Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,251 to 5,300 of 7,951 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Oh Luv, it cannot be easy for you! Please have a seat. Rest your feet for a bit while I help serve drinks here in the tap room."

Celestra gets up and helps out around the common room, taking orders and bringing out drinks for those with any thirst. Quite comfortable behind the bar, she runs about making people feel quite at home in the Rusty Dragon, very much like she was doing the noble work of Cayden Cailean!

"What can I get you boys? . . . Coming right up. . . Be right there! . . . Where do you folks call home? . . . Welcome to the Rusty Dragon, a haven for you to escape your worries and refresh your soul! . . .

After a while, Celestra returns to the table to check on Bethana and her companions.

"How are you all doing here? Ailetha, dear, can you give us another tune? Let's get this place humming!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Having been quietly thinking about the journey ahead of them, Ailetha had not been paying much attention to the conversation, but at Celestra's request, she goes back out and sings a few songs about hero's triumphing over possessed houses and corrupt officials.

Perform(sing):1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 --> and apparently puts on an above average performance.


Male Human Paladin 8

"Well with all this going on I'm reluctant to leave under such conditions. Still, it doesn't sound like anything has happened since we left and chances are this probably has something to do with everything my gut is telling me. Well, thanks for the information it looks like we're going on a much longer trip."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

With Celestra's absence, Alana does her best to make idle chit chat with Behtana, even though it seems the woman's mind is miles away. After awhile of not making much headway, she contents herself to sitting quietly and listening to all of the commotion around her.

When Celestra returns, she is welcomed with a wide smile but when Ailetha is asked to sing, Alana excuses herself from the table and follows Ailetha. Alana sits quietly in the nearest chair to Ailetha and watches as if in a daze, completely enthralled. At some point she moves from the chair and perches herself atop a table, feet resting in the chair instead, her body swaying with the music.

When Ailetha has finished, Alana tells her how beautifully she sang and says, "Why I could probably sit and listen for days."


The sheriff nods seriously, but then he smiles and says

Hey, I guess you're staying at the Rusty Dragon? Mind if I join you for a round of ale?

--------------

Bethana nods thankfully and takes a sip from a mug of ale. Once Ailetha starts singing, Bethana also seems more relaxed.

Even though the people from Sandpoint are a rather unpolitical bunch, they enjoy Ailetha's tune and after a while hum along.

--------------


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Ahh! I knew I could get Ailetha to liven things up! Maybe she would consider a duet with me?

"May I join you for a number or two, my luv?"

Celestra retrieves her flute and joins in, adding some whole note harmonies to accompany her playing.

Perform Flute to aid Ailetha 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Celestra, you better practice more before you decide to go public!


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Seeing Celestra pull out her flute, Ailetha cringes inwardly unsure of what music, or noise the flute will make. As soon as the off key notes begin, Ailetha decides that something is needed to divert the audience.

Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Figuring that with a flute, the motions of a snake would be appropriate, Ailetha's body begins to sway and soon incorporates as well the dances of far away Osirian and Qadira. Unfortunately, despite her best attempts, and what would be an above average dance for most performers, Ailetha is unable to exactly match the off time cadence of Celestra's playing. Thus, following her prior songs, her performance does not bring the same beautiful art to the stage.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana cringes slightly but keeps her smile firmly in place.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry rejoins the party back at the Rusty Dragon, he appears to be in much better spirits as he parks himself with a jug of ale by the fire, and Thumper at his feet. His attire these days is more like that of the landed gentry or a lesser lord, and much less like the rogue in rags with a stick he first arrived in Sandpoint as.

It doesn't take long for his eye to start wandering the tavern...

"With so many ladies on stage I'd almost feel bad joining in" Harry muses.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana spots Harry and uses him as a good excuse to leave her perch in front of the stage. She smiles and winks at Celestra and Ailetha before moving to squat before Thumper. "There's the handsome fellow," she says to the dog while scratching him behind his ears. "Where did you drag your owner off too, eh? I thought we'd lost you."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

After ruining Ailetha's performance, Celestra graciously excuses herself and returns to the bar where she pours herself an ale. She takes it and returns to a seat near Alana and Harry.

"Please forgive my abysmal performance tonight, Alana. I don't have half the talent as Ailetha there. However, she does inspire me. I guess I need to try and fit a little bit more practice time in between our adventures."

Celestra takes a big drink of her ale, places her tankard back down and then comments to Harry as if she just recognized his change in appearance, "My don't you look . . . well, handsome! What happened to your rough and ready rogue look? You know, I don't want to give you the wrong idea, but you look rather dashing in that outfit! Are you trying to pick up a hot date tonight?"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana offers Celestra a smile, "Now there's no need to apologize for having the courage to go up on a stage and give something your best. No need at all."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Ahh we just had someone we owed a visit to, all done now though and its time to actually relax in a familiar and friendly place where we know the faces. Magnimar was an interesting town I'll never forget, but you just never know which stranger is the enemy - its a bit like my old home of Riddleport, you can't imagine what it's like to have to be on edge every minute of every day watching every shadow."

Reflecting on Celestras comment, Harry looks at his attire for a moment thoughtfully.

"When I arrived in this fine town I had the rags I was wearing, a hefty stick I found by the roadside, and just Thumper here for a companion. Everything I had slipped below the waves and into the briny deep aboard the ' Eel, had it not been for Thumper here I would be at the bottom of the ocean too; who'd have thought anything from Riddleport could be so loyal? Then again, he is a dog, they are known for that. Anyhow, reckon its been a blessing getting to this town, honest wages and honest people, and boundless opportunity. No one makes any comment about orcish blood and people take you for what you are and what you do. It's also landed me a couple of trysts with some interesting ladies, so I reckon its on par with Magnimar in that regard"

"So I might well be looking for one or two more before we leave this fine town again Miss Zomesco, but I'll not dwell o the subject in the presence of two ladies, wouldn't be proper."


The audience applauds as Celestra leaves the stage, with large eyes they follow the exotic dance moves of Ailetha and even though Varisian dancers are well known for their skills, the inhabitants of Sandpoint haven't seen such a dance before.

As Harry arrives, Bethana regards him for a long moment

Harry, you seem changed... then her eyes widen and she smiles You've met a nice lady in Magnimar! I knew it!


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"No, the only nice lady I met in Magnimar has returned with us here to Sandpoint, but I met a lot of ladies who weren't so nice. I am trying to set a better standard though, Harry will always be a Rogue, though sometimes I probably need to listen to the Elven blood in my veins a bit more than just the Orcish self indulgance"

Harry maintains a general perusal of the bar, looking for either ladies, or a general audience.

"Might have to put on a performance myself!"


Splendid! You're only here for about an hour, but the atmosphere in the Rusty Dragon has already reached former heights!

Bethana seems really grateful that you have returned and now she even smiles while serving, chatting and cooking.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra takes Alana's hand in hers and smiles as her new friend offers her words of comfort.

"You are truly a sweet heart, my Luv. You always say the kindest things."

Upon hearing Handsome mention that he may do a performance, Celesta begins encouraging him.

"What are you gong to do? Don't be shy. You've perked my curiosity now. Here, let me give you some encouragement."

Celestra casts guidance on Harry Handsome.

"There you go! You certainly can't do any worse than me, tonight!"


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan nods though in truth he planned to stay at his normal, quiet, room at the temple of Desna.

KArlan arrives at the Rusty Dragon with the sheriff in slightly calmer spirits though the weight of the journey ahead and the culmination of events so far.

"Right so when do we want to move on?"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana gives Harry a devilish grin and chuckles at his sense of properness.

She pats Celestra's hand, "Well thank you. If there was only one thing my parents could agree on, it was that I must always speak pleasant things."

To Karlan's questions, she simply looks to the others, clearly she is ready to move when the group is ready.


The sheriff hugs everyone and seems relaxed for his standards

Good to see you all, Ser Karlan has already told me some tidbits about your journey...not a very pleasant trip. You're equipped and well prepared for the wilderness?


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I look at the sheriff: One can never be too prepared for the wilderness.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"It seems we need to talk business before pleasure Miss Zomesco, then perhaps I'll finish off the night in style."

"I am ready to move out on little notice, but we will need provisions for the journey. We wont be travelling at a luxurious pace, as we have some urgency to simply get there and establish what is going on."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra greets the sheriff cordially. "Well met, Sheriff! How have things been in Sandpoint in our absence? Have things quieted down at all since we left?"


Sheriff Hemlock grins Well, the goblins haven't turned up again. I guess this shaman you met still wets his pants when he thinks of the Saviours, heh. Harry, just tell me what provisions you need and I'll speak to some local merchants and to the mayor, I guess we should get a nice discount for you.

then he takes out a map of Western Varisia and points at Sandpoint

Ok, who wants to explain me your route?


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Sheriff wrote:
"I guess we should get a nice discount for you."

"That would be a big help, Sheriff. Thank you!"

Sheriff wrote:
"Ok, who wants to explain me your route?"

Celestra first looks to the others, and then decides to jump in.

"Well, the next stage of our adventure calls us to a place somewhere around here." Celestra says as she point to the map. "Karlan, do you remember the name of that town? We were thinking that a boat would be more pleasant than horseback. Is there a different way that you would recommend we take to get there, Sheriff?"


Male Human Paladin 8

"I believe we're to head to Turtleback Ferry. I think we'll have to catch a ferry heading that direction upriver is the safest route. Less likely to be travel weary if and when that lamia decides to ambush us. Granted I'm not familiar with this country beyond this part of the coast so if someone has a better route I'm all ears."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Lore Master Take 20 - Knowledge(geography): 20 + 10 = 30
--> What do I know about the area and the route to the fort?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Yep, routes and planning is Sir Karlans area, thats Nobles business" Harry gets up and starts fishing about his possessions for a few moments before pocketing a bunch of items and straightening up his clothes. Moments later, Harry has already swung back into action, pulling coins from ears and generally offering up charming banter whilst juggling objects, pickpocketing others, and pulling flowers (suspiciously like those decorating the tavern just minutes earlier) out of seemingly thin air.

Harry returns to his 'wicked vagabond' demeanour while putting not-so-subtle innuendo past any 'eligible ladies'.

Perform 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 28
Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 (to the pretty laaaadies)


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

At the sight of Harry putting on the charm, Celestra remarks to Alana. "Will you look at those moves?! Look out ladies of Sandpoint! You must admit, Harry can be so irresistible when he gets like this! The only problem is that he takes work way too seriously at other times. Oh well. I suppose nobody's perfect."


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

A devilish glint appears in Alana's eyes as she tracks the Harry's movements across the room. Her chair is sitting aside the table, not under it, her legs are crossed and she leans forward resting her chin on her fist. "Indeed, Celestra, no one is perfect but I find life to be more fun that way. How about I buy you another drink while Harry runs his game. Care to gamble on which one he takes to his bed?"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Alana wrote:
"Indeed, Celestra, no one is perfect but I find life to be more fun that way. How about I buy you another drink while Harry runs his game. Care to gamble on which one he takes to his bed?"

"Alana, my Luv, I would be delighted to have another drink. This is just getting good. I'll wager you the next round on that blonde haired lass with the large endowment. It's going to be just a matter of time. I can already see that look in her eyes! So, which one are you going for?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Which one? And I thought you guys knew Harry


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Joining the girls: So, should I cast silence or grease on Harry when he begins to make his move?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

We started with just one chick in the party, now we have a Coven


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana smiles and says, "That red haired one over there, with the fair skin. I hear redheads are feisty. She's already looking at Harry as if he is her's, and he just hasn't come to realize it yet."

You are the one who suggested I join :P


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry = Magic Mike


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Well, which do you prefer having an ale with? Three chicks or a decomposing Oracle of Bones?


While Harry is still juggling, the door opens and the sheriff emits a low

Uhoh...

The broad man who has just entered the Rusty Dragon, has a chest like a barrel and his eyes fixed on Harry, for now he says nothing, but moves over to the bar and orders a drink

Damn, I should have told Harry at once...that's Mr. Vinder over there...father of shayliss Vinder, who...well, is pregnant with a half human, quarter elf, quarter orc baby...heh.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Celestra looks with wide eyes. "Are you saying that Harry Handsome is going to be a father soon?! Does Harry know this? I suppose it's all fun and exciting until nine moons later when the real work begins. This is going to be an interesting conversation coming up!"

"You know, Harry may be a good person to ask about making a donation to the local orphanage!"


That's exactly what I'm saying...word spread that Shayliss confessed the whole thing to her father just last Wealday...nice coincidence that you turn up here so soon after, hah!


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

I still haven't seen Magic Mike :(

Alana's eyebrows creep up as she listens intently. Her eyes shifting between Harry and the other man, Mr. Vinder.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

Harry maintains his course of action, merrily oblivious for now...


Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan looks stunned for a moment and then shakes his head. "Oh hells. Someone better tell him before he gets seen with another woman by the girls father. It's going to be awkward enough as it is."

KArlan steps out and calls HArry. "Hey big guy you need to stay here for a second the sheriff has something you need to know."


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Excuse me ladies, be right back"

"Is now really the best time Sir Karlan?"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana seems barely able to suppress her giggles, even though her eyes are alight with laughter. She quickly raises her glass to her mouth and takes small sips, seeming to find the wine of great interest.


Male Human Paladin 8

A teeney bit annoyed at Harry's nonchalant reaction Karlan states flaty. "That depends. How badly do you want Shayliss's father to ram down the door of wherever you're going tonight demanding you wed his pregnant daughter?"


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"That man is an idiot, does he understand what he has just done?"

Harry takes a direct line towards Vinder, but there is that 'Harry-might-well-be-about-to-maim-someone' look in his eye as he advances towards the patriarch, all humour vanised.

Thumper simultaneously rouses from rest by the fire with raised hackes and bared teeth.

Sleight of hand 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Harry draws his sap and keeps it tucked in his sleeve as he moves in.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha just sits back and watches the show while shaking her head: Harry is as Harry does, I think that is his motto.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Ailetha wrote:
"Harry is as Harry does, I think that is his motto."

"You got that right, Sister! What's he going to do next? By Cayden, don't people know that you don't ever want to make Harry mad! Maybe somebody should warn Mr. Vinder! Oh dear, this cannot be good. Come on, ladies! Let's intercede before somebody get's hurt!"

Celestra stands up and quickly strides across the room ready to pull out all of her diplomacy skills to try and deescalate the situtation!

"Good evening gentlemen. Are we having a nice time here at the Rusty Dragon? Can I get any of you boys a drink? Perhaps we should sit down and have a nice chat. Mr. Vinder would you kindly have a seat!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha follows, but stays silent carefully watching Vinder. Suspecting that his loose daughter just as likely is carrying the child of any other sailor than Harry.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

5,251 to 5,300 of 7,951 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.