Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


4,401 to 4,450 of 7,823 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I'll finish securing this rope and be right with you" Harry smiles cheerfully.

Harry puts the gag back in, then moments later thrusts the dagger deep up and under the ribs. All the better to look into the Justices eye.

Coup de grace 2d4 + 3d6 + 14 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + (1, 2, 6) + 14 + 10 = 39 DC Fort Save, 29 Damage or dead.

"You lot have killed too many innocents to be given an offer of freedom, so now it's on me to do what must be done to make sure you don't get another go."

Harry then walks outside.


Male Human Paladin 8

Welp, Harry better get a good explanation set up. Hard to explain a huge ass knife wound in a mans chest when he's ted up.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

I was actually hoping you'd open with 'Karlan expresses surprise that Harry comes out by himself all covered in blood - where is the Prisoner? he exclaims', so let me do it for you... :p

Harry comes forward all covered in blood...

"There's been an accident!"

"I went to check his bonds and tie him again to move him onward when a terrible glow came about his eyes and he started a devilish chant, all of a sudden he was wrestling me in my mind, but I felt my mind wandering like the ghosts did from that House, and knew I was about to turn me blade on meself, so I tried hitting the man to try disrupt his incantation... but I was holding my knife...I was set on cutting the old bonds when I had the new ones all firm...he's in a real bad way Sir Karlan, a real bad way, Celestra we will need your healing skills quickly!"

Harry looks a little vague and maybe in shock.

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"Oh Miss Zomesco that call outside sounded like Sir Karlan, reckon you could be so obliging as to step out and give him a hand? Probably needs more rope. I'll just make sure the good Justice here is ready to move shortly..."

"Certainly, Handsome! I'm always happy to help whenever possible."

Celestra walks out to see what Karlan needs.

"What can I do for you, Karlan, Handsome said that you could use a hand.

Harry wrote:
"Celestra we will need your healing skills quickly!" Harry looks a little vague and maybe in shock.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"Dear Cayden, what happened? I hope this isn't some evil curse we brought from the Misgivings? Do you need healing Handsome? What can I do?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Having watched the events in the sawmill while making sure that the good cleric and paladin did not return: Yeh, it was unreal. I was speechless when I saw Harry struggling with something. I was about to blind them both and call for help. Then it was over in a flash, or a slash. Unfortunately I do not think that there is much that Cayden or Iomedae could do to help the High Justice at this point. Not that I think either good god would want to help him considering the vile deeds he committed.

Bluff(aid another): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Human Paladin 8

Without giving a second thought KArlan rushes in with his sword still naked while calling back to Harry. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I return to the building following Karlan.

We need to search the rest of this building more carefully. There may be more of them, it might have even been one of them that made Harry kill this man.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Alright here Sir Karlan, carefull though Ms Aurcalam might be right, they might still have some accomplices hiding out. I'll fetch Thumper for another clearance of the place"

Harry gives the place a thorough search, Thumper by his side with his fine sense of smell...

Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 + Scent
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 + Darkvision


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"I'll watch these monsters out here while you guys finish your sweep. Let me know when you need me to light the place up." With that, Perdition moves toward the bound men.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:
"Unfortunately I do not think that there is much that Cayden or Iomedae could do to help the High Justice at this point. Not that I think either good god would want to help him considering the vile deeds he committed."

"What you say is quite true. Iomedae would hold him to the justice he deserves, Cayden Cailean would figure that he would not be fun to have at a party and simply not invite him, but Sarenrae, she is rather unique. She would forgive him if he truly showed some remorse. You know, my father was a priest of the Dawnflower, and himself would have given this man the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I have a little bit of him still in me, but I must still be careful. Considering all of the vicious, brutal creeps we have encountered, I am lucky to be alive!"


There was a moment of shock as Ailetha had opened to the justice what the stars were about and he was just about to curse you, Xanesha or his fate when Harry finished him.

Thumper quickly races through the mill (at least once he is brought up the ladder) and after two minutes you are sure that the place is now free of cultists.

However, you still find some of their treasures, since they weren't very cautious and surely didn't expect someone to storm their hideout.
Their possessions consist of:

12 Masterwork War Razors
12 Leather Armours
15 Skinsaw Masks
1 Magical Mask (possessed by the High Justice)
1 Magical War Razor (possessed by the High Justice)
1 Magic Wand (possessed by the High Justice)
2 Magic Potions
a beautiful crystal decanter set with an obsidian stopper
a tiny wooden box containing three poorly cut diamonds
an array of sea charts
a painting of a strange city built entirely of ice
A wizard’s spellbook containing all cantrips, Blink, Cat’s Grace, Chill Touch,Enlarge Person, Fox’s Cunning, Grease, Haste, Lightning Bolt, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Scorching Ray, Shocking Grasp, Shrink Item, Spider Climb, and Web
A filigreed and illustrated book titled The Syrpent’s Tane: Faery Tales of the Eldest
A slim volume that served as both ledger and journal for Justice Ironbriar
480 Gold Coins

You also find a rookery right under the roof where five tame messenger ravens are kept.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Look at all of these interesting items. The sea charts and the books look wonderful, but I can't see what use the masks will serve. Hmm? I know a good use for that crystal decanter."

"Now for some nice wine so we can toast the good Cayden Cailean!"

If the decanter is empty, Celestra will cast Create Water (Wine) and fill it with a beautiful rose red wine. She then starts pouring the wine into the glasses and hands them out to her friends. "Let us toast to our success and to Cayden Cailean, that we may always celebrate the wonderful energy he brings to this great adventure!"

After toasting and partaking of a few sips of wine, Celestra casts Detect Magic to look at the magical spectrum and see the auras these items give off, hoping to determine the properties of the magical items found.

Spellcraft Magical Mask 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Spellcraft Magical War Razor 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Spellcraft Magical Magic Wand 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Spellcraft MagicalPotion 1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Spellcraft Magical Potion 21d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Spellcraft Magical Other (if needed) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Spellcraft for anything Celestra missed on:

Spellcraft(potion): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Spellcraft(wand): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 <-- Do I know anything about the maps.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"A good haul of booty indeed, and the good Justice Ironbriars ledgers, Sir Karlan"


Magic Revealed:

War Razor +2
Reaper's Mask
Wand of Cure light wounds (12)
Barkskin Potion
Potion of Cure Light Wounds

The sea charts depict the Lost Coast area from Magnimar to Riddleport and the Varisian Gulf. The maps are very detailed and show the locations of every notable reef.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

A good haul indeed!

"With these men all captured, I suppose its back to Magnimar to turn them over to the authorities. Need to let the shapeshifters free as well, deal being a deal and all."

"Once that is done, it's off to find this next layer of Evil to depose"

OK back and sell? I presume the wand and potions need keeping, a lot of the trashloot can be flogged off. The books might be worth a bit, any of our casties need?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

I am curious. Do any of you ever join Celestra in her toasts, or is she completely on her own in these cases?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry has usually just finished being an axe wielding homicidal maniac just moments before the toast... perhaps if he weren't possibly moments away from hacking up another person with his axe he'd be up for it... like in a tavern. maybe not while he's 'on the job'... hes a professional an all :p

Harry also feels bad because although he's of the opinion that Judge got what he was owed, he knows Celestra and Karlan would not approve, so he's just had to tell a great big dirty lie to his friends to not only smooth over what happened, but to also avoid putting them into moral conundrums. Point blank being a big dirty fibber and then having the gall to slug back an ale in celebration would just be a bit much for a man as 'principled' as Harry...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Fair enough!

"I always thought a mask would be a interesting decoration to add character to the walls of a pub, but in this case, I don't think this is what I had in mind. I suppose selling it would be more valuable to us. Perhaps the decanter would be a good thing to put in my tavern some day. It is always fun to be able to share with patrons a story of adventure that goes with the goblet they are drinking from. Hmm? What shall I say? This glass you drink from comes from the lair of a secret evil brotherhood dedicated to a mysterious deity of murder. Once we vanquished all of them, we stole their decanter. Well, perhaps steal is not the right word. We procured this lovely crystal set. Yes, that would make for an interesting tale."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Keep the decanter then, you'd get a fair use out of it with your Cayden habits. The mask I agree should be gotten rid of, a lot like that other horrible one, but even I take pause at the sort of person who might be keen on getting such items, morbid bloody things they are, and filled with magic black as pitch. Maybe a collector or magical academic might find use from them."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I like money as much as the next girl. But in this case, I think that destroying this mask would be the appropriate thing.


So dump loot first?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

hand in bad guys, release slightly less bad guys as promised, sell loot :p

"If we can find someone reputable to take the masks for coin then so be it. Otherwise they go on a pyre"


Male Human Paladin 8

Same, we can't sell the mask but we can turn it in as evidence against the judge as it was technically his property. Then I think it would be best if we retired for the night and made sure our inn was secure before tackling the next bit of evil in the morning. After a shopping trip. I keep thinking about the lasts books climax and how rough it got at times. I'm also thinking that this book took the gloves off and we're nearing the end. Pardon me if I want to go into this next bit as well prepared as possible. Hell if I were playing any other character I'd suggest arson followed by arrow volleys on the survivors from the rooftops. Preferably with the entirety of the Magnimar city watch at our backs. As for toats I won't say Karlan never drinks. Let's just say he hardly feels like it's an appropriate time to toast. NEver mind what the faithful of Cayden do.:P

"Just turn it over to the guard as evidence. IF they wish it destroyed then so be it. We need all the evidence we cna get HArry otherwise it just looks like you stabbed a tied up man in cold blood after we beat him up. I don't trust his minions to be particularly truthful."


Ok, just give me a rough schedule of what you do in which order.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Do with it what you will, my friends. I certainly have no plans to hang it in my pub! However, if you are able to earn any coin for any of these items, then I could sure use it to try and improve my gear!"

Celestra is happy to let the others sell the loot. She will help as needed, but if she is not needed, then she is happy to return to the inn, have a few drinks and try out her new flute.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

OK so the order is: Hand in bad guys, release informants, sell loot.

Looking at the Justice journal/records, is there any incriminating evidence? Similarly with the other books and painting, lets check that detailed stuff BEFORE selling


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

I would be up for the wand. Too bad I don't get spells from a book. Pretty nice set of spells to find. Perdition on the other hand is a gnome and will be more than willing to join his friend in a drink. Just one more new experience, lol. Let me know if I need to make any skill checks?

"Celestra, my dear, I toast you and your lord. Without your lovely gifts we would not be bearly as successful in these little adventures of ours! Now. Should I torch this place and the bodies or just the place?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

We went out to the old sawmill;
The Skinsaws there sought us to kill;
Paladin and thug stopped them dead;
At the end did roll the Justice's head;
Back to Magnimar to drink some swill.


Male Human Paladin 8

agree with the above order. We can sell the spellbook.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Perdition wrote:
"Celestra, my dear, I toast you and your lord. Without your lovely gifts we would not be bearly as successful in these little adventures of ours! Now. Should I torch this place and the bodies or just the place?"

"Splendid, Perdy! That's what I like to hear, but must we threaten to burn every place we come to? Perhaps I should get some flaming brandy for you to drink."


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"This is a place of evil deeds done by evil men. Would you like to have a haunted sawmill laying around? A flaming drink you say. Intriguing!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I listen as Celestra once again chastises the gnome. Then I turn to Karlan and Harry: I wonder whether the little fire bug has any notion of just how explosive sawdust is. It can pack a much bigger bang than oil and most fuel if lit properly, or in Perditions case, improperly. If he is going to torch this den of evil, I think we might want to move well back before he starts.

Knowledge(stupid things gnomes do): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

I think that Ailetha should be an expert in the field of gnomish activities by now, lol.

"It's gonna be a blast, hahaha. Get it. Blast. Hahahaha.


If no one else, at least Karlan remembers that the sawmill is still a working sawmill and blasting it could be a heavy blow for the city's economy.

So fire or not, that's the question here.

The justice's ledger is full of papers related to his most recent cases, nothing of it hints at his secret second identity.

The paintings are unknown to you, you will need to find an expert on art to find out more...if there is more to be found out.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I understand your interest in causing the spontaneous combustion of most every thing Perdition, but, isn't this a major employer of people in the city. I think that burning it might not be the best idea at present. I am sure that we will find something for our firebug to torch before long. I know that Cayden is a big fan of hot parties.

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 <-- do I know anything about the paintings.
Knowloedg(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 <-- or a good honest expert?


Male Human Paladin 8

"No fires."[/b[ Karlan says bluntly. [b]"This is still a place where people work."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Were we on the high seas no doubt the Captain would order you to burn the enemy's structure or ship down to the waterline. Unfortunately in this case some restraint is needed, for this place is still crewed by people who feed their families with honest trade"

Harry looks as though he is a bit mixed, and that a big bonfire would be half welcome.

"Tell you what Perdition, sure as I was happy to sink my axe into earlier foes, I will keep in mind that you need a satisfying bonfire in reparation for the harms done by these evil bastards, and we will find a bit of tinder for your spark and send them a preview of the Hells they are destined for... just not today"

Noted on the ledger, and same on the painting, just wanted to be sure we thought to ask BEFORE getting rid of some important plot device or something equally embarrasing.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Perdy, I know you really like fires, but for the sake of the workers and the people who live nearby, let's save the mill to be used by the people and hard working carpenters of this town! Perhaps when we get back to the Revive, Bobo will let you stoke the fire!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4
Celestra Zomesco wrote:
"Perdy, I know you really like fires, but for the sake of the workers and the people who live nearby, let's save the mill to be used by the people and hard working carpenters of this town! Perhaps when we get back to the Revive, Bobo will let you stoke the fire!"

No he won't. Berry would kill the both of them. Slowly. Over the course of many experiments.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry blinks for a while.

Once he is sure he is in the right reality, he makes sure the prisoners are handed over to the authorities.

"A fair bit of this booty to sell off, shall be a bit of a long day"


Slowly the dimensional rift closes again...

@ Ailetha:

You hardly remember it, but you once heard/read something about a ciy of gold high in the mountains of Varisia. When the sun fell on its golden roofs the light was reflected like it had hit an iceberg. And because the people in the surrounding valleys couldn't believe a city of gold existed high on a mountaintop they thought it must have been made of ice.

What happens to the bodies?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

I presume there is a cart at the lumbermill, load em up and cover with a canvas to take them with us.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Forgive my last post, my friends! It was approaching midnight and I had just come in from teaching my dance class and I was apparently way way out of it! I remember that I was nodding my head as I was finishing my last post. However, when I read it this morning I cringed. Normally I am much better at keeping my campaigns straight.

"Well, Harry, shall we take these masked villains back to Magnimar to the authorities. You don't think we could get into any trouble with the fact that the High Justice died while in our hands? I know that he had clearly fallen from the grace of his position, but there was nobody else around to verify that. I just hope they all believe us! I know we are not in Sandpoint anymore."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"He died fair and square castoing foul magics and died as a result. Nothing more or less, and no one is in a position to say different. That being said, perhaps it is for the best if the fine and upstanding Sir Karlan does the turning in, the man is well beyond reproach and his bearing unquestionable. Perhaps there's some wisdom in your words that...some of us...might not be extended the fullness of the benefit of any doubt. I shall instead see to the sale of our goods"


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Murdered by the cultist I'd say.", the gnome comments with a tinge of disappointment at the lack of scorching things, then perking up,"At least I did get to burn a couple of cultist a good day indeed!" Looking at the body of the justice he says, "Or we could not identify the body due to extensive burns......Eppp, nevermind. I already know Karlan will complain about that one. Paladins....Never love to learn anything new. Like what a skinless elf face looks like."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry gives a sly half smile to Perdition, clearly his small friend was speaking exactly the thoughts crossing the Rogues mind.


Male Human Paladin 8

"We'd all count ourselves fortunate not to ever learn of such things." Karlan says as he loads th ehtigns on the horses and the justice's body wrapped in a canvas.

A bit psychopathic no?


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Indeed! Pathfinder gnomes are so much more fun when you play them as intended. Little dwarf no more. Squishing eyeballs and wading through monster guts just to experience it.


:)

After packing the bodies of the high justice and his feloow cultists onto a cart found behind the swamill, you wander back to the city, where you are greeted by the gate guards.

1 silver per axle

the man mutters without too much interest.

4,401 to 4,450 of 7,823 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.