Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


4,551 to 4,600 of 7,870 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Thank you, but I am afraid that we must delay that warm grog until later. We need to talk with someone. The chances that she will be home are much better on a day like today. If everyone stays home, then that is where we will find her.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan smiles at the kind words but shakes his head. "Their work doesn't stop jut because the weathers bad. And neither does ours. Iomedae's light's still there just behind the clouds." With that KArlan pushes open the door and girds himself for the worst. "Besides." He says quietly to his companions. "The weather can help cover our approach to the tower. I feel they will have been alerted of our presence in the city by now."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra looks disappointed to hear her companions decline the offer of warm grog. "Are you sure that we should head out in this weather? Nothing really beats a raining day to hang out by the fire and drink warm grog! Maybe we should wait until it clears up just a little. Besides, I haven't really had much time to practice my flute today!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Do you want to tell the children of the next victim of these Skinsaw Thasollian adherents that their papa is dead because you decided to drink warm grog and practice your flute?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"A rainy day is a good day for business. A good Captain that can find his way in the fog is an asset to a crew set on finding the merchantman lost and alone, all the better to spring in from the mists and catch the prey unawares. Same with this miserable lot, they won't be liking the rain a lot, so we have a better chance of catching them indorrs and not finding they stepped out for a picnic."

"Lest there be any other pressing matters landing in our laps, we should set to getting wet and uncomfortable, theres bloody work to be done"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:
"Do you want to tell the children of the next victim of these Skinsaw Thasollian adherents that their papa is dead because you decided to drink warm grog and practice your flute?"

"Well . . . . no, not exactly. But I'm just saying that it is nice to have a balanced life and not have to spend all of our time chasing murderers. It can really wreck havoc on my energy level and natural excitement for life! You certainly don't want a gloomy aura do you? I was just thinking that if we had some warm grog that I would feel better about chasing the bad guys. However, I suppose you're right. We should get rid of these Sicko Skinsaws first, then enjoy ourselves after!"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"We have one last lair to clear, then we drink Miss Zomesco"


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"I might have a drink in any case! Never tried these things we do whilst enjoying a beverage or too, hahaha."

I needed to add a Stunstone to my purchases. Are we getting the gear when we get back or do we have it now?


Now - it's all mailorder gear.

The way to the district, knows as Shadow to the inhabitants of Magnimar, leads you through narrow alleys, past backyards, and the harbour district. THe Bazaar of Sails as it is called in the city is empty, since the pouring rain makes working on the slippery surfaces of the ships too risky and only the most daunting or desperate sailors load or unload their vessels.

Until you reach the Shadow you haven't met a single pair of guards, but now that you reach the district which is shielded from sun and rain by the Irespan above it, you nearly run into a large group of them. Their sergeant, a weathered man beyond his forties calls his soldiers for a halt and says gruffly

What does a band of heavily armed men and women want in the Shadow?

he obviously regards you for some troublemaking band of mercenaries...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Good morning, Sergeant! I am Celestra Zomesco and the boys and I and just doing a little sightseeing. We want to take a look at the Irespan. That is a most impressive structure don't you think? . . . . Much like yourself. I assure you these weapons are purely for self defense, but to be honest, our bark is much worse than our bite!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


The sergeant seems rather dumbfounded by your blunt explanation

Uh...the Irespan? he turns around to eye the massive structure

Not the best weather for a stroll, eh?


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"No better, in fact!", Perdition booms in.


The sergeant arches an eyebrow and grins

Hey, a gnome! Look guys, a gnome!

he repeat and points at Perdy.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Not only a gnome, but the gnome. Lord Perdition Banderflash, ruler of the flame and all things ignitable! Pleased to make your fine acquaitance my good man.", he says with a flourish.

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


And he's famous, too!

the sergeant shouts.

Lord Banderflash, I have heard so many stories about your kin and since I was a boy I always wanted to speak to one of yours. Please, can you tell me a gnomish saying?!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I manage to avoid laughing and avoid having the guard notice me rolling my eyes. But I decide to let Perdy have his fun, at least until he starts to make trouble. I figure there is not much he can burn down in this rain.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan audibly groans and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Well Lord Banderflash needs to meet with his supplicants inside the shadowclock and share with them the wisdom of fire. Come m'lord you know your powers don't work if you get too soggy!"

Karlan almost growls the last words.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha whispers to nobody in particular: Soggy between the ears that is.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Ooohhhh, the life of one so amazing as myself! Find me later I shall ehtrall you with stories of how I managed to rescue this group you see with me froman evil goblin king. Had them all in one big sack, he did! But, my good sir here is correct and I must be going. Before I go let give you this. The magic will fade in time, though it will serve you for a time." Conjuring up a light spell upon a piece of silver, Perdition flips to the good sergeant as they toward the structure. "I look forward to seeing soon, my good lad.", he calls over his shoulder.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I cast Detect Insanity on Perdition.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

:) I love PF gnomes.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry allows himself a bit of a grin at the inappropriate antics of the Gnome. Enough time to be serious shortly when he has to hack someone to death with his axe.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Now Lord Banderflash, we really must get you to your meeting. If we do not, your flame may start burning for other gnomes.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Yes, yes I do suppose we should get this dullness out of the way,my dear wife.", he says almost laughing at this last bit.


The sergeant nods earnestly and says

Yes Lord Banderflash. But I have to warn you, the Shadow is a most dangerous area and all kinds of scum hide in the dark corners and narrow alleys. Watch out and take care!

With this last words of warning he and his men leave and you continue on your way to the Shadowclock.

The sergeant was right - the Shadow is not a nice place to be and dark figures always seem to follow and watch you from safe places. However, they back away as a large square opens before you. In its centre, like a large raised finger, stands the Shadowclock. An old belltower adorned with creepy looking gargoyles made from black basalt. Parts of the brickwork are damaged or even missing and the whole structure reminds you of a wounded animal.

There is a rotten wooden door, hanging in rusty hinges and the floor around the tower's ground floor is littered with stones and broken shingles.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Alternate entrance you think?" Karlan says turning to the others.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Are there any stores or shops or people around who we could talk with? I know it is raining, but someone must be about who does not look like a complete slime.

If so, I will go and about the Shadowclock and whether there is any way into it other than through the rotten front door.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 <-- to determine whether the person I am talking with is telling the truth.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Just to ensure that the jokers in the shadows are knowing what they are dealing with, Perdition puts on a little show of force. Letting loose with a little elemental fire to light his pipe.

1 use of elemental fire and a bit of Intimidation. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Seargeant wrote:
" Watch out and take care!"

"Thank you, Sergeant! We most certainly will!"

Celestra walks up to the Shadowclock and looks around to see if there is another entrance besides the rotten wooden door.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Assuming there is no other visible entrance, Celestra draws her rapier, and uses it to carefully push the rotten door open with her blade while standing as far away as possible.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Reminds me of the back streets in Riddleport, nothing pleasant ever found in any of 'em and a great place not to be after dark"

"If you don't object Miss Zomesco, perhaps you'd allow me to take the lead forward in this one eh?"

Harry quietly slips past her and gets to work, clearly at home with this sort of work.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 - Looking for traps/enemies.
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
""If you don't object Miss Zomesco, perhaps you'd allow me to take the lead forward in this one eh?"

"Please, be my guest! I certainly have no interest in meeting my demise by some ancient poisonous dart or some such trap!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

You guys do realize I was trying to get some info on this place from diplomacy before we charge in with guns ablaze.


Male Orc Expert 5

Don't look at me I'm just gettign ready to tackle the gnome when he sets the whole place on fire.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry was following Celestra, its a better view than follwoing Karlan. After that nature and nurture kind of took over


Ailetha's keen eyes spot a nearby beggar sitting in a makeshift tent made from two old barrels and a dirty piece of cloth. The man grimaces as you come closer and stammers

I don' wan' no trouble!

But as soon as you assure him that you only have some questions, he relaxes a bit and explains

You wan' in that tower? Mus' be crazy, eh? It's haunted...at night you can hear the wails of the ghosts and strange beasts wonder its stairwells...how to get in? There's only that one fron' door.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Taking up his new magical device in his hands , the gnomes eyes narrow on the door the old bum is pointing to. "We going in hot or cold, Harry?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry already half way through the door and looking about gives Perdition a smile and places a finger to his lips to signal quiet, he then beckons Perdition forward to light up any enemies Harry might be about to surprise.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Moving quickly to Harry's side a furious grin splits his face. Nodding excitedly the gnome begins to eminate bits of ember from his hands as he calls up his soul fire for ready use.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Heading to work. Thursday's suck due to briefings that rob me of my morning. DMPC Perdition if necessary to move us along. I have my selective rod ready and will use burning hands to catch as many baddens as possible if they happen to be lurking on the other side of this door.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra smiles at the gnome and his zest for life and simply smiles to herself. "Get over here Ailetha! Just give the beggar a coin and come and join us! The real action appears to be down here!"


Male Human Paladin 8

Sword at the ready Karlan mumbles a silent prayer before preparing to leap into the fray once more.


The amount of typos I produce correlates with the earliness of the day, hooray!

As Harry cautiously pushes the tower's door open a icy gust of wind greets you and there is a strange moaning coming from the top of the structure.

The ground floor consists of one large room with several alcoves on its eastern side. The floor is uneven littered with more debris. A stony stairwell leads up into the darkness of the higher levels.

Shadowclock


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I say thank you to the beggar and give him 2 gp so that he can get a warm meal and hopefully a dry place to sleep, at least for one night.

I then follow the rest to the Shadowclock. Once inside I immediately cast Detect Magic. I assume that Karlan is doing the same with Detect Evil.

Quietly - Lets check the alcoves and then move up. Floor by floor so that there is nothing behind us.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry stealthily moves to check each room in an anti-clockwise direction.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Perdition shadows the half-orc looking for a reason to light up the first threat he sees.

Stealth 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Human Paladin 8
Ailetha Aurcalam wrote:
I assume that Karlan is doing the same with Detect Evil.

Nope. Everytime he uses it it's brought nothing but regret.

Quietly - "Remember we're guardsmen here." Karlan says to his edgy compatriots not too far from said edge himself.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"He can take the fun out of every experience..., Perditiion whispers to Harry as they creep around the room.


The first room is empty, only piles of rubble and plaster sit upon the
floor. The next room does not look much different, but as Harry enters the third room...

Perception Dc 25 Harry:
Suddenly there is a movement in the darkness and a large blade appears out of nowhere - pass a reflex save dc 17 to dodge.

Perception Dc 20 Ailetha:

Suddenly you sense a change in the metamagic spectrum. Something is in front of Harry, hiding in the shaodws.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Geez obviously didn't like my 30 perception check above eh?

Perception - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 (Darkvision) + Uncanny Dodge & Evasion.

4,551 to 4,600 of 7,870 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.