Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


7,101 to 7,142 of 7,142 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree nods and begins to make her way back to their quarters.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter likewise silently falls into step.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Once back in the relative privacy of their quarters Kabal found a seat and leaned back with his hands behind his head.

Well, this is what we've been waiting for. We're going in blind but we'll still get to kill drow.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"And what could be more righteous?" Winter finally breaks his silence.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree looks at Kabal, "I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal shook his head and grimaced.

Bah! Dont be worrying your pretty little head over me. Aint nothing but my pride hurt lass. All this cowtowing has me on edge and ready to burst. Gonna need a few stiff drinks and at least a week of carousing when this all said and done.

Sitting up straight the dour man continued.

So whats the play? And how soon can we get started?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree reaches up to twirl a braid that isn't suppose to be there in this form, and so settles for crossing her arms under her breasts and fidgeting with her blades. "Well, if it's any condolence, hitting your face nearly broke my hand. Like hitting a brick wall."


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal arched an eyebrow that felt way too thin at Bree.

That's the same damn thing that Corvax used to say...

Dark thoughts flooded his mind and he wondered once again what had happened to his shield mate... i'd sure as hell feel better if he was here right now... bloody, sackless milk drinker... you better be dead pal... its the only excuse i'll accept... The ex mercenary shook his head and tried to lighten the foul mood that was threatening to send him off in a blind, murderous rage.

Hah! But if that's the case then I bet Cat's foot is damn near crushed.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree looks mildly uncomfortable and unsure of what to say as Kabal reminisces over his missing friend. Then, when he mentions Cat's foot, and Bree recalls exactly where Cat kicked him, it feels like her face flushes red but she manages to chuckle, wondering if it can be seen through Drow skin.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine smirks slightly, but the only response she gives is that she does not limp.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"Well as awkward and sentimental as this is, we do have to figure out what we're going to do. Kabal is right, we have to figure out how we're going to handle this. We're going to need to ask questions, but also be careful who we ask. If anybody has any suggestions, now is the time."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"I suggest we start with carefully questioning our ever helpful chauffeur."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine sighs and nods "Aye, seems the only likely way we're going to get information without looking like complete idiots... but even then, he's sure to know that we're not quite exactly what we're pretending to be." pursing lips and musing "Maybe we could snag one of the slaves off the street and beat a few things out of it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"What about the slave Sable just bought? He's not Drow, but he might know something."


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal stretched tense muscles and felt a little disoriented in his new body.

Or we show up where and when we're supposed to and just kill everyone we see.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Which would be ideal, but we need to know more about who is who if we're to make it look like it wasn't an assassination by hired hands but a meeting gone terribly wrong."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"I confess wanting to learn more of what the lizard has gleaned in his stay here."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"We walk out of here without more of an idea of the powers here and we could quickly end up in trouble. We can use Sable's pet if that's what people think best."


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

With a shake of his white haired head Kabal rose from his seat.

The lizard man? That thing has been locked in a cage. It wont know squat about the inner workings of this city. Best we pound sand and take a look at the lay of the land. We dont have much time.


Uh, that doesn't sound like a decision was made yet?!

But yeah, those 2 options were the ones I expected ;)


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"It might, we don't know where it was before that cage, and slaves talk amongst themselves... But, if it is what you think is best, let's get going. Of course, we could just as easily do both. He is Sable's property now, he could accompany us as we 'pound sand'."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Might come in handy for a lot of things, may as well pound sand with him along"

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/7

"Then let us grab my lizard and pound sand... Certainly doesn't sound like a euphemism for slavery and assassination." Sable sighs and laughs.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal frowned as his naturally suspicious nature had him thinking the others were clerly making fun of him but he didnt care.

Good, we're in agreement. Hope you have a leash for lizard boy.

Crossing his arms across his chest the warrior tried to recall the details of their assignment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7
Kabal Breven wrote:
Kabal frowned as his naturally suspicious nature had him thinking the others were clerly making fun of him but he didnt care.

Who us? Never! We all just really like to pound sand!

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"He has, presumably, been caged long enough. I will follow whatever etiquette I must to keep up appearances, but I will not clip the wings of anyone. Let us ask our too-helpful guide to take us to him, bring the lizardman along, and then get out into the city. We have a lot to figure out about the particulars of this situation."


As you open the door to ask for Gadak, the coach dirver already waits for you, leaning at the wall opposite your door

Finally...thought you would be in there for ages. The Lady of the Blades asked me to help you in any way...

the drow says with a sly smile.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"I'm either really starting to like you... or loathe you. I have not decided which. We have matters to attend to. I want my property in attendance with us so that we are not merely seen as common-folk. Would you be so kind as to escort me there to retrieve it or to send it here?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"I kind of like him," Bree says out of nowhere and with no further explanation.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal didn't like their guide and spit to the ground in silent protest. He had learned his lesson as to how much trouble his uncouth mouth would get him into in this dark cesspool.


Gadak grins

No need for you to go yourself, I will fetch your property.

he says, leaves and returns only some minutes later with the troglodyte. A thick chain has been wrapped around his neck whose end is wrapped around Gadak's wrist

I didn't punish the stupid lizard, because I didn't want to damage your property, but the thing is really stubborn and I think deserves a nice flaying.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"It is fortunate for you that you chose not to sully what is mine. Your mistress was right to use your talents for guiding, not thinking."

Sable holds out her hand for the chain. He speaks to the trog, hissing his inquiry to seem like a threat to those who do not speak the tongue.

Draconic:
"What are you called?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Sable also extends his emphatic link to his poor companion trapped in the satchel on his side, checking on Korax.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Nodding in surprised agreement with Gadak; Kabal was reassured that the thing was chained... it aint been but a week or so since we're having to cut down lizard men like that... damn scaly skin gives me the creeps... figures Sable would take a liking to it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter watches the scene unfolding, "Time to pound sand and begin gathering our information"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree eyes Sable's slave warily and keeps her distance from him. She can't help but to hope, nonetheless, that he might be the key to lead them to her brother.


Even though the trog is not using its innate ability to emit that strange acidic odour that comes from kind of glands underneath the scales, the creature still stinks horribly and Gadak looks quite relieved to hand the chain over

Ah well, of yourse you're right, never would I dare to tell you how to handle your porperty. he gives a low bow and steps back...and looks astonishingly sincerely while doing that.

Korax is alright, though he misses the open sky already.

The troglodyte, a pretty impressive specimen with a height of more than 6 feet and weighing surely more than 180 pounds, utters three quick hisses which, to the proficient listener, make a rather long statement.

Draconic:

I'm Xyzziar - a name that is hard to translate into the drow tongue, but is close to Night Creeper. I once was the chieftain of a village of my folk before we were enslaved.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

As Sable speaks, he casts an eye towards Gadak to see if their guide understands the trog's words.

Sable's nose wrinkles a bit, but she does not break form.

Draconic:
"Xyzziar, Night Creeper. I am Sable. I have no intention of harming you, but for the sake of appearance I must hold your chains."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Gadak, we require your services as a guide. You will show us to the residence of Verazzor Zarazzin. You will take us through a discrete route, and will point out the mansion from a distance. You will answer any of our questions, and you will speak to no one of this matter."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter just continues to look on and play his role, frustrated at the charade, but happy it appears to be working.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal followed Winter's lead. His mouth had gotten him into enough trouble already so he kept it shut. He'd vent went he had steel bared and enemies before him.


The trog cocks his head slightly and hisses something in return

Draconic:

What kind of game is this? The drow don't no mercy, why should you be sorry for pulling at my chains? Why would you not revel in hurting me?

Gadak does not show any signs of understanding.

Gadak tries his best to imitate a genuine smile, but fails

As you command.

He pushes the door open and leads you into the wide courtyard. Purple lightning flicker at the ceiling of the cave and Gadak grunts as if he wasn't happy about the sight

The air is tense, full of magic...not a good night to hunt.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Draconic:
"I am like no drow you have encountered."

"Come along, Night Creeper." Sable says to the trog. Turning towards Gadak, "Is there some event transpiring this event we were not made aware of? It may not be a good night, but we have our instructions."

7,101 to 7,142 of 7,142 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.