Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,301 to 5,350 of 7,949 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana shrugs and follows the other women, staying behind them while waiting to see what direction this confrontation is going to take.


The sheriff also gets up and nearly throws his flagon of ale off the table

He grabs Harry by the shoulder and says

What are you up to? Don't start a fight!

Now the whole group of you has Vinder's full attention. With grave expression he walks over to Harry

I was told you are the man that goes by the name of Harry...Handsome?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Seeing that this may be heading in a direction that would not benefit anyone, Ailetha speaks up:

Come now all, is this really the time or place for this discussion?

Bardic Performance - Fascinate on Harry and Vinder. DC18 Will save

Next Round:

Bardic Performance - Suggestion on Vinder. DC18 Will save <-- may be a penalty on the save of 1 or 2 if request is reasonable.

I think we should all go to the back room and sit down and discuss this matter in normal voices like civilized people. Please come and join me Mr. Vinder.

Next Round:

Bardic Performance - Suggestion on Harry. DC18 Will save <-- may be a penalty on the save of 1 or 2 if request is reasonable.

You to Harry, come and join us in the back room where we can discuss this quietly.

One of those abilities that never seem to get used.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Will Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Harry looks at Ailetha oddly for a moment, and then notes the hand on his shoulder... Harry doesn't seem so keen on that, and kicks the Sheriffs legs out from under him.

Trip 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"And you must be Mr Vinder, with a lump of sawdust between your ears, I think we need a talk" Harry seems to be suggesting it is going to be a one way conversation as he advances on the man.


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan steps between the two inwardly cursing as he immediately regrets his actions.

"Okay gentlemen let's discuss this like people not prone to knocking each other's teeth out first and possibly maybe considering talking later. Mr. Vinder you may feel free to start knocking harry's teeth out but please keep in mind that myself and the sheriff are here and will be happy to scrape up what's left of you after Harry defends himself in the matter his people are known to do. Which is to say, speaking as a man whose seen them at work in much less civilized climes, not very nice and have you cool your temper in a cell." Turning to Harry he adds. "And you know we have more important things to get on with than have to spend the time trying to deal with the repercussions."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Oh well, it was worth a try. 75% chance Harry would fail his save.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana leans into Celestra and quietly asks, "Why is Harry so upset with the man, enough to strike out at the Sheriff? This Mr. Vinder hasn't even spoken his mind yet?"

She ponders the men's behavior as she watches the unfolding drama with rapt attention.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry seems a bit more amenable to Sir Karlans request for quiet and stops himself advancing further. He instead points forth a finger accusingly towards Mr Vinder "You stupid mug! If the good Sir Karlan here knows the story after about a minute, I'm guessing he heard it fifty seventh hand and that the people here told him, which means your big loose mouth has let half the bloody town know which means its the worst kept story in the continent and the news is probably half way to Magnimar by now. If you used that sodden lump in your head you'd know who we are and what we do and you could imagine at the sort of enemies we might have, enemies who might be looking to square up a ledger for the bodies we have stacked so high in our battle. So now you have gone right ahead and put this rumour out there to tell them all about it, no doubt they'd be looking for some leverage on dear old Harry and your daughter would be every dream they had come true."

He almost calms for a moment and lets that sink in...

"So if that is my bastard brat, then you just put its life in danger running your mouth, you have endangered your daughter by making her a tasty target for a bit of revenge, and you put my bloody companions at risk because if something happened then they'd go to the rescue of either or both out of a sense of loyalty."

"You sir, are an idiot, and a dangerous one at that."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana's eyes grow wide and she issues a faint gasp before covering her mouth with the tips of her fingers.


In no time the sheriff is back on his feet and maybe it's only Karlan's presence that makes him not slap Harry. Grinding his teeth he waits some paces away from Vinder and Harry. It's obvious that the proud man with barbarian-heritage can't take such an insult in front of so many Sandpointians...

Harry's short speech indeed has left an impression, Vinder's face now is void of mocking distaste, he seems rather lost in thought for a moment before he slowly shakes his head, turns around and without saying a word leaves the tavern.

Bethana and all other guests have completely fallen silent during this critical encounter and even now, no one dares to say a word.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

As we continue to brawl with the sheriff and local yahoos. Do we want a sixth player to join the team? I have a good player from another campaign who would like the join another campaign (Karlan, it is Bron from the Kingmaker campaign.) Let me know what you all think. As we are about to head out, it would be a good time unless we want to pick up a druid, witch or ranger somewhere in the woods. Also, what role, if any, would you want him to fill. Obviously his is replacing Kanyk our errant ranger, but we are fairly well covered on most of the standard roles.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra, never comfortable with tension between people whispers to Ailetha and suggests, "Ailetha, dear. Maybe you better go back to playing some music on the stage. This is far too much tension for the common room of the Rusty Dragon. Can I get anybody another drink?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"He can't have been too convinced by his daughter then, the man departs without a word." Harry looks somewhat unamused still.

"Sorry Sherrif, suppose thats an ale I owe you"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"Or, perhaps your speech has scared the daylights out of him and he's rushing off to gather his daughter into hiding." Alana, however, looks greatly amused.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Or to change his pants.

Any thoughts or comments on my prior post about adding one more player to get us back up to 6 players?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

As long as they are reliable, and are prepared to fill said role :)


The sheriff nods slowly and the anger disperses a bit

At least one... he grumbles and walks back to the table.

Still, Harry, you have to talk to Shayliss and find some kind of agreement with her family. I guess there was some truth in your words and I think that Ven has understood that too.

The sheriff leans back as Bethana brings the new flagon of ale, he already smiles again.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Then Sheriff, let me talk plainly. I don't think for a minute I am the only pirate around here that has had that ship under full sail recently, so lets not point fingers until we have some facts; when even a passing stranger like Aldern Foxglove was able to tell me she had an reputation for being easy then I reckon working out who got her with child is a bit like eating a plate of beans and then trying to work out which one made you fart"

"Don't get me wrong I ain't judging, I'm easy too, thats just the way it is for us Riddleportians when you don't know which day is going to be your last; for some of us you didn't know which hour will be your last before meeting Pharasma"

"The only difference is that unlike some of the other Sandpoint Scallywags that might have been plundering the booty, I am turning out to be a man of some means, and that no doubt becomes a bit of an attractive difference. Wonder if Father Abstalar has some way of asking the Gods to send us some proof... he did offer to help out earlier, and maybe this can be sorted by that. I'll talk to Vinder once the facts are known"


We could ask Father Abstalar, a priest can surely find out who planted the seed of life, don't you think. the sheriff muses while turning the flagon in his hands.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry looks at his ale with a momentary expression of black unease "Don't suppose somehow that Aldern Foxlglove got his knowledge first hand and not second hand like he suggested do you? We were both 'here' at the same time...Gods help us all if he is the father"

Harry picks himself up in a hurry and is followed by Thumper in bounding towards the door "This cannot wait!"


The sheriff nearly falls off his chair

Aldern? he sputters and follows you but where to?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Wherever Abstalar is hiding


lol

Following an inner feeling, you rush to the temple square and indeed, Father Abstalar is talking to a acaravan guide who has just arrived in Sandpoint. As he sees you and the sheriff approaching, he stops his talk and looks at you, surprise written all over his face

Gentlemen, it must be urgent?!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"The young Vinder lass has a galley full of sailor and we need to know who's boarding party put it there. Could well of been mine, but might also have been Foxglove. Best be working your magic Father, because if either of those is true then we have a right bunch of problems"


Father Abstalaer needs a long moment to understand what you have just said

Oh

the old man furrows his brows and scratches his bald head.

Desna sometimes gives her priest insight. I can try to contact the new life and wait for a divine inspiration, yes.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"So we will just wait here then" Harry suggests, making it clear he has no intention of moving away in a hurry.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

As Celestra watches curiously, she decides to let Harry and the Sheriff take care of their business without her tagging along. Instead, she exits the Rusty Dragon and tries to find Mr. Vinder to have a few words with him.

"Good evening, Mr. Vinder? I'm Celestra Zomesco, and you seemed very concerned for your daughter back there. I was just wondering how she is doing?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana, meanwhile, is trying to convince Ailetha to sing a song from her childhood.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

You really want to hear a song about growing up in Brastlewerk, Cheliax?


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan remains quiet lost in his own thoughts.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

"Absolutely." She smiles wide.


Momentarily confused by Harry's staying at the temple, Father Abstalar hesitates for a second before he leaves for Vinder's place together with the sheriff.

----------

As Celestra reaches the Vinder's warehouse, an imposing building right at the marketplace, Ven is sitting on a bench in front of his house, lost in thoughts. He looks ap as the priest of Cayden addresses him and smirks

She is doing well...at least fo now...how could she ever fall in love with that never-do-good...she could have had a man from Sandpoint, a member of a rich merchant family, maybe even a captain of the guard...


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Vinder wrote:
"She is doing well...at least fo now...how could she ever fall in love with that never-do-good...she could have had a man from Sandpoint, a member of a rich merchant family, maybe even a captain of the guard..."

"I admit, Harry Handsome is a bit of a ladies' man, but he is still a good man. He may not be rich, but I think his heart is in the right place. Tell me, does she still love him? Does she have the hope that she will spend the rest of her life with him and be able to raise this child with him?"


For a moment Ven seems profoundly confused

Love him? I...I didn't ask her...since we lost her sister to this killer, nothing has been the same in my house. Grief has moved in and we talk rarely and when, then it mostly ends with slammed doors.

Ven seems to be a broken man under that surface of the successful business owner.

The face of a woman about Ven's age appears at a window behind him, as she notices you, she furrows her brows and gives you a questioning look.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well, I do give you my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss! My parents were killed at a young age, and I have felt that loss all my life. Please know that if there is anything you need, anything, please come and seek me out. I am Celestra Zomesco and you can usually find me at the Rusty Dragon. I will leave you at this time, but I am afraid that I may have aroused your wife's suspicion. Please forgive me for any trouble I may have caused."


Please waitVen slowly stands up and scratches his neck I ow you a lot for killing this swine Aldern...and I guess I really wasn't fair to Mr. Harry...ummm, you know anything I could do to apologize?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well, you are very welcome. We have grown to love Sandpoint, and we are only too happy to help out as we can. As for making amends, well the Harry I know would not be into much fanfare, but if you bought him an ale down at the Rusty Dragon, I'm sure that would go really far!"


Could you speak to him? My daughter would surely like to see him and I think I have to apologize also...you know, I...

suddenly Father Abstalar races round the corner, as he sees you, he stops and leans heavily against the wall I'm too old for running

I'm here to find out if it really is Harry's child....momentarily Ven's expression darkens Did he doubt that? Father Abstalar waits and looks at Celestra, unsure what to answer.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well that would be important to find out. That could change a few things around here. But first, Father, have a seat and rest a moment. There is no need to tire yourself out running around." Celestra gestures for him to sit down. "Tell me Father, from one priest to another, how do you plan to determine the truth of who the real father of this child is?"


Ven understands at once that this is a talk between two clergymen and so he departs into his house.

I guess that sounded a bit rude, mhm? Anyway, I will try to use the divinational powers Desna has granted me. Sometimes her priests and those of Shelyn can contact the unborn life...but I think it won't be easy to persuade Ven to allow that.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well, it would only be to Ven's benefit if he knew the truth about the father of his grandchild. I hope we did not offend him. I can speak to him if you like, but he is clearly worried for his daughter in this whole affair. Do you think the daughter is inside? I am happy to accompany you, but I will gladly go wherever I am most needed."


Yes, that would be most generous of you. You and Ven seemed to have found a level of understanding, mhm?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra knocks on the door to Ven's house. When he comes back to the door, Celestra speaks to him kindly.

"Master Vinder, please forgive me for intruding, I meant know offense speaking to Father Abstalar about his skills. We are most concerned for your daughter and only what what is best for her. As I'm sure you'll agree, finding the true father will be most important for everybody involved. Please tell me, is your daughter at home? May we kindly come in and see her?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry realises these Clerics are pretty slow at getting the job done, and Harry being Harry, he heads back to the Rusty Dragon Inn.

"If its urgent, they'll know where to find us Thumper." the happy pair make their way down the street in the cool evening, deeply inhaling the salty seaside air. "Reckon there will be a bunch of cats among the pigeons if it turns out my Aldern hunch is right".

"Hey Thumper, would you rather eat a cat or a pigeon?" Harry asides curiously.


Thumper barks happily and hunts a small white that was dumb enough to peer out of her hiding place behind a rain barrel...

------------

Ven looks a bit embarassed

I idn't mean to offend you or Father Abstalar either, surely, come in. I will tell Shayliss to come down.

he bids you into the kitchen, a large room with a central fireplace and beautiful blue/white tiles on the walls. Large copper pans and pots line the walls and you feel at home at once.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Thank you, Mr. Vinder. We really appreciate your cooperation. We do like to keep the peace in this town whenever possible, but we also want to make sure this new little one is well taken care of and Shayliss has the support she needs."

Celestra sits back and waits patiently with Father Abstalar for Shayliss to return.

Looking at the furnishings, Celestra remarks, "This is such a cozy room, don't you think, Father? This would be a wonderful kitchen to make a feast for some good friends!"


Indeed, and I have no doubt that a priest of the drunken hero could prepare such a fine feast. Abstalar grins and for a moment he seems less worried about the task ahead. The elation is gone at once, when Shayliss enters the room.

The girl looks like she has cried for days, dark shadows are underneath her eyes and her hair is tossled, still, in her frailty she looks beautiful.

Without saying anything she sits down next to Celestra and stares at the floor...


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Not sure where I am. I think I am with Celestra, but would have stayed quiet. After all, my mother is an unknown hag and my adopted father was a Brastlewark sage. So, I am not very sympathetic about broken families, nor an expert, about good families.


Ah, I thought you stayed at the Rusty Dragon


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

No problem, then I am at the Rusty Dragon. Really, I think that I would have followed whoever I though was most likely to get him/herself into trouble. Instead, I will hang out with the sheriff and get any news about Sandpoint and the environs north and east of here where we must travel.

5,301 to 5,350 of 7,949 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.