Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,401 to 5,450 of 7,938 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry burts out in laughter, the tension now gone.
"Ahh thats the right spirit with which to take Riddleport. The place is a bit of an open sewer in a lot of ways, however there i the oportunity for adventure and excitement like no other place on the continent."

"Suppose the next round is on me then eh ladies?" bringing Ailetha back into the fold.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Well, you already know about my parents. My mother probably thought my father looked tasty, and ate him once she finished the important business.

Looking over at Harry: Yeh, I suppose a round of something strong would be appropriate about now.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana's face grows still and passive at Ailetha's comment, "Have you never learned anything about your father's life? Who he was, where he was from?"


As you arrive the Rusty Dragon, the customers are still dead-silent. No one dares to approach or address Harry, but all of their faces are covered with question marks. Bethana is courageous and wise enough to take Harry's hand and draw him to the bar without asking any questions openly

You don't look like a happy father, mhm?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra goes directly to Alana and whispers to her before they sit down, "What did the pirate decide to do? Need I ask?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks at Alana and shrugs.
I have no clue who or what my birth father was. I was found by the roadside in Ustalav. Since I was not deserted at an orphanage, I assume that it was not my father who left me there. Most likely my hag mother. Also, since hags tend to drop the child on the doorstep of the father and then scare the crap out of the father when he realizes who, or what, he had been with, I will assume that either my father is dead or was already far from where I was born. I was found by my real father who was a traveling researcher from Brastlewark in Cheliax. That is where I grew up and the world that I know.

Hags have been known to consume their mates and since I was not given to my birth father, I assume that my birth father was killed. Do I have proof of this no, but in all my analysis, this seems to be the most logical choice.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

To Ailetha, "So then you never knew your mother either. I suppose it all worked out for the best, though, you seem content with the life that you were given."

To Celestra, "He's made no decision as of yet. Harry has impressed upon him the importance of haste, and Ailetha the importance of silence, though she realizes it's likely already too late for that. We expect to hear from Vinder in the morning."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks at Alana: You do understand that my mother was eight feet of malevolent evil right? That she probably enjoyed skinning her victims while alive, that she likely enjoyed killing and eating children and then sending the child's head back to the parents as an anonymous gift.

I know what I am, and I know what I am fighting to not become. Can you say the same?


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana cocks an eyebrow at Ailetha, a fiery glint to her eye, "Pardon me, but did I say something offensive?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:
You don't look like a happy father, mhm?

"Suppose it's pretty easy to fall in love with the idea of a dashing vagabond and wistfully wish that he was the father of your unborn, no doubt, and I am no less than certain there's a few 'young Harrys' up and down the coastline, and no fewer than half of them actually the by blow of the local milkman. Now we have cleared up this little misunderstanding, I think its time that the conversation went away as its distracting us from the very real possibility that men are getting murdered and butchered as we speak. There's no cause for celebrations this evening."

"Bethana, grab me a beer. If I don't have to save my wits and stamina for a roll in the hay tonight I might as well be drunk. Oh and one for Ms Aurcalam and Ms Wayworth, or as many as they want. Put it on my tab."

Harry merrily wanders back to his fireside seat. Thumper returns to his spot adjacent the fireplace.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra walks up to the fireside and gives Thumber a scratch behind the ears as she addresses Harry.

Handsome wrote:
"Bethana, grab me a beer. If I don't have to save my wits and stamina for a roll in the hay tonight I might as well be drunk. Oh and one for Ms Aurcalam and Ms Wayworth, or as many as they want. Put it on my tab."

"I don't suppose you care to offer a drink to a gentle priest of the drunken hero who has a soft spot in her heart for weddings and children now, do you? I take it that you are going to have to say no to that poor lady? I am a bit disappointed, but I am not mad at you, you know? I do understand your argument, Harry. A big wedding does put Shayliss and the child at risk, but even if you deny her that, I do hope you are still willing to offer her some support financially at the very least! She is not going to be in a position to support herself when she is going to be busy raising that child! Tell me, Handsome, would you ever consider coming back here and marrying her once this whole evil affair is over?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"BETHANA, ADD MISS ZOMESCO TOO!"

"That's right Celestra, I am going to say no. I'm going to say no because it puts people in danger, I'm going to say no because a wandering rogue is no fit parent, I'm going to say no because there's no point making a bride when all you are going to do is make her a widow moments later, I'm going to say no because I'm not staying, I'm giong to say no because I hold no love for the woman, I'm going to say no because I woudn't honour any vow of faithfulness, and you know it, I'm going to say no because saying no is the right thing to do."

"I'm also not going to be providing for the child because that would make it Harry's child now wouldn't it? and of course, it isn't Harry's child. However it might just be the child of a local lad who might come by a lucky windfall which allows him to look after them both... savvy?"

"One day I'll get tired of the road and the ocean Miss Zomesco, but it's no time soon. Once my enemies are all dead and buried and I have taken enough booty to retire like a prince on a throne built of the bones of our enemies, then I might think about wives. It will be a wife made of steel though, a wife like a she-wolf who can watch over me and mine and claw the eyes out of anyone looking for trouble, not a soft tender petal"

"That's the end of the matter, we have work to do. Real work, and we leave for it shortly so we need our rest and nourishment now... plenty of time for idle chatter, bad food, and uncomfortable evenings trying to sleep in our cloaks in freezing snow and poring rain ahead."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"First of all, you do not give yourself enough credit. You would make an excellent father! You are strong, bold and fun loving and you would be a strong role model! Just think about that child's life growing up with Shayliss as a mother. The poor kid is going to need someone to serve as a strong male figure in his life, especially if the child is a boy! But I know, you are going to be too busy battling villains to serve that role. Well, would you consider an anonymous donation to the child's well being? Shayliss need not know where it comes from, and thereby ridding you of the burden of ownership, even if you truly are the real father! Come on, Harry! I don't like making you feel uncomfortable talking about this, but you should at least hear it from a friend. Your child is going to need all the help she can get! Some day the child may even learn the truth, that her father was a brave and mighty warrior who saved Sandpoint and thought enough to take care of her while he was battling evil! Well, enough of my rambling. You're going to follow your own calling regardless of what a young lass like me says."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Thats right Celestra, I am" Harry remarks, clearly and politely expressing thats the last he intends to talk on the matter. "You lot drink up, I'm going to bed, I expect that Vinder fellow to come along and tell me his thoughts in the morning so I have a long day ahead."

Harry picks himself up and heads to his rooms.

"At least you don't ask too many bloody questions" he asides to Thumper.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

After Harry has departed, Celestra turns to Ailetha and Alana and remarks. "There I go again! I can't seem to keep my mouth shut when I need to. I just can't always help myself when I get fired up by an issue. He is probably annoyed with me, but just keeps it to himself. Well anyway, maybe a little of what I said went between those ears. There is no doubt that he is a great fighter and a wonderful ally to have on our side. We certainly need him in this task before us, and I definitely don't want him distracted in what he has to do, but I just want him to think a little about the effect his actions have on this world! I also wonder about what that child's life will be like growing up. Let's just hope that Mr. Vinder will take care of his grandchild!"


The customers look a bit disappointed when nothing more happens and as night falls all of them go home more or less drunk and with a strange story to tell that climaxes in Harry sweeping the sheriff from his feet...

The next morning is a cold one, the sun seems dim and heavy clouds threaten to veil the world in pouring rain...only Bethana is already whistling joyfully and working in the kitchen. The smell of hot waffles and pancakes wafts through the Rusty Dragon...maybe a good breakfast is able to drive away any dark thoughts.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"So Bethana, something hot and warm, unlike anything I got to enjoy last night aye?" Harry crassly suggests with a broad grin as he alights at the kitchen and starts picking at the food. "Wonder if there's enough room to stuff you in my pack? You'd be a welcome addition on the road".

Harry sits down and throws his half eaten pancake to Thumper as he helps himself to a fresh one.

"Not looking forward to getting out in all that horrid weather, it's as if the Gods are suggesting we stay home. Nothing to be done for it I suppose"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra stays up late visiting with the girls and the guests and the following morning she comes down from her room with her hair disheveled and sits down at the table and says, "I could use some coffee, if you have some, Bethana." She then just sits quietly trying to wake up.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"There you go Miss Zomesco, everything is better with a nights sleep, a warm coffee and a hot pancake or two." Harry tosses Thumper another pancake whilst helping himself to more of the pile.

"Any thoughts on what the road ahead may bring other than a rough town in the middle of nowhere?"

"You look a bit more, untidy, than usual Ms Zomesco, if you don't mind me saying so that is..." Harry snakes his eye around the tavern, as if half expecting some midnight Romeo to be making a swift and unobserved exit.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"There you go Celestra, everything is better with a nights sleep, a warm coffee and a hot pancake or two."

"Yes, I'm sure I'll be fine once I eat some breakfast, but I'm just not sure why we have to get up so early in the morning. It does seem a bit uncivilized don't you think?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"We are in uncivilised business, with uncivilised people possibly watching out for our comings and goings"


That joke - putting halflings into rucksacks is so old... bethana grins and heaves some more pancakes on Harry's plate.

Mr. Vinder has been here...shortly before sunrise. Didn't knock, just looked thorugh the windows...he looked a bit pale if you ask me.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Bethana wrote:
"Mr. Vinder has been here...shortly before sunrise. Didn't knock, just looked thorugh the windows...he looked a bit pale if you ask me."

"What could he possibly want at this time of the morning? I doubt he's looking for a drink."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Righto, well I told him to be here, and he isn't. Reckon he's made his choice then, and we can head off."


I don't know... Bethana sounds thoughtful maybe he just couldn't bear it at home anymore...men tend leave when trouble is mounting... there's abit of an undertone in her voice...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Harry wrote:
"Righto, well I told him to be here, and he isn't. Reckon he's made his choice then, and we can head off."

"Well, if you asked him to be here, that would explain everything! Did somebody let him in? He was probably just waiting for the place to open up. There doesn't seem to be much of a choice if he cannot get it. I'm sure this is none of my business, so forgive me if I cannot help myself, but what exactly did you have to discuss with him, Harry? I thought you were just going to be on your merry way anyway?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I gave him his two choices, seems he made a new one" Harry drops a coin pouch on the table. "Reckon if he's not back any time soon Bethana, that'd be destined for the fellow to run it how he sees fit" With that, Harry heads back off to pack his gear for the road.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra turns to Bethana and asks her. "Do you know what this pouch of money is for? Has Harry decided to take care of the Vinder child after all? Here let me give you some money to add to the fund. I am sure Shayliss could use some assistance in the times to come. Could you kindly see that the family gets this?"

Bethana:

Celestra hands over a small pouch with 100 gold pieces in it.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"Good morning, everyone." Says Alana in her sing song voice as she comes nearly skipping into the room. Clearly she is a morning person.

She eats light, as usual and listens intently to the conversations while tossing bits of food here and there to Thumper as well.

She watches as Harry leaves money, assuming it's for the girl and his child as well, she considers leaving extra as Celestra does, but pauses, "You don't suppose this would upset Harry, do you Celestra?"

Her hand hovering near her own money purse.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra gives her a warm smile! "You are so sweet, Alana! You hardly know these folks, but you are so quick to give of yourself! This is what I love about you!"

Alana wrote:
"You don't suppose this would upset Harry, do you Celestra?"

"No, no, not at all! Besides, the initial pot of money was started by Harry. I'm just adding to it to make it really worth something! Anyway, Shayliss is going to need all the help she can get. If Harry is not going to be around to protect them, then at the very least, she will be able to leave this area and make a better life for herself and her child. Bethana will see that she gets it!"


Bethana takes the pouch and lets it slip into her skirt

I know someone who will soon be needing that money. she says and smiles.

While Harry has went upstairs to pack his things, Ven Vinder enters the Rusty Dragon. He looks like he hasn't slept last night and the wrinkles round his eyes look like canyons.

May I speak to Mr. Handsome for a last time? he says and it makes you feel a bit sad that all the power has gone from the once imposing man's voice.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana smiles cheerily and hands Celestra her own purse of 100 GP to add to what she is giving.

As Vinder enters, Alana excuses herself silently to find Harry. She will let him know that Vinder is present and asking to speak with him, but if he'd rather not, Alana will carry back a message instead.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha comes downstairs and finds the women there, and Harry not. Figuring that Harry will either fix things, or screw them up more, all by himself, she orders a stack of pancakes and pours on the syrup. She then sits back and enjoys the show and food.

When she sees Alana and Celestra discussing the money, she simply shakes her head.

It is the girl's fault. She should have known better. She would be better off without the help because if we give her a stack of loot, she will just blow it and then have much more that she cannot afford that she does now.

DMZZ/Bethana:

When I can get Bethana alone:

I do not know how much money those foolish girls gave you for Shayliss. But, please do not give it all to her at once unless you know she is going to be leaving town. The only thing worse than her being broke and pregnant with Harry's child, would be blowing through the money and then being broke, having obligations, and being pregnant.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

While Alana goes to get Harry, Celestra smiles gently as she touches Ven Vinder's hand compassionately and says, "Have courage, Sir. All will turn out for the best in the end! Trust me. You and your family will have the blessing of Cayden Cailean! He has a special place in his heart for children and will look over Shayliss and her wee one!"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

You guys realise that this is like, one of the wealthiest families in town right? Its like feeling sorry for Oprah

"Ahh you came back, I expected you a little earlier Mr Vinder, I assume you made your decisions then?"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana doesn't feel sorry for her (and no, I did not, I'm not familiar with the past story of anything prior to my entrance really), but even still, a man is responsible for his child even if the mother is rich ;) I would say the same if the rolls were reversed too.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry should marry then divorce and sue for half, and claim child support. He'd retire well off and never have to adventure again! Get me a shovel, Im'a diggin fer gold!


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

He'd have to have custody of the child in order to get child support!!! Then he'd have to settle down and be daddy :)


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)
Alana Wayworth wrote:
He'd have to have custody of the child in order to get child support!!! Then he'd have to settle down and be daddy :)

Like so?.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

roflmfao, yeah something like that!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7
Heavy Harry wrote:
Harry should marry then divorce and sue for half, and claim child support. He'd retire well off and never have to adventure again! Get me a shovel, Im'a diggin fer gold!

Depends on how well she was at drafting a prenuptial agreement. Total value of the estate goes into the equation, but generally only those assets acquired during the marriage can be divided. Most likely Harry would get none of the family money and Shayliss would get 1/2 of whatever Harry made while married.


Male Human Paladin 8

Sometime in the future Karlan and Anya actually take their son along adventuring. Unfortunately that turned out bad.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

It didn't turn out bad, his son got called back home after a year of slow adventuring.


Ven vinder nods his head

I told Shayliss that you aren't interested in living with her...the poor girl cried the whole night through...I...I guess she will understand it anyway, she has to. I just came here to tell you that should you ever need help, The Vinder's will be there for you.

In the back of the room, Bethana nods to Ailetha...


Male Human Paladin 8
Ailetha Aurcalam wrote:
It didn't turn out bad, his son got called back home after a year of slow adventuring.

You never read Rendel's backstory. It was bad.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"The reverse is even more true Mr Vinder, I expect I'll be through this way again, if I'm not... well"

Harry thinks for a moment, the dark look crossing his face again as some inner demon kicks its way to the front of his psyche.

"Bethana, just in case I don't come back, here's a few gold... it's for flowers. On the anniversary of the attack on Sandpoint, I'd ask you to leave a bunch by a grave, you know which one"

Harry gives Mr Vinder a polite knod of knowing, and moves to depart.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra watches the interaction with Mr. Vinders and Harry, but she remains silent.

Hmm? That was very kind of him to offer assistance to us should we ever need it! Maybe this is working out for the best.


You leave the Rusty Dragon and step out into the chilly morning...the clouds don't promise anything good, but it doesn't help and with packs full of Bethana's pancakes you leave the small town at the Varisian Gulf.

Am i correct to assume that there is no saying goodbye to anyone besides Bethana?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I will say goodbye to Bethana, don't really know anyone else other than the sheriff.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"No need to be waking people to see us off, the worse the conditions out here, the less likely people are to be paying attention to our departure and the less information for the likes of Xanesha"

Depsite clearly being grumpy at the lack of anything vaguely resembling fun on his brief stint of rest and relaxation, Harry still appears to be keeping up a professional face.

5,401 to 5,450 of 7,938 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.