Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Runes

Game Master Zyrenity

Adventure Path Rise of the Runelords - Strange incidents in Sandpoint: a goblin raid, shadows of the past, a serial killer...what other perils do the brave Sandpoint Saviours have to master?


5,201 to 5,250 of 7,872 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 8

Karlan nods. "Right, I suppose a short stop at Sandpoint won't hurt on the way. Gives us a chance to check in before heading out and getting fresh provisions."

Karlan takes the reins of his steed and sighs already disliking the idea of the horse already.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Ahh! A visit in Sandpoint would be lovely! Let's move onward, gents!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

As much as I know you all enjoy Sandpoint, I wonder whether we could catch a ship heading north to Riddleport and then get ashore with the mounts just south of where the Fogscar Mountains start? This would save us several days of travel as we would just have to skirt the hills south of the mountains and then it would be straight into Galduria.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana stands quietly listening to the others, trying to piece together the information in order to fill in the holes of her own knowledge of where they are going and what they will be doing. She strokes the flank of her horse, and coos to it softly every so often in elven.


The sergeant scratches his neck and misinterprets Karlan's sigh

Guess you miss your own charger, eh? These horses are not bad, they are powerful and brave and really make up for their lack of agility, even though they are not trained for battles, they are very fine beasts.

Then he comments on your travel plans

Plenty of ships in Magnimar, but very very few of them sail to Riddleport...and most of them are floating coffins if you ask me.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Always nice for some fresh air Sr Karlan, never know what good deeds we might get to do on the way as well. Who knows, maybe that Xanesha will ambush us on the road? Prefer it there than on a boat; I've already had to swim from one flaming hulk slipping below the water down to the briny black Abyss"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"I admit, I usually prefer boat, but not if it's some flim flam boat that is nearly ready to sink. The seas are far too rough for that! Besides, my horse looks like she is eager to ride! I also want to stop in at the Rusty Dragon in Sandpoint. It feels like my home away from home!"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Ailetha simply shrugs: The road it is then, lets get under way, daylight waits for nobody.


A cold wind blows as you leave the now grey looking City of Monuments behind you. Heavy grey clouds obscure the sun and the Varisian Gulf looks like a bowl of chruning dark fluids...the atmosphere is as gloomy as it can be in fall and only the most stalwart of you don't search the sky from time to time, timid to find a flying man-serpent above you...After the first day, the weather becomes a bit better and as you reach Habe's Sanatorium, the rain stops and the sky becomes less cloudy...at least Sandpoint welcomes its lost daughters and sons...


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

With my wisdom, I never look up and worry about minor nuisances like a Lamia Matriarch.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana quietly inquires about the Xanesha they keep speaking about.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Rather than having me spend all day typing a novel, assume that Ailetha tells you that Xanesha is a Lamia Matriarch and a leader of some sort in a cult attempting to bring back the rulers of this land from many thousand years ago, rules who were powerful magicians and priests known as Runelords.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana listens to the story, nodding occasionally and at the end responding with a simple, "I see. Well now, that does sound exciting."


Yeah...uh...go on to Sandpoint or more idle chatting :)?


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Sandpoint it is..."


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

Onward - to whatever is next, most likely a sneak attack be a really ticked off lamia matriarch,


At last: After another knoll, the white houses of Sandpoint lie before you. It has been some weeks since you've left the city and the change of seasons is hardly ignorable. There are no people in the streets, only a few ships in the harbour and nearly no timber on the Turandarok River.

Your heart makes a small joyful jump as you spot the Rusty Dragon, the tavern that has become a home in the outland for you. As you ride over the bridge connecting the southern outskirts of Sandpoint with the city proper, a young guard greets you with great reverence

Welcome back, sirs and ladies! and once you have passed him, he shouts Hey, hey! The Sandpoint Saviours are back!


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana smiles and cocks an eyebrow, "Sandpoint Saviours?"


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I look over at Alana - As I told you on the ride up here, Karlan and Harry were part of a group that drove off attacks by a horde of goblins and then hunted down and eliminated the leader which was a assimar cleric worshipping some vile and evil goddess, Lamatshu or someone similar I believe. Celestra helped take down the cleric and I joined the band shortly thereafter. As a result of defeating the goblins and saving the town, they were dubbed the Sandpoint Saviours.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

She chuckles, "And what a wonderful title to have."


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

As the familiar Inn comes into view, Celestra bursts out, "Alana, this here is the Rusty Dragon! Some day I hope to own this place! I cannot wait to introduce you to a dear friend of mine, Bethana! She may be short, but she is truly the life of this tavern! Quick, come with me!" Celestra spurs on her horse into a quick gallop and jumps down once she reaches the front doors. When Alana catches up, she grabs her hand and pulls her into the Inn to find Bethana.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Finding Celestra's enthusiasm to be infectious, Alana all but skips into the establishment holding on to Celestra's hand.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"But we didn't save everyone" Harry takes on a quiet and distant demeanour, "I'll join you shortly, I have to go see someone" he nudges his horse onward, and Thumper dutifully follows.

Harry heads in the direction of the cemetary.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

I look over at Alana - I believe the goblins got one little girl before Harry could get to her. He did everything in his power to save her and the town, but blames himself for the death. He does not consider the dozens of other little girls who are safe because of his actions.

With that I watch Harry ride off. Be careful big man, we are going to need you to defeat whatever is trying to bring back the Runelords.


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Ailetha's words are able to steel the enthusiasm right out of Alana's eyes. For a moment it seems almost certain she might cry, but the moment passes and she continues on with Celestra, her attention back on happier things.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Alana, my luv, you are a sweet and gentle soul and hanging out doing the work of the saviors can bring many tears to the eye. However, you have to try and balance that out with all of the good things in life such as love, laughter, and joy! This place is like a haven or a retreat for the weary soul, come along and put the sadness behind you, sister!"

Celestra reaches up and gently touches Alana's face brushing her hair out of her eyes.


Female Changeling(Hulking) Bard/7

When we get back to the Rusty Dragon, I get some parchment and begin to document our adventures to this point. I also put on a show for any locals interested.

Perform(sing): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Perform(comedy): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 <-- generally making fun of the stuffy paladin I have to travel with
Perform(dance): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Although not my best performance, the people seem to like my quips about Karlan.


Once you have led your horses into the stable, the door to the Rusty Dragon slams open and Betha - chubby, rose-cheeked halfling girl - rushes out of the tavern right into Celestra's arms

You're back! quickly she hugs and kisses everyone, puts her hand forth to greet Alana, but then quickly inquires

Where's Perdy hiding? Did he buy me a present?!

------------

At the cemetary Harry meets Father Abstalar next to the old cast-iron gate. The old man grins

Sandpoint's heroes return! Harry, what a pleasure to see you.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Bethana wrote:

Once you have led your horses into the stable, the door to the Rusty Dragon slams open and Betha - chubby, rose-cheeked halfling girl - rushes out of the tavern right into Celestra's arms

"You're back!"quickly she hugs and kisses everyone, puts her hand forth to greet Alana, but then quickly inquires

"Where's Perdy hiding? Did he buy me a present?!"

"Oh, you know that little gnome. He has gotten himself lost in the city of Magnimar. Someday he'll come back, Luv, but for now, we will have to start our fires with flint and steel instead. However, you must show my dear friend, Alana around. She is quite a spell caster from what I've heard and she is going to accompany us on the next leg of our adventure! So are you faring well? What news do you have for the town of Sandpoint?"


Male Human Paladin 8

KArlan has alreadyt separated off and tries to seek out the sheriff trying to determine just how and why they are on this current mission. Jokes at his expense aren't even honored a response.


Perdy's not with you? Lost in Magnimar? Bethana gulps audibly and starts to sob But he told me he would return and then... the halfling girl sniffs and seems deeply moved by the disappearing of the gnome.

-----

As you ride towards the garrison, you come upon a group of guards led by Sheriff Hemlock. The tall man of barbarian heritage smiles as he notices you

Well met, Ser Karlan. Hope you had a good time in Magnimar...may I ask what happened to Mr. Foxglove and his family in the end?


Male Human Paladin 8

"Could not find any living relatives where we were. But some still exist since they're apparently fighting over it in Korvosa. We still poked around it once we found it had been broken into." Karlan gives a full and concise report on what happened including the "accidental" stabbing of the high justice by Harry.

"Right now though I'm concerned about this mission the mayor of magnimar has apparently given us with approval from sandpoint's mayor and yourself sir. A lot of it smelled of something suspicious."


The sheriff nods and does not even object as you mention the murdering of Justice Ironbriar

The higher they soar, the more alluring does the abyss look...hmh, what do you think is suspicious about the mission the Lord Mayor gave you? I was just asked if I needed you desperately, which I negated.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15
Bethana wrote:
"Perdy's not with you? Lost in Magnimar?" Bethana gulps audibly and starts to sob. "But he told me he would return and then... the halfling girl sniffs and seems deeply moved by the disappearing of the gnome.

"Dear Bethana, I'm so sorry to hear that you were burned by Perdy! I don't think he means too. I just don't think he can help himself. He is just like a moth drawn to the flame. He has no choice in the matter, he simply does what he is meant to do. I know this doesn't make it easier, but I'm sure he is doing fine. I would not lose hope, my luv. He will will come back some day!"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

Alana's eyes light up at Celestra's touch, her smile spreading wider across her face. "Indeed it does, but there is no need to worry for me, my emotions, they flow like the waters, this I know, but I always find my way back to happier times."

Alana bows to Bethana before shaking her little hand, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Bethana."

A frown creases her brow as she listens to the pain in Bethana's voice over the missing fellow. The sound of Ailetha's singing soon draws her attention though, and Alana begins to gently sway with the music, a serene look upon her face.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"We have returned, but our questing will have us move further afield very soon. I have just come to visit a grave and pay my repects. I gave an oath to kill those responsible for the death of that girl, and I considered that oath completed. Now I find that I have only snapped off a branch by killing that fallen wretch plaguing Sandpoint and that there still remains a tree of evil who seems to have its roots running deep to a creature named Xanesha. My oath is thus renewed and Xanesha must be brought down"

"Sir Karlan was right, I knew I had to stand for something eventually, wine women and song are almost enough, but a man has to look beyond that just a bit, doesn't he? I am doing what I can to be the more knight, and less the knave, even despite my fairly cavalier attitude to most things."


Male Human Paladin 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Runes wrote:

The sheriff nods and does not even object as you mention the murdering of Justice Ironbriar

The higher they soar, the more alluring does the abyss look...hmh, what do you think is suspicious about the mission the Lord Mayor gave you? I was just asked if I needed you desperately, which I negated.

"It just doesn't make sense. In Lastwall there's an order to these things. If we lose contact with an outpost in Belzken we send a messenger. If the messenger comes back we tailor our response based on his or her report. If he doesn't come back. Or rather, comes back in a way that would not be civil to describe, we send a regiment or two to clear out the occupiers. We don't hire small bands of mercenaries and tell them to act discreetly around the locals. Something's off about this sheriff. I'm a knight and sort of trained for this kind of campaigning but the rest of us are more or less guardsmen in one form or another even if we've managed to pick up some nasty enemies along the way. Heck all we did was solve a series of gruesome murders. We haven't quite done anything that suggests what the lord-mayor, or whoever is pulling his strings, is asking."


The sheriff grins at your last sentence

Well, I think the mayor has hyperbolised a bit when she spoke to the lord mayor of Magnimar about you...guess she said something like "The Sandpoint Saviours can solve every problem...every problem!". But I see your point. Normally such an outpost like Fort Rannick or rather the loss of Fort Rannick - which actually is a real castle - is far too important to only send a group of adventurers...I guess grobaras wants to keep the public out of this whole thing. First Sandpoint is attacked by several groblin tribes, then this serial killing and now a fort lost? If Grobaras wants to be re-elected he has to change some things, eh?

--------------

Father Abstalar furrows his brows as you say "creature"

Good news that you found a new path for you, Harry. Since our first meeting I had the feeling that there is the heart of a champion in your chest. But even if you now turn to the guidance of the Inheritor, Desna will still watch you, she never leaves her flock. Umm, may I ask what kind of Creature this Xanesha is?

---------------

Bethana wipes a tear off her cheek as she shakes Alana's hand

Uh...why don't you all come in. Just this morning I have tried some new recipes and made some wonderful lobster pastries, I'm sure you will love them!

covering her disappointment hardly works, but she tries a smile as she bids you inside.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"A Lamia matriarch no less" Harry offers, a bit cautiously.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Ahh! Lobster sounds wonderful!" Turning to Alana, Celestra sings her praises. "You would not believe the absolutely scrumptious meals Bethana makes. She is a real magician in the kitchen! Just wait until you try these!"

Turning back to Bethana, she asks, "So tell me about the Rusty Dragon. How is business? Are you keeping up with the expenses? Some day I hope to become part owner of this wonderful pub, you know?"


Father BAstalar pales at the naming of such a powerful monster

Oh Harry, it was about time you found a way to steel your heart if I think about the visciousness of your enemies. Is there a way to help you in your quest?

---------

Bethana blushes a bit and quickly scurries inside to fetch the pastries. The tap room of the Rusty Dragon is a large wooden hall with two scores of tables and some cosy alcoves. Bethana is mostly occupied in the kitchen, while local wenches help with serving the drinks. The room is quite full and as some of the Saviours enter, there's a big halloh and lots of toasts.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Only if you know much about Lamias... I think its just a case of us waiting on her to ambush us now"


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

Is Bethana brushing off Celestra's questions in her last three posts and hiding something, or is the halfling simply too preoccupied with the fact that Perdy is absent?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


You guess she has rather willfully ignored your question...

----------

Father Abstalar gives a dry laugh

No Harry, I fear that I'm no help then.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"Well Alana, my luv, I think Bethana is a little bit beside herself. Come, let us make ourselves at home. Can I get you a glass of wine? Do you prefer white or red?"

Celestra comes back with two glasses in her hands and sits down for a visit. "Tell me again, dear, where do you come from and what compells you to join us?"


Female Half-Elf/Human (Bloodline Fey) Sorceress/8

I will totally have to get back to you on that one. I don't know anything about the geography of this place and have no clue where she's from. Birthday today, so I'll try to research it when I can.


Male Half Orc Rog5 Cav 3: HP:84/84, - AC: 21/T:14/FF:18 - Perception: +12(Dark Vision) F: +6/R: +8/W: +4 - CMB: +11 - CMD: 25, Speed: 30ft, Init: +2 (+4)

"Then you remember us in your prayers, and I'll remember my axe, and together we might strike another evil from this world."

Harry gives the friendly a Cleric a warm goodbye, and wanders to a now familiar gravee with Thumper following on.

Harry spends a long while in quiet reflection at the grave, clearly having time to think through where the trail of retribution has taken him. He rises with a grim determination, and as he stands, he takes a handful of dirt from the grave and packs it tight into a small jar.
"I'll visit again" he assures, then makes his way back to the cemetary gates to head back to the others.


In the Rusty Dragon, the rest of the party except Karlan, now sits in fron of plates with steaming hot lobster pastries that smell like the combined heavens of culinary goodness...

Bethana has joined you at your table, but seems a bit lost in thought.


Female Aasimar Cleric 8 hp 50/50, AC 18, FF 15, T 13, Perception +15

"These lobster pastries are wonderful, Bethana dear! This place truly is a wonderful haven away from home! So tell me, Luv, do you have room to put us all up here tonight?" Seeing Betha lost in thought, Celestra puts her arm around her and gently says, "You seem a little distant, Bethana. Are you alright? Is there anything I can do for you?"


Wh...what? Bethana seems confused for a moment, but then she smiles and gets up don't worry, I was just hoping to meet Perdition...and then there's all the trouble with Ameiko, things have become a bit too much for me lately, you know.

For a second you fear she slips into her thoughts again, but then she sighs and explains Surely I have enough rooms for you, there'll always be enough room for the Saviours as long as the Rusty Dragon watches over this building.

5,201 to 5,250 of 7,872 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Zyren's Heart of Runes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.