Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


51 to 100 of 7,938 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 8

"Good morning!" Karlan said cheerfully holding out the parchment. "Father Abstalar quested me to bring this to a Mr. Quink."


"It is a sight, yes... always a different face on the streets when you walk them."

Nieve glances out the window as well, having finished his meal. He wondered if Ameiko would enjoy the tales of Magnimar as well, though Tian Xia was a lot more intriguing, at least for Nieve. Realising he should probably pay for his breakfast, he grasps for his gold pouch. "Oh, how much for the meal?"


Male Halforc Ranger 5
DM Zyren/Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Kanyk:

As you have finished helping to unload the wagon, the man slaps you on your back

Good job lad, me name's Bjorn, Bjorn Thunderclap.

He sweeps the sweat from his forehead and blinks into the sun.

The weather is weird, isn't it, the sun seems to believe we are in Geb, heh.

Kanyk shrugs his sweaty shoulders at the praise, as if helping was nothing.

"Not sure why I didn't mention it before but my name is Kanyk and I'll admit I didn't notice the weather. Think it comes with growing up on the Storval Plateau, the heat doesn't much bother me."
Having said that Kanyk realises that his throat is quite dry so the heat and strenuous exercise might have affected him more than he realised.
"That isn't to say that I wouldn't take you up on that mug of mead."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry looks at the assorted men, taking their measure.

He then feels his jaw, "No tusks here, but I guess I at least have the benefit of knowing who my father was eh? anyhow you may well be right, I am not one for standing around blowing hot air all day so perhaps this isn't the place for me. I'm new in town, could you be kind enough to point me in the direct me to where the actual men are expected to be? Otherwise name the prize, and gird your loins and lets you and I prove you more than a sheep bleating at the lion"

"Fists, feet, and grappling - or do you just prefer to use your mouth?"

Harry moves to a fence and ties Thumpers leash to it, ordering him to sit, then strides over to the sawdust circle, without even waiting for an answer.


Holy crap I just realized that the guy playing Harry is the same guy playing the bad-ass Psuedodragon in Megan's Legacy of Fire game! WOOT!

Seeing himself ignored by the other half orc, Gerlick sighs, and then goes over to sit near the dog. He doesn't get within range of the dogs leash however, as he is not sure what the dog will do.

He watches as Harry wanders into the ring, and waits to see what will happen.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Noticing the other Half Orc's demeanour Harry shoots an aside.

"Nothing personal here cousin, but I believe this man has put some holes in his manners and needs to be set straight. There's never excuse for rudeness to strangers. We'll have a beer shortly. Don't mind Thumper, he doesn't bite...usually"


Gerlick chuckles, and removes his hood, his ravaged peeling face visible, the birthmark standing out in contrast to the rest of his face. "I have not been called cousin before, and so far I have met now two friendly people in this town. That's two more then usual for me."

Glancing over at the dog, Gerlick ponders it, and then edges a bit closer to it, slowly. "Well if any of you, even the rude humans, get hurt, I will take care of you." Leaving his hood off for a change in the hopes that it will unnerve the humans, Gerlick watches the coming fight with interest.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry grins a broad chiseled smile, cutting quite the heroic looking figure... he really is that good looking.

"Harry Handsome, and my pleasure to meet you...cousin"


"Gerlick. Gerlick the Broken...for obvious reasons."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry has a warm chuckle of appreciation at Gerlick's self depreciating humour. He gives Gerlick a polite nod and continues his manly stride to the fighting area.


@ Harry and Gerlick:

As you turn your head back from Gerlick to the sawdust ring a hand with outstretched fingers flies past your eyes missing them only by an inch.

The Varisian quickly hops back into the sawdust ring as soon as you have gaineda defensive stance.

Now come on laddie, time to show me what you got!

Init time, eh? I think we don't need a map :-)

@ Karlan:

Old Brodert Quink takes the parchment from you and gazes south

Thx for the letter, boy, I'm mr. Quink...or rather Grand Engineer of Janderhoff and Master Librarian of Magnimar Quink. Tell me, are the festivities already opened? And by the way, who are you, you're not one of the boys from town, are you?

@ Kanyk:

Bjorn hands you a small pack with smoked fish in it and a mug of mead. While you begin to eat you notice a strange sight at the western end of the marketplace: Two half orcs are involved in some kind of quarrel with a group of local Varisians, then suddenly, one of the locals assaults the larger half-orc from behind...

@ Nieve:

Bethana smiles and says

No payment Nieve, your stories were enough...

she sighs again and looks out of the window.

You should really take a look at the festival now.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Dirty!

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Now are we 'Round 1' or do I get a cheap shot back? :p


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Never mind, Ill move along to keep the show going

Round 1

The gruff Orc looked at the halfbreed child "What is it the humans fear?" he asked. The boy looked up to him, the sorrowful soft angelic features looking piteous and frail next to the orcs heavily tattooed and ritually scarred face. The small voice escaped the child "They fear the things in the dark and the dark itself, they fear my father, they fear my kind, they fear being eaten, they fear pain, they fear the lash, they fear suffering, they fear death." From his young features glared eyes hard as nails, a savage stare unsettling on one so young. Dismissed from his days martial training with Scarrag, young Harry returned to the bordello to carry out his days labours.

The old Warrior of Riddleport smiled at the answer, then ruffled the boys hair. "you learn quickly runt, you will never be one of us you have so much elf in you its disgusting, but they will learn to fear you anyway"

Round 1

Harry is no longer Harry.
In his place is a furious beast, his handsome features now replaced by those of a snarling beast, bloodthirsty and screaming for death.

A savage cry shatters the drone and chatter of onlookers as the beast steps in to fight.

Intimidate - 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 - RUN FORREST!

Frightening:
: Whenever a thug sucessfully uises intimidate to demoralise a creature the duration of the shaken condition is increased by 1 round; in addition, if the creature is shaken for 4 or more rounds the Thug can instead decide to make the subject frightened for 1 round.

And 'Fighting Defensively' in case...


@ Harry

Passersby stop and the tumultuos bustling around the sawdust rings halts as the unearthly cry is perceived...

All colour drains from the Varisian's face and instead a large dark stain expands below his waistline. For a moment he seems just frozen by the shock, then he turns around and runs to the harbour...his Varisian friends just gawk and try to avoid eye-contact with you

C'mon Harry it's level 1!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

He glowers at the rest of the cowed Varisian fighters.

"Is there a purse I am supposed to be collecting, or do you have another fighter I am supposed to face?"


Gerlick watches the Varsian run off after Harry's outburst, and chuckles. "Very nicely done there Harry." Gerlick continues to watch the crowd, enjoying the nice day.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk nods his thanks to Bjorn and chewing on his fish he heads over to see what all the fuss is about. Arriving just in time to see hear the inhuman howl and see the big Varisian hightailing for the Harbour Kanyk's face splits into a toothy grin and he claps in appreciation, calling out a question into the hush following Harry's performance.
"How the bloody hell did you manage that? Looks like that guy got jumped by a full grown Spirewalker. Never seen a man so scared in all my life."


"Then I thank you, Bethana, for the meal and for enjoying my stories. I will join the festival now. I hope to speak with you again."

He waves goodbye to the halfling, having enjoyed the breakfast; he makes his way to the marketplace, curious of what he will see that is of beauty.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry pauses a moment, his brows knit in surprise.

"Unless I am mistaken this would make two cousins I have here today."

His brow untangles for a moment, and his charming smile returns, "Once you know how to get deep into the mind of a man, yuo will find he is usually all to eager to see it your way. Pleased to meet you both, Harry Handsome, or Heavy Harry as I am known in Riddleport. Debt collector, bounty hunter, occasional rogue and full time ne'er do well. And I am most pleased to make your acquaintances... and make them further in the nearest Inn we shall, once these chaps have paid up any purse there was on todays matches."

The scowl returns "So what of it then eh?" he remarks sharply at the human wrestlers.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan paused for a brief second. "Did you hear something? Huh. Anyway, um, Mr. Quink, my name's Sir Karlan Bladetwist of Lastwall a Paladin of her grace the Lady Iomedae. The festivities are mostly underway, in fact I just finished helping Father Abstalar build his stall." Karlan continued smiling brightly. Why do people insist on calling me boy? I'm 20 winters, er, 21 winters of age at least. I have a wife and child, well soon anyway.


Gerlick stands up slowly, his bones and muscles aching. "Greetings to you newcomer. I am Gerlick, called The Broken, for the most obvious of reasons." Pausing, Gerlick flicks his hood back up and over his face, protecting it from the sun and from peoples stares.

He looks over the remaining human brawlers, and lets out a deep chuckle. "I think you scared the pants of them as well Harry."


@ Karlan:

Brodert Quink, peeks into the distance, then shakes his head

Maybe old Murdermaw is back, heh! then he eyeballs you curiously

A paladin? You got some boyish features Meister Bladetwist! Now that you say that the festivities are already underway, would you be so gently and accompany me to the marketplace, I'm far too old to fend off any pickpockets!?

@ Harry, Kanyk and Gerlick

The Varisians need a moment to recover, but then one of them strides over to you. He is a small and frail man with a large golden earring and an aquiline nose. He bows slightly and smirks.

You know such man Harry, this guy is surely some kind of local criminal.

Friends, friends.... isn't it a far too nice day for serious trouble? What about a game of armwrestling instead? That will surely be better than any full contact sport.

@ Nieve:
Just as you leave the Rusty Dragon, you hear a cry that could turn milk sour. It must have come from the other side of the crowded marketplace. For a moment only the seagulls can be heard before the hustle and bustle restarts.


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Karlan:

Brodert Quink, peeks into the distance, then shakes his head

Maybe old Murdermaw is back, heh! then he eyeballs you curiously

A paladin? You got some boyish features Meister Bladetwist! Now that you say that the festivities are already underway, would you be so gently and accompany me to the marketplace, I'm far too old to fend off any pickpockets!?

Karlan considered for a second before answering. "Father Abstalar might be expecting me back soon though he seemed rather busy so he won't notice for a while. Besides it's my duty to protect the innocent so I will gladly accompany you." Karlan couldn't help but feel a bit like he was doing petty work any squire could do. Most of the paladins he knew would mutter something about a crusade or some such and wander off.


Supporting the old man with one strong arm, you make your way back to the marketplace.

Tell me Karlan...

and saying that he points to the strange crumbled monument (The Old Light on the map) at the northwestern corner of Sandpoint.

...what do you think is that?...oh and don't just repeat what all these ignorants think...a lighthouse, pff how pathetic. A 300 ft high lighthouse...bah...


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

Supporting the old man with one strong arm, you make your way back to the marketplace.

Tell me Karlan...

and saying that he points to the strange crumbled monument (The Old Light on the map) at the northwestern corner of Sandpoint.

...what do you think is that?...oh and don't just repeat what all these ignorants think...a lighthouse, pff how pathetic. A 300 ft high lighthouse...bah...

Looking thoughtfully at the structure he thought for a moment before answering. "A watchtower? It seems rather good defensively I imagine you could see the whole area from the top. It'd also explain why it's mostly toppled now if it was destroyed in an enemy attack. It might also be some kind of magical defense too. I know of a few places in Lastwall where battle mages are kept on top of towers to rain down offensive magics on an opposing army. Honestly though I can only speak on matters of soldiery if it is something magical it's about as unfamiliar to me as the operation of a lighthouse."


As Nieve enters the marketsquare, he peers around, curious of that ghastly sound that seemingly whisked the rustling away. He sees the minor crowd gathered around a sawdust ring; a robed figure, two bigger men that, from the distance looks more like half-orcs, and several other men, all seemingly poised to fight.

Nieve walks up to the closest person he can find. "Pardon me, might you be able to tell me what is going on over there?"

He points in direction of the sawdust ring.

Perception check; I will assume I spot them with a 24 total.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


@ Nieve: A 24 is surely enough.

The passerby still looks a bit terrified as he peers over to the sawdust ring

I dun' know man, there are those three strangers and I think the're getting in trouble with Jubrayl Vhiski...which ain't a good thing.

@ Karlan:

Thunderstruck Brodert stops and looks at you with awe

Ha! Praise Abadar, a clear mind...the first one in this town since years!

he presses your hand with more strength than you'd have expected and goes on

You're right, it's a watchtower...a 7000 years old watchtower from the era of the Runelords. On its top a gigantic magical lens was placed which could be used to let devastating fire rain down upon your enemies! Imagine that...the Runelord we are talking about had a host of giants build this towers for him and remnants of this architecture can be found all over Varisia.

After you have continued your walk he stops again after some metres

Karlan, if you should ever be in trouble or need help from an old sage, don't hesitate to tell me, I'd be delighted to help you.

You realize that your short snawer really meant a lot to the old man, maybe you have already found a friend.


"Jubrayl who?" he repeats. He feels curious, and frightened, but if a fight was to break out, it could disrupt the festival.. not to mention leave people hurt. Then again, it was none of his business. "Is he a dangerous man?"

What do I do if a fight breaks out? Do I stay out of it? Do I help? Should I stop them...?


The man eyes you with disbelief

Umm, you're not from here, eh? Jubrayl is the head of the local Szcarni man...you really really don't want this man to get angry about you, heh. He owns the Fatman's Feedbag (SM 42)...oh, did I mention that you really shouldn't get into any kind of quarrel with this man?


Nieve glances back in disbelief, spreading his arms so his shirt is visible. "Of course I'm not from around here... and he does sound like bad company. What's going to happen, you think?"

He glances at the slick man. That one's a snake...

"Also, what is the Fatman's Feedbag? It sounds like a questionable...establishment."


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Grinning at having met two of his own kind who seem quite so friendly Kanyk happily returns their greetings.

"Good to meet you both, m'name is Kanyk. Hunter, trapper and part time caravan guard at your service."

As he hears someone approaching Kanyk turns to face across the ring at the milling group of Varisians. When the short smirking man speaks his smile shrinks ever so slightly and he straightens slightly out of his normal stoop.

"Seems to me that Harry won that fight fair and square; both men were in the ring and the Varisian fled. If something is owed the winner he should not have to prove himself any more to win it."

Remembering his lack of funds Kanyk pauses for a second before continuing.

"I however, would be quite happy to take part in your arm wrestling match and make some small bets on its outcome."


Keeping his hood close, Gerlick raises both hands in a motion of supplication, his sleeves falling down a bit revealing the peeling gray skin and oozing bits. "No physical strength tests for me thanks, my skills are in other realms." Gerlick glances around to see if any guards or other people who might be of note have shown up, hoping to avoid trouble.

Perception Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

@ Nieve: A 24 is surely enough.

The passerby still looks a bit terrified as he peers over to the sawdust ring

I dun' know man, there are those three strangers and I think the're getting in trouble with Jubrayl Vhiski...which ain't a good thing.

@ Karlan:

Thunderstruck Brodert stops and looks at you with awe

Ha! Praise Abadar, a clear mind...the first one in this town since years!

he presses your hand with more strength than you'd have expected and goes on

You're right, it's a watchtower...a 7000 years old watchtower from the era of the Runelords. On its top a gigantic magical lens was placed which could be used to let devastating fire rain down upon your enemies! Imagine that...the Runelord we are talking about had a host of giants build this towers for him and remnants of this architecture can be found all over Varisia.

After you have continued your walk he stops again after some metres

Karlan, if you should ever be in trouble or need help from an old sage, don't hesitate to tell me, I'd be delighted to help you.

You realize that your short snawer really meant a lot to the old man, maybe you have already found a friend.

Karlan scratched the back of his head a bit embarassed. "Um, thanks. Same to you right?"

Looking back on the crumbled tower he imagined giants building scaffolds and pulleys, hauling unimaginably large bricks up them to their place above. Then he imagined what could possibly take the structure down adn shuddered at the thought. Somethings were best left in the past.

Trying to shake the thought from his mind he spoke to fill the void. "The runelords must have been mighty indeed to conceive of such structures."


@ Nieve:

The man thinks for a moment, you assume he doesn't want to say anything that could get him in trouble.

The Feedbag is just a tavern, nothing's special about...yet the sheriff keeps an eye on it...at all times.

@ Kanyk, Gerlick and Harry

The Varisian's smile broadens as Kanyk signals that there is no need for further fighting. Looking at Harry, he asks

And what ybout you my big friend?

@ Karlan:

With the voice of a skilled teacher and someone who is used to giving presentations, he answers

Absolutely, by the way, do you anything about Thassilonian history?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry bows politely.

"Good morning Sir, what a pleasant suggestion that we engage in a few more friendly tests of strength. Of course I must insist that the first matter be squared up before we move on to another. Your lads over there decided what the first match was going to be, in fact they weren't even patient enough to start fairly but then their man lost his bottle and forfeited, leaving me the winner. If any of those lads want to say that they have been hard done by then I'd happily welcome them to come into the ring and make their case, but as they haven't played fairly from the start they can hardly cry poor about fairness now. So lets talk about what prizes need sorting out eh? It's a matter of principle. Either its for coin or for honour, and I hardly think todays tale would reflect honourably on this lot"


Gerlick watches the new man, trying to gauge what his intentions are.

Sense Motive Check - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Orc Expert 5
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:


With the voice of a skilled teacher and someone who is used to giving presentations, he answers

Absolutely, by the way, do you anything about Thassilonian history?

Karlan thought for a moment before answering. "Nope."


Writing posts from smart phones ain't easy...like my last one proved...

@Harry, Gerlick, Kanyk

Gerlick:

While you're sure that the man tries to defuse the situation, you wouldn't trust him...not at all.

The weasel-face grins, you can't help yourself, but think you have impressed him...in a roguish way.

A prize, eh? Now it's true, this fight wasn't much about honour, so I will try to fill the void that was created by this cowardly act with some coins.

He pulls out a small pouch and throws it over to you.

Harry:

10 gp in it.

But to restore my men's honour...what about that armwrestling contest?

@ Karlan:

Brodert greets some pasersby and then whispers

Now, if you are interested in it, I can surely tell you alot of things about it. Oh, and let me tell you...it's very interesting!
Mhh but you don't look much like a Scholar Meister Bladetwist. Did you by chance attend some history-classes at your temple in Lastwall?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Shady old guy wrote:


But to restore my men's honour...what about that armwrestling contest?

Harry nods

"A good suggestion Mr....?, anyhow seems popular with all present, whats the terms and whats the prizes eh? coin or honour?"

"Mr Kanyk was it? will you be joining us? and how about you Mr Gerlick? In for some festivities?"

Now that the 'brawling' has been done, Harry unties Thumper and signals for him to follow.

Harry moves into place awaiting an opponent draw and the participates

Assuming its not some crazy whacky terms and he can't see any rigging going on!


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:


Brodert greets some pasersby and then whispers

Now, if you are interested in it, I can surely tell you alot of things about it. Oh, and let me tell you...it's very interesting!
Mhh but you don't look much like a Scholar Meister Bladetwist. Did you by chance attend some history-classes at your temple in Lastwall?

"Every paladin's expected to be able to recite at least the basic history of Iomedae by heart." Karlan said. "As to Lastwall's history I didn't get much formal training beyond what every schoolboy already knew. About the Whispering Tyrant, and all that. One of my instructors was looking to get me taught some of the history of the region but he...he passed on before he could get to that. Honestly I don't know any history beyond the walls of my own country but it sounds like the history here is fascinating if giants are involved." Karlan flashed the old sage a smile trying to get the subject away from dead masters. Karlan did miss Sir Orlen sometimes, a bit stuffy and rigid for his own good but he knew a lot. Just sad that he died before he could have passed any of that on. Besides if the sage had any good stories about monsters and madmen than it was worth paying attention to.


"It doesn't sound pleasant, in either case... thank you for telling me." He bows to the man, before turning around. Commotion or not, there is still a festival to experience.

He looks around, stroking Elyn behind the ears.

"See anything?" he whispers, treading into the centre of the marketsquare.

Perception roll to see if there is anything noteworthy going on; particularly around the area of the half-orcs and Jubrayl.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Gerlick eyes the thin human, and then looks over at Harry and speaks in Orchish.

Orcish:

"I wouldn't trust the man. He seems like he was trying to make sure this whole mess didn't break out in a fight but...I wouldn't trust him at all."

In Common then, he says "I will come along to watch but that is all. I am not a physical sort."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Gerlick the Broken wrote:
In Common then, he says "I will come along to watch but that is all. I am not a physical sort."

Harry nods at what Gerlick has to say, as though marking the sense in the words.

"Never mind, come along anyhow, then let us be off afterward to a tavern for a tall ale and some taller stories then Mr Gerlick."


Gerlick chuckles at the request for tall tales. "Unless you are buying I will just be having water." Gerlick falls in behind Harry and follows him.


Male Halforc Ranger 5

Kanyk listens carefully to the orcish, taking a second to parse the harsh guttural words before also nodding as if agreeing.

"I'll be quite happy to take part in some friendly competition, let me just finish my breakfast and I'll join you"

Ungraciously jamming the last of the smoked fish into his mouth and rinsing it down with the remains of his mead, Kanyk tucks the leather cup into a pocket on his pack and stands ready to follow where ever Harry leads.


@ Nieve:

You can observe that the three half orcs and the smaller man have found some sort of agreement. The Varisians carry a table and two stools over to the centre of the sawdust ring.

Meanwhile Elyn is rather interested in a stand next to you that sells candied giant geckos for 1sp each.

@ Harry, Kanyk and Gerlick:

My name's Jubrayl, Jubrayl Vhiski of the Vhiski clan. Now big fellow, since I haven't seen you or your friends before, why don't you tell me where you're from and what you do here?

While he asks, his man organize a table and two stools and bring them over into the sawdust ring. As the table is placed Jubrayl continues

Armwrestling, is a game of technique and prowess, we all have seen that you possess the latter one, let's see what you can achive against my men. Arno...come here!

A small Varisian, without many teeth, yet very brawny arms and black dreadlocks, stomps over to the table.

This is Arno... says Vhiski...

He is strong and he is clever, he will be a tough match, stranger.

And you there...

he looks at Kanyk

You will have to show your strenght against Pietro.

Another Varisian, also very sturdy, yet owning more teeth, nods angrily.

Arno seats himself at the table and waits for Harry.

Now you make three Checks with a bonus that consists of your full strength and half dexterity bonus rounded down. If the added difference after a roll exceeds 10 the better one wins. Should their be no decision after three rolls, the better one just wins.

Armwrestling Check Arno1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Armwrestling Check Arno1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Armwrestling Check Arno1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

@ Karlan:

Lastwall, yes an interesting place with a very colourful, eh dark history. But back to Thassilon - I think you guessed it already, mhh? I'm a fanatic of its History. While most people believe the Runelords founded the Empire of Thassilon, it was indeed Xin, the great emperor. Sadly he installed the Runelords as his marshalls. At first they were devoted to the seven cardinal virtues...but then they succumbed to the seven mortal sins - each of them to one...such a shame...oh, we are nearly there Meister Bladetwist, I'll make the rest of the way unsupported, heh, thank you very much and don't forget my offer.


Gerlick speaks up quickly for himself. "Well Jubrayl, my name is Gerlick, called The Broken. As for what I do..." Gerlick pauses for effect, and then says in a low ominous voice "I am a wanderer cursed by the gods, searching for a way to remove the curse laid upon me."

Standing straight up, Gerlick then adds "And as to why I am here? Why is anyone where they are. I came here by random chance, hoping that I might find something to either help me with my curse, or some way to help balance the bad that goes on in the world. Thus far, I have surprisingly found friends, which is new to me." Gerlick glances at Harry and Kanyk, and nods towards them.


Jubrayl nervously licks his lips and answers

So you're a wandering philosopher, mhh? A priest by chance? Anyway, I welcome you to Sandpoint and should anyone act despicable against you, don't hesitate to tell me his name and I will take care of it.

Sense Motive DC 19:

You don't believe the man and think this is just an empty phrase.


Sense Motive Check - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Gerlick lets out a throaty chuckle. "A priest? Oh no, nothing of that sort. You see, the gods gave me power yes...but I do with it as I see fit. I am beholden to no god, and I rather hate them. Although I am marked by them." With this, Gerlick lowers his hood and lets everyone get a clear look at his ruined face. The skin peeling off, bits oozing and scars all over. The only part of his face untouched being the bright green symbol of Pharasma.

"The gods made me this way..and I hate them for it." Gerlick waits a few more moments, and then covers his face back up.


Jubrayl is taken a step aback as he beholds your face and a low murmur goes through the crowd around you. The Sczarni regains his grin soon enough and replies

I see... my friend we all may look the way we do, what really counts are our deeds.

51 to 100 of 7,938 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.