Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


6,101 to 6,150 of 7,938 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Is the poor tortured cat still alive?

Alana begins making her way towards the wounded animal, praying to whatever gods might be listening that it still lives and someone can heal it's wounds, even if never it's mind. Tears fill her eyes.

"Celestra, will you pray for him? Can he be fixed?"


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)

I do understand the concept, Sir Karlan. It will not happen again.

The mage then kneels next to the fallen monster, taking stock of the magical auras and trying to ascertain their properties.

Spellcraft check to identify any magical items: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"I will do everything that I can, Alana!"

Celestra rushes up to the cat and lays her hands upon it to determine if it is still alive and then she will try to stabilize it.

Healing Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

If there is any hope of saving it, she will cast Cure Light Wounds upon the feline."[/b]


Male Human Paladin 8

Merely giving Marek a nod Karlan turns back to their guide. "No aura of despair on this one. Just a good reach and a mean poke."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Wasn't too hard a kill, all he got was a bit of a poke with his spear. Then he was dead before he knew it."

Harry gives Thumper a fond scratch behind the ear "Thats the way boy, you have to fill the gap that Cousin Kanyk left behind"

Harry looks over at the cat, his eyes grow a little distant "Can it be saved?" he slowly reaches for his axe.


Loriel nods

You're right...Bobby Joe Graul was the youngest of all Graul sons and by far the weakest...still, no single man could have overcome him. The dogs will surely run to the farm and his family will know what happened...I wonder...I wonder if we should attack the farm, now that I've seen you fight, I think you could manage the task eliminating the Grauls.

The heavily wounded firepelt is not beyond recovery, but you will have to get very close to use your healing magic - which is not without dangers.

Handle animal check DC 22 to get close enought to heal

The ogre's possessions consist of:

spear
belt
123 gp


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Here kitty kitty! O Cayden, she doesn't like being handled at all! Can somebody hold her still and help calm her for me? The poor thing must be so frightened!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Lets see if this works.

Ailetha begins to hum a happy tune which sounds much like a cat purring.

Fascinate: DC18 or it should sit quietly and simply watch me.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

If Ailetha's tune doesn't work for whatever reason, I can try casting Deep Slumber.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra can also channel energy which does not require her to actually touch the cat. However, I was thinking that would more healing power than necessary.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I say avoid using your more powerful magic. We might need that. I can do Fascinate for 1 round and then stop and let the Lingering Performance work for another 2.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Not sure I want to do that yet." Karlan says in response to the guide. "We need to check Fort Rannick before anything. Once we have an idea of what's going on there we can handle the Grauls. Right now we need to handle the body. Dismember it. Burn it. Spread it in several graves. Leave nothing for mammy graul to resurrect."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 8

Go ahead and channel. Make sure to catch karlan and harry so we make the heals stretch further. That will fully heal karlan and I think possible full heal harry.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Dismember, righto." Harry gets back to work with his axe.


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)
Karlan Bladetwist wrote:
"Dismember it. Burn it. Spread it in several graves. Leave nothing for mammy graul to resurrect."

It will be my pleasure, Marek says as he touches the electrified blade into the body, discharging the energy.

He separates any objects that present a magical aura and tries to identify their functions.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7
Sir Bronwyn Raslov wrote:
Karlan Bladetwist wrote:
"Dismember it. Burn it. Spread it in several graves. Leave nothing for mammy graul to resurrect."

It will be my pleasure, Marek says as he touches the electrified blade into the body, discharging the energy.

He separates any objects that present a magical aura and tries to identify their functions.

I do believe Bron is supposed to be running a fledgling nation just south of Brevoy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Harry Handsome and Karlan Bladetwist get over here! We have a cat that needs healing and so do you. Just stand near the cat for a moment and I will take care of all of you."

Celestra raises her hands up and looks to the sky as she calls forth Cayden Cailean to send forth his positive energies to heal everyone within a thirty food radius of her.

"Cayden Cailean as one of your own brewers, I ask you to shine your divine light down upon all of us including this cute adorable cat!"

With a pleasant aroma of ale, the healing comes gently.

Channel Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 4) = 9


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry ducks in to get his healing, and then stays around to savour the aroma. His eyes never leave the Cat, however.


Ailetha is a bit surprised to realize that the firepelt is no normal animal - without effort it resists her tries to fascinate it. However, as Celestra's positive energy flows over the injured firepelt and its wounds begin to close, it suddenly jumps up and begins to push Celestra northwards. It nudges, pushes, looks to the north, pushes again...

Loriel shrugs

One of you able to communicate with animals? I heard some rangers can do that...and...oh wait, I think I've seen the cat before, one of the black arrow rangers had one of those I think?!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"What, like the special bond that Thumper and I have?"

"He wants something to the North anyways, reckon we go find out" Harry looks at the cat, looks to the North, and gestures the cat to lead on.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Would that I had an animal as beautiful as that. Lets see where it is leading us.


Once the cat is sure that you follow it, begins to sprint northwards but waits every once in a while for you to catch up - it is obviously extremely eager to lead you somewhere...

I know where this will end... Loriel says The Graul farm...I bet they have its master there...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"He wants something to the North anyways, reckon we go find out"

"Agreed, Harry! Let's follow it!"

"So why do you think the cat is leading us to the Graul Farm? Do you think the cat wants us to take down the Graul family and save all of the cats at the farm? I can't imagine the cat actually likes her master!"

Celestra follows the cat and the others northward. Her rapier is still in her scabbard, but she remains vigilant looking for anything deadly or dangerous.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks a Celestra rather dumbfounded by her statement.

You might want to cut back on the brew there a little. The cat's master is likely one of the black arrow rangers who has probably been caught or killed by the Grauls. The cat wants revenge and to save its master.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Ahh!" Celestra replies as the light bulb turns on. "So that's why the ogre was so mean to that poor cat! Well that makes a lot more sense! Let's go and find this cat's master!"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Drying her tears away as the energy washes over everyone, Alana seems joyous to see the cat on its feet again and begins following it right away, as if the idea that the group might choose a different path had never crossed her mind. Alana moves as swiftly as possible, her Woodland Stride making it easier for her to keep the cat close in sight.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan thinks for a moment obviously not entirely comfortable with the idea of taking on an entire family of ogres right now.

"Right, right fine. But let's be smart about this. Bobby Joe here was apparently the weakest. And now we're about to go headlong into about five or six of his older brothers and sisters."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Alana, you move as gracefully as the cat through these woods. You seem like you are right at home here."

Celestra, with her natural long stride moves right along keeping up with her.

Karlan wrote:
"Right, right fine. But let's be smart about this. Bobby Joe here was apparently the weakest. And now we're about to go headlong into about five or six of his older brothers and sisters."

"Karlan, don't you understand, the cat is trying to tell us something and she really needs us to listen right now! If we don't follow her, I am certain something is going to happen to her master! Just think how you would feel if you couldn't speak and your master, who gives you milk every night, was being tortured by a family of ogres. Listen to your inner feline, Karlan! You know within your heart that we don't have a choice but to go and find the Ranger. Besides, with or without the cat, we need to get rid of these Grauls anyway. At least now we know the way!"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Still, Sir Karlan is right, we need to keep our brains ticking along, lest it is us that something happens to. These Ogres live up here, and Bobby Joe there just let us all know taht they hunt up here too, so their area will no doubt have all sorts of hunting traps and snares about, particularly on paths and game trails. Reckon Ogres would be setting big and nasty traps for big and meaty prey too... they wouldn't be snacking on rabbits"

"Just like that bloody nightmare house, don't touch anything, don't pick up anything, and assume everything is covered in some kind of nasty poison set to paralyze you for later eating"

"We'll get these Grauls dead sure enough, I just don't want any of you lot dead. Rangers come and go, you lot would be hard to replace"

Harry keeps following the cat, but will stop when signs of 'Ogre activity' become apparent. He has no intention of arriving in plain view on their fields, but rather finding their lair and working out a way to ambush them.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"Just like that bloody nightmare house, don't touch anything, don't pick up anything, and assume everything is covered in some kind of nasty poison set to paralyze you for later eating"

"I promise we'll be careful. Trust me, if there is a piano lying around out there, that I will not be touching any of the keys! But all kidding aside, how clever do you think these ogres are? Do you think we would notice one of their trap in the woods? I can imagine a pit or a rope trap for a large animal, but would they expect us to fall for that sort of thing? Are you good at spotting that sort of thing?"

Harry wrote:
"We'll get these Grauls dead sure enough, I just don't want any of you lot dead. Rangers come and go, you lot would be hard to replace"

"Harry, that is so sweet of you to say! I didn't know you cared so much about us! We love you too, so you better watch your step as well!"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Probably not all that clever, but most certainly they will have some rat-cunning. As long as their traps aren't magical we should probably notice them, its just if they have a shaman or the like it could be trouble... you know I have a soft spot for you ladies Miss Zomesco, hold you all in pretty high regard, thought you'd have noticed by now"

Harry moves up front to stay on trap spot duty.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"Probably not all that clever, but most certainly they will have some rat-cunning. As long as their traps aren't magical we should probably notice them, its just if they have a shaman or the like it could be trouble."

"Well l'll do my best to keep an eye out for them. I just hope those pesky dogs don't give away our surprise. I'm just going to trust to the hope that they are not as clever as Thumper!"

Harry wrote:
". . . you know I have a soft spot for you ladies Miss Zomesco, hold you all in pretty high regard, thought you'd have noticed by now!"

"Oh Harry! I always knew you did. I just like hearing it! To be honest, being with you guys on this adventure makes me feel like I'm back with the Starstone Brewers in a real family."


You follow the cat for about three hours until the animal suddenly stops and begins to snarl at a large oak. Affixed to the tree are about a dozen human hands, ears, genitalsa and feet in varying conditions of decay.

Above them someone has written HERE GRAUL LAND!. Around the tree are lots of large footprints leading further north.

Here we are. What a nice place... Loriel remarks dryly, but the tension in his voice is blatant.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

lol, what?


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)
Heavy Harry wrote:

"As long as their traps aren't magical we should probably notice them, its just if they have a shaman or the like it could be trouble... "

If they are indeed magical in nature or components, that may prove even easier to locate. If you believe there is a chance those animals may have armed any magical traps in our way, I can concentrate on a spell that allows me to see and identify magical auras. But I would need to stay ahead, preferably by your side, Harry. The myriad magical auras each of us carry would heavily interfere in the detection proccess.

If the group agrees, Marek will take to Harry's side and keep concentrating on detect magic. Seeing as he'll only get the benefit of 1-round concentration (presence or absence of auras) he needs the group to stay behind him. If he does detect any magic auras, he'll signal for Harry to stop while he concentrates on the spell for a couple more rounds to acquire information about the aura.


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)

Marek eyes the human remains warily, for a second trying to match them to those that were captured alongside him.

No, you need to stop that. It's been many years, any remains would have decomposed by now. Focus on the task at hand.

Alright. We approach their lair. Let us proceed with extra caution from this point on.

Marek keeps concentrating on his detect magic spell as outlined above.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

DOH - kinda in the wrong thread with that last post. This is what happens when you have two parties following bad guys through the wilderness and expecting to get ambushed at any time.

Ailetha looks at the hands and other body parts and has a brief vision that her mother probably did something similar to her victims, those parts that she did not consume anyway.

Caution would be beneficial.

Knowledge: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 <-- add +2 for Arcana, Religion and Planes
--> Do I know anything about ogres like these, do they have a propensity to set traps? And if so, what type? Do they ambush or use real tactics, or just charge and bash?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

At the sight of the tree, Celestra suddenly becomes highly alert. She draws out her rapier and then whispers intensely to the others, "Ok ladies and gentlemen, let's find some Graul!" She then smiles at Alana and gives her a little wink.

The aasmiar priests moves forward looking around very carefully and creeping stealthily in the hopes of gaining the advantage of surprise over the ogres.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 8

"Ok Celestra. Calm down. Keep the exclamation points to a miinimum it's bad enough that you exclaim out loud in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep. Let's not alert the ogres too." Says Karlan as he clanks along in his armor of bound metal plates and leather. "When we get to wherever this cat is leading us I want Harry and Ailetha to scout around the perimeter and give us a good idea on how we are going to do this."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana forces a smile back, not much in the mood to smile herself. Her body feels tense, and her eyes have a feral look about them. The air around her nearly crackles with her need for retribution.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"My intention precisely Sir Karlan, a good scouting trip around their property before we commit to any assault"

Similarly Marek, sounds good especially if we near any chokepoints etc


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Karlan wrote:
"Ok Celestra. Calm down. Keep the exclamation points to a miinimum it's bad enough that you exclaim out loud in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep. Let's not alert the ogres too."

Celestra blushes and pretends she doesn't know what Karlan is talking about.

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

She replies to him in an intense whisper. "I'm just not sure what you are talking about, Karlan, but I do know that you are giving away my stealthy approach. How do expect us to surprise them with you talking up a storm and walking around in that armor? You would do well not to interpret my intensity and passion for orphaned creatures with loudness, for they are not one and the same.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

I'm seriously lmfao at the dialogue between Karlan and Celestra right now.


The tracks lead uphill into a thick forest of fir trees. The routes the ogres usually take can easily be recognised. The ranger's cat companion is crouching lower and lower and as the cat suddenly stops, you can see a giant decaying farmhouse covered in moss which slumps drunkenly at the edge of the damp forest clearing. Rickety stairs crawl up to a porch covered by a huge eave held aloft by thick pillars of pine. These timbers are decorated with crude carvings of manticores impaling children with their tail spikes and women being ripped apart by wolves. The carvings look like a child’s work, but the subject matter grows more gruesome and depraved from one depiction to the next. An unsettlingly large rocking chair of lashed wood and bone sways erratically in the breeze at the far end of the porch under a vast menagerie of wind chimes composed of decidedly humanoid bones. The house’s windows have all been boarded up with thick timbers, although it’s unclear if this was done to keep intruders out or imprison whatever unspeakable things make their home within.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks to Harry: I can make you invisible. The invisibility will last approximately seven minutes. Do you want to investigate the place before we do anything else? Just remember, if you attack one of them, you will become visible immediately.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Invisibility doesn't mask sound, either, correct?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Not a bad idea, I could check a clear path towards the house, make sure we can rush in quickly without being befouled by any unexpected nastiness. They are Ogres, reckon getting them boxed in that house isn't such a bad idea, less room for them to move about, and if they do have a shaman with 'em, they won't have full range to hit us with their spells"


Into the Graul's house? Loriel's voice is so thick with incredulousness that you almost think he believes you just made a joke. They know the house, they will corner us, lure us into traps...I can't believe you want to go in there.


Male Human Paladin 8

"I prefer to think of it as cornering them actually." Kaarlan says matter of factly. "Way I see it we deal with this right here and now then it makes the road to Fort Rannick that much easier. Right now we have surprise we can assume they don't know ole bobby joe has ceased to be with his ashes scattered to the four winds."

6,101 to 6,150 of 7,938 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.