Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,951 to 6,000 of 7,877 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 8

Quick question what does harry carry as a ranged weapon?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Masterwork +5Str mod Shortbow


Male Human Paladin 8

That makes thigns less expensive then.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Yeah it was an expensive pickup back when, but having a decent hitting ranged weapon was an important investment for a scout :p


What next? Up into the mountains to Fort Rannick or more investigations in Turtleback Ferry?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Seems theres only two real matters - the Rangers and the Ogres. Anything we see as a real loose end in TBF? Seems pretty dead (other than a sunken barge)...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra will purchase another forty bolts for her crossbow and then wait for Karlan to finish his purchase.

Turning to Alana, Celestra remarks with a smile, "Remind me never to go shopping with Karlan again if we can at all help it. Wouldn't it be much nicer to be in a market with some nice soft fabrics looking at cloaks and gowns and maybe sampling some different wines. All this shopping for weapons and arrows and tools of destruction really does tire me out."

"Come along, Karlan, pick out what you need and let's go. The others are going to think that something has happened to us!"

Ready to rejoin the others when the others are all set.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Sounds like Ogres first and then the fort is my vote.


Male Orc Expert 5

There's a hunter that might be worth talking to about the ogres that we can do tonight.


Leaving TF now might not be a good idea since it's late in the afternoon now.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ok - we will find an inn with some rooms, I would prefer sharing 2 rooms among the group since the town seems to be full of people with Sihedron tattoos.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana shrugs, "I much prefer looking at trinkets from all around."

She already has 40 bolts and more than enough to carry, I don't think she'll be doing any shopping at this time.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Alana wrote:
"I much prefer looking at trinkets from all around."

"Some day, Alana, I would love to take you traveling with me all over the world and we can shop for trinkets to our heart's content!"

Celestra joins Karlan and Alana back at the tavern to wait for Harry and the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Tomorrow at dawn it is. I see the benefit of two rooms, but lets think on that one... do I have to be locked in a room with two other fellows and a dog, no doubt a bunch of men farting all night and then blaming the poor dog, or do we have you join us in such a fine sauna, or perhaps you'd share up with the other ladies and... well, be a bit in the way? Do you want to be the one who makes it a crowd? Or would you like to smell the fine aromas all night?" Harry is clearly having a bit of fun at Ailethas predicament. "I have to say, personally I am more than a bit upset to find the ladies of this town rather resembling the men, so I suspect I'll be missing another meal, but perhaps this is a meal I am prepared to miss"

"If it's all the same though, reckon Thumper and I might share a room on our own. A good rest before heading off at first light." Harry will find his way to making sure its THREE rooms.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan selects from the bows and arrows a few things he think will be good for hunting BIG game. Taking into account the shop keepers advice and his willingness to spend. He talks a bit of shop with the bowyers being a blacksmith himself the complex concepts of selecting the right materials for proper archery interest him. And likely bore the ladies to death...

Karlan will look to purchase:

Masterwork Darkwood Composite Shortbow (+5) 695gp

20 Cold Iron Arrows 2gp
20 Alchemical Silver Arrows 3gp
20 Normal Arrows 1gp

Later at the tavern Karlan will tell Ailetha, Harry, and Marek what they found and suggest talking to the hunter by the lake tonight to find out more about the lay of the land.


Waiting for group's decision if and who visits the hunter.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Ailetha, my dear, have you found rooms for us? I was just wondering if you knew the arrangement for tonight? I just want to say that I would be happy to share a room with Alana if that would be helpful."

"So folks, do we have a plan yet? Is there more information to gather, or will we be ready to depart for the fort in the morning?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I look to Karlan - Shall we share a room? Seem that Harry and his puppy want to be alone and the other gals have decided they don't want my company.

I will go and talk to the hunter, probably take Harry as well. One more can come, but I don't think that we will need a huge group.


OK, so who's no. 3?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:
"Shall we share a room? Seem that Harry and his puppy want to be alone and the other gals have decided they don't want my company."

I cannot believe it was that obvious! Have I done something to give ourselves away?

"Ailetha!" Celestra replies, "Of course we enjoy your company. We just thought you might want a room all to yourself, considering we like to stay up late visiting at night. However, if you want to stay with Karlan, I completely understand. Alana and I certainly would not take any offense. Please feel free to sleep wherever you like."

Go ahead Ailetha, stay with Karlan. We wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure how the paladin or his wife would feel.

Celestra will stay with Alana at the Inn and visit with the patrons.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana cracks a smile, but fights to keep her laughter inside as Celestra clearly becomes disturbed over trying to explain her desires to be alone together.

Actually, I was going to volunteer to be the third to go see the hunter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan volunteers the whole group to go. No point in splitting the group when this guy lives at the edge of a lake apparently filled with giant gar.

KArlan shrugs at the whole ordeal over bedroom splitting. "Whatever, Thumper snores loud anyway. I just want a decent nights sleep without rocks, roots, and bugs poking me everywhere."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"I'll come with you Alana. There should be plenty of room for all of us, don't you think, Karlan? So what is this hunter's name? Did the mayor say it was Ilsardo or something? I wonder how much the fella knows? Hunters often get a good sense of what is going on around the surrounding area. This should be interesting."

Celestra joins the others on a trip to the hunter's house.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Guess we are all off to see this fellow!


The small wooden timber house of the hunter lies about 200m beyond the "border" of Turtleback Ferry. The large fur of a brown bear is affixed to a wooden frame next to the door and you wonder if the hunter has killed that beast alone.

Upon your knocking, a tanned man at the end of his thirties opens the door, he wears his hair in a long grey braid and you can definitely see some elven blood running through his veins.

Good evening... he seems a bit surprised by the advent of a well-armed band of adventurers.


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)

Marek sits out the whole bedroom discussion, his mind going through the spells he will need to prepare to finally face the Grauls. He accompanies the group to meet the hunter, though, eager to find any new information on his enemies.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry keeps an eye on the surrounds, allowing Sir Karlan to make his fit and proper introductions.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra will smile a warm welcome to assure the hunter that the group is friendly. However, she will wait for Karlan to introduce everyone first.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha simply rolls her eyes.

These people have no clue how people outside of cities operate. Bringing six heavily armed men to the front door of a hunter who decided to decorate his wall with a bear skin and live well outside of a tiny town on the edge of civilization is probably not the best way to get off on the best foot.


Male Human Paladin 8
Ailetha Aurcalam wrote:

Ailetha simply rolls her eyes.

These people have no clue how people outside of cities operate. Bringing six heavily armed men to the front door of a hunter who decided to decorate his wall with a bear skin and live well outside of a tiny town on the edge of civilization is probably not the best way to get off on the best foot.

To be fair any amount of armed men would have been a surprise to see late at night.

"Good evening. My name is Sir Karlan Bladetwist and we were told you were one of the best hunters in the area. Mind if we have a chat with you for a moment about the area? We've been interested in hunting some certain big game around here."


Karlan Bladetwist? Never heard of you, but if I may give you and your hunting party a useful piece of advice, then it is this: DON'T go hunting around Tutleback Ferry in the next months.

His words are not rude, but their is a certain finality in his tone...


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha steps up: Now, why would we not want to go hunting near Turtleback Ferry? Are you expecting something dangerous in the coming months?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well, why not, good sir? Have you hunted the region out of some nice game?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry just watches on, seeing which direction the conversation takes.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Really?" KArlan says. "That's unfortunate I was honestly hoping there'd be some Graul to hunt around here."


Just before the door is closed, the man hesitates

I see...you're not here even though the Grauls are in the mountains, you're here because they terrorise us...may I ask who sent you?

he opens the door again and also seems more relaxed.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha smiles: Rather than naming people which can always be dangerous in our business. Lets just say that someone with an interest in protecting this land wants to know what is happening at the fort, and it seems that the Grauls are an impediment to us getting to the fort to find out what is happening.


That is only too true...I will thank your employer should you really be able to stop this family of crazy inbreds...but...how can I help you?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Well, as they say, knowledge is power. The more we know about the Grauls, the less risky moving against them will be. We understand that some type of a necromancer witch leads this tribe. Is there anything else that you can tell us? Hunting patterns? Location of their village? Whether there are places to snipe and weaken the ogres before having to face them directly? Do the Grauls have any allies that might come to their aid? And, anything else that you think might benefit a group attempting to eliminate what is apparently a grave threat to this good town.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra smiles and nods in agreement with Ailetha's questions.

While she listens to the Hunter's answer she tries to determine how genuine his responses are.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Celestra:
You can't judge whether the hunter speaks the truth or not.

Clan? I didn't use inbred by accident - Mammy Graul has born all other members of the Graul family...and they were all fathered by her oldest son...who himself was fathered by a degenerate stone giant...nice, isn't it. And they don't have a village, they live at a "house"...an old mountain farm changed after their tastes...been there once, will never forget what I saw. They don't need allies, but that doesn't mean they don't have any, but I know none. I tried to snipe one of her younger sons once, but the moment I aimed at him a strange feeling of despair came over me...I...umm...sorry, I can't explain it, but I have never again tried to hunt them.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

So, you are saying that at the very least, these "ogres" have some stone giant blood in them? And in addition, they have some type of a protective magic or aura which hindered your ability to shoot at one? Very interesting.

Knowledge(arcana/planes/religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 <-- subtract 2 for all other knowledge
--> have I heard of this dispair even at sniping distance. Also, any info on crossbred stone giant/ogres


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry files the information away. "Reckon we need to just find one straggling off from the rest, ambush it and see how fast we can kill it. That will tell us the rest of what we need to know. They wont be expecting attack, they are used to attacking... so that works in our favour too."


@ Ailetha: You never heard of any incidents that could prove either point - while the scond one could be caused by some kind of magical item/protection/curse, the first thing is just gross...

The huntsman looks at Harry and shakes his head

Don't think this will be easy...they are the most brutal creatures you will ever encounter...and even though they're stupid, they have a certain cunning...


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I'm sure a few people have said that about my good self at some point." Harry jests back. "Got a map?"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra listens patiently for a while, but then decides that all of this talk of brutal ogres and cunning evil creatures is making her thirsty. Taking out her holy tankard she casts create ale upon it and fills it to the brim with some Starstone Amber. She takes a sip and then looks around expectantly to nonverbally ask if anybody else would like something to drink.


A map? the half-elf snorts and grins Do I look like I need a map? ...maybe the mayor has one - you should ask them, but I can also give you directions...maybe I can even lead you to Fort Rannick...


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana takes a drink from Celestra's tankard, thanking her afterwards. She perks up at the mention that they might be joined by the huntsman for awhile, she does so love meeting new people, especially those like herself.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Well an experienced guide would be much more helpful than a map. At the same time we're going to need one. Mainly we're looking at eliminating the Graul's and the best way to do that is to know the terrain as intimately as they do. I'm a stranger here sir I'm just as in danger of getting lost on the mountain or eaten by giant gar as anyone. The trick is that once we know where we are and how we're about we tend to bring such problems rapidly, and I'm sad to say all too often violently, to a close."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

SECOND 6000!

"I'm not all that sad about it Sir Karlan" Harry quips with a gallows humour tone.

5,951 to 6,000 of 7,877 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.