Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


101 to 150 of 7,962 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@

Lastwall, yes an interesting place with a very colourful, eh dark history. But back to Thassilon - I think you guessed it already, mhh? I'm a fanatic of its History. While most people believe the Runelords founded the Empire of Thassilon, it was indeed Xin, the great...

He waved the man goodbye and let him get on his way keeping jsut a quick eye on him as he went jsut before getting on his way to Father Abstalar's.

In the back of his mind the sage's words played themselves out. It was hard to beleive that this town had such history behind it. Then again he had been brought to famous battlefields in Ustalav where armies and demigods clashed that were little more than mist filled fields. So perhaps time was the greatest enemy to memory in this regard. In any case the delivery was a tleast a litle more interesting than he expected and looked forward to seeing the old sage again another time.


@Karlan:

Standing at the corner Festival Street/Prickleback Lane your gaze is locked to the old sage who slowly disappears in the joyful crowd. Suddenly someone slaps you on your back and as you turn around, you see a large Shoanti with tanned skin and a bear tattoo extending from his cheek to his bald head.

Hey Mister, you look very strong...are you interested in an armwrestling contest? I might be interested in betting some money on you.
My name's Garridan Viskalai, proprietor of the White Deer.

by the way the man emphasizes his job, you judge that he must be very proud to be the owner of that respectable inn.

You remember the White Deer, a wooden inn at the cliff in Sandpoint's north (SM 4).


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Viskalai but I should be getting back to Father Abstalar. Besides, I've little money of my own to wager on such a contest." Plus, he added to himself, I'm not entirely sure my order would appreciate any gambling on my part.


@ Karlan:

The shoanti's countenance expresses more than a little bit of disappointment

No harm meant, I think Father Abstalar is somewhere over there. he points to the stand you set up in the morning.

OK, I'll walk over to the armwrestling contest, heard there was also a Shoanti among them, farewell.


Male Human Paladin 8

Walking over to Father Abstalar Karlan made his presence known. "Delivered the message!" He said simply when he is finnally acknowledged.


@ Karlan:

You meet Father Abstalar at the stand where he speaks with another Shoanti, also a bald, muscled man. Yet, he has no tattoos and appears much more civilised than Viskalai...mentioning Viskalai - the man next to the Desna priest looks quite alike him.

After you have reported your delivery, Father Abstalar introduces you to the other man

Karlan, this is sheriff Belor Hemlock, the most dour man in Sandpoint, heh.

The sheriff just nods curtly and mumbles something.


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Karlan:

You meet Father Abstalar at the stand where he speaks with another Shoanti, also a bald, muscled man. Yet, he has no tattoos and appears much more civilised than Viskalai...mentioning Viskalai - the man next to the Desna priest looks quite alike him.

After you have reported your delivery, Father Abstalar introduces you to the other man

Karlan, this is sheriff Belor Hemlock, the most dour man in Sandpoint, heh.

The sheriff just nods curtly and mumbles something.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Karlan, his smile ever present, held out his hand in friendship to the sheriff and beamed. "It's nice to meet you sir! I admit I'm a great admirer of the work men such as yourself do."


The sheriff arches an eyebrow, but then he takes your hand with strong grip

Nice to meet you too, Father Abstalar just told me, you belong to a knight order from Lastwall?


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

The sheriff arches an eyebrow, but then he takes your hand with strong grip

Nice to meet you too, Father Abstalar just told me, you belong to a knight order from Lastwall?

Karlan nodded. "Aye. I officially became a paladin several weeks ago. The last paladin I served under sent me here after my vigil to gain some experience under Father Abstalar."


That's curious... at least a fight hasn't erupted.

Nieve directs his attention away from that sight, only to find that Elyn has pounced the nearby stall and its candied giant geckos - much to the dismay of the owner. "Elyn! By Shelyn's feathers..."

He snatches Elyn, sighing disappointedly at the critter, who is nomming on the treat. "I apologise, truly."

He reaches for his pouch and pulls out a gold piece. "Elyn seems to like these. Would a gold piece be enough for all the geckos he spoiled?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Bluff 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Harry puts in a good showing, but at the end of the day the local champion wins out in a close match.

"Well I am glad to see that the local reputation for strength is indeed what we suspected it to be, and am glad we were all able to end on a friendly note eh?" Harry offers to the 'champion'. He fishes in his prize purse from the previous match and places a gold coin down, keeping clear eye contact with Arno - contact which clearly states 'let this be the end of the matter'.

He then turns to the others "Mr Vhiski I am impressed by the measure of their strength, I am Harry and hail from Riddleport, the ship I was working on slipped under the waves a few days back and I am now in Sandpoint until I can find my feet to leave. And speaking of leave, I suppose it is time I took mine and honoured an earlier agreement to my cousins here."

Collecting up his stick and his dog, he waits expectantly for Kanyk to finish his match.


@ Harry, Kanyk and Gerlick:

Arno smashes his fist onto the table

Ha! I nu I coulda beat him, boss!

He grabs the gold coin, but since he lacks the teeth to test it's hardness, he presses his thumbnail in it.

Vhiski grins at you, and you can't help yourself but assume that he has got wind of your bluff, anyway, he replies

Mr. Harry from Riddleport, eh? It's a dangerous city and I don't want to f.uck with someone from there, so, Mr. Harry feel welcomed in Sandpoint, your talents have been most impressive.

@ Karlan:

Sheriff Hemlock nods and adds

Father Abstalar is a godsend. The Late Unpleasentness...the things that occurred five years ago have shaken this city to its very foundations. It is impressive how Zantus' spiritual guidance has brought this city back onto the path of righteousness. I think he will be a perfect mentor for you.

@ Nieve:

The stand owner looks at the geckos Elyn has carried away or noshed and says with a smile

Just gimme two silver pieces, nice...ummm what is that you have there, a ferret?


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:


Sheriff Hemlock nods and adds

Father Abstalar is a godsend. The Late Unpleasentness...the things that occurred five years ago have shaken this city to its very foundations. It is impressive how Zantus' spiritual guidance has brought this city back onto the path of righteousness. I think he will be a perfect mentor for you.

Karlan nodded. "I've only been here but a short while but thus far I've been little more than an errand boy. Part of me thinks that was the point. Still," He shrugged. "If you ever have need of me and Father Abstalar can spare me from doing chores I'd be happy to do some things more in line with the nature of my training."


@ Karlan:

At this point Father Abstalar chimes in

Oh yes, why don't you join the militia during their night patrols? I could spare you during the nights and if you just sleep a little longer, it will do your service at the cathedral no harm.

The sheriff ponders about Abstalar's suggestion for a moment, then nods

This sounds reasonable and I would like to see someone that has gone through such a thorough training, in the rows of my men.


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Karlan:

At this point Father Abstalar chimes in

Oh yes, why don't you join the militia during their night patrols? I could spare you during the nights and if you just sleep a little longer, it will do your service at the cathedral no harm.

The sheriff ponders about Abstalar's suggestion for a moment, then nods

This sounds reasonable and I would like to see someone that has gone through such a thorough training, in the rows of my men.

Karlan nodded. "That sounds perfect. I look forward to working with you."


@ Karlan:

The sheriff pats your shoulder and says

Good, since today is a day of festivities, there are neither guards nor patrols in the streets. Just meet me tomorrow at dusk at the barracks.

and Father Abstalar adds

Well Karlan, you have done everything I wanted; for the rest of the day, do whatever you would like to do...you could use the time to get to know our nice town.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Regardless of the outcome of the arm wrestling match between Kanyk and the Varisian, Harry will wander with them to the nearest Inn of clean and reasonable standing and order bread and cheese, three tall ales, and a piece of bloody meat from the tavernkeeper.

"Strange day indeed to find two cousins also arriving in town, but it has proven so far to be a bit of a good luck charm eh? Mr Kanyk I thank you for stepping up to ensure fairness, and Mr Gerlick I thank you for a kindness you offered to strangers that no doubt you haven't been often shown."

"My luck was due for a change, my fortunes sank with the ship I was employed on and all I have is my shirt, my hands, and my best friend here" he points to the dog gnawing on the meaty chunk "And around eight gold from that match. Here's to hoping it is enough to get me started again and into gainfull employment. Anyhow, what brings a forest runner and a healer into town? Here for the festival?"

DMZ:Assuming that all costs Harry a gold, and in a lull he will try and talk to the Innkeeper: "Evening Sir, notice that theres a lot of strangers in town here for the festival, need an additional hand to look after the place at night?" kind of deal, looking for board and lodging at a reputable establishment. And the location of a clothing shop, cant look like an unmade bed, its not right!


Nieve puts the gold back and finds three silvers, which he hands to the man.

"Three silver, I would like to try one as well. Elyn here is a weasel," he laughs, rubbing the weasel's cheek. "Thank you for being so calm about this, Elyn has a mind of his own."


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Arm wrestling check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Arm wrestling check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Arm wrestling check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

While Harry takes his turn at the table Kanyk introduces himself to Vhiski.

"Pleased to meet you, Kanyk of the Shriikirri-Quah, raised in the badlands of the Storval uplands. Spent the last few years working on an off as a caravan guard and heavy lifter and I think there isn't a settlement in the whole of Varisia I haven't been to in the last few years."

When Harry is done Kanyk sits to take his turn, shrugging off his pack and unhooking the huge spiked hammer from his back and setting both at his feet.


Gerlick quietly watches the matches, content to simply wait. When Harry leaves for the Inn he follows, keeping a good eye out to see if he spys anything bizarre or interesting around them.

Perception Check - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 and I see NOTHING but pretty flowers!


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Karlan:

The sheriff pats your shoulder and says

Good, since today is a day of festivities, there are neither guards nor patrols in the streets. Just meet me tomorrow at dusk at the barracks.

and Father Abstalar adds

Well Karlan, you have done everything I wanted; for the rest of the day, do whatever you would like to do...you could use the time to get to know our nice town.

Karlan nodded and thanked the priest before meandering off toward the inn that was mentioned taking in the sights and sounds of the city his gaze soemtimes drifintg nervously back to the broken watchtower.


@ Kanyk, Gerlick and Harry:

Pietro seats himself opposite of Kanyk and grits his teeth as he begins to pull wrists

Arm wrestling check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Arm wrestling check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Arm wrestling check1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

In the end, it's a very close match but Kanyk wins. Disappointedly Pietro gives him five gold pieces and Jubrayl says

Very good Mister, the Shriikirri-Quah you say? Just like our sheriff and his brother...anyway, it was nice to make your acquaintance, but now, I have more important matters to attend.

You three venture to the nearest tavern, it's the Rusty Dragon (SM 37). Named after the rusted iron dragon that works both as a lightning rod and sign. The tavern is pretty full and in the backyard there is a large barbecue set up. Soon you notice that the salads, the grilled trouts, salmons and catfishes and steaks are all free.

A handsome woman of about thirty years strolls through the taproom and the backyard and greets everyone she meets - she must be the proprietor, Ameiko Kaijitsu. As Harry adresses her and asks for a job, she just smiles and says

Wow, I bet you'd make a good bouncer my friend. But today...everyone is just happy and I don't think that trouble is about to come. Nevertheless: I'd like to invite you to stay tonight at the Rusty Dragon for free.

Lots of flowers Gerlick...you have to pull your hood back :-)

@ Nieve:

The stand owner smiles and expresses his hopes that you enjoy the fair. As you turn around to the marketplace, the three half-orcs walk past you into the Rusty Dragon.

@ Karlan:

Nearly simultaneously Karlan also reaches the Rusty Dragon and he suddenly feels his rumbling stomach as he smells the barbecue.


Chuckling as he takes a bit of steak, Gerlick nudges Harry with his elbow. "Think you have an admirer there sir." Gerlick begins to slowly eat the piece of meat, enjoying each bite as if it was the last thing he was going to be eating for a while.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Gerlick the Broken wrote:
"Think you have an admirer there sir."

"And indeed a room for the night to go with her, my luck seems to be improving well and truly since meeting you pair, by this time next week I might well be the mayor!" He grins his handsome roguish grin from ear to ear. "Think I might stay here a while indeed..."

Presume my gold piece was spent buying rounds then :)


Taking a sip from his ale, Gerlick nods. "I don't know how long I will be staying. I just got into town two days ago, and I need to see if I can find any information about a possible cure for my...condition." Gerlick looks around the garden, trying to see how crowded it is and looking for possible quick escape routes, just in case.

Perception Check weee to see if I can identify quick ways out...just in case you know. Lynch mobs and the like! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry notes Gerlicks glances, and can tell what all that is about because he thinks the same way.

"I think that lass was right, there's no trouble to be had from this lot today, I reckon the likely lads for mischief were those Varisians, but I don't think they'll be showing up at a place like this wagging their chins for trouble"


The quickest escape road goes over a 2.2m high wall...not that quick regarding your weak arms.


Gerlick looks back at Harry, eye to eye. "I don't trust that man...that Vhiski. He just...he just screams problem to me." Looking back into the crowds, the oracle pulls his hood closer unconciously. "I don't do well with crowds....this is making me nervous." Gerlick begins to fidget a bit as he finishes his steak, and takes a large gulp of the ale that Harry bought.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I don't trust him either, I know his type all too well. Keep clear of him and he'll stay clear of us."

"This crowd will be ok Mr Gerlick, I don't think too many will come wandering close, and for what it's worth I'll do my bit to ensure no one bothers you too much... besides, Mr Kanyk here is a big lad too, how many people want to front this table with less than perfect manners eh? two large lads and one big dog send a bit of a subtle message."

Harry gives Gerlick his best consoling and understanding look.


Yet, all three of you notice that many of the festival visitors shoot the hooded half-orc curious looks. While Gerlick is quite skilled in hiding his face, whenever someone spots something from under the cloak, there is a low stifled squeal or curse...


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry does his best to keep the feeling at the table jovial, and tries to keep his new friend as comfortable as possible, though something in his eyes is a little distant.

The small child follwed at the heels of his Orcish trainer as they walked the back alleys of Riddleport, despite the trainers gruff demeanour and brutish appearance it was clear that he and the child had a kinship. Rounding the corner of an alley there was a bit of a commotion and an overripe tomato was hurled, striking the Orc on the side of the head. Young Harry was livid at the insult and went to charge into the crowd to pummel them with his fists, but only managed to get two steps before being collared by the Orc. "Lesson two, they hate what they fear"


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk sits sipping his ale and listening quietly to Gerlick and Harry's conversation, nodding in agreement with Gerlick's opinion of Vhiski but not adding his own thoughts on the man.

"I am not fond of large crowds myself if truth be told. Only really managed to build up a tolerance for people recently and quite often the people aren't quite so tolerant in return."

S


After a few minutes of people making muttered curses and squeals, despite Harry's statements, Gerlick suddenly stands up, fidgeting a bit. "I just remembered...I uhhh have to go deal with something. Thank you for the drink, Harry. I uhh can be found in the graveyard if you need me." Then quickly, before anyone can stop him, Gerlick walks off through the crowd, out the inn, and almost runs his way back to the comfort of the cemetary. They were watching me...I hope they dont follow me. The last thing I need to do is start a fight. Gerlick quickly tries to find a nice quiet hiding place in the back of the cemetary, as far away from the street as he can.

Stealth Check! Untrained sadly (for now!) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Gerlick is able to find a place to hide himself next to Naffer Vosk's shed. The coolness shadows soothes his skin and eases his mind...maybe their reaction was just normal...at least they weren't aggressive...


It's about noon as the word spreads that the first speech is going to be held in a couple of minutes. The marketplace empties quickly and the crowd moves to the square in front of the new cathedral to listen to Mayor Kendra Deverin.

I just assume that you follow the people of Sandpoint. @ Gerlick, you can observe everything from the graveyard.

Obviously the small yet resolute woman is very popular amongst the people from Sandpoint, since everyone cheers as she ascends the podium.

After clearing her throat nervously, she begins her speech

Good folk of Sandpoint, this is going to be the first day of a brighter future. Through our industrious work, our superb morals and our sacrificial willingness to cooperate, we were able to drive away the dark memories and errect this beacon of prosperity that now looms behind me.
I think it is a good sign that even Larz Rovanky joined us and left his workshop unattended. Larz, I know that under normal circumstances, you'd never leave your work, this means much to me and all other inhabitants of Sandpoint.

While this comment is surely mocking to a certain degree, you can judge by the other people's reaction that there is also some truth in it.

Let us hope and pray to Abadar that we will never ever encounter something like the Late Unpleasantness again and that Sandpoint will develope into a city that outshines Magnimar and Korvosa during the next two decades.

After her speech has ended, the crows applauds and roars in joy. Mayor Deverin meanwhile descends the podium and joins Father Abstalar and the sheriff at the nearest wine stand.

The next speech, the sheriff's, will be held in about one hour – anything you would like to do before it starts?


Gerlick will watch the proceedings from the graveyard for now, staying hidden as best he can while watching. I am guessing the new Cathedral is near me correct?


The strangely shaped building next to the graveyard (SM 2)is the cathedral.


Thats what I thought...Stealth check to stay hidden from view! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 What is with the 15s?!

Gerlick peeks through the fence upon hearing the start of the speech, and then pales a bit (as much as an already pale person can!) upon seeing the ginormous crowd that has gathered. He does his best to stay hidden in the graveyard, trying to spy out his acquantinces in the crowd.

And a perception check to spot my fellow halfbreeds 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Yay high roll!


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk follows the flow of people into the square but hangs back and stays near the edge of the crowd. While listening with half an ear to the Mayor's speech he scans the square for any sign of the hooded halforc, mildly worried about him after he had fled the Tavern.

Perception check to spot Gerlick 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 I spy with my little eye something beginning with..

Spotting the telltale hood in the shadow of the Cathedral, Kanyk (assuming Harry is nearby) taps Harry unobtrusively on the elbow and nods his head in the direction of Gerlick before giving the hooded halforc a small wave to attract his attention in case he hadn't spotted them.


Male Human Paladin 8

Wow this is what I get for going to work.

Karlan, in hunger goes to the nearest food dealer to grab a bite to eat.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

As the festivities are about to start, Harry gulps down his ale and heads to the square qith Kanyk, keeping an eye out for what shops are in town. Some clothes and a decent blade are on his mind.

Kanyk wrote:
taps Harry unobtrusively on the elbow and nods his head in the direction of Gerlick

"It seems our cousin Mr Gerlick is a little uncomfortable in busy places, I supopse they don't normally welcome him with open arms. He'd probably find Riddleport a more accepting place, though I can't say the palce itself has much to commend it."


Nieve is not overly impressed by the mockery in the Mayor's speech, though the cheers from the crowd is impressive. He and Elyn keep closer to the ocean, watching the festivities while enjoying the candied geckos.

I'm not sure what to do, really.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk frowns at the mention of Riddleport, memories of long nights stood outside a warehouse interspersed with exceedingly violent encounters with the local lowlifes drifting into his thoughts.
"I've no fondness for Riddleport, had to hurt too many people and had too much cargo stolen there to like the place. But it does treat everyone equally badly in my experience so that could be something in its favour."


Noticing the two other half orcs, Kanyk and Harry, Gerlick sighs and then turns to go back behind the Cathedral. If I have seen one speech I have seen them all. Better to hide and avoid starting a riot, and ruin the festival.

Gerlick looks around for a nice tree that is behind the cathedral and hidden from view of the front, so as not to cause any issues.

Gerlick is just gonna sit under a tree at the back of the Cathedral for now, unless someone comes to bother him.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"How'd you do that!?" little Harry asked the Great Maudlin as the coin vanished and reappeared in his pocket. The entertainer come pickpocket simply smiled "Magic". Harry looked a little crushed, not a magic bone in his body. Maudlin laughed at him, the painted man then slowly showed Harry the technique to palm a coin..."See?".

Giventhat there is a group of people all now standing around with not much to do, Harry quickly seizes on the opportunity.

Grabbing a few nearby props with a "Beg your pardon squire" here and a "Will be right back with it there", he moves to the side of the crowd with the most kids around and drops an apple crate.

"Now you see it, now you don't!" he says with a flourish of his hand, making a small coin disappear. Harry continues to perform for the crowd with his array of small parlour tricks, vanishing acts, and the old favourite 'vanished coin from a childs ear' game. Of course all his patter is friendly and jovial, but with the odd 'suggestively cheeky' innocent double entendre at any young ladies.

Sleight of Hand 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

(As a 'performance' under the skill):
You can also use Sleight of Hand to entertain an audience as though you were using the Perform skill. In such a case, your “act” encompasses elements of legerdemain, juggling, and the like.

At the end, Harry proffers up an empty mug and places it on the table "If you enjoyed what you saw here today folks then think of todays entertainment and drop a coin in the cup to keep an honest man in honest labour; I'm here all week at the Rusty Dragon"


Male Human Paladin 8

Finally had a chance to sit down and read through thigns so I'll get myself caught up.

Karlan listened to the speech. It was...passable. He'd read the greatest inspirational speeches made by the greatest generals fighting against the most dire enemies. They used words like "darkness" or "lord of evil" or "righteousness". "late unpleasantness" made it sound like bad weather over a tea party. Stuffing his face as he watched he clapped when expected.

He watched in mild bemusement at the half orc's antics gnawing at a ham bone. As he finished his act Karlan smiled and tossed what was left of the bone to the dog before dropping a silver piece in the cup and moving on. He wasn't much for street entertainment but the last time he saw a half orc that big it was kicking his face into the mud telling him how he was a no good lousy fighter hardly worth the spit to shine his sword. Good times, being a squire.

Harry gains 1sp. Karlan loses 1sp


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Karlan Bladetwist wrote:
As he finished his act Karlan smiled and tossed what was left of the bone to the dog before dropping a silver piece in the cup and moving on.

Harry notes the generosity "Thank you Sir, your coin is appreciated" then turns he to the crowd, loudly proclaiming "There you have it ladies and gentlemen, a fine noble born sire has given his acclamation of the show you have seen here today by putting coin to cup, a man of culture who has no doubt seen some of the greatest Varisian perfomers has been moved to donation, will you too follow in his noble footsteps?"

Diplomacy = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 +1 for females in the audience.

Thanks :)


@ Harry:
The people of Sandpoint are surprisingly interested in your little show. Firstly only kids gather around your crate, but soon there are like thirty men and women watching your performance. - This is obviously not Riddleport and these people are easy to impress by some minor rogue tricks - good for you. In the end you find one gold piece and 22 silver pieces in your cup.

@ All:

Most of the people stay at the cathedral square and don't return to the marketplace and since here are also a lot of wine and beer stands, barbecues and everything else the hungry inhabitants of Sandpoint like, there is no need to return to the centre of the town. The break between the speeches feels even shorter than an hour and as the sheriff climbs the podium, you still have the mayor's speech ringing in your ears.

The sheriff, a broad-shouldered, bald-headed Shoanti, who lacks the typical tribal tattoos, takes his time after he has found his place behind the speaker's desk. His dark eyes glower over the crowd and he locks his gazes with several Sandpointians...who prefer to look down after a second...

With dour countenance he slowly begins to speak

Citizens of Sandpoint...bah...you all know that I hate giving speeches. I just wanted to say: Stay calm, don't get too drunk, don't start a fight, don't roar at midnight, don't curse and swear, don't gamble, don't...

Suddenly Father Abstalar clears his throat loudly and the sheriff stops his sermon

OK, ummm, I think you understood what I wanted to say...just don't do anything that could annoy me. Oh and I like the new cathedral too!

He ends his speech and there is only scattered applause...

Again one hour time. If no one has anything important to do, I'll soon carry on.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry looks into the cup, then counts his coins.

Looking somewhat surprised by the result he counts them again, a broad smile crossing his features.

After enjoying the 'most uncomfortable speech' delivered by the Sheriff he continues to merrily feast off the largese of the town eating contendedly. During the lull between speeches he also prepares a pile of food and delivers it to Gerlick.

"Can't have you missing out on the celebration entirely Mr Gerlick!" he proclaims when delivering the fare, before heading back to the square to enjoy the merriment.


If anyone wants to retcon something, just go for it. Otherwise I will carry on with the speeches.

The third one to climb the speaker's podium is Cyrdak Drokkus. A man in his forties with long curly brown hair and a small moustache (the D'Artagnan type). His looks are rather exotic for down-to-earth Sandpoint: He wears shiny black jackboots, bright red knickerbockers and a very close fitting white tricot that leaves his muscled arms bare.

After he has climbed the podium he crouches behind the speaker's desk and as he rises he has some lemons in his hands which he throws into the audience

Alas! As usual the sheriff has forgotten to take his sour mood with him...but there is hope: I, Cyrdak Drokkus, Impressionario Extraordinario, am here to lift your hearts and bring you the festival feeling back. But, let us start with a famous quote from Absalom all-star actor Tenryko Villaverde: There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

Think about it and let also sink into your mind that my theatre (SM 23), a playhouse that can easily be compared with the best houses of Magnimar shows a play...a play so impressive in its dramatical impact, you will never forget it. Let me announce that we will present you „The Harpy Curse – or Is there Love on Mountaintops?“ on the following next three weekends.

The people cheer and applaud, looks like the play has quite a reputation...

And let me also tell you that Magnimar's most hailed actress and grand diva Allishanda is going to play the role of Avisera the harpy queen.

The ardour of the crowd now reaches a climax and everyone is eagerly interested in how and when to buy tickets. A continuation of Cyrdak's speech is futile and with a broad smile on his face the proprietor of the theatre leaves the podium.

Only a minute later Father Abstalar walks over to Karlan and tells him

Karlan, I need your strong arms, you have to help me wheel the wagon into the square.

I'll assume you help Karlan.

101 to 150 of 7,962 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.