Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,751 to 5,800 of 7,867 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 8

"Ah, thanks." Says Karlan as he digs into breakfast. "Thanks. Would be hard explaining to the wife the horrible burn scars and uncomfortable sleep."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha watches the whole curing.

When Karlan speaks of his family: Easier than us trying to explain why we are returning your sword and a letter of condolences.

Glad you are back in one piece Karlan.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Ahoy, back on the road we go then." Harry looks rather pleased with the turn of events, and possible even a bit upbeat. He's already half way out the door, keen to get to the journeys end.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Marek wrote:
" Lady Zomesco, that was a most impressive display of faith. You must be high on your god's standing."

"Well thanks, Marek. All I can ever do is live in the moment and try to live my life the best way I know how. Whether things go well or pooly, I always raise my glass to the lucky drunk and seek his guidance! In turn, he keeps an eye on me whenever he can. We'll have to raise a toast to him the next chance we get! Well it looks like Harry wants us to push onward. So are you going to join us on the road for a while?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Women, coin, and fighting, Miss Zomesco... I normally settle for two out of three, but this place doesn't provide any of the above. If I had to name some kind of Hell, then this place would certainly be on my shortlist as it even had a devil! I suspect my odds will improve dramatically on the road, which is a poor sign indeed."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra smiles to herself as she thinks about women and she cannot deny what Harry is saying, but still replies, "Coins and Fighting?! Is that all you men think about? What about music and drink, Mr. Handsome? Are you forgetting the joy derived from a wonderful evening listening to heavenly sounds, sipping wine and enjoying the company of good friends? Certainly that doesn't belong in your vision of hell does it?"


Harry has just set his foot on the road as he suddenly hears from behind

Hey Harry, wait for me!

Jogging up the road to you is Shalelu Andosana, the half-elven ranger that has helped you so much in fighting against the goblin raid.


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)
Celestra Zomesco wrote:
Well it looks like Harry wants us to push onward. So are you going to join us on the road for a while?"

I will if you all will have me, lady Zomesco. The road is long and full of terrors.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks over at Marek: The terrors are all in your head. What we have to worry about is things that want to kill us and eat us, and likely not in that order.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8
Ailetha Aurcalam wrote:
Ailetha looks over at Marek: The terrors are all in your head. What we have to worry about is things that want to kill us and eat us, and likely not in that order.

Doesn't that mean that the terrors are not all in his head?

Alana had been listening to the conversation going on around her, allowing her mind to wander to the night before as followed the others out of town. At the sound of someone approaching, she is drawn from her daydreams, her eyes find the half-elf and she smiles. It always makes her smile to meet others like herself, to learn of the lives they have lived and the things they have done.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

Hey Harry, wait for me!

Jogging up the road to you is Shalelu Andosana, the half-elven ranger that has helped you so much in fighting against the goblin raid.

Harry gives a look like he just can't believe his luck has somehow gotten even worse. "Sir Karlan is the leader, speak to him" Harry simply dismisses the woman politely but firmly and continues on.

"This deal is getting worse by the minute Thumper"


Male Human Paladin 8

KArlan looks genuinely surprised to see her. "Oh hello. Didn't expect to see you out here."


Shalelu is taken aback by Harry's rather short reply...she turns to Karlan with a "did I say something wrong" look and answers Sheriff Hemlock told me you are on the way to Fort Rannick...I thought you could need a tracker and guide, so I came running after you.

Sense Motive DC 20:

Clearly she is hiding something from you. She has her own reasons to travel to Fort Rannick.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Yup, and my mother was a good hearted housewife. Why are you really here? You are hiding something and before we add another to our troop, we need to know what that is.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Ailetha warily watches the ranger of whom she has heard stories, but has not previously met.


Shalelu sighs

Yeah, I've never been a good actor...I heard stories...something happened at Fort Rannick, the rangers aren't coming to Turtleback Ferry anymore to buy their supplies. One of the Black Arrows is a former lover of my mother, I just want to check if he's ok...


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan looks at Shalelu with some concern. "Well, we'll let you know on the way back what we find. But it might be a good idea if you stayed behind this one." Karlan gives a weak smile. "We've got some rather nasty enemies that may come after us. It's not a good idea to be trailing behind us as they might think you a softer target. Only reason Mr. Marek here is even going is because he's on the way and, well, hasn't gotten any sort of clue between Harry's snarls. What's his name? We can ask about him."

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Diplomacy


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry and Thumper are out front, keeping an eye on the passing terrain.


Shalelu hesitates for a moment

Lt. Jakardros Sovarak...is his name. He's second in command in Fort Rannick. I...I never understood what mother liked about him, but I don't want anything happening to him...you would rescue him should you find out he was kidnapped or something like that, wouldn't you? Since if not, I have to go myself.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Yeah yeah whatever, we will find your wayward fellow, for no reward, and return him safely to no acclaim. Now shut up back there, you are ruining the ambience of the woods, and alerting potential foes. For a Ranger you make too much noise. " Harry calls back snippishly.


Shalelu ignores Harry

Sir Karlan, I want a promise, otherwise I will accompany you or travel on my own.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha just watches and listens figuring it is best to not get involved in this rather strange conversation.


Male Human Paladin 8

"I can promise we can try to rescue anyone we can if there's need and the possibility of success." Karlan says sparing an eye roll for Harry's ill temper.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana leans in close to Celestra and asks, "Lover's spat? I never thought I'd see Harry treat a woman with so much disdain."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Leaving out of the conversation, Harry just keeps walking...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Alana wrote:
"Lover's spat? I never thought I'd see Harry treat a woman with so much disdain."

"It must be! I've never really met this ranger, but apparently they are not getting along so well. I feel sorry for her. She probably really likes Handsome, but Harry does not give any indication that he wants to commit to any one in particular. I could see right from the start that to get involved with him can only lead to a broken heart. This is where I am glad to have him as a friend, but content to not let it be any more."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"I wonder what she has done to upset him so? Should one of us go speak with him?"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"You are the newer one of us, my Luv! I'm sure you would have a better chance than I would. I think you are still in his good graces and he would be open to hearing what you have to say. As for me, I think he is still not pleased with the talk I gave to him about the young expecting Ms. Vinder! How about we both go over and I'll let you do the talking."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana chuckles before jogging ahead to catch up with Harry. "Care to share? Seems like you are not too fond of the girl, what has happened?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I don't like her very much, isn't that enough? Brushed me off in Riddpleport back when I was a nobody, wouldn't give me the time of day with her fancy self absobed airs and Elven superiority - ignoring Handsome Harry when he puts on his best charm? Outrageous that is, outrageous. Silly wench followed us along to the Thistletop Goblins and then found herself out of her depth up there. Of course once she needed help it was all 'Harry the Hero, oh carry me on your big strong arms here I am defenceless blah blah and my legs so weak at the bleedin knees', but I don't forget a sleight and I brushed her off back, and brushed is where I wish she stayed. She's real good at being all smiles and cheer when she wants something, and here you have it, the manipulative cow is right into the good Sir Karlan, trying to eke promises out of him and taking advantage of his code by emotionally blackmailing the fellow. She knows from me I'd tell her to saddle her horse and shift back to Sandpoint where she came from."

"Cousin Kanyk, he was a Ranger; she's just a liability that likes to go camping"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana takes on a very serious air about her before batting her eyelashes and looking rather coy she says in an affected southern belle accent (or rather the Pathfinder equivalent), "Oh Harry! Whatever will I do if I'm in danger?! I will need a big, strong fellow like you to carry me. Oh I do feel so weak."

... and then she falls into a bout of that insane sounding laughter she is prone too.

"Seriously now, Harry. So what if she brushed you off, obviously she does not know the good thing she had a chance to have. Be the bigger man... erm, person and let it go. Acting this way really is not becoming of you, and all it does is tell her that she got to you, she got under Harry's thick skin. What is one slight from a silly girl to you? She should be insignificant, so act accordingly. Besides, she says the man needs our help, it is not his fault she has treated you so."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"See that would be about right, I'd wager a few gold coins she's want to be friends now its Harry with the axe and the fine armour in good company, see thats a useful Harry isn't it? Whats really got under my skin is that she's just another bit of salt in the wound from Sandpoint, everything from Sandoint has a strange way of turning out badly, it's as though the place is tainted; I arrived and everything looked too good to be true, then the town gets attacked and children killed before my very eyes. The fine Mr Foxglove, started out a young fop and a dandy but a likeable enough fellow, then he turns out as a crazed undead looking to carve us all up with a razor in a house of bloody horrors. That young Vinder lass? Well that was fun landing a merchants daughter, but who knew the town tart would be ready to pop a halfling and she and her daft father would make sure all my enemies knew it? This silly little wench seemed alright at the start, but then turns out a fine piece of work that ignores those she sees as below her, then turns on the charms when she wants something.... now here I am walking along a bloody road a long time since I've been able to indulge in my share of wenches and mead to who knows what bloody danger, and where was my last chance to live it up as a free man marching to uncertainty? BLOODY SANDPOINT, and again, cursed!"

"It's a bloody consipracy, I did better in Magnimar and Riddleport after all. I rue the day my feet will point once more to Sandpoint, and let me tell you now my steps will be more stubborn than a mule as I am dragged there."

"If this fellow is in danger, he'll be rescued, and of course we'll do it out of some kind of bleeding heart goodness"

"Can't see myself carrying you, you seem a handy enough sort... reckon you'd hold up well when we get to swinging steel and crushing the evils we face...and you seem to have a deft touch with young Miss Zomesco eh? About time that one was taken in hand and had some of the fluff blown off."


Shalelu does not seem satisfied

Ser Karlan, I can see your point and I don't want you to put any of your friends in danger. Please, let me accompany you, then I can decide on my own - without endangering anyone if I want to continue a rescue mission that is too risky for you.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Taken in hand and have the fluff blown off?! Is that the way Handsome thinks of me? I can't believe he just said that!!

Celestra, after overhearing Harry, and recognizing that he must not realize that she is near, discreetly falls back.

I'll have a talk to Alana later. . .


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan shakes his head. "No you don't see my point. The point is there's a fair chance we might not be coming back. The point is that whatever or whoever took out the fort probably took out the rangers while they were at it. Now we're going to go into this with a flying, invisible, sorceress lamia likely chasing us to attack when she has the best chance of success. I've had some ideas around that, but, they're based on whose already here. Hells, even that other fellow doesn't know. The point is you're just another target of convenience for her to get to us. The point is there's a wilderness around Sandpoint that's practically undefended while you are with us. The point is that it's far easier for us to do what we do while our group remains relatively small. Look, we'll find out what happened to the rangers that's why we're going to begin with and you know me well enough to know I'm not going to leave them in a terrible way if I can do something about it. That and I already have enough frama here not to worry about you and Harry being aloof and grumpy."


Shalelu seems frustrated but she bites back any critical response

Ok...I got it... she nods, gives Harry's disappearing form one last look and then takes the road south again.

I would like to see three know nature rolls by your guide, scout or whatever - the person that leads the group on the way to Turtleback Ferry.


Male Human Paladin 8

Oh ha ha... :P


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I suppose this falls to the bard since our rangers seem to keep disappearing, or being chased off.

If it is 1 per day, I can take 20 and just get a 30 for each of them.

Otherwise, I will Take-10 for a 20 on each of them.


So you will take your time with a morning discussion each day? The good old days of trial and error wilderness adventuring are gone, mhm?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I can take 20 as a standard action, it should not take all morning.

Lore Master

If you really want us to roll for fun so that we can meet things to test Harry and Karlan's martial prowess, here are three checks:

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Ah, forgot about Lore Master...what a pity.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

I can roll too, if need be she does have Knowledge (nature) but only at +6

To Harry, "Yes, Celestra is a beautiful woman with a kind and loving heart. She is a gentle soul, who sees the best in everyone. Come now Harry, at least wait for the others so that any who watch us see a united front. I do not think Karlan sounded too keen to let her join us either. It is a pity, I would have rather enjoyed asking the woman of her life but it is not worth having you be upset all the while. As for Sandpoint, well I promise I will work hard on a way to turn them all to goats for you the next time our paths cross this town."

Diplomacy1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Yeah righto, poor old Harry was always a sucker for a skirt. Seems Sir Karlan has given her the heave anyways, so nice to see her riding away - anything not crew is fair game, but there's nothing in those hills but barren wasteland anyway" Harry stops bristling so obviously about the Ranger and falls back to the main body of the party.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

As Harry falls back, Celestra simply smiles to him politely. However, she soon starts making her way forward to ride next to Alana.

"So Harry thinks I need some of my fluff blown off?!"

Celestra bursts into giggles. Heeheehee. I never realized I had so much fluff on me in the first place!" The aasimar wipes tears from her eyes as she cannot help but laugh at the expression. "I wonder if he thinks I'm a bunny! Heehee!"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana finds Celestra's giggles to be contagious and is soon doing the same. She reaches over and brushes a stray piece of hair away from Celestra's eyes and smiles.

"The world can be a cruel place, some of us become cynical after a time and loose faith in the good of people. Harry seems to be in a place where he is walking that line, it is good that he has someone around with so much fluff to help keep some light in his life."


Male Tiefling (Daemon-Spawn) Magus 8 (Fiend Flayer)

Marek watches the whole affair with detached curiosity, absorbing some key informations. He discreetly approaches Ailetha, who seems to be somewhat distant from the sitation.

Lady Aurcalam, would you kindly shed some light on a few topics that arose from this whole altercation?

He awaits for a positive response before continuing:

The fort has been taken? Last I heard the fort was still standing, but then this information is almost a year old. I just figured if they'd survived there until now they would remain there forever, and that was a foolish, naive, thought.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Alana wrote:
"The world can be a cruel place, some of us become cynical after a time and loose faith in the good of people. Harry seems to be in a place where he is walking that line, it is good that he has someone around with so much fluff to help keep some light in his life."

"You are so kind to say so, my luv. I never want to get that cynical in life. I think it's just too short and we don't have the time for such things. We've got to live our lives to the fullest! But on a serious note, if you think I am ever being . . . . well . . . you know . . . . too fluffy, will you please let me know? I don't think its good for a girl to have a reputation of being too soft around these bruisers! After all, how are we every going to be able to put them in their place?!"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"Of course my dear, of course. Do not worry yourself about what others think, though, you must be who makes you happy and no one else."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks over at the tiefling: We do not know what is happening at the fort. It is believed that the ogres and giants may have launched an assault. But, since they are usually not very organized, this is rather unusual.

My understanding is that there has been no contact with the fort in several months. This could simply be a failure of the messengers, or something far worse. That is why we are being sent. To make sure that the fort has not fallen.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"So no bloody women or ale at the end of this walk either? Only fighting? I suppose one out of three is better than none"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Alana wrote:
"Of course my dear, of course. Do not worry yourself about what others think, though, you must be who makes you happy and no one else."

"So true, my dear! Spoken with true wisdom! So what do you think we can do for Handsome Harry? I feel like he could use a little cheering up along this journey. I fear that just fighting is not going to help his love for life!"

5,751 to 5,800 of 7,867 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.