Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


4,351 to 4,400 of 7,820 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

It's not updated very well :) but he's not close to death


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Then his Razor is now busted.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Round 2

"You look like you are having a tough time, Sailor! Let me give you a hand!"

Putting down the crossbow, Celestra moves to I2 and places her hands upon Harry and casts Cure Serious Wounds to deliver a healing surge of divine energy.

"In the name of Cayden Cailean, may your wounds be healed!"

Cure Serious Wounds 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 7, 7) + 5 = 26


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Side stepping to put the two approaching cultist in range while excluding Harry, Perdititon places his fingers together and lets loose with a blast of color.

5' step to H3, Color Spray DC16vs.Will thugs in G1 F2 they should be in the second step of the 15' cone.


Male Human Paladin 8

My position on the map is wrong. I should be at I, -1.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Well wail on the guy some :p


Male Human Paladin 8

Well I'm not sure I can seeing as he's in the spot I'm supposed to be in. That whole law of matter nto being able to occupy the same space thing. :P


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Lets make them easier to see.

Cast Glitterdust centered at G-2/H-1.
DC17 or blinded for 5 rounds. Also, makes invisible things visible for duration of spell, no save.
--> This should get the Justice and 1 thug by Karlan. I make sure that Karlan or Harry are not in the area of affect.

EDIT - I also continue the Inspire Courage. --> +2att/+2dam for all


Male Human Paladin 8

I'm just going to assume I'm in I, -1 and continue beating on the guy like I have been.

As Karlan starts to continue beating on the magistrate he can't help but start laughing. "Pffffffttt HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 Sword
1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Shield
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


The war razor gives a creak as Harry attempts to smash the weapon! Only its magic holds the war razor together and while it is not destroyed, it nearly is!

As the two cultists are caught in the whirling mist of colours they try to shield their eyes and...

Will save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Will save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

one of them reacts too late!

While Karlan hacks at the justice the golden glitterdust enguls him like a precious fog

Will save1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Will save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Unable to look away he is blinded by the glistening vapor!

Realizing that this fight is not going to end well the cultists let their weapons slip out of their hands and surrender - their leader, blinded, hurt and shocked by this betrayal, curses and follows their example

Argh!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Nice work all, lets tie them up, and gag the Justice, someone shot a fireball out the window and I am guessing it was him.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Come here, big guy! Let me take care of some of those wounds on you!"

Using her wand, Celestra casts Cure Light Wounds to heal Harry up to full strength.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Healed to 50 exactly!

Once the Justice and the others are bound, Celestra will begin asking the Justice a few questions.

"So why in the world are you hanging out with a such a disgusting group as the Skinsaw boys?! Are you not content with your work anymore and need something a little more exciting?! How does this feel for justice? So how do you plead to the charges of murder, High Justice Ironbriar?"


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"It doesn't matter why he would choose to fall in with these men, but how long he has been a leading member. Perhaps I should start with burning his toes off or better yet I could go to work with ol' Peanut Butter here and see what he has to say then. Why don't the rest of you go outside and tend to the rest of the thugs while Harry, Ailetha and I get what we need in here?" For effect, Perdition pulls his finely crafted cricket bat from it's back sheath and gives a few swings."Gnomes are so fond of new experiences and crushing a fruity elf's nether regions is going to be one I will truly cherish."

Intimidate1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ooh, do I get to remove his unimportant organs? I love watching my victim's eye when I show them one of their lungs.

I take out my rapier and carefully look at it longingly.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male Human Paladin 8

After securing the prisoners and removing their masks, their weapons, and everything else that might turn out to be nasty Karlan waves off the scary leprechaun and his psychotic friend. "Easy there. It's late. Let's see about getting these bastards to the watch house before we see about getting anything out of them. A night to think about whatever unspeakable things will be done to them gives time to loosen tongues and reconsider ones loyalties. Besides theres some local guardsmen that could use the break. Ya know, before any breaking of their limbs begins. That and we have a promise to keep."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I whisper to Karlan: This is the high justice. Even though we are in the right, he will have a lot of connections. If we take him to the guards. He will walk free before the night is over. If we want to get anything out of him, we will have to do it ourselves.


Male Human Paladin 8

Whispering back: "If we can get somethign we can get something. But we've not the time to go chasing his friends tonight. Nor do we have any place to keep them. We're not in sandpoint he has to go to those guards. In anycase I'm going to start marching one or two out at a time to get them attached on a line to the horses. You and the rest can keep an eye on the high justice."

With that he points his bloodied sword at a random cultist. "You! On your feet! Time to get this prisoner train moving-Keep you hands where I can see them!"

Once outside I start settign up a rope gang behind the horses.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Perdition and I go back to intimidating the justice as soon as Karlan leaves.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Oooohhhhhhhhh, that is not good for you, fancy pants.", Perdition says after Karlan leaves the room. "That fella that just left was your connection to keepin' them nuts of your's in a non-paste form. What do you say, Ailthea, Harry? Should I give them a good smack and see if the info we are after is hidden inside?" The gnome taps his club on the ground a few times to ensure the elf hears it.


Relief and fear interchange quickly on the high justice's face...as Karlan leaves and he remains in the hands of the psychotics he asks

I will help you if you don't harm me - what do you want and why did you turn up here at all? I'm a man of great influence and assets, I can surely help with money if you are mercenaries or information if you're some sort of shadow brokers.


Male Human Paladin 8

Worse. Cops.


Urgh...then negotiations are useless...


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"How about you shut your mouth and we'll ask the questions? That is, unless you would prefer I shut for you. Harry, what do you think we need to to do with this fruit cake? I am pretty sure Ailetha would prefer something awful and Karlan would like to see him handed over to the manling lawmen. I'm not completely sure either of those options are viable."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

How is it that I have become such good friends with Ailee, and Perdy? They sound like a bunch of hooligan torturers! Even Harry seems a little more level headed than those two. Let's just hope this is all one big bluff.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Turning to the High Justice, Celestra sweetly says, "Mister High Justice, I cannot promise protection from the bard and the gnome, but I will do what I can. So tell me, my dear, what information do you have that you think might be able to share to save your life?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Ironbriar prefers to ignore the raving gnome and looks at Celestra

To answer this I have to know why you came here - are you some kind of union mercenaries? I know that there is a strike in many lumber mills, but we felt the obligation to support our home town with wood.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Completely ignoring Celestra, Ailetha walks over to the justice and places her adamantine rapier through his ridiculous robe between his thighs. You know Perdy, I hear eunuchs are much more docile and compliant. Perhaps that would help the low justice answer why he and his sawmill friends are wearing masks dedicated to the lord of murder.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Ailee, Let's show a little dignity here! Put that blade away! If he doesn't cooperate, then maybe we can consider your approach, but let's be reasonable to begin with. The justice wants to know who he is dealing with. We certainly don't want to give him the wrong impression do we?"

Turning to Justice Ironbriar, Celestra continues pleasantly.

"I have no objection to you supporting your neighborhood with local wood. That is very sweet of you, but in truth, we are not from the union. Although . . . " Celestra pauses for a moment as she looks around. " . . . these conditions certainly don't look the safest to work under! But, no, we are more concerned with the masks and the activities from the group known as the Skinsaw Brotherhood. We want to know what is driving this cult, of which you appear to be a member, to kill various people of this city. What can you tell us, High Justice Ironbriar?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha stares at the High Justice for a moment, making sure he gets a good look at her eyes and then steps back:

Bah, weak humans. My mother would have already killed and consumed the weak ones. Saving the strong to be played with. You humans are all weak.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra glances back at the bard cautiously, but remains silent while in front of the High Justice.

What in Golarion is she saying? I have never heard Ailetha speak like this! Is she possessed or simply try to intimidate this Justice even further?

Sense Motive on Ailetha 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Completely unsure of the bard, Celestra simply waits for the High Justice to reply.


You've come to destroy the Brotherhood? I don't believe you, we worked secretely for decades, no one knows about us...except...Aldern...

he scowls, but then suddenly grins

I knew this f@#~#@ would ruin everything - where did you encounter him, huh? I bet he was even less of a fight than we, mhm? Whatever, what I can tell you is that our cult leader is a woman called Xanesha - she resides at the shadow clock, underneath the Irespan.

information flows freely now and you wonder what has caused that.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I walk back and forth, stopping every so often to examine my rapier and test its sharpness. However, I am actually keenly listening to everything that the justice is saying.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Perform(act): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ironbriar wrote:
"I knew this f%!~*% would ruin everything - where did you encounter him, huh? I bet he was even less of a fight than we, mhm? Whatever, what I can tell you is that our cult leader is a woman called Xanesha - she resides at the shadow clock, underneath the Irespan."

"So what does Xanesha plan to do next? Has she ordered enough killing to be able to accomplish her goals, or is she still trying to gain the favor of Father Skinsaw?"


She is no good for us either...the Brotherhood flourished over the course of the last century and I feel that Norgorber was very very satisfied with our sacrifices...but then, one day Xanesha turned up and overpowered me...the former cult leader. Then we suddenly had to kill only certain people and draw that silly symbol on their chests, what a waste of time and energy I said...and then she brought this Foxgloxe weakling to us, pah!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I walk over and point the rapier at his face.

Who is she, and where can we find her? While I find you and your cronies despicable. It is her and her type we desire to apprehend. Personally, I could care less about the legalities of getting her, or killing you. I just want her, and whoever she answers to dead. Now answer me. Who is she? Where can she be found? I want a good description of her and I want to know every person with whom she has any contact. Trust me, if her plans for which you have been a willing pawn succeed, you will wish you had been one of Norgerber's sacrifices. Oh, and if you mislead me, not only will I know it, but when I catch up to you, you will wish that you had only lost the family jewels.


The shadow clock, as I said before...it's a ruined clocktower beneath the Irespan...a dark and haunted place if you ask me...and who she is? God, what do I know - she has the body of a goddess, black hair, green eyes, I guess she is not human, but WHAT she really is, I cannot say.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I turn to Celestra: Well, we know where to look next. Lets talk to Karlan, I would prefer if these nice gentlemen were kept in a cell with some of his brothers keeping guard. If the High Justice is a member of the Skinsaw Brotherhood, he will have connections to get released. Paladins of Iomedae will not be easy to corrupt or sway, unlike the city guard.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:
" Well, we know where to look next. Lets talk to Karlan, I would prefer if these nice gentlemen were kept in a cell with some of his brothers keeping guard. "

"Just a moment, dear! I think Ironbriar may have more information to share with us."

High Justice wrote:
"Then we suddenly had to kill only certain people and draw that silly symbol on their chests, what a waste of time and energy I said...and then she brought this Foxgloxe weakling to us, pah!"

"So what is the deal with the fancy symbol on the victim's chests? Does it do anything for the cult, or is it simply to announce your newfound loyalty? It doesn't sound like Foxglove was able to help your cause at all. Was he able to serve the brotherhood, or was he simply there to disrupt the whole order of things?"


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan walks back in and fetches two more of the cultists before moving back out to get them hitched up to the horses.. "Up you two! We're going for a nice long walk."


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Tired of the elf's haughty attitude, Perdition slams his club across the Justice's left ankle with all his might. In cool voice and intense black eyes the gnome says,"It's your hands next, scum."

Intimidate 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry politely watches Karlan walk out the door with the two lesser Cultists. "Well considered Sir, keeping the leader separate until the last so he can't be out there trying to rally his crew up... make sure you put those fetters on extra tight Sir, would hate to see any of that lot slipping free before they had a chance to visit the Constabulary" Harry appears to be in warm spirits as he waves Karlan out the door.

Once out of the Paladins sight though, Harry moves over to the Justice and whispers something to him while slipping the Magistrates gag back in.

"Of all the things I particularly hate, I hold the likes of you as the pinnacle. You see as much as us Riddleport riff-raff are a normally a lawless and bloodthirsty lot, we don't go around putting on airs and pretentions about what we are.

"Your kind, on the other hand, reckon you lot are better than us with your fancy airs and your civilised rules, and yet it's all a charade you play act, except in your charade you hang the needy for stealing a pittance to feed their family while you corrupt lot gorge on the largesse of the masses. Your kind make a mockery of the system the good Sir out there stands for, and your kind undermines all his good work"

"You see it's to your kind the Pirate Captains offer no quarter, it's your kind that the Pirate Brotherhood all accepts as the height of scum and villany that we collectively despise, and its your kind that once in our clutches of a good Crew we can ill afford to let go free under terms of surrender because it's your kind who has no qualms about going back on their word later. Its your kind that kills a good man under the flag of parley for the sake of expedience, no concept of hounour bothering your minds... so for the sake of this little conversation, you may as well now consider your last words... and if you have nothing further to tell us matey then they may as well be 'aye aye, Captain'; Foxglove deserved better than he got, and there should be a balance of the ledger."

Sense Motive DC 24:

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Whilst he is obviously trying to make no outward show to his fellows, it's pretty clear that Harry is about to kill the Magistrate.

Perception DC 19:

Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
You spot Harry's dagger being palmed.

Intimidate 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38


Male Orc Expert 5

You're welcome btw. Karlan is the honorable sort. Tark however is a right bastard.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Much obliged good Sir...


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Well, it will save him losing the family jewels, that is what Ailetha is planning on if he does not start talking fast.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Celestra watches carefully as her companions threaten and intimidate the high justice both overtly and subtly. She watches without comment to see how much information their technique is able to yield.


The high justice squirms as Perdition smacks him with his club, but instead of begging for mercy he just gnashes his teeth and is about to curse the gnome as Harry whispers his threats into his ear - then all colour suddenly fades from his face and his countenance becomes somewhat serene

Why wait? I always hoped to die of murder - just one thing: Aldern was brought to us by Xanesha, he helped us with his money, but he was weak and I forced her to send him to Sandpoint to find sacrifices there. Xanesha only allowed us to kill certain people from the financial sector, a thing I still don't understand, and I guess most of them weren't accepted as sacrifices by Father Skinsaw...oh and before I die, what are these stars about? Do you know it?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry is a little surprised to see the mans change of heart and interesting disclosure.

"Poor Aldern was a bit of an easily led fellow, I'll concede you that part, and he was the sort of chap that a savvy Sailor can talk into getting press ganged onto a bad crew. A fellow as smart as yourself should have considered though that such men are frequently their undoing, as they aren't able to be relied upon when things get untidy"

"Whats with the stars? Well I dunno, some ancient rune for some old forgotten gods or some such, but where has that gotten you lot so far? with so many of you buried and killed I am surprised you lot keep on carrying on, though I have to give it to you all that determination is your good side."

"Suppose what is done is done then eh?"

Anyone else have any 'last words'?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"High Justice Ironbriar, you have told us a great deal of valuable information! This has been a good help. I hope this will be the first step to you finding your way to a better deity than one you've been worshipping. Perhaps Cayden Cailean may show mercy upon you some day! I wish you well on your journey in the hereafter, High Justice Ironbriar."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Oh Miss Zomesco that call outside sounded like Sir Karlan, reckon you could be so obliging as to step out and give him a hand? Probably needs more rope. I'll just make sure the good Justice here is ready to move shortly..."

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Celestra I think that one them idiots may have been severely injured falling into one my pits. I bet Karlan needs your assistance gettng his legs ready for the march home. I have grown bored with this unpleasentness. Let's see if if we can go help him out." Perdition says offering his hand to the cleric.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Oh, Justice, those seven sided stars. They are used to provide power to the evil Runelords who ruled ancient Thassollia several thousand years ago. This is the realm that created much of the gigantic ruins such as the Irespan in Magnimar and other similar structures throughout Varisia. You financial victims were intended as sacrifices to the Runelord of Greed. Trust me on this. When you meet Father Skinsaw, he is not going to be happy that you were acquiring sacrifices for someone other than him.

Turning to Celestra and Perdition: Yeh, we better check on the thugs, they will have a long walk back to Magnimar and we would not want anyone injured.

Bluff(aid another):1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

I then follow Celestra and Perdition to the door where I make sure that nobody returns before the Justice attempts his failed escape.

Have we searched the whole sawmill at this point?

4,351 to 4,400 of 7,820 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.