Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


201 to 250 of 7,826 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 8
Heavy Harry wrote:
Certainly wasn't gentle...

Well you're a massive half orc swinging his huge club around indiscriminantly at a tiny female goblin. She's certainly going to bleed.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Gerlick!" Harry calls, "The good Sir here is injured! come lend your aid!"...(in round 6 :p )


Male Halforc Ranger 5

As the last Goblin's head collapses like an over ripe pumpkin hit with brick Kanyk pauses in his advance. He turns slowly on the spot, scanning the surrounding alleys and rooftops for any sign of other Goblins and listens carefully for any screams or other signs of trouble from other parts of Sandpoint.
Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Karlan's wounds are healed by Father Abstalar, who runs from injured to injured Sandpointian trying to rally the survivors and help those at the brink of death. He commands you to team up and stay together for the remainder of the assault. Objections?

As all goblins at the cathedral square lie dead on the ground, quiet and lifeless, you begin to realize what is happening: The formerly joyful fair has turned into a chaotic tumult. Shrieking little monsters run through the streets slaughter men, women and children. Drag horses and dogs in corners to slaughter them, steal babies from their dead mother's arms and hurl them at the next wall...

Woe and simultaneously horror and wrath inflame your hearts and souls. Grimly determined you follow a fleeing band of those ugly gremlins, who have been spotted by Kanyk, southwards, towards the marketplace as suddenly a barrel next to you explodes and a shower of splinters hits you like a hail of arrows.

Reflex Save DC 10 to avoid 2 points of damage.

After the first moment of shock has passed you notice that a band of goblins has surrounded you. Half of them are armed with fireworks?! and torches, the rest hopes that the dogslicers will do their bloody work.

Red=Normal Goblins
Magenta: Firework Goblins

Battle Mat


Male Human Paladin 8

Argh have to go to family thing be back this afternoon.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

reflex save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Kanyk easily twists away from the flying splinters, deflecting them off the thick hide of his armour. He straightens and strides straight over to the nearest Goblin, swinging his hammer at the infuriating creature's face. "I really really hate these little bastards."

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16


forgot initiative^^

Harry's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Nieve's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Gerlick's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Karlan's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kanyk's Initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Goblin's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Order:

Goblins (resolved)
Karlan (unresolved)
Harry (unresolved)
Nieve (unresolved)
Gerlick (unresolved)
Kanyk (resolved)

The goblins are just content with watching the explosion and mad cheering.


Gerlick will grimly walk towards the goblin (5ft step to B4) and then attempt to use his Death's Touch special ability on him. When he reaches out to grab the goblin his birthmark flashes bright green.

Death's Touch, Touch Attack vs AC 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11. Damage Roll 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7. The visual effect is to melt the flesh from bones, just FYI :D Also how much longer on Shield of Faith? It should last 10 rounds total, and we went through 6 already...do I still have the last 4?


Sorry Gerlick, it has expired.


DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:
Sorry Gerlick, it has expired.

Thats fine, still gonna try to melt a goblin. Hopefully their Touch AC is not higher then 11 >.>


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Forgot to specify but I moved to H4


"We're surrounded..."

Nieve is a little panicked by now; his staff is back in his room and he is surrounded by people whose names he does not even know. Calm yourself! Elyn is here too...

He draws a deep breath, placing his fingers over his left eye again; he calls upon the terror in his eye to instill doubt once more.

Evil Eye on the goblin in A3. -2 to attack rolls for 5 rounds, Will Save DC 14 to reduce it to 1 round. Do you prefer if I list the save conditions of the hex every time or would you prefer that I don't?


Male Human Paladin 8

Without even protesting or given his erstwhile allies a close look he simply moves to engage and

"Good". Karlan replied cheerfully as he batted one of the fire works away with his shield. "Means no matter what direction I go there's something in need of a good kicking."

Charging southward dunno if that tree is hindering terrrain there or not either way I go to . he descends down on one goblin with overwhelming force

Hmmm support gerlick or support Kanyk...well I'ma just move on down and start beating on that southern group and share with kanyk my sucktastic rolls.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11Save

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 +2 more if charge is allowed.
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Meant to say I move to H3.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry Reflex 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Thumper Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Excuse me Mr Gerlick" Harry exclaims as Thumper and he rush past, nearly barging into the brightly dressed other fellow "Pardon me Sir, coming through, gangway!"

Harry, still in a state of half undress, cloting bloodied and in tatters looks less the charming entertainer from before and more the save brute from inside a nightmare.


Harry - V R3
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Thumper - V R4
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 V CMD
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Be busy tomorrow getting stuff sorted out before the weekend so I'll post this now

Growing increasingly impatient with his lack of success in the flattening Goblins department Kanyk lets out a roar and swings his hammer at the Goblin before him as hard as he can.
Power attack, I know it increases the chance of missing but at least if Kanyk actually hits he'll hit really hard.
Attack and Damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 242d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17

EDIT: Ahaha, critical confirmation roll and damage 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 104d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 3) + 18 = 26
Ah well, I knew it couldn't last.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Messy! :p
[ooc]I'll have to pack form my weekend tomorrow{/ooc]


@ Nieve: Please keep posting the condition...at least for a while, until I know it by heart. @Karlan: That are not trees, they're smoke plumes :)

Will save Goblin1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

The goblin is totally shocked by Nieve's evil gaze, he pales and then decides that flight is maybe the best option!

Meanwhile Gerlick's fleshmelting touch misses the goblin by an inch, the ugly little creature is clearly agitated now.

Karlan chops one of the bonfire goblins down who dies with the *pop* of one of his firecrackers.

Before the goblin might have a chance to retaliate on Gerlick, Harry smashes him, while Thumper barks joyfully.

Rd 2:

Goblins (resolved)
Karlan (resolved)
Harry (unresolved)
Nieve (unresolved)
Gerlick (unresolved)
Kanyk (resolved)

The last remaining bonfire goblin lights his rocket and aims at Karlan...

Goblin attacking Karlan1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fortitude save DC to avoid being stunned for 1 rd.

in a spray of colours the paladin is hit hard!

The other goblin tries to stab at Kanyk...

Goblin attacking Karlan1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

and scores a scratch!

Only a jiffy later the goblin is maimed.

Battle Mat


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

RD 2

Noting the distance to the last Goblin is beyond one he can comfortably close in a hurry, Harry points to the remaining Goblin - "KILL!"

Animal Handling 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 V DC10

Thumper looks at Harry, happily wagging his tail.

...! never work with animals or children.


As two of the half-orcs dispatch the goblins in one end of the alley, Nieve turns around to see only one remains standing - and that Ser Karlan and one of the half-orcs seem injured.

He rushes over to Ser Karlan, mumbling a swift incantation under his breath; he touches the man's...armour? For a split second he is confused, but pries his fingers somewhere they can touch cloth or flesh, mending Ser Kerlan's wounds.

Move action to G3, standard action to cast Cure Light Wounds on Ser Kerlan, who is healed for 6 hit points.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Gerlick growls, moving forward, and quickly stares hard at one of the goblins before saying, in Goblin, "I am going to feast upon your flesh, and devour your soul filthy creature!"

Move up to F4, Intimidate Check to Demoralize the Goblin.

How this Works!:

You can use this skill to cause your opponents to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Success: If you are successful, the target is shaken for one round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten opponents in this way if they are within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you.

Fail: The opponent is not shaken.

Action

Demoralizing an opponent is a standard action.

Intimidate Check - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 OH FOR FCKS SAKE COME ON!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Gerlick the Broken wrote:
Intimidate Check - 1d20+10 OH FOR FCKS SAKE COME ON!

On the upside, it probably still worked, and he will be dead by the time it wears off. :)


Male Human Paladin 8

Ouchies. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Double ouchies.


A curse in his own tongue is just more than the goblin can bear. He throws his arms up in panic and turns round to flee...his flight ends only two metres later when the fireworks in his pockets explode and the goblin is transformed into a sticky patch of blood, intestinals and bones.

The ensuing combat pause gives you enough time to take a deep breath...there are still sporadic screams, the clanging of swords, support calls of the town guard and the shrill sounds of singing goblins...yet the situation seems QUITE safe at the moment.

But then suddenly you hear someone screaming and a dog barking frantically from the north...


Help me! Help me, their leader is going to kill my dog, help me!


Gerlick's ears catch the sound of the person, and he quickly tries to determine the cries source location. Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17. Once he is sure of the direction he will call out to his new comrades and then run off in that direction.


You're pretty sure that the sounds come from the White Deer Inn, just north of the new cathedral.


"Quick, the cries are coming from the north, near that White Deer Inn! Lets go!" Gerlick quickly is off, his robes flapping behind him, heading straight for the location.


Male Human Paladin 8

Shaking the ringign in his ears his feet follow before his brain manages to catch up. Grabbing his weapons off the ground in mid stride he half stumbles half runs in the direction of the yelling. Still, not even noticing the terrifying monstrosity he's following.


"Ser Karlan, are you alright?"

Nieve glances around at the half-orcs and the human when the cry is heard. One of the half-orcs takes the charge, running towards the White Deer Inn, and the confusion is too much.

"What...what's going on?" He calls out, almost angrily, hesitantly making his way after the half-orc, glancing at Ser Karlan and the two other half-orcs.


Glacing behind him as he runs, Gerlick calls back "The city is being attacked is that not obvious enough for you? Come along or stay, it makes no difference to me. But I want to help keep these people safe, as they have at least been kind to me!" Gerlick then turns back and continues his run. What am I doing right now?! he thinks to himself. I would never help people like this...


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk runs hard to keep up with Gerlick, ignoring the confused questions of the Half-elf and instead concentrating on the shouting and barking ahead of them. Aware of the other Half-orc's fragility he moves in front in an attempt to shield Gerlick from any chance firework attacks as they approach the inn. With his hammer dripping goblin innards, the generous splatters of gore trailing up his arms and the barely contained rage visible on his face, Kanyk probably wouldn't be the most welcome sight in most situations. But he imagines that even a very angry gore splattered Halforc is better than a murderous horde of murderous Goblins.


As you reach the street that leads along the White Deer, you are welcomed by exactly what Kanyk has already foreseen:

A group of goblins tries to block any further advancement while you are already able to observe the source of the cries for help.

A man and his loyal hunting dog have been attacked by a goblin commando, riding a goblin dog, and wielding his horsechopper (a lance like weapon) ferociously.

The hunting dog is already severly wounded and you think you have to hurry-the brave animal won't last much longer.

Red = normal goblins
Magenta = firework goblins
Pink = goblin commando

Harry's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Nieve's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Gerlick's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Karlan's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kanyk's Initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Goblin's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Rd 1 Order:

Goblins (unresolved)
Karlan (unresolved)
Harry (unresolved)
Nieve (unresolved)
Kanyk (unresolved)
Gerlick (unresolved)

Battle Mat


Desna smiles! Please help me dear people!


Round 1 Action for when I go...LAST

Seeing the situation, and realizing who the most dangerous opponent is, Gerlick quickly attempts to stare the goblin down and shouts, in the goblin tounge "Surrender now you filthy spawn of the abyss or I swear I will melt the flesh from your bones and feed it to your mother!"

After he attempts to freak the commando out, he takes a 5 foot step back, and gets ready for a fight.

Intimidate Check to Demoralize - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Demoralize Rules:

You can use this skill to cause your opponents to become shaken for a number of rounds. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.

Success: If you are successful, the target is shaken for one round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten opponents in this way if they are within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you.

Fail: The opponent is not shaken.

Action

Demoralizing an opponent is a standard action.

Shaken opponents suffer -2 to Attack Rolls, Skill Checks, and Ability Checks.

Well at least its better then a 2 >.>


Impressed by the smell of the ham roast, one of the goblins leaves his comrades for a quick meal. The other two meanwhile charge Karlan and Kanyk you swinging their dogslicers.

Goblin attacking Kanyk1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Goblin attacking Karlan1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Meanwhile the now shaken goblin commando misses the dog barely and the rest of the ugly creatures - at least those who are not su hungry - run towrads you...time is running out!

Battle Mat


Nieve sees the innocent man assailed by the goblin-in-charge, and he immediately mutters a curse under his breath; too far away to be affected by his eye, he gazes at the goblins attacking Ser Karlan; he instills doubt into the goblin's mind, and its defensive stance is weakened.

Evil Eye on the goblin in P-2; -2 AC for 5 rounds, Will Save DC 14 reduces this penalty to 1 round. Nieve moves 2 squares to the right, to R-1.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

If the two goblins in front of Kanyk are dead by the time his turn comes round he'll run full tilt toward the goblin Commando and move to F7. If the goblins are still standing he'll 'attempt' to smush them.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 92d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8
Seriously? A 4 and two 1s?


I swear we are being forsaken by the dice gods!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry is stuck behind his comrades and unable to charge he pushes through the line and moves to Q2, Thumper at his side...

(Both Hold action, Attack, on any who move in to engage)


Male Human Paladin 8

Eating the brunt of the goblins attack once more stupid flatfootednesshe responds in kind. He couldn't help but whistle and hum the goblins song as he went to his violent work.

In between verses hecalled. "Shoot down the mounted one we won't make it slogging through this!"

Then continued whistling again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Swing.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Potential Crit.
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Swing 2 (consider this on the other goblin if the first goblin doesnt survive the first hit)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Are your current HP in your profiles correct? Everyone got healed completely?

Rd 2 Order:

Goblins (resolved)
Karlan (unresolved)
Harry (unresolved)
Nieve (unresolved)
Kanyk (unresolved)
Gerlick (unresolved)

Like a vortex Karlan batters his way through the goblins bringing death with shield and sword. Smashing the feeble creatures aside, he makes way for the sprinting Kanyk while Harry moves to the right.

The goblins begin to understand that the newcomers are no city guards and refocus. The two firecracker goblins light their rockets and aim at Harry

Firework Goblin attacking Harry1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage1d6 ⇒ 3

Firework Goblin attacking Harry1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage1d6 ⇒ 3

If hit, Fortitude DC 10 to avoid being stunned for 1rd.

who is hit by a purple and blue blast!

The other goblins decide to protect their leader and attack Kanyk!

Goblin attacking Kanyk with Flanking1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Goblin attacking Kanyk with Flanking1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

One of them even manages to score a minor hit.

In the meantime the commando is able to land a vicious swing with his horsechopper - with a yelp the hunting dog dies. Simultaneously the nobleman runs behind the cover of a rain barrel.

Battle Mat


They killed my dog, this monster will come after me, please help fast!


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Updated my HP (now at 7). I forgot how deadly being a 1st level character can be.

Kanyk roars in pain as a goblin dogslicer hacks a deep gouge out of his thigh. He spins on the balls of his feet, bringing his hammer round in a blurred arc to smash into the Goblin who attacked him.
Attack and Damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 202d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 = 21


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Harry brushes off the flames, and runs over to the Goblin (K5) and starts laying in with his now rather gory club...


Harry - Move to L4
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Thumper -Move to K4
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 V CMD
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


21 damage? That would have been enough to erase the whole tribe *_*

Harry and Kanyk are both able to kill a goblin, now the party is in superior numbers!

Battle Mat


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

If Harry ganked the snotpile, would/can Thumper be holding his attack?


Sure


Nieve runs up next to the big half-orc, the one with the giant dog, gauging the distance from here to the goblin leader. Can't curse him yet...

Nieve moves to square L3.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

When Kanyk does finally hit something he seems to hit quite hard. I look forward to my first confirmed critical.


Seeing the human get mauled be a pair of goblins, Gerlick walks calmly over to him and lays a single hand on his back, forcing healing energy into him. When he does this, his birthmark glows white. "Be healed and get back into the fight human!"

Cure Light Wounds on Karlan - 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 HP Healed AND AS EXPECTED I ROLL MINIMUM! I KNEW IT I WOULD HAVE WON THE DAMN BET HAHAH I hate the dice roller.

201 to 250 of 7,826 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.