Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


3,901 to 3,950 of 7,822 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry unconsciously screws up his face at the mention of staying in the wealthy Marble District, but then his expression returns to normal.

"Makes sense, but we will stick out and make a good target for thoise that might want to put us off the trail. We wont be hard to find. So anyway I suppose we need to get along to the Publishing house, as well as any Foxglove residence eh?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

While the wealthier district does sound enticing, I think that a clean inn in a more nondescript neighborhood will be preferable.

@DMZZ - using the previous local knowledge roll, do I know of any good inns in the area that would make a good centrally located base for us to work out of?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Likewise, Harry begins looking and sniffing out a suitable venue that might be good to operate from.

Knowledge:Local 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Map of Magnimar with legend

You are now in district 9 "Bazaar of Sails" a mixture between a merchant's quarter and a dock district. The Dockway district (10) is a bit cheaper and the place where most sailors live.

@ Ailetha and Harry: If you tell me what kind of district you would prefer I would name you some tavern that you find suitable.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

My vote is for 8 - the Vista. Centrally located and fairly close to the docks without being on the water.


Male Human Paladin 8

I'm okay with 8. Still going to see the watch once we get established at an inn.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Perdition wrote:
Noting Celestra's hug with the sailor, Perdition sings a little immature song, with lyrics best unrepeated, as he walks past her. Then attempts to scramble away like some annoying little brother.

"Perdition, you get back here! I don't want to hear another chant, rhyme or annoying little sound out of you again this day! Otherwise I will see that your ale goes sour tonight!"

Ailetha wrote:
"While the wealthier district does sound enticing, I think that a clean inn in a more nondescript neighborhood will be preferable."

"Well, my friends, you appear to know this place better than me! Have you all been here before? If you think Vista is a better place to stay, then I'll trust to your judgement. Besides, I'm not sure I can afford the rates in the marble district. This certainly seems like a nice city, so as long as I have a place to lay my head and a cozy pub to order a drink, I will be fine wherever we go! Lead us onward, my friends."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

8 it is


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

"Hhlhalahahahalha."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Celestra oh she acts so shy;
But now she's caught the officer's eye;
Beware the call of the Drunken Hero;
Its at that time Roben's will be zero;
Now his heart for the Aasimar does cry.


A part of the wealthy area of Magnimar known as the summit, the Vista district is home to up-scale businesses of all types. Well-off families own the houses here and rich merchants, politicians and officers of navy and guard are also among the inhabitants.

Vista is sandwiched between the road known as the Avenue of Honors in the north and the vast cliff known as the Seacleft to the south. Not only is the district home to wealthy businesses but it also houses several powerful trading organizations including the infamous Aspis Consortium whose Varisian headquarters is based here. The large greyish building is one of the few places in the Vista the locals usually shy away from.

As well as businesses Vista is also home to the estates of many of the city's well-to-do nobles who enjoy the breathe taking views over the shore region below. All of these estates are overshadowed by Mayor Haldmeer Grobaras estate, known as the Defiant's Garden. A palace made of alabaster with large gardens surrounding it.

Taverns are few here, but Ailetha remembers that she heard from one called "Place of Gold" in Speaker's Way.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry follows Ailethas lead, happy she seems to know what she's doing.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:

"Celestra oh she acts so shy;

But now she's caught the officer's eye;
Beware the call of the Drunken Hero;
Its at that time Roben's will be zero;
Now his heart for the Aasimar does cry."

"Was it that obvious, Luv? Although, He is rather cute." *TeeHee!* "I like the fact that he's an officer, and in the navy no less. But I'm not sure that I want to be tied down right now. I love my freedom too much!"

Celestra then lowers her voice, looks around to see that Perdy is not too close and then continues her conversation in whispered tones.

Ailetha or Perception DC 15:

"Although, he does want to meet with me. In fact, he set up a secret rendezvous with me at the Three Lion Fountain tomorrow afternoon. Do you think I should go? Do you even know where that is?"


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

After hearing Ailetha's little rhyme, Perdition wonders off to play with Harry's dog for a bit and then to tell a group of urchins that he is the king of the Azers.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Never having been into the more well heeled parts of Magnimar, Kanyk keeps quiet and lets the others lead the way, taking the time to experience the place.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Kanyk cocks an eyebrow at Celestra's whispered conversation but says nothing, not wanting to be seen to be eavesdropping.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Celestra:

It is your choice. But remember, he has a dangerous career dealing with pirates and Kovosans and the Chelliax navy. Likewise, we are dealing with some of the less savory elements. I say have fun, but remember that we are chasing undead trained assassins, so being discreet and careful is a must.

To all - The Vista is not the cheapest neighborhood, actually it is one of the more expensive, but I imagine that we can afford it. The central location and the concentration of merchants and nobility should also help with our search since many of them are in the money making industry which appears to be the principal target of these murders.

If I recall, I have heard that there is a perfect establishment that will fit our needs on Speaker's Way, I believe it is called Place of Gold. Yeh, it is an ostentatious name, but it should do.

Unless anyone objects, I lead the way to the inn.


The Place of Gold is a large manor-like inn fenced in by high white marble walls. A golden gate blocks your way, but is soon opened by two guards wearing golden breastplates. One looks at Perdition and the dog and arches an eyebrow, but the other just whispers

Adventurers

and lets you pass.

Inside the walls are stables, a small storage coop and the large inn building. Guests are standing on the veranda and eye you with a mixture of suspicion and awe - adventurers are a rather rare sight in this district it seems.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Well, at least we don't stand out eh?" Harry remarks, completely deadpan.

The 'adventurer' moves indside and asks to see the rooms, preferably not on the ground level, and nothing with a chimney.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra smiles to the Guards in Gold and says, "What a lovely inn you have here, gentlemen! When you get off duty, be sure to come inside and we can share a visit and a drink or two."

The aasimar looks around for the innkeeper and introduces herself. "Well met! Well met, my friend! What a lovely place you have here. I am Celestra Zomesco and my friends and I are looking for a place to stay for a little while visiting Magnimar. Do you have two or three rooms available for us?" Turning to the bard she quickly asks, "You wouldn't mind sharing a room with me, would you Ailetha?" Turning back to the innkeeper, she continues, "Yes, yes, three doubles would be great! Not double shots, double rooms. We'll save the shots for later." *Teehee* "I do hope you will join us for a drink and a visit once we get settled!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


The innkeeper, a haughty gentleman with a thin, twirled moustache, harrumphes and says

Welcome to the Place of Gold, the finest establishment in this neighborhood. May I ask for the name of your adventuring band?


Male Human Paladin 8

"Not really adventueres." Karlan interjects. "We're just watchmen from sandpoint with a bit of extra cash that figured we'd stay in a nice inn for once while we settle our business here."


Extra cash?

the innkeeper repeats

Well, names are all hollow words. How many roomd did you say do you need?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Three please, double occupancy with twin bed if they are available, my dear."


Surely they are, but due to certain new regulations in our accounting system you have to pay up front. 3 gp per room per day, my dear.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I scan the area looking for anything out of sorts.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Then turning back to the innkeeper:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Three gold per day because of regulations you say? That sounds a bit steep even for this fine district. I am sure that you can do better than that. Plus, if we are not otherwise detained, I would be happy to entertain your guests for in the evening as partial payment if our duties do not call us elsewhere. I have been known to draw quite the crowd at most inns where I have performed in the past.


Male Gnome 5 Sorcerer AC15/19 Mage Armor, HP25/25

Perdition says nothing after again being yelled at for "creeping" people out. "Just because I spoke to that lady in the orcish tongue, she didn't need to scream and run away. I swear humans have no sense of worldliness.", he says to no one in particular.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Well we'll work something out between us I suspect we won't be staying long. Don't mind the gnome he's a mind to breath fire through his mouth before he lets his thoughts smolder."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha wonders whether she can summon a large boot which will follow Perdition around and kick him in the pants on command.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Well I reckon we just get to the business at hand and back under sail as soon as we can; we headed to look for where the Foxgloves live? or off to visit the writers of the fine papers about information on the murders?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Either is fine. I want to see what else I can discover on these Runelords, and see if there is any connections. Obviously with this seven pointed star being carved on the murder victims, there is a connection. At the same time, we need to investigate the Foxglove manor and get more information on the assassins.

Since we only have a short day, lets drop by the library. I can return Brodert's books and see what I can find about the Runelords and this current use of their symbols.

Knowledge(history): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 <-- Just jumping the gun on this unless the majority wish to go elsewhere.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry nods agreement.


Male Human Paladin 8

"I'm still heading to the watch house. It's impolite to fish in another mans waters as they say in some of the finer taverns in sandpoint."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Well that's pretty good manners, and they might even have a few fish to throw us eh?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Should we split in two for the afternoon? Me and the half-orc brothers head to the library while Karlan and Celestra escort Perdition to the watch house where he is unlikely to start a major conflagration.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Somehow I think I'd rather have Harry and Kanyk with me. I think you'll find that their boredom is a lot harder on the concentration. Not to mention the impression those two would make."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I am more concerned about taking the mischievous fire bug into a library. We could split guys and gals. You four to the watch. The two of us to the library.


The innkeeper, hoping that an exotic singer like Ailetha could attract some customers, accepts 2gp per person per night, but that is definitely his last word. As you mention "Foxglove", he pipes in

The Foxglove House? Sold decades ago, as far as I know the Magnimarian branch lost all their money when one of them started to dabble in arcane things. Aldern, the youngest, still owns a very small house not far from here.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

"Watch house sounds good to me. Not like I'll be much cop in a library anyway and if Aldern's house is nearby we could go take a look once we've let the locals know what we're about."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Innkeeper wrote:
The innkeeper, hoping that an exotic singer like Ailetha could attract some customers, accepts 2gp per person per night, but that is definitely his last word.

"Now here, here, my good fellow, we will happily pay the two gold pieces per room, but two gold pieces per person would put us over the top of what you originally told us!"

Karlan wrote:
"Somehow I think I'd rather have Harry and Kanyk with me. I think you'll find that their boredom is a lot harder on the concentration. Not to mention the impression those two would make."

"Now hold on just a moment, Sir Karlan, I do not appreciate being lumped into the same category as our friendly, fiery gnome! However, now that you've said it, Perdy and I don't want to come along anyway. Besides, I have a very important purchase to make, and the kind gnome is going to escort me! Ailetha, my dear, would you accompany us as well. I think the muscle of the party want a little boy time with the guards. Besides, I could use your expertise at the Flute maker shop, and I have no doubt that we could be of assistance to you at the library. I assure you, Perdy will not make a scene. In fact he is marvelous with children and if their is a children's section, he would be great for entertaining and delighting them all!"

"Good day, gentlemen, we will see you back here tonight!"


Ah yes...per room...that what was I meant - of course

says the man with a weasel-like look on his face.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I'll go with Karlan, the Library doesn't really sound like my idea of a good afternoon"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Sighing, Ailetha accepts having the pyromaniac join here in a very flammable house of learning.

Sounds good. We will make our errands and meet back this evening. If you all go by the Aldern home, you look and do not enter. We assume that the fop was an assassin and we know he was a ghoul. But we do not know the timing of how and when he joined or was forced into either of these roles.


Male Human Paladin 8

Smiling quietly at Celestra's tirade and yet still getting what he wants he merely nods and hands the man 12 gold. "That should take care of my room for the next four days. Everyone else good?"

He says turning to the others.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Karlan wrote:
"That should take care of my room for the next four days. Everyone else good?"

Celestra replies to the paladin with a sweet smile and a mischievous twinkle in her eye, "Karlan, my dear, I was simply trying to save you some money by having you share a room with one of the other gentlemen in our party. However, if you are feeling rich enough, then by all means get yourself a private room. Perhaps, I misread you, my friend. Are you hoping to have a midnight visitor and a little privacy?"


Male Human Paladin 8

"I was taking care of the gentleman's room." KArlan says a little non-plussed.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Lighten up, Karlan. You know I cannot resist giving you a hard time! Besides, you have made it very clear that you are off limits to everyone except your own true love!"

Celestra pulls out 10 gold pieces and says to the innkeeper, "This will take care of a room for the lovely bard and myself for the next four nights, but I would also like to put in an extra 2 gold to open a line of credit for my drinking tab. I certainly do not want to go thirsty around here!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

The Drunken Hero's priest, prayed with a stein;
Now with the Inheritor's paladin must she align;
But instead they b!*!% and they moan;
So now demand I that they atone;
For Runelords 'n assassins must we devine.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Anyway, I'm dropping the traveling gear in our room for now."

With that the paladin looks down at the innkeeper expectantly.

Ironically if this was the HoJ group the inn would likely already be on fire.


Certainly :)

The innkeeper smiles and collects the money before he helps you with some directions.

The library is just...and Aldern's house is...yes, the watch...

@ Perdition and Ailetha

The Grand library of Magnimar is an impressive round building with a large white dome, so high that it easily overshadows all other buildings nearby. The domed roof is held by 50 marble pillars and in front of the central entrance is a small square where scholars and students meet and debate.

You notice several large groups of white doves which perfectly fit to the surroundings - they nearly melt with the stones around them.

@ Kanyk, Harry and Karlan:

The headquarter of the watch is a magnificent spire sparkling in the midday sun. It reaches an astonishing height and even juts out over the edge of the plateau that divides Magnimar in two.
Industrious soldiers and guards move in and out and the whole thing reminds you a bit of a bee hive.

I'm not sure where Celestra is now? And who wanted to go to Aldern's house?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra accompanies Perdition and Ailetha. While she walks the streets, she reminds herself to stay vigilant for any trouble.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"What a splendid sight!" She exclaims. "This is what I love about travel, new sights or remarkable architecture and culture! I cannot wait to see the inside! So Ailetha, my dear, what information are you hoping to find in this place?"

3,901 to 3,950 of 7,822 << first < prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.