Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,351 to 5,400 of 7,938 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Hey, you can easily retcon that and we just assume you accompanied her.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ok, then I will be with her, but generally staying quiet as this is really outside of what Ailetha has studied, or grown up knowing.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry wanders back to the Rusty Dragon, slightly annoyed about the turn of events and the realisation that his chance for a tumble in the hay has been ruined, and that soon enough he will be back on the road suffering the penalty of abstinance it entails. All the misery of being a chaste hero and none of the upside. The realisation dawning on him makes him kick rocks down the street as he walks.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Shayliss, my luv. I am so concerned for you. I am Celestra, and this is Father Abstalar. We are both priests, and we want to see how you are doing. Would you mind if the good Father lay his hands upon your belly and checked to see that the child is doing well? Meanwhile, please tell me how you are feeling. Do you feel nauseous at all? Do you have cravings for strange foods? Please don't let this word get out there, but I hope you haven't been having anything alcoholic to drink while carrying this child."


Shayliss eyes go wide, obviosuly she feels affronted

My mother has told me everything a woman has to know during a pregnancy. Never would I touch a drink and yes, you can bet that I don't feel very good during the morning hours.

she calms down a bit as Father Abstalar lays his hands upon her. He mumbles some words of power and golden light covers his hands.

After about two or three minutes of total silence and concentration, he takes his hands off her

There can be no mistake, this child is Handsome's child.

Shayliss instantly furrows her brows

Who has doubt that? I've never been with anyone else!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Ailetha who had been listening speaks up when the girl gets annoyed.

With the magic of this world anything is possible. For instance, would you believe that my hag mother likely ate my father and then deserted me by the side of the road?

Our objective is to determine the truth of the matter. Having an irate father burst into a tavern and announce to a half-orc that the half-orc is the father of his daughter's child was probably not the best way of doing things.

Since this is Harry's child, we will have to do all we can to protect you and the child. However, we have enemies far worse than you can imagine. Currently we are tasked with hunting ogres. Would you wish to have ogres decide to attack you and Sandpoint because they knew Harry's child was here?

Shayliss, whether it was you or Harry who made the decision to have some fun a few weeks ago, the result is apparent. What is best for you now is to keep the identity of the father secret until the evil we hunt has been eliminated. Your sister was murdered by those following this evil, we do not want any more members of your family to succumb to the same horrible fate, including you and you unborn child.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:


Who has doubt that? I've never been with anyone else!

Not what half the town says! Yellow card ref, c'mon, detect lie already!


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

It's like watching a soap opera

Since it seems everyone but Karlan headed out to deal with Harry's could-be-child, Alana decides to stay and keep him company.

"So, how is it that you came to be an adventurer in the path of so much danger?"

Where would be a good place to learn about potential elven and human villages that Alana might have come from?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Shayliss is shocked by Ailetha's assessment of her situation

You mean Harry won't be staying here to live with me and the child?

now she sounds like the naive village girl she most probably really is

Father Abstalar sighs and rises, walking over to Ven to speak privately with him...he let's the women handle the situation with Shayliss...

You could check Elves of Golarion for example


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha shakes her head:
I am afraid not. Harry and the rest of us have been assigned an important task by a powerful individual. . . . But, on the positive side, I imagine that once we are finished, Harry will be able to take care of you and you will be able to live a very comfortable lifestyle. For now though, I think that it would be best if you continued to live with your father for your safety, for the safety of your child, for the safety of Sandpoint, and for Harry's safety.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"I am afraid, Ailetha is telling the truth. Harry has an important job to do. Perhaps it would be best if you spoke with Harry and had a heart to heart conversation to figure out your next steps. Tell me, Luv, do you have any means to support yourself or do you need financial assistance from Harry?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

For a moment Shayliss seems like she's wanting to sulk now big time, but then, her countenance clears up and she nods. With resolute voice she says

I know, my husband is a hero and heroes have to do things in far away places and face monsters and dangers we ordinary people cannot even imagine. I'll be a good wife and I will stay here and wait for him until my hero comes home...but there is one thing before you depart again...I want to marry him...marry him before something teribble happens to him...do you think he will agree to that?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"That sounds like a splendid idea to me! Marriage would certainly add some legitimacy to this family. It would also validate Harry's financial support he will be leaving you when he is absent. Let's just hope the old pirate does not get stubborn on us. Well, at least we have three sisters in the party to assure him of the correct course of action. Harry is very strong willed, so naturally we cannot make any promises, but we will try our best. In the meantime, take care of yourself." Celestra gives the girl a gentle embrace and kisses her on the cheek. "Come on Ailetha, we've got to go and find Harry and Alana as well."

If Ailetha agrees, they will depart and return to the Rusty Dragon.


Father Abstalar follows quickly, relieved that the situation has ended so well.

At the Rusty Dragon, everyone is waiting in great tension...Bethana nearly squeaks as you enter. Even though the tavern is still very crowded you could hear a needle dropping now.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha listens to the naive girl and just shakes her head.
Marriage is a big decision, something that you will have to talk with Harry about.

She then follows Celestra out.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"We are back, my friends. Harry, please have a seat, we have so much to tell you."

Celestra pulls up a chair with Father Abstalar, Ailetha and joins the others at their table. She can barely hold back her excitement!

"Harry, we have visited Shayliss and spoke with her, and then the good father touched the child in her belly and we have wonderful news for you." Celestra looks around the table for dramatic effect. "You are going to be a new father!"

"Shayliss is very excited and she is very much hoping you will propose to her soon. We could help you plan a wonderful wedding with lots of flowers, ribbons, and music! Just think about the celebration we could have back here at the Rusty Dragon. Let's have dancing and lots of food! Naturally we will need to order a great deal of wine and ale for the guests, but that should not be a problem. Harry this is so wonderful! You are to become the patriarch of a real Handsome Family!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha just shakes her head at Celestra's over exuberance.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Excellent Celestra, and I will get you to hang around long enough to lead the last rites over her grave not long after. I'm starting to think there must be something in the ale yuo lot are drinking to come up with such a daft tale of folly, did you not hear a word I told her father?"

"A big celebration with flowers and music? Do you suggest that Xanesha and her allies was having a hard time finding us so you might just help out? Maybe build a huge lighthouse nearby and send out the message to the whole world."

"There is no pleasant end for Harry, there will be no Handsome manor and nice fences with polite dandies and 'how do you do sir'; that ship of peace sailed long ago and this here pirate is not on its manifest. The best I can hope for is a bit of fun before I go, for my enemies will hunt me always, until I'm too slow to see them coming. I'm a killer, and a remorseless one at that, wild animals make for poor domestic pets."

"How many more of Sandpoints residents are going to get killed over stupid decisions?"

"If being married suits her mood, then she will be on the first boat to Riddleport under an assumed identity. Shayliss Vinder will be no more, and she may never return. She will instead live with my 'Aunties' who although they are whores have hearts of gold. Otherwise its forget dear Harry and that's the child of some respectable local suitor, I'll put coin in his pocket ensure he looks respectable enough"

"How soon can we leave? If I'm not getting any tail then I'm well in the mood for some blood"

Harry seems rather dismissive; even Thumper seems unusually agitated.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha looks from Harry to Celestra and back. After the silence has lasted too long she speaks up.

Harry, if it is what you wish at the time, not the present time, then a big celebration would be good. For now, I know full well that this half-orc is not prepared for domestic life. And as I told her and her father, to announce to the world that she is with the child of Harry, killer of ghouls, destroyer of goblin tribes, and the hunted of a lamia matriarche, is really a poor idea. If she wishes to kill herself, there are much faster and cheaper ways than by getting married to Harry Handsome right before he goes into battle with the worshippers and followers of the Runelord Karzoug.

However, Harry, you are the father of this child and you need to speak as a civilized person with the little seductress and her father. This issue needs to be settled and the issue put to rest so that the five of us can head out without worrying about Shayliss or anyone else we have left behind.

I plan on going into the hinterlands of Varisia to do combat with the evil that resides there. And WHEN I return, I expect to find Sandpoint in one piece with a hot meal waiting here in the Rusty Dragon together with a good brew. I do not want to return to find this good town in flames. Thus, you need to put out this potential fire before it is allowed to turn into a raging blaze.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"How nice to hear someone talking sense finally. I have no intentions towards any such celebrations, I'm a vagabond and a wanderer, none of that settling down suits me."

"I'll go give 'em their options"

Harry seems all business as he heads for the door.

And off to Mr Vinder should there be no arguments!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I whisper to Celestra before I leave to follow Harry: You might want to stay here. As much as I value your emotions, I do not think that they will play well with the slightly unstable half-orc who was just told he is going to be a father.

I then head out with Harry hoping to help smooth out any unhelpful emotions.

____________
When I am with Harry:
Remember, we are fighting a great evil. I know where your heart is. I don't care what you tell the girl, but we need her to be happy and quiet so that we can succeed at our mission without loose, pardon the pun, ends.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"I remember we are fighting a great evil, I just wonder that sometimes our allies forget that small detail. At the end of the day this girl is nothing special, shes just another seaside lass to catch the wind in her sails from a passing sailor, just like the thousands before her. For all I know I have a small army of bastard offspring up and down the coast, even the first mate of the Slippery Eel 'Pug-nose Pete' had near a dozen before he went down with the ship to father no more. Talk of weddings and marriage? I'm a Riddleport orphan raised by whores and thieves, what time nor inclination do I have towards such an institution? Wives and families are for merry merchants, not wandering swords for hire... I have no trade but the profession of arms, there's no civilised place for the Harry's of this world."

"Simple as that, either she heads to Riddleport or she gets a suitable suitor, and I'll kick in some gold to make sure everything goes smooth"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

If we are to leave this town in peace, let her think you will return. Personally I could care less, my father was most likely eaten by my mother, so trust me, whatever you grew up knowing, it was not what I did.

Now then, what are you going to tell this naive girl so that she will keep her trap shut and think you are returning. A broken heart in a few weeks or months will not get her killed. A big mouth now will cause her and this community much harm. And as much as the big oaf next to me might like to think otherwise, if this girl, her unborn child, and the town come to harm, the noble heart that is within the roguish exterior of Heavy Harry will also feel great pain.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"If she thinks I'll be returning she will certainly err on the side of foolery and start organising bunting and make bookings for all sorts of stupidity like weddings and honeymoons. Her happiness is the least of my concerns, her silence, one way or another, is much more the issue. It's a dead dirty business that we are in, and sounds like you know as well as I do that being an orphan with no ties allows us to be brave and laugh in the face of death for we have nothing to lose. To have family and property at this point in our lives will only serve to give our enemies leverage and force us to cowardice. One day I will take a wench to be mine own, and sire a bunch of bouncing brats, but it will be to some tough Riddleport whoremonger with a rod of iron for a spine, a mind like a rattlesnake, and a deft hand with a sharp razor. The sort of hard as nails she-wolf you'd take comfort in knowing was looking after your wee ones and look over me while I slept, ready to bathe any interlopers in a sea of their own blood. This young lass would just be a lamb to the slaughter"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Hearing Harry continue to complain, I grab his shoulder and stare into his eyes:
Don't give me this bullsh!t about you being a rogue. I have seen the pain in your eyes when you think about the little girl that died when you had nothing but a club and could not save her. You are no longer that Riddleport thief. You are Harry, Savior of Sandpoint. This is your future, this town all but worships you.

I pause for a second, but do not give Harry a chance to respond.

Look at my eyes, do you know what having eyes of two colors means? My mother is a hag, an annis hag. A creature of nightmares far worse than anything that you grew up with in Riddleport. And do you know something, every day I have to fight the pull from my mother and her coven of hags. Every day I feel them attempting to pull me back. Do you know why I resist? It is because I believe in good, I believe in helping people and learning about this great world I was born into.

You are very similar to me. While you may have Heavy Harry the Riddleport enforcer in your mind, you are no longer Heavy Harry and you know full well you never will be. You may think of yourself as Handsome Harry, and from the number of inn rooms I have seen you go into and leave, I suppose this is an accurate description. But, what you really are is Helpful Harry, or Honest Harry, or even Noble Harry. This town would elect you mayor if you asked. They love you despite the number of young ladies you have spent time with.

Right now Honest Harry needs to go to Shayliss and tell her what she wants to hear. And you need to be truthful. You know as well as I do that you could live with her. She is Sandpoint and I imagine that you and her could have a very good life. But, this is not a decision you need to make now. Any man that is forced into marriage will flee from it. You need to tell her that you are on a dangerous mission and she needs to shut up about who the father is. You need to make sure she knows that if she tells people, she will likely find her unborn child being cut out of her belly with a rusty knife. That is what monsters like this lamia matriarche are likely to do just to hurt someone, in this case that someone being Helpful Happy Harry.

Now, lets get to his foolish girl, tell her what she wants to hear, and then get out of this town before anyone gets killed from their own stupidness.

With that I release Harry and continue on toward the girl's home.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Right, and I am of the blood of the Elves and the blood of the Orcs, and I know which of the two fills me with the blood red rage and is the harder one to keep quiet on those dark nights or when things grow frustrating."

"That girl died because I failed, my steel wasn't quick enough nor my mind attentive enough. When I was supposed to be learning about battle dressings from my mentor I was too busy daydreaming about fighting, she represented my failure writ large. I swore there would be a reckoning both to avenge her death at the hands of people who never knew she existed, and to make up for my failures. Along the way I've learnt a little more from Sir Karlan about what it is to be a bit more upstanding and a little less the Rogue, but that Roguish side will never go away because I relish it. Deep down I feel the burning red rage of the bloodlust, when my axe cleaves into living flesh and spills the guts of my enemies it sings deeply. As I wade in their gore the Orcish primitive rejoices and beckons me on to more, sweeter than any ale in any tavern. You reject parts of your heritage, I embrace them, for that blood is what gives me a livelihood. I don't know one end of a rake from the other, I'm not destined to be Harry the Farmer, or Harry the bloody Shopkeeper."

"You'd make a good wife, that Shayliss would make a liability and a death sentence" Harry looks aside at Ailetha, "We'd need to sort out your fashion a bit though, your dess sense isn't all that flattering"

"Lets get this done, before I hit someone."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Well, that is where we are different, even if you gave in entirely to your orcish heritage, you would still be Harry. If I gave in, I would be seven feet tall and capable of ripping you limb from limb with ease. Parents tell their children stories of orcs to frighten them. People don't tell stories of hags, because they are nightmares.

But, as I said, for now we are going to tell Shayliss that you will return. You do not have to agree to marry her, but you have to make sure she knows you will return. I do not care about the truth of your statement, that is for you to determine. What I care is that she thinks you will return, and that she is frightened enough that she does not say anything. If you would prefer, I am quite good at scaring the hell out of people and I can make sure that she knows what the outcome might be if she talks. But without your affirmation and solace, it will all be for naught. We are going to diplomatically shut her up. And then in the morning, get the hell out of this town before something bad happens.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Slight retcon before Harry and Ailetha departed.

Harry wrote:
"A big celebration with flowers and music? Do you suggest that Xanesha and her allies was having a hard time finding us so you might just help out? "

"Harry, I was not suggesting in any way that you invite everyone, and certainly not Xanesha! She is a party wrecker if I have ever known one! All I am saying is that we could keep it a small and quiet affair with just some good friends celebrating life. I know she is taking a big risk in loving you, but what is life without some risk?! She certainly loves you and without a doubt she is carrying your child. I just feel that we already have enough orphans in this world and this child will certainly need a father and a role model to be inspired by. Do you have some love for Shayliss in your heart, Harry?! If you do, then you really should consider making a commitment to her by marrying her. I am not saying to stop adventuring, but all you would need to do is come home to her every once in a while. She can leave Sandpoint with her father, but at least she can live in the comfort that her child will not be a bastard born out of wedlock! Please Harry, won't you at least consider the possibility?! Come on Alana and Ailetha, I could use a little more support here! Harry needs to hear what we have to say!"

Ailetha wrote:
"You might want to stay here. As much as I value your emotions, I do not think that they will play well with the slightly unstable half-orc who was just told he is going to be a father."

"Ailetha, my dear, I love you very much, but you have got to learn to stand up to Harry! He cannot have his way with woman and expect no consequences for his actions! If he did not want to marry her, maybe he should have thought about that before he slept with her! He must have some love for her! Please try to talk him into marrying the poor girl. I don't mind if you send her off to live far away, but she needs to know that she is loved and that her husband, Harry, will take care of her the best he can!"

Celestra reluctantly agrees to stay at the Rusty Dragon when Ailetha leaves with Harry. Once they depart, she orders a pint of ale to try and calm her nerves. After taking a deep slug, she asks her dear friend, "Alana, what do you think of all of this?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

..taptap DMZZ, we got some draaaamaz to deal with! Where's that Mr Vinder hiding?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Lol - time for bed for me, lets see how miss pregnant prissy responds.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

I think she is about to be 'somewhat disappointed' with her options


As you reach the Vinder's place you can already hear an argument going on between Shayliss and her father. They must be shouting at each other in her room on the first floor

...oh yes, I will leave and you and your bigoted friends...

a daughter does what her father tells her, Abadar tells us that...

Oh shut up with your Abadar, I can't think of a more broing god to worship!

But he tells us that we have to honour our parents and that we don't act like whores!

You call me a whore? Are you crazy or what? At least I'm still alive while your always-do-good daughter is dead and hacked to pieces!

then there's the sound of a slab and silence.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Ahhhh and there we have it plainly"

Harry knocks at the door and awaits the good Mr Vinder.


Ven opens the door, a vein is pulsing on his fronthead and his cheeks are of a dark red

Mr. Handsome. he says curty I assume you want to see your wife-to-be?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"You assume rather poorly Mr Vinder, I am here to see you"

"In the interest of keeping this to the point and because neither of us has the time nor inclination to mince words I will speak plainly. You aren't the first father to be stuck in this predicament, and I am not the only travelling vagabond to have been in such a bind either. The difference is that those vagabonds didn't have half the Abyss travelling behind them and lying in wait to the front of them like I surely do. I'm a rough man with little to no honest means locked in a dance with death, and that dance was started here in Sandpoint when I took arms in defence of this town."

"So where does that leave Miss Shayliss? If the word spreads wide enough, as it already has that she's carrying the bastard child of Harry Handsome then she becomes a tasty target, an easy picking for those who wish me harm. The minute I clap a ring on her or make any sort of motion to suggest that there is a bond then that seals her fate and the fate of the child, and likely its a grim fate and you know it. There's only two ways out of this Mr Vinder, either Shayliss disappears quietly to Riddleport under a new identity and in the care of my Aunties who will ensure she has some support and protection, even though she will be living above a whorehouse frequented by ne'er do wells, or her alternative is for a new suitor to appear in the picture who we can all live with."

"Anything else is a death sentence for her and the child first and then me second. I'd reckon you've lost one child, don't be a damnable fool and make it a second one. Her name was on the lips of that murderous Foxglove, so I'd be reckoning the best bet is for her to have a bit of obscurity living with a quiet type of lad who has managed to stay out of trouble."

"So to that end Mr Vinder, I reckon you and I need to talk about which one of her other potential suitors you reckon might fit that bill, and then I will go talk with the lad and we see it happens that way, I'll make sure the boy has coins to support her, you just need to give me a name. Don't insist this has to be any worse a mess than it is already."

"Name the boy, Mr Vinder."

Harry is completely business, and like pulling on an old glove, he has slipped into the persona of Heavy Harry, the emotionless lump of steel who didn't blink dragging men back to an inevitable execution at the hands of their creditors.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha simply stands behind Harry with her arms crossed. If she sees any type of a negative response appear on Mr. Vinder's face, she will simply frown and shake her head.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Aunties? Vinder echoes, his voice sounds a bit hollow now

Can't we find an agreement? She really wants that marriage ceremony, I think she believes only then your child wwill be blessed by the gods and I have to admit that I can understand that point...especially in such a dire time as ours.
If you worry about her safety, I know a place where she will be ultimately safe...we Vinders are a far-stretched family of merchants and my cousin Adeoro is a purveyor to the court of Queen Abrogail II of Cheliax. He lives in Egorian in a house that looks like a nightmarish fortress guarded by Hellknights...


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana is completely enthralled by the drama unfolding around her, she watches the conversations with rapt attention, not speaking a word until she is directly addressed. Then, with a slight frown and a furrowing of the brow, Alana responds to Celestra, "With all due respect, Celestra, I do not agree. Why should Harry marry a woman he does not wish to be with? Even if the child is his, and I don't doubt your claim that it is, a marriage should be about something more than a child. Yes, perhaps Harry should have thought about his potential to impregnate the young woman before he took her to his bed, but then again, the young woman should have thought about the fact that men often don't want to marry a woman who is no longer a virgin, and that she risked becoming pregnant without a husband. It was her choice as well, I doubt Harry forced himself on the girl.

"My parents were never married, and my mother raised me until the age of 13 by herself and I think she did well. I stayed with my father from 13 to 20 years of age. While with my mother my father sent care packages and coin to help her in raising me, and on occasion he came to visit with me. While I lived with my father, my mother often sent letters to me, which is how I learned she had fallen ill when I was 20 years of age. I do agree that Harry should take responsibility for his child, but I do not agree that his responsibility should be shown by marrying a woman that he would not choose as his bride if she weren't pregnant with his child."

As Harry heads to the door to leave, Alana hurries after him as excited as a school girl to see how the story will end.

Hearing the gory exchange between Ailetha and Harry, Alana keeps her eyes downcast, feeling overwhelmingly sad for the two of them to have to have endured such atrocities. Having seen her own share of bloodshed since she left home for good, Alana has never gained the numbness towards it that so many people speak of.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"No Mr Vinder, that won't do. Xanesha was positioned to strike at well protected and well appointed men in Magnimar, so Egorian would be no different. Riddleport is a den of snakes."

"Your options have been laid plain, a one way trip under an assumed identity never to return, or we talk terms on finding a new suitor for her to marry and she gets her wedding and an acceptable husband. There's no conversation to be had about whimsy and the blessings of gods; this isn't some maidens fancy novel Mr Vinder, and I think you know that"

Harry re-iterates the point with a flat stare.

"Which is it Mr Vinder? The longer we have this conversation the worse it looks and the more it tips the suspicion of our enemies"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Or, the other option is for her to stay here with you. No husband, just a young unwed mother. But, if this option is chosen, it requires absolute silence. Actually, all the options require absolute silence. It does not matter whether she is here, or in Egorian, or in Riddleport, or even in Katapesh or far away Jalmeray, if evil wants to hunt you it will. It might be a lamia matriarche, or red mantis assassins, or undead assassins. I do not know what this evil may use, but I know that it has had a plan for good Harry since the beginning. Messages left for him and ghouls asking for him. I do not know why, but I will find out. However, if you want to stay alive, you need to make a decision and the decision MUST include being silent about who the father of your child is.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"At least if we find another decent suitor there is a dignified way out, and it also ensures things look the way that keeps everyone safe"

"Ailetha is right with those observations, for some reason I was picked out from the start"

"How's it going to be, Mr Vinder?"


Another suitor? he sounds doubtful I don't think she sees that option...most probably she will just run away...can't we postpone all these things and wait until you have either perished or defeated the monster that is hunting you? We could keep the silence until then?!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"How would that work Mr Vinder? It isn't one monster, but rather a great monstrous conspiracy that has its tendrils spread over many continents like a gigantic sea beast, it will outlive my friends and I almost certainly. You can't maintain silence until then because the whole town already knows of this predicament, that barmaids were telling the good Sir Karlan simply shows that the die has been cast."

"Mr Vinder there is only truth or lies, either the truth is acknowledged and there's a marriage and they quietly go to a place where I may one day join them, in this case Riddleport and under assumed identity never to return here, or it is found that it isn't Harry's kid because theres another fine chap along, a suitable chap, who claims ownership, and we tell a lie to cover the trail"

"That's all there is to it Mr Vinder. I'd reckon there's sense in a fine young local lad who intends to settle here and work hard, a fine young lad not prone to adventures and violence, a good lad who could use an opportunity to do an honest job and provide you with a decent son in law. Reckon thats your best bet Mr Vinder, it saves having your daughter marry an absent man and end a penniless widow, a long way from home and on the run from agents of evil"

"You'll find me back at the Rusty when you have made your mind up, I expect you no later than noon tomorrow, Evil is on our heels, and men are dying horrid deaths whilst we await your ruminations; every little delay we endure creates another widow somewhere else at the hands of the Skinsaws... I'd be seeing to us having fewer widows and orphaned children if it's all the same by you"

With that, Harry and Thumper depart.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Alana, my Luv, I'm sure Harry loves her. He wouldn't take her if there wasn't some attraction would he?! I guess I just love the idea of a great big wedding with lots of festivities! I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up with Harry involved. Well, you run along and be sure to come back and tell me every juicy bit! I'm going to take Ailetha's advice and stay and enjoy myself here at the Rusty Dragon. Go along and have some fun! I'll catch you later, Sis!"

After Alana departs with the others, Celestra decides to go pour herself a glass of white wine and go visit with some of the patrons.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan, left to his own devices at the church decides to let Harry handle his own business like the adult he is. Only thankful that it at least didn't end in a brawl. Still cursing himself over a thoughtless reveal of Harry's bastard child he went from the church to the stockade where he checked in with his lower ranked deputies and putting in duty lists, checking over the payroll before ensuring it reaches the sheriffs office. He busied himself with mundane tasks in order to keep himself from shoving an unwelcome nose into private affairs.

It would be easy to think that the paladin would be angry or even disappointed about Harry's careless womanizing. But, Sir Karlan was a man of Lastwall. There soldiers, both male and female, were not above finding relief in the arms of a stranger. There were many soldiers and opfficers who were also bastards in one form or another. His wife and their coming child was a considerable blessing. The subject that Harry worried about was one that he and his wife talked about extensively. Though Anya was no village girl. She was a competent swordswoman in her own right as most Iomedean's could boast. More than that she was a trained inquisitor. Though admittedly Karlan tried not to think about what all that entailed. They agreed that any potential enemies seeking rebenge on Karlan would have an easier time going after him. She would be across the continent surrounded by the defenses of the country in the company of men and women who would be eager in the least to remove the blight of a child slayer from the world. Iomedae willing Karlan had bigger worries over sandpoint and his friends than over his wife.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

To Celestra's comments, previous to her leaving after Harry and Ailetha, Alana takes on a seductive look and leans in close to Celestra before whispering, "Love and attraction, my dearest, do not always go hand in hand."

She straightens back up, winks and grins before running off.

--------

To Vinder, "If there is another young man who is interested in her, and from what I have heard in my short time in town, there are several, I personally think that is her best bet. Not just her safety, but her chance for a loving marriage that she can spend with her husband, if a marriage is what she wishes."

She jogs off to catch up with Harry and Thumper. Her hand trails down along the top of Thumper's head.

"Sounds like it's a nice bind you've found yourself in..." she trails the sentence off, leaving the offering for Harry to speak if he wishes.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Probably not the first time it's happened, and probably not the last. This is a world populated by bastards, and every port side town has bunches of 'em. I would have expected a family of that level of community respect to have more sense and wits than to go around letting the whole town know their only living daughter was knocked up by a a passing pirate though, it certainly makes things hard on everyone involved"

"This thing needs to end with a convincing story or her disappearance, reckon her name was on the lips of several passers by and residents of this here town, so there shouldn't be a shortage"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana shrugs, "My parents were never married. Then again, my mother's father didn't go looking for my dad to try and make an honest woman out of my mother either... Personally, I've always thought marriage was over-rated, I guess I'm just too much of a free spirit to be tied down in such a way. I don't think that Celestra will easily let go of the idea of you marrying the girl, though. She seems to think that since you found her attractive enough to bed her, then you must love her as well. I'm sure we'll get them to come to their senses, though, and in the meantime, we'll do what we can to make sure the girl and your child are safe."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Not much call for marriage in Riddleport, the only reason you would is so you could have a few brides scattered about a coastline so that you always had a spot to drop anchor when you dropped anchor"

"Celestra will get past the idea of a marriage, her heart is in the right place and shes a golden woman who I consider not only a friend, but as a great asset to any venture, just sometimes we have a different view of the world. She will drop the subject when the bodies start falling though, but until then she will harp on for a little happiness and goodwill"

"My mother was an Elf, my father an Orc, the union no doubt was less than pleasant, and there was certainly no talk of honesty or happy families. I don't remember either of them, I just know the story. My parents were the older kids of the gang of tip rats I ran with before being nabbed by a few kind hearted whores who thought I might be worth fostering, even if only for what I might be useful for later."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"Mother was human. Father is an elf. She found him beautiful and exotic, he found her pretty and interesting."

She glances at Harry out of the corner of her eye, "I went to Riddleport once. I arrived at dawn, and by dusk I had been relieved of my last copper and made horseless as well. I had a marvelous time, really."

5,351 to 5,400 of 7,938 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.