Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


4,501 to 4,550 of 7,962 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Good stuff. Will have to look into this tonight.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

23000/5=4600 each.
I assume if you are cashing in old gear to buy new it is at the standard 50% trade in value. Harry is going to order up a +1 Mith BP... Ive been saving, and now its a sexy possibility!

Suppose we deal with any sticky questions later :p


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Hrhr now you're rich and I can unleash the dragons!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Rich!? Well now we are starting to look a bit respectable, better than the underpants and a chair leg I started with :p Release the Dragons, but hold the Kraken plz kthx.

Annoying other question, but if I wanted to swap out my old +1 Axe and buy a Silversheen +1 Axe, do I have to sell the old one at half price and buy the new one at full retail, or can I just pay the difference? :p


Just pay the difference, this half-orc knows a lot of skilled smiths^^


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry has connections... "I know a guy" as the Sczarni would say...

+1 Mith Agile BP, and Silversheening of his axe.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Guard wrote:
"I have to admit that I never heard the name "Xanesha" before, and I doubt we have records about her. She must be either new to the city or a master of secrecy."

"Well tell me, my good sir. Have you even heard of the Skinsaw Brotherhood up to this point? They all seem to be masters of secrecy! Sir Karlan, is there anything else that we need to tell these fine gentlemen before we depart?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Will figure what I want. I need better armor, not sure what else.


Male Human Paladin 8

"There's not much else to say. We have an idea on where their lair might be. What can you tell me about the shadow clock underneath the Irespan?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

If the half-orc has them, I would like:

+1 Mithral Shirt (2100)
+1 Mithral Heavy Shield (2020)

If he does not have these magic, I will buy a regular mithral shirt and heavy shield and then add the bonus later. I have the feat, just not sure about the time. It should take me 1 day each I think.


Male Human Paladin 8

Not so much the time. Karlan wants to hit these people before they get too well fortified. At the same time anything we can get to ensure success will be a boon.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Metamagic Rod, Lesser Selective 3000GP, Wand of Shocking Grasp 750Gp, Wand Cure Light wounds. 4500Gp Total


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7
Perdition Banderflash wrote:
Metamagic Rod, Lesser Selective 3000GP, Wand of Shocking Grasp 750Gp, Wand Cure Light wounds. 4500Gp Total

Just wondering why the Wand of Shocking Grasp. While it is a great spell for a mid-level caster --> 5d6 damage at 5th level, the first level Wand only does 1d6 and requires you to be in combat range. You do as much damage with a light mace, and more with a light crossbow. Mind you, I love shocking grasp at 5th level with a Metamagic Rod of Reach.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Thought the wand worked the same as the spell. Am I wrong? If so, a different wand will surely be purchased.


Male Orc Expert 5
Perdition Banderflash wrote:
Thought the wand worked the same as the spell. Am I wrong? If so, a different wand will surely be purchased.

No it works the same as the level it was cast. So a cure light wand made at 1st level does 1d8+1. Shocking grasp does an amazing 1d6 and so forth.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

If you wanted a CL5 Wand of Shocking Grasp that did 5d6, it would cost 3750.

As a Sorcerer, getting a 3k Metamagic Rod of Reach is fun. Then you can cast Shocking Grasp up to 30' away. Also, it allows other fun things like Fireball at 500' and other spells at really long distances.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Ahhhhh, I see now. I will drop that Shocking wand then for sure.


@ Ailetha: He has the items in his "storage chamber"...

@ Celestra and Karlan:

The captain grins as you name the Shadowclock

That ruinous old building? In a time when the Shadow, the district underneath the Irespan, was thriving with life and was inhabited by non-criminals, it was one of the major meeting points. I think there was a temple in the basement, too...a temple of Abadar. And the Skinsaw Brotherhood? he says the words like he still can't believe they exist
Never heard of them, and you are sure that there are still more of them out there?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Captain wrote:
"Never heard of them, and you are sure that there are still more of them out there?"

"I am certain they are out there, hiding in the shadows, ready to take advantage of the unsuspecting. However, just so we don't have them interrupting a good party, we will see if we can disrupt their plans."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry has a typical roguish smile stuck to his face, and a satified and confident swagger in his step now that the items have been fenced off satisfactorily.

"Mr Banderflash and Miss Auracalam, seems we managed to do a rather tidy bit of trade today. We can collect our items up shortly and I think we will find the improvements to our great satisfaction. Now I suppose its off to a tavern for a bit of a light meal while we wait on the others and let them know of their new found wealth."


Male Human Paladin 8

"We'll only be sure when bodies start turning up." KArlan says. "However I think both you and I agree it's in our interest to keep digging until bodies stop showing up."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Damn, I posted earlier and apparently it never took. Or I did preview and forgot to finish. Here is what I think I typed.

I assume between Harry and myself, not sure what Perdition is getting, we pretty much ate through the 8k credit so the others do not need to worry about that.

Yes, back to the inn. I believe that I promised the innkeeper a little entertainment. I would not want to disappoint him. Who know what type of a crowd the changeling from Cheliax will draw.

Once we are back in the inn I put on a short set for the crowd.

Perform(dance): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perform(comedy): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Perform(sing): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

I expect that should more than pay for our night in the inn.


Ailetha's evening show is more than entertaining and the owner of the Place of Gold is delighted to present his luxury-used customers something they haven't seen before.

In the end he is happy to welcome you as his guests and does not speak about a bill anymore.

After the show is finished you gather around a large oaken table in a dark corner of the taproom.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Happy to say that I managed to find a decent collector of fine curiosities in this great city, and to that end each of us is now richer to the sum of fourthousand six hundred gold sails. I kept aside the books and the maps, at least until we are sure that they hold no secrets for us. Similarly the decanter set just seemed so fitting for Miss Zomesco" Harry hands them over to her "That they most certainly should be kept"

"The collector also has access to quite a goodly range of items that we might be wanting, or if you'd prefer to bathe in it you may simply take your gold"

"On an unhappy note, the shapeshifters managed to get free, released by the city watch... must have made a ruckus to get attention, apparently posed as lost city watch from another area and just walked out carefree. Be on the lookout for treachery, but suspect they are long gone - it will be clear to all they spilled everything to us, so their former paymaster no doubt seeks revenge"

"So where we off to in the morning?"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra grows tired of discussing dead bodies and anxiously waits to leave and return to the pub, but she politely smiles as Karlan finishes his talk.

"If there is nothing else, Sir Karlan and I will take our leave. We bid you good day."

Once outside, Celestra says to Bladetwist "I hope I did not cut you short back there. If you wanted to expound upon all the dead bodies we plan on finding, you were welcome to keep talking. So shall we head back to the pub now?!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Trying to remember exactly what the maps and books were. Gonna put up the knowledge and linguistics checks, not sure which is applicable.

Knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Ailetha, this was the 'holdover' list. On a side note there was also 480gp in coins I forgot to split out... might kick off a party kitty or something, thats half a Wand of Infernal Healing!

hold aside list... wrote:


An array of sea charts
A painting of a strange city built entirely of ice
A filigreed and illustrated book titled The Syrpent’s Tane: Faery Tales of the Eldest
A slim volume that served as both ledger and journal for Justice Ironbriar
A wizard’s spellbook containing all cantrips, Blink, Cat’s Grace, Chill Touch,Enlarge Person, Fox’s Cunning, Grease, Haste, Lightning Bolt, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Shocking Grasp, Shrink Item, Spider Climb, and Web


What you know about charts and painting (I just cite myself):

The sea charts depict the Lost Coast area from Magnimar to Riddleport and the Varisian Gulf. The maps are very detailed and show the locations of every notable reef.

You hardly remember it, but you once heard/read something about a city of gold high in the mountains of Varisia. When the sun fell on its golden roofs the light was reflected like it had hit an iceberg. And because the people in the surrounding valleys couldn't believe a city of gold existed high on a mountaintop they thought it must have been made of ice. So came the legend of the Ice City into the world.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

No problem, just hold onto them for the time being - would hate to find out the maps were needed for the next section or something vital.


Waiting for your next decisions. Rest and then to the Shadowclock?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Assume yes, we can retcon any other conversation or purchases... keep moving forwards! For Victory, for the Heart!... wait, wut?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

If Karlan is ready, Celestra will return with him back to the Palace of Gold and rejoin the others.

"How did you folks fare at the market, my friends? Would you all care to join me for a drink while we figure out our next steps?"

Calling for the waitress, Celestra orders drinks. "Could you bring us pints of ale all around? We have some important business to prepare for."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"A kings ransom, no more, no less, and a good merchant expecting your order. Tomorrow we go find that tower, and put an end to this madness."


Male Human Paladin 8

I'll have purchases when I get home tonight.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Looking forward to this. I have been thinking of some new ways of handling these little scraps we keeping getting ourselves into. We shall see if they work, hahahaha."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

After I finish entertaining the throngs.

As long as it does not involve burning large portions of Magnimar, I am game from most any thing firebug.

So, I assume the plan is as usual. March in, Harry and Karlan beat stuff up. I sing a little song about it. And Perdy and Celestra keep stragglers from getting away or from harming us.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"I admit Ailetha, that plan has worked very well thus far. However, you forgot to mention the toast at the end. Its always important to give praise to where praise is due!"

I am not saying this is the time, but at some point, Celestra will craft a Headband of Inspired Wisdom.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"If there is nothing more to plan I'm going to get some sleep ahead of a busy day, I'd go carousing and seeing the fine women this city has to offer, but thats going to have to wait for the victory drinks at the end"

Last minute shopping before tower bloodbath :P


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

I think that I am going to hold with my Selective Rod and wand of CLW


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I'm good with my shield and armor upgrades. Would like a better whip for tripping, but that will have to wait.


Male Human Paladin 8

Blah will get updates tomorrow sorry. It's been a really rough day.


No problem, just tell me when you're ready.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

I'm ready :)


Male Human Paladin 8

4600 is quite a bit more than I expected lemme just add that to my total gold and...

1st Level Pearl of Power 1000gp

And now I'm drawing a blank...any ideas? Sorry I'm taking so long.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)


You lack a ranged weapon:
M/W Composite Longbow, Str 18 - 800gp

Only one weapon - DR v Silver/CI?:
Silversheen your sword +400gp
M/Work Cold Iron Flail 316gp
Could even add some kind of elemental damage to the sword - extra D6 is handy.
(Yeah I know, Smite... but still, a few AP incidents have left me wary of just Smiting through)

Cloak of Resistance +1

Or just tuck some gold away for that Mith Fullplate you always wanted.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I thought that he wanted Celestial Plate.


Tucking some gold away is never wrong. When karlan is done we will go on.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

I think I will tuck some gold away as well, and when there is a break in the plot, Celestra will work on crafting some items. Ready to go when Karlan is ready.


Male Human Paladin 8

Eh, I'll tuck the rest away then. This si taking too logn as it is.


Heavy rain and strong winds greet you the next morning. Whenever one of the servants leaves the Place of Gold and crosses the small yard to the stables he/she is drenched on their return.

Not a good day to visit a place called the Shadowclock you think, and the innkeeper gives you a pitiful smile as he notices you advancing to the door

Gozreh does not favour venturing out today. Why don't you stay for a warm grog?

4,501 to 4,550 of 7,962 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.