Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Ruin

Game Master Zyrenity


151 to 200 of 1,468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Ok, thanks ZZ, wounds adjusted :)

The blow from the Gor looked like it should have torn Marieke in half, instead she stumbled a few steps. Bending over, rolling her shoulder a couple of times, Marieke let out a sob of fear and pain, then straightened with a growl to face the beastman once more, her face a mask of rage.

New Main Action : Fear Me! 3 blue, 1 yellow, 1 Fortune ( Using Fortune Point)


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Who'd of thought a pair like that would have been so hard to hit?,Fernis thinks to himself as his hammer flies wide of the bull balls dangling at head height.


As a reminder my action for round two is listed in the spoiler above.

Franz thinks, This is not going well, we are not fighting together as a unit, and the beastmen are better than others I've fought, or luckier.

ZZ, could we have an average roll for the player's side, please? :)


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Rangnir follows his kinsman's attack with his own hoping to catch teh monster in the middle.


Action: Melee Strike
Dice:2 Blue, 1 Grn


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

@Franz: Strange rolls indeed!

@Mareike: Fear me has no basic difficulty modifier? (upper left corner)

(1 success, 4 banes)

Party friction meter moves 1 space, Mareike suffers 1 additional stress

The gor looks dumbfounded at Mareike, the tiny brain inside the toad head seems to reconsider the girl and the beastmen decides to change his target for further attacks.

Rangnir cleaves another hole into the air as his blow misses the gor. (0 successes)

The band of ungors do neither realize the shock their leader just experienced, nor do they understand anything of tactics and so they just begin to slaughter one of the oxens!

Zdalu missing in this round.


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Ah, missed that ZZ. Fear Me! has difficulty modifier of 2 Misfortune Dice


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Then 0 successes :)

The fervour of Khorne pumps through the muscles of the gor and quickly all images of fearsome small human girls vanish from the monster's mind!


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Durn ! :)


Legitimate Sailor...

Seeing Mareike suffer a dire wound, Zadlu calls upon the level gaze of Morr to shield Sigmar's hammer from further harm.

Action is Minor Ward on Marieke. It's got one Misfortune dice mod.
Also declare a reaction for Minor Blessing on Marieke's next attack (extra 1W for the cost of 2 favor.

St:2, To:3, Ag:3, In:3, Wi:5, Fe:4 - Def:0, Soak:1


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Another favour you could do to me is listing your action cards like Mareike did, then I don't have to fetch the cards :) Whoever is responsible for the party sheet - did you note the one friction caused by Mareike's "Fear me"?

Blessing invoked with 2 successes.


Legitimate Sailor...

So that cost 3 favor, leaving Zadlu with 2 remaining.
Marieke adds 1 to Soak; and Minor Ward now has 3 recharge tokens on it.
I'll work on adding the card text to my profile.


That should end round two, Franz will keep his current initiative slot for round three unless someone asks for it.

I'll not put often changed stuff in my profile, too awkward, but I'll put all data needed in each post. That's not a problem since I write my posts in a word processor first then cut and paste.

Status: Pistol loaded but holstered.

St:3, To:3, Ag:4, In:3, Wi:3, Fe:4 -- Def:0, Soak:0, Wound Threshold 12 - Wounds:0, Corruption Threshold 8 - Coruption:0, Fatigue:1,Stress:0 --
Stance:Reckless (1) -- Current Action: None Recharge:0 -- Active Defence: None, Recharge: 0) Other Action : Extreme Shot -- Action Recharge: 0 (This action is my only non-basic action card)


How's the line above, that I shamelessly stole from Mareike? :p


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Will do.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Rd 3

Beastman resolved

Mareike
Fernis
Rangnir
Beastman
Franz
Zadlu

Great!

The gor licks his lips with a large slimy tongue and glares at Mareike - while Mareike's outbreak didn't have much impact, the gor somehow felt embarassed even by her try to threaten him.

The ugly beastman raises his weapon and lets it crash down on the follower of Sigmar.

The attack isn't as strong as the last one but hurts enough 8 damage


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

We still need to settle up on a Party Sheet guys. Which is it? We have 3 friction points and 4 is a number that starts causing a problem on many of them. I need to know so I can let DMZZ know.

"DAMN IT,GIRL, MOVE AWAY!", Fernis shouts a the top of his lungs.


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Mareike matches the Gor glare for glare, a snarl marring her pretty features. Seeing the beast's mighty swing coming, she acutally seems to lean in to the blow, allowing the mail shirt to take the brunt of the impact. A faint glow also appears at the point of impact between Mareike and the gor's weapon.

Turning with the energy of the gor's attack, Mareike spins around and delivers a blow with her axe towards the gor's exposed leg.

At Fernis' shout, Mareike spares him a furious glance then turns her attention back to the Gor.

Action: Melee Attack 3 Blue,1 Red, 1 White(Minor Blessing),1 Black (stress)


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Fernis moves to hammer away at the beast again.

Action:Melee Strike [Recharging Beat Back 2/4, Shield Slam 3/4]
Dice:3 Blue, 1 Grn, 2 Ylw [Forgot I have one for trained]
Active Def:Block


Party card discussion in discussion thread.

On Franz's turn:

Manoeuvre: Ready Weapon: Rapier.

St:3, To:3, Ag:4, In:3, Wi:3, Fe:4 -- Def:0, Soak:0, Wound Threshold 12 - Wounds:0, Corruption Threshold 8 - Coruption:0, Fatigue:1,Stress:0 --
Stance:Reckless (1) -- Current Action: None Recharge:0 -- Active Defence: None, Recharge: 0) Other Action : Extreme Shot -- Action Recharge: 0 (This action is my only non-basic action card)

Status: Pistol loaded but holstered. Rapier drawn.

Franz readies himself for melee combat, knowing that he is underequipped for it.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

@ Mareike: Stress is not connected to physical things like melee strike, ftigue is though.

Mareike's blow is again not well-aimed and she misses the ugly follower of Khorne completely (0 successes, 2 boons).

Fernis' blow is much better, it lacks ultimate power but it hits the gor behind the knee (1 success, 1 boon).

The ungors continue to slaughter the oxens, one of four is already down, while Vern frantically tries to drive them off with his dagger.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

What's with Rangnir?


male Dwarf [ST:3 TO:3 AG:2 INT:4 WIL:4 FEL:3 Wound:14] Apprentice Runesmith [Fatigue:0 Stress: 0 Def:0 Soak: 6 Active Def: Block] {Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

He will still do his best to vanquish the beastman - sad fact is: without rulebook, cards and dice, it is hard for me to participate, so please continue to resolve the battle for me, I will 'rejoin' once I have the rules or we get into 'rules light' territory


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

For Rangnir

The dwarves continue to attack as pair using the tactics they have been taught since birht.

Action: Melee Strike
Dice: 2 Blue, 1 Grn


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Rangnir concentrates and hesitates a moment too long as he strikes (1 delay 0 successes - put two recharge counters on Rangnir's block guard) . He opens himself up and will be unable to get his shield into the right position should the gor retaliate - which is really bad, since the attack was also futile.

Franz decides to use the distraction Rangnir's blow meant and attacks the gor from the side - a hit, but Franz realizes at once that melee fighting is much more exhausting than just pulling the trigger (1 fatigue, 2 banes - gor does not disengage).

The gor just croaks and turns to Rangnir, ready to make use of the dwarf's earlier mistake. But the beastman is wounded now and his movement becomes slower.

----Waiting for Zadlu.


Legitimate Sailor...

Zadlu is unused to combat, but attempts to sway the battle in their favor by shrieking lines of scripture as the beastmen attack - seeking to unbalance them.

Guarded Position
2 recharges left on Minor Ward, 1/5 Favor


Sorry, communication error on my part. I said prepare for melee combat, not do it; I'm not even engaged. I'll be more clear in the future but I intended NO Action just a Manoeuvre.

How do you want me to indicate when I execute an Action and when I don't?


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Ah, sorry, then the beastman just dances around in joy. You don't have to be clearer, was my fault.
The gor, miraculously healed by Khorne :), whirls around and hacks at poor Rangnir, who tries to parry as good as he can. The strike isn't aimed well, but still powerful enough to hurt the dwarf (1 success, 3 banes - you may disengage for free.)

Rd 4

Beastman resolved

Mareike
Fernis
Rangnir
Beastman
Franz
Zadlu


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

The fever of battle upon her, Mareike face splits into a furious grimace as the Gor turns away from her and attacks Ragnir. "Sigmar's fury guide my hand!!" she says through her clenched teeth as she brings her axe down upon the chaos creature.

. Move 1 stance reckless

Main action : Reckless cleave. 3 blue, 2 red, 2 white ( from Favoured by Fate)


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Seeing his ward struck and the beast wounds begin to seal, Fernis shouts,"We are fighting a losing battle here. We must regroup."
Then lashing out with his hammer, Fernis aims for the tip of the Gor's jaw.

Action:Disorienting Strike (2 or more successes equal blinded or exposed for 1 rd. 1 Boon increases duration of effect 1 rd. Bane=-2 DMG)

Dice:3Blue, 1 Grn, 2 Ylw, 1 Wht, 2 Blk

Recharging:
Recharging Shield Bash 4/4, Beat Back 3/4, Disorienting Strike0/2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Sorry, the wounds don't really heal, my comment was just aimed at Franz' not attacking :)


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Whew.... i got worried there for a sec... not that i wasn't already worried :)


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

@Fernis: Why 2 yellow?


I must join the battle now or never.

on Franz's turn:

Franz advances to flank the Gor engaged with the others; he strikes with his rapier.

Move stance to two reckless.
Manoeuvre: Engage Gor. Action: Melee Strike with Rapier: Damage:5, Critical:3, Range:N/A Special: Fast, Actions with this weapon gain - for one boon place one less recharge on card.

St:3, To:3, Ag:4, In:3, Wi:3, Fe:4 -- Def:0, Soak:0, Wound Threshold 12 - Wounds:0, Corruption Threshold 8 - Coruption:0, Fatigue:1,Stress:0 --
Stance:Reckless (2) -- Current Action: Melee Strike Recharge:0 -- Active Defence: None, Recharge: 0) Other Action : Extreme Shot -- Action Recharge: 0 (This action is my only non-basic action card)

Edit: oops forgot dice pool:
1 blue 2 red at least one purple.

Status: Pistol loaded but holstered. Engaged with Gor, attacking with Rapier.

@ZZ - Fernis has expertise in Melee Weapons and used his bounty hunter skill to give him one extra yellow for this encounter on combat and some other rolls.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Ah thx!

This time, Fernis takes his time to aim - like a snake made of quicksilver his arms flashes forward, far too quick for the gor to dodge. Heavily blinded (3 successes, 1 boon, 1 delay - 2 additional counters on this action) the gor stumbles back and croaks loudly.

His defence weakend by the blinding strike, the gor is unable to fend off Mareike and so she hits (1 fatigue, 1 success, 1 boon).

The gor is close to death now, but the power of Khorne is still pulsing through his veins. The ungors, however, decide that with the coming of their leader's death, there is no need to stay. They turn and flee into the woods.

Rangnir cleaves air again, but as Franz decides to enter the fray, hitting the now weak gor is not a great problem (5 successes, 3 banes).

With pierced throat, the gor goes down, his grugling smothered by his own blood.

---------1 Fortune point for the group pool -------------------


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

Bending over, blood and sweat dripping from her face, Mareike heaves huge lungfuls of air into her tired body. She never knew how difficult it would be to fight such a beast, but Sigmar saw them through.

Blessed by our lord, Sigmar she says to herself.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Vern also slumps back to the drover's bench, all colour has fled from his face and both his hands shake

That was one...last week a dozen of these things attacked the manor...


Legitimate Sailor...

Zadlu moves to the gurgling Gor, kneeling beside the beast and laying his hand upon it soothingly "Peace child, it is your time and Morr welcomes you as he does all his children" he maintains his vigil, mumbling words of death and beyond until the gor has passed beyond and left the mortal coil in it's wake.


Franz cleans his blade, then sheaths it firmly. "Thanks to Sigmar indeed for our success. Now we must be away quickly, that horn could be heard for miles and may bring others. Drover, how soon can the dead oxen be freed? Are enough of the rest, alive and well, able to pull this cart to the manor, or need we abandon it and make haste for a place with walls?"

What does the banes do to me?


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :

For a moment, Mareike is outraged by Zadlu's benediction of the beastman, but that passes quickly as all she cares about is that it is dead, what becomes of its soul, if it still had one, she cared not.


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

"Now that is waht I call a spirited fight! Not much a challenge, but still good enough to start the day." Moving to the monster, Fernis looks it over for any possible clues, items of interest, a piece to hack and claim a bounty.

Let me know if you need any dice pools.


male Dwarf [ST:3 TO:3 AG:2 INT:4 WIL:4 FEL:3 Wound:14] Apprentice Runesmith [Fatigue:0 Stress: 0 Def:0 Soak: 6 Active Def: Block] {Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

I have never before seen one of these creatures alive! The guards at the manor must be worthy fighters if the fended off a dozen of these creatures!


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

@ Franz: Nothing, 2 go into the "opponent may disengage for free" line and 1 remaining has no effect.

Fernis is a bit underwhelmed by the beastman's possessions. The crude weapon it has used is far too clumsy for a human and the only valuable thing the monster carried around with it was a necklace made of silver pieces (7) and human ears...You don't know for sure, but you think the mgistrate of Ubersreik pays 20 silver for each killed gor. They take heads as proofs.

The drover slowly regains his composure and begins to free the dead oxen while his colleague leads one of the surviving animals to the second wagon - now both wagons have to be pulled by one of the beasts.

Vern frantically eyes the dark forest

Hurry up...hurry up! Herr Flechter is right, we can't stay here!

Who on which wagon doing what for the rest of the journey?

And grats! You survived your first fight^^


Zealot of Sigmar ( St:3, To:4,Ag:3,In:3, Wi:4,Fe:2 -- Def:1, Soak:2, WT:13,CT:9 -- Wounds:12, Fatigue:0,Stress:0-- Stance:Neutral(0)-- Current Action: Reckless Cleave Recharge:0 Active Defence:Dodge Recharge:0 ) Other Action :
Rangnir Gudrunson wrote:
I have never before seen one of these creatures alive! The guards at the manor must be worthy fighters if the fended off a dozen of these creatures!

I have..... Mareike says biting off saying more as her face floods with emotion. With difficulty she calms her breathing, gives Rangnir a wan smile before marching over to the beastman corpse and tearing one of it's large teeth from its mouth. Wiping it on the grass she then secrets it in her pouch.

Mareike then hops up into her wagon, the second and waits for the journey to continue.


male Dwarf [ST:3 TO:3 AG:2 INT:4 WIL:4 FEL:3 Wound:14] Apprentice Runesmith [Fatigue:0 Stress: 0 Def:0 Soak: 6 Active Def: Block] {Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

This marks probably the first time, Rangnir keeps an eye on Mareike for more then a few seconds...


Franz goes back to the place he was on the wagon and asks the drover, "Is my weight enough to slow this wagon down, otherwise I'll walk, if it would make our arrival sooner?" A horse cart might out-pace a walking man but an ox-cart never.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

The drover arches an eyebrow

If someone would push...

Vern gives a weak grin andjumps off the cart

Yeah...Herr Gudrunson...would you like to join me? You looked as useless in battle as I did.


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Fernis removes the beastman's head and tosses it in a burlap sack in the wagon. looking to his travelling companions he shrugs and says,{b]"How else are ta be getting paid?"[/b] With that he takes up his gear and again moves to the his position in the marching order.

Party Sheet 3 Tension/1 Fortune


Franz nods to the drover and joins Vern in the road. He'll do anything to help get the party moving as quick as possible.


Legitimate Sailor...

After the gor has passed from this world, it's corpse is little more than meat - so Zadlu has no concerns with it's desecration. Absentmindedly wiping bloodstained hands upon his clothes, he returns to his previous seat in the rear wagon.

Unless I'm mistaken, favor will build back up to 5/5 now?


Male Dwarf [St:4 To:4 Ag:3 Int:3 Wil:3 Fel:2 Wound:15] Bounty Hunter [Fatigue:0 Stress:0] [Def:1 Soak 9] [Active Def: Imp. Block]:{Party Sheet:Glory Hounds [][][][][][][][]}

Looking to the dwarf he has been oathbound to defend, Fernis says,"Good combat, boy. The beast out here can be tougher than the wee grobi near your home karak. My family came from the Black Mountains and it was no uncommon event ta run inta one of their hunting parties. These beast are called Gor. Nasty, mean devils intent on destroying everything about 'em. The smaller ones 'ill follow 'is lead an' turn tail when he goes down. Much like many of them greenskins."

Looking to the humans he addresses them in the Reiksspiel,"Ya did fine job out there, lass, nearly made that thing soil itself for moment, hahahahahaha."

151 to 200 of 1,468 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Ruin All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.