused You are a really entertaining bunch! slowly, the real Xanesha hovers up to you. Her body consists of that of a large snake creature and the torso and head of a woman. Her face however is hidden behind a golden mask and you can only guess that it is also human.

Why I don't care about the Skinsaw Brotherhood? Havent you already guessed it? I serve a much more powerful master and without knowing it the Skinsaw cultists sacrificed him dozens of souls even though they thought to serve their lord Norgorber, tee-hee!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry stays wary of the spectacle, but maintains his course of action looking for cover.


Male Human Uber Nerd

dotting to keep track! *flees*


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"Like Nualia the Aasimar?"

"Well, now that you mention her, she wasn't very good now either. Harry, do you always attract good girls gone bad?"

Xanesha wrote:
"Why I don't care about the Skinsaw Brotherhood? Havent you already guessed it? I serve a much more powerful master and without knowing it the Skinsaw cultists sacrificed him dozens of souls even though they thought to serve their lord Norgorber, tee-hee!"

"I had a feeling that you didn't work for Norgorber, but tell me, if you don't serve him, then who do you work for? It certainly isn't Cayden Cailean!"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I take em good or bad, of course bad is easier"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

She serves a Runelord, or wants to think that she does. Greed if I am not mistaken, this is why she had her Skinsaw lackeys hunting down those in the financial industry, both high and low. She wanted sacrifices of those who were greedy. Fortunately her master is not a power in the undead world, which will be important when she is dead in a few minutes.

Knowledge(planes, arcana, religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 <-- what is she?


Ailetha:

She is a lamia- a rare sort of serpent-lamia to be exact. You are not sure how powerful she is, but you expect the worst.

Xanesha's eyes flash with anger and she points the tip of her spear at Ailetha. Slowly she hovers closer and lands on the tower top, suddenly surrounded by several mirrored images

Shut up, whore! I have just realized that you already know much more than you should - I will end your insignificant existences now and give your souls to Karzoug!

Ready for initiative?


Male Human Paladin 8

"Right then if that's how it's gong to work. EVERYONE OFF THIS ROOF AND DOWNSTAIRS! NOW!"

Like hells I'm fighting a monstrous spellcaster whose had time to buff on a slippery rooftop in the rain while she can fly. I say we take this fight somewhere where mand and harry are practically on top of her while she has no room to cast and no buffs to back her up.


Wait? Is that the paladin calling for retreat?! :)


Male Human Paladin 8

Retreat so that none of his friends die and evil can be vanquished on more favorable ground on better terms? Yes. :P I'm not playing a stupid paladin. Karlan might not bea spellcaster but he knows his way around them. Being blown off the roof by some spell, or get charmed and throw himself off, or simply get ripped to pieces because she can fly adn our archery is crap are all things Karlan would very much not like to do.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry seems to see the logic and immediately prepares to move...

She goping to do something about us zipping indoors? How far away from us is she and does it look like shes getting set to charge in?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

She is a lamia, some type of a serpent lamina if I am correct. I think that fighting her on our terms would be preferable.

Everyone Jump.

I cast Feather Fall (instantaneous) - targets 1/level, so that is all five of us, and then jump off the roof (or off the inside stairs if that is easier.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"If you say so!

Normally if somebody tells me to jump off a bridge I wouldn't listen to her, but in Ailetha's case, I think she has he right idea!"

"Look out beloooooooooooooow!"

Celestra heeds the bard's advice and jumps.


Male Human Paladin 8

"I've heard worse ideas." Karlan mutters as he steps off the ledge after the others have made their jump.


The bell-like laughter follows you as you jump over the edge of the tower, but to your relief, Xanesha stays there - she seems satisfied with defending her territory - still you're sure that she won't stay here now that you know her secret lair.

Like feathers you glide to the slippery ground, a feeling of defeat nagging at your hearts...


Sitting in a nearby doorway, Kessan watched as the group of adventures quite literally fell from the sky. The guard captain who had told him of the murders, and this group of investigators, had neglected to mention this particular ability.

Kessan stood, and calmly walked over to those who had landed. He stood for a moment, his hands clasped behind his back, and then spoke.

"My name is Kessan. I am a special agent of the Magnimar Guard hired to investigate the murders, which you all seem to be doing as well."

Glancing up at where the roof of the tower would be, Kessan sighed.

"So, he began "Can I ask why you were falling from the sky after entering the tower? What did you find in there? More like Ironbriar?"

He simply stands quietly after this, waiting to see how the group responds.

Did I hear the laughter over the storm? If needed:

Perception Check 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


No, the sound of heavy rain drops hitting roofs and cobbles has drowned Xanesha's laughter.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Think you missed the question above, and thats good because it sounds like harry got what he wanted, to be forgotten :)

Except Harry never jumped.

Harry had been moving into cover whilst the conversation with the demon taking place, then he was observing the new creature as it appeared watching it carefully for an opportunity to take it from a flank or at least unaware.

Harry heard the call for retreat into the tower and was readying himself to run in, but was still studying the things body language to determine its likely action so he could determine his... one eye on the doorway they were going to retreat through, one eye on the creature - Harry never expected his friends to jump OFF the tower.

Harry is still in his position, ready to move, and apparently forgotten.

What roll do you need me made to murder the silly thing as it sits there laughing at all Harry's friends - obviously it forgot to count as they jumped! :)


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Harry, you got 5 rounds of feather fall if you wish to partake.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Thats why I was asking where she was and what she was doing. If he can catch her unwares hes likely to do anything from just rush and dog hit her and just try murderise her completely, through to (if shes watching your descent) rush and grab her and take her over the edge.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Handsome Harry, the man who bull rushed a lamia over a cliff.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

LOL that would be pretty funny, but he's up for at least making a passing shot... no way he came all the way up this tower and then leaving without at least one handfull of her ass


Male Human Paladin 8

Well, she's mirror imaged plus she has fly. The big reason Karlan wanted to back off and come back was the chance to catch her unaware later and start murdering her face off when she wasn't so buffed. You know what? If you pile drive her headfirst in the pavement I would have to mark that as among the most epic moment in gaming ever. We'd resurrect you on the off chance we need someone to pile drive a dragon off a mountain.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Your lack of faith in the Force is disturbing. Mirror image? Funny, thing about that is that you have better odds just shutting your eyes and swinging blind. Oh well, seems few are keen on Harry's crazy escapade... wonder where her actual lair is in here, or is she just visiting the tower?


Male Human Paladin 8

Might not matter at this point. She'll likely just fly away and hunt us down later at her leisure. Or ambush us. It's unfortunate we lost our ranger as it woudl take a really high survival roll to track her. Maybe the tower has clues on where to grab her later?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Yeah that's why I'm wondering what we missed, if this is her Lair then where's her Lair?


Xanesha was so amused by the little humans jumping off the twower roof that she really forgot to count - one human more or less was of no significance. So Harry was able to hide in the shadows of the rookery.

You may attack her from behind, but don't forget that she has the mirrored images and maybe even more defensive spells


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Does Harry have clear line of effect for a charge? and was there any other doors or rooms up here or were we on the roof proper?


Only the rookery. Yes, Harry has a clear path.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

OK re-read Bullrush, seems if old Harry blows it he gets stopped short. I was hoping if he missed he might still go over the edge, but as it turns out he'd be dropping initiative dice with her shortly after - that might end real bad.

"F**k" mutters Harry in annoyance, he then steps over the side.


There goes the heroic moment :)


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Thats just taunting. In the last hour I have read just about every rule to try get away with a heroic action, seems you can't. Was hoping I'd nail her with a Bullrush and take her over the side. Can't. Was hoping Bullrush would force her to make a Fly check, but shes no doubt Size L (size M it would be a DC25 fly check or hit the pavement below) Grapple doesn't work, nor does Drag. Dirty trick was about the only thing he could pull (Blind) but then what? Grrrr for anti-heroics


Don't be sad, at least you have an arch enemy now!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Because Harry's list was too short.

Arriving with the others, Harry just looks irritated.

"She either has to leave now, flying, or try get out of here later on the ground. Reckon we keep this place surrounded and if she's dumb enough not to flee right now then we get to smash the lesson into her"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Kessen wrote:
"My name is Kessan. I am a special agent of the Magnimar Guard hired to investigate the murders, which you all seem to be doing as well."

"Hi there, Kessan! You're a cute fella. My name is Celestra Zomesco, and these are my friends. It is a pleasure to meet you. Normally I would offer you a drink and chat for a while, but we just escaped with our lives from some she demon of sorts. If you were wise, you would pull out some kind of weapon. I don't think this is over yet."

"Oh good, here comes Harry Handsome now. I was not sure if he was going to jump or not. He is not one who likes to back down from a fight. My job has been to make sure that he is always healed up and well refreshed. So far, that plan has kept us alive through the worst of places!"


Kessan gets a half smile of sorts and looks up at the falling half orc. "I am a weapon. And no one has ever called me cute...But thanks." He then grimces, and glances at the group trying to see if he can figure out their condition.

Perception to see how banged up they appear? 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Male Human Paladin 8

"Oh wonderful a person who thinks he's a weapon" Karlan sighs. "Alright well I'm sure we'll find an ogre to wield you at some point Agent Kessan. We retreated because we have a magicked up spellcaster on the roof with a wicked looking spear and a lot of muscle."


As you peer up to the tempest-tossed tower pinnacle, you can make out a shadowy silhouette flying up to the Irespan and out of your vision. It seems like Xanesha has fled...before you are able to react to her flight, you hear the trampling of boots - the sergeant and his cohort of guards are back...

You, over there! Still looking for sights? Residents have reported of battle sounds!

the man seems rather annoyed than alarmed, but as soon as he spots Perdition, he begins to smile again.


Kessan stares for a moment at Karlan, and then lets out a laugh just as the guards arrive. "Me...wielded by an ogre? Now that is a funny image!' He smiles, and holds up his hands. "Let me explain this a bit better..."

Using 2 uses of my 5 for Elemental Fist uses for the day, coating one hand in Electrical and one hand in Fire

Suddenly Kessan's hands spark and crackle with energy as his left hand is suddenly covered with sparking electrical discharge. His right hand however is covered by crackling flame. The energy stays for several seconds before winking out.

"When I saw I am a weapon I mean my body is. I can hit as hard with my hands and feet as you can with your sword, I wager. Possibly harder if I use my ki to charge myself with energy like I just did. Does that explain my statement a bit better?" Glancing over at the Captain, Kessan nods a greeting, and then looks back into the sky as if trying to discern where the demon creature could have flown.

While doing so, Kessan says "I have no idea what happened inside the tower by the way. I was out here."

Perception to see if I can figure out roughly where the demon went?


Up to the Irespan, the rain obscures her exact location now.

THe sergeant looks at Kessan's fists...shakes his head and waits for an answer.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry ignores the conversation, his blood still risen in anger.

"I'm going back in then"

With that, he starts heading back up the tower.


"Hold on one second... Harry I believe. I will join you. Kessan quickly catches up to Harry quickly and easily and follows him in, his hands clasped behind his back.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha simply shrugs.

Back up the tower it is. I can use that feather fall a few more times if necessary.

I follow the group up and ready an action to begin Inspire Courage if/when we see the Lamia.


The sergeant stays with Perdition - he's still spellbound by the gnome...The tower interior is a total mess. The collapsed stairs and the destroyed bell have formed a field of debris and rubble and you have absolutely no idea how to cross the distance between you and the door leading to the roof about 100 ft above you.


Kessan looks at the wreckage and sighs. Then he begins to check and see about climbing up.

How long would it take him to climb up to the door with a rope?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Going to have to go get a grapple and come climbing gear it looks" The resigned frustration is apparent on Harry's face - there will be no bloodbath today.


Kessan smiles and looks over at the half orc. "I may be able to climb without the gear. How about this?" Kessan turns to the people who went back inside.

"I will stay here and do my best to get up to the top. You all go back and report to the captain about what happened. If you wish, one of you could stay with me if you do not trust me, and I would not blame you." Taking a breath, Kessan glances upwards and continues. "Regardless of my success or failure, I will return within, say, 3 hours time, to meet you at your current base? Does that sound agreeable? I may be the best equipped for this sort of thing." He stands patiently, waiting to see what the others say.

Assuming they agree, he will take 20 on his climb checks if possible which grants him a 30 total. If not, tell me how many climb checks I need to make please.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Whats the DC of the Climb, seems Kessan and Harry are basically the same Climb skill, so bewteen the pair and Harrys rope he already has they could probably get up there easy enough. Would mean leaving a few people behind though

"Captain? I don't report to him" Harry is still clearly sour from missing his fight.

4,801 to 4,850 of 7,947 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.