Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


4,751 to 4,800 of 7,148 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"You really think it's gone? You want me to go get it?"

Bree stands and begins taking her clothes off, starting with her boots. "Turn around then, I'll go get it, you've said yourself you haven't had much practice swimming. Maybe you or Sable can make a light or something to help me see down there easier?"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Seeing Bree prepare to take a dive, Caterine's brow furrows in thought a moment before she moves to assist... in her own way. Moving to one of the drow corpses that have by now been stripped of gear - she drags it towards the cave's entrance. She rigs her whip around the dead drow's neck and open's it's belly with a knife. Looking up at the others she just shrugs and smiles "Early warning system"

Plan is to kick the dead drow over the side just before Bree goes in and keep it held by the whip.
Hopefully the blood from it's gullet and movement of Cat jerking it around a bit in the water will serve as a partial distraction to whatever might come trying to munch on Bree.
If the drow-bait gets taken, then Bree will hopefully get a bit more time to get out of the water.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Let's just hope the fresh blood doesn't attract more unwanted attention ;)


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian casts Light on a large stone and tosses it into the water near where he saw the dropped weapon sink away to the depths. "That should give us a gauge of the depth and give you a look about down there."

He picks up another large stone, "Take this on the way down, to get there quicker. Perhaps another can light it up also. Releasing your breath slowly should help relieve the squeeze of the deep water as you go down. If we have enough rope, you should take an end and either tie it to you or the weapon." Inspire Competence +2 swim check. 6/13 rounds left.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree smiles and nods her understanding of Sebastian's advice, "I've got a bit of rope here, it's not much. Thanks for the light, as well."

She hands Sebastian her length of rope. She's carefully laying her knives out, all except for the one strapped to her calf. For the first time everyone is able to see just how many knives this woman keeps on her body. She strips down to her under garments and stands with her arms across her chest, not in the way that indicates she's reaching for blades, but in a way that shows her modesty. She waits to see if anyone else produces more rope, and if Winter is able to make the second rock glow.

Sable's out of town, but I looked briefly at his list, I don't think he has anything that would work. Also, how long does Sebastian's bonus last for?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

I have plenty of rope and will hold the other end. You tug twice or it goes slack more then a few seconds and I'll haul you in lass.

Kabal will get his rope out his pack and cinch it tight with Bree's.

Dont dally.


Omg, you make things 1000% safe, eh?

As the preparations amount to a degree a well-made battleplan could never reach, Bree finally drops into the water to check the depths...Sorry I had to :)

The glowing stone sinks far less deep than you would have expected, only about 10m. The black lava-esque walls of the cave make the water appear much deeper than it really is and so the very well prepared dive is no problem for the trained swimmer. Bree finds the warhammer after some moments of orientation and drags the heavy wepaon back up with her - it's a catch!

Meanwhile Sebastian has pillaged the room of Shiindira and Depora and has found several interesting pieces of loot under two modest beds and in a wardrobe and a drawer cabinet.

Loot List:

Magic:
Warhammer
Flail
Rapier
Wand (32 charges)
2 scrolls
Banded Mail
Heavy steel shield
cloak
120 bolts
chain shirt
two pruple potions
three light-blue potions
five green potions
1 rose potion

Other:
12 MWK Rapiers
silver circlet
12 MWK Hand Crossbows
2150 gp
MWK Carpenter tools
MWK tailor tools
4 bottles 4663 vintage wine from Terverius Wineries
53 pounds Noqual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
silver scrolltube (containing maps of Riddleport, Celwynvian and Devil's Elbow)
3 journals

lots of loot!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Gods be damned how are we going to carry all of this!


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Zyren:
A thought hath occurred to me - with Croat gone and Aron dead... who is in charge of that group?

With a wry smile Cat replies "We'll find a way Kabal... we'll find a way"

In need of Spellcraft checks - stat! :)


Cat:

Most probably the pirate who steps up and isn't challenged by the rest :)

Mercus looks through the impressive amount of loot and picks some things for him

Oi, someone minding me taking a rapier and one of these crossbows?

he hasn't replied to what you've said about Aron and you guess it will occupy the boy's mind for more than one night...


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal eyed the pile of loot as well. Wondering what, if anything would be useful to him. HE'd let the others pick first as he'd gotten a couple of things already during their adventure.

Go on Mercus. Make sure you get plenty of bolts for that crossbow. Here let me show you had to check the bowstring. First always make the stock isnt cracked or splintered anywhere...

He'll continue giving the boy a rundown on crossbow care and if theres time move on to how to use the rapier


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Spellcraft ID Warhammer -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Spellcraft ID Flail -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Spellcraft ID Rapier -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Spellcraft ID Wand (32 charges) -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Spellcraft ID 1st scroll -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft ID 2nd scroll -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Spellcraft ID Banded Mail -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Spellcraft ID Heavy steel shield -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Spellcraft ID cloak -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Spellcraft ID 120 bolts -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft ID chain shirt -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Spellcraft ID two pruple potions -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Spellcraft ID three light-blue potions -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Spellcraft ID five green potions -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Spellcraft ID 1 rose potion -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Sebastian gives the items a quick once over, but forgets all that and settles in on Shiindirae's bedroll for a good read once he comes upon the journals. He will initially flip quick to get the gist of each.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Warhammer +1
Flail +1
Rapier unknown
Wand of cure light wounds (32 charges)
Scroll of water walking
Scroll of charm monster
Banded Mail +1
Shield unknown
Cloak of resistance +1
120 bolts +1
Chain Shirt +1
2 pruple potions of lesser restoration
3 light blue potions of remove paralysis
5 green potions of cure moderate wounds
1 rose potion of neutralize poison

A quick investigation of the books unearthes the following:

The first one is a book called Tsalkeans Bestiary a compendium of oozes and aberrations which grants a +2 competence bonus on knowledge dungeoneering checks related to such creatures.

The second one is Thoughts on Varisian Customs, a nice small book about Varisian history, its people and their customs.

The third one is Shiindira's journal written in Undercommon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

He tucks the first two books away, but with the third he comes out to find Cat, "Did I understand it right that you could talk to those Drow?..or where those just creative cursing?...No question how that came to be, if you can understand them, but can you make any sense of this? Can't tell if its a language or a code?" Sebastian holds Shiindira's journal out to Cat.

"If you can read it, I wouldn't mind spending some time with you, just the two of us...that dialect sounds like something one needs time to wrap one's tongue around...um, I mean...if its hard then we should...um, no, not what I meant, not what I meant at all,...you know? Maybe I should just look over your shoulder as you read it...from an appropriate distance. Sebastian's cheeks are a dusky color as he passes over the book.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree stands off to the side, shivering as she lets her under garments dry before redressing. In a teeth-chattering voice, "I could use the wand. I know how to make magic things work."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"You could also use some clothes. Let's see...I can help this... He reaches out toward Bree, perhaps to touch, his hand kind of following her curves...but at a look from her he pulls it back. Instead he turns and grabs the Drow cloak. "I can't dry you, but I could warm your...um, lady garments, but perhaps this will be better." He mutters some arcane words and then tosses her the cloak. As she catches it, she can feel warmth radiating from it.

Casts Prestidigitation on cloak to warm it for an hour.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

lmfao no touchie, I keeeelll you.

Still offering him a wary look, Bree wraps the cloak around herself, "Thank you."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Caterine Gabor wrote:
With a wry smile Cat replies "We'll find a way Kabal... we'll find a way"

"I think that problem will be taken care of." Whilst the others gather up the loot, Winter politely asks the other pirates to gather the wounded in close, and quickly now as he wants to administer healing. He's actually looking to gather them up, the party can see another sermon coming...


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal nodded at both Cat and Winter and pulled two empty sacks from his kit. He'll stuff whatever Sebastian says is the most valuable in before anything else and after theyd spread the stuff they can immediately use.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Before the group is gathered and loot disseminated, while Sebastian is taking a short lie down to read and Bree is regarbing once dry... Caterine calls Kabal and Winter over for a conspiratorial discussion out of the range of piratical ears "Croat's gone, Aron's dead... the pirates I came here with... they're soon going to get to wondering who's in charge of them." turning to Winter specifically she cracks a smirk and continues "Do you feel like expanding your flock good preacher? All we need do is put forward a man or woman to lead and back them with enough force to make it stick... I'd suggest we look to Sven for that task."

To Sebastian Caterine stifles a chuckle at his stumbling over double entendres and affirms "Aye, I've a touch with the dark tongue." taking the book from him and maneuvering subtly to where the bard is left with but a wall to his back. Opening the book and flicking through a few pages she leans back into Sebastian - trapping him between her body and the wall as she points out a particular verse to him over her shoulder "Let's see what we can make of it... though I can teach you a few of the filthier words as well if you care for it... you wouldn't believe the precision they have for describing... certain acts of a carnal nature" turning to face the rugged Taldan and pausing to see his reaction as she playfully bites upon her lip.

Zyren - are we going to be able to get things made from the noqual? and if so, how would you like to handle the costs thereof? and does 5lb of noqual = a 5lb item made of same?

Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 if needed


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Oh, how many Pirates were left around? Winter really means gather ALL of them that are in the caves, he has an address in mind...


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Not precise on numbers - but we've got some of the pirates back at our re-claimed ship as well.


Regarding Noqual:

Noqual weighs half as much as iron, so for a weapon or armour made of noqual you only need half as much of it.
All objects made of noqual have a +4 bonus on any saving throw against magical sources.
Creating a magic item that contains Noqual is much more difficult and increases the price of the item by 5k gp.
Noqual weapons deal an additional 1pt of damage against undead and constructs (enhancement bonus).
Noqual armour is always considered one category lighter (OMG). Light armour stays light.
The armours max. dexterity bonus is increased by 2 and armour check penalties are lessened by 3. Arcane spell failure rises by 20% due to the anti-magic nature of Noqual.
The wearer of a Noqual-armour gains a bonus of 2 on any saves vs. spells or spell-like abilities.
Noqual items have 30hp per inch of thickness and hardness 10.

wow

I'd recommend you read the journal on the journey back, k?

There are only two pirates left in the cave, most probably the others are waiting at the camp


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter is very quiet as he assists with cleaning up the aftermath of the battle. He treats what’s left of the Drow fallen with at least basic respect, but the Pirate fallen he treats with great care.

The walk back to the ship finds him still sombre and maintaining his silence, however on reaching the boat he gathers the Pirate crew around... Winter begins to glow with a golden radiance that washes over the assembled crew, the light is warm and comforting as a Summers day...

”Before I left this ship last, I spoke to those upon it of decency, of respect, of a chance to begin anew and fight for something worth fighting for. What matters most in life is not to be found at the bottom of your purse is not real wealth, sure you may buy yourselves an hour of happiness in a mug or the arms of a strumpet, and maybe for a while that will be enough for you, however in the end you will find that nagging in your heart as you ask yourself just what sort of a man you have become, and where did all the dreams go?”

”It amazes me that when we went into the face of Evil to confront the great threat we found not only the Darkness, but also the Light. How can that be I hear you ask, well let me tell you... within the cave we found this gallant group holed up, stalwartly defending the line against the darkest beings from the blackest pits of Hell!” Winter waves towards the surviving Pirates from the Caves.

”These men are not shining Cavaliers, they are not the stalwart Paladins in service of Iomedae carrying out their just crusade against Evil, no they were normal everyday men like you, and they were led by none other than Mr Croat, a man also not known widely for his stance on taking the battle to Evils doorstep.”

”I tell you all that the battles fought down there were terrible and bloody, against foul hearted fiends, truly terrifying entities who seek nothing less that the full damnation and destruction of us all, they are responsible for the foul luck befallen Riddleport and the destructive forces brought to bear upon it. They would see you and all you love and hold dear floating into the Harbour with the life smashed from your bodies with terrible blows of hatred”

”This is why Mr Croat woke up. I had long been entreating him to listen to that gentle nagging in his heart and see the great evils for what they were, to put aside the aside and the petty and use his strength and position for positive change, to legitimise his business and turn an honest coin. I sought salvation for the man that you could all sleep a sound sleep at night knowing your trade was now mostly decent. I am not so naive a fool as to believe that all the deeds you did would be just an noble, but I did hold my heart in hope that just perhaps there would be a redress of the imbalance, at least a grudging step towards the light... perhaps if just one soul was lightened my labours would have been worth it”

”Perhaps this is why Croat finally listened, perhaps this is why he realised that things had now escalated to become a great threat and that as a man he was compelled to strike out and face the Demons, perhaps he wanted to ensure that no Riddleport citizen need sleep in fear of the Darkness whilst blood flowed in his capable veins? Perhaps this is why he paid the ultimate sacrifice? Perhaps this is what similarly drove Aron, a man who sought to have me assassinated, that man saw the dire predicament we faced and sacrificed himself that our venture might rise victorious and Riddleport be given at least a short reprieve. Their heroic sacrifice was both noble and fortuitous, for their actions tipped the scales in the favour of light and it carried the day, we are indebted to those martyrs, and the Bards shall sing their song for endless nights in the Riddleport taverns”

”So where does that leave you?” he asks poignantly.

”Free men. Just like you were yesterday. Except this day you now know things you can never un-know. You can never walk around Riddleport as though this never happened for your eyes have been opened to what is at stake and the great need for the every-day-man to stand tall, stand up and be counted. You cannot pretend to be a sheep again and pretend all is safe when you know the sorts of wolves that now beset your door. You now have a choice, a moral duty to yourselves to return as different men, every one of you now a hero, every one of you a decent champion of justice. Sven is a man who has show both great courage, and enormous moral fortitude, perhaps you could all look to him as a man of influence, should there be any desire to continue on as a group, I can only give you my counsel to follow this man into the Light, do what you can to turn an honest trade, and be the custodians of Riddleports people”

Winter picks up three of the rapiers and holds them forward with significance.

”These are the weapons of our foes, they sought to harm us with them. I say their weapons are become ours and we will turn the blades back upon them.”

”With this one I honour Croat, lost to us this day, a Hero and martyr”

Winter tosses the sword into the sea.

”With this one I honour Aron, he gave up his life freely to save another, a Hero and a martyr”

Winter tosses the second sword into the sea.

”And this one Sven, I extend to you. Do you have the courage and moral fortitude to take it, and to lead your men with honour?”

Winter offers the sword to Sven with a stern gaze, one that bores into his soul.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Wrote this in a rush, please forgive any grammatical error! :p


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine stands off Winter's shoulder at a respectful distance, giving the Stag Lord's chosen some room to work. She adopts a neutral and solemn expression as he appeals to the better nature of the men... up until the end. As Winter throws away well made and valuable steel she winces slightly, before turning her head to meet gazes with Bree. She then raises an eyebrow and almost imperceptibly jerks her head towards the water where the rapiers have sunk... as though suggesting a repeat performance...


The surviving pirates from the cave shuffle with their feet and one even blushes as Winter praises their courage, only Mercus grins and seems to revel in this new-found glory, his expression only darkens when Winter mentions Aron.

After Winter has finished there is a short moment of awed silence, which would probably have extended till the end of days hadn't Sven finally answered Winter's call

I, Sven Jokulhert, scourge of the seas and slayer of many a man, pledge on this day that I will become a better man. Will not steal again, not rape, not humiliate, not murder, but help those in need of help and become a just and lawful man.

the sincerity in his voice is surprising and the man appears to have grown at least three inches. And instead of cheering, yelling or whistling, the pirates only nod solemnly and quietly mumble that they want to do the same.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Then this blade is yours, and you will bear it forward as a reminder of this day, and a reminder of the oath you freely took here in front of us today. May Erastil send his messenger Blackfeather to watch over you always and keep you protected from those that would do you harm. May he fill your heart with the strength of the Great White Stag, and may others follow in your shining example"

He hands the man the blade, and then steps aside to let the fellow have his moment in the sun.

Once things calm down...

"Before we leave, I must quickly say farewell to the unrestful dead. I also wonder if we need to look for any more of this Noqual, and what is to be done about the Akata plague? Do we need to reprovision and then return quickly and clear them out?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal grimaced as Winter began his 'Sermon on the Deck' and wished dearly that Bree would take Cat's cue and go swimming again...id have never thought that wet, white linen could be so enticing... It wasnt that he doubted the priest's sincerity. Not at all. It was the flock's. He was sure that those men would have readily murdered babies if thats what Winter told them to do. These kind of men followed any who would lead and wherever they would lead. They just got lucky this time it was a noble man.

I thought about clearing out the akatas as well. As long as no one takes any back to Riddleport then it should be fine, right? But then again, someone already had that plan and she got away. Something is going to have to be done so those things dont hit mainland.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Then perhaps it is time to rid the farm of the plague of vermin Kabal, we can clear the place."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Tapping the retrieved journal Cat pipes up "Let's at least give me a night to try and ken what I can of what she was here for... might give some insights on the little blighters as well."


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Sounds good to me. We shake out that loot and stow the rest and then lets clean up this mess. Who knows? Maybe we'll run into that damn drow again.


Just in case if you forgot: The akatas can't cross salt water.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

I think we're more worried someone might transport a few of them over on a boat!


Who could be so idiotic? Oh wait, here he comes!

Suddenly a coarse bass voice disrupts the solemn atmosphere: Clegg Zincher claps his hands and bellows from the rocky cliffs

Ahoy you there! Don't you worry about the noqual, it's already safely secured!

Riddleport's now no. 1 crime lord is accompanied by a large group of men, among them a considerable amount of Gendarmes...


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree looks down over the ships edge in the direction that Winter tossed the swords. To Cat she asks, "About how deep is that do you suppose?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Well Ill be damned. Look what the akatas dragged in.

Kabal spit over the side of the ship and squinted up at the crime boss trying to guage his numbers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

@earlier with Cat

Squeezed as he was against the wall, Sebastian couldn't deny that it wasn't pleasant, it just wasn't....right. He has pledged himself in a way to another...but it was nice...but no.

He tries to delicately pull himself free, and exasperatedly explains, "Vocabulary lessons would be most welcome, but lessons of other kinds...while not necessary...unless we are talking some really weird stuff....no, I mean, an explanation of Drow manners would be interesting..as a cultural study, but not an actual lesson in, well...I do have a girlfriend back home, did you know that? Samaritha, you would like her...no, no, no, I meant Lara. You would like Lara. Well, you would like Samaritha too, a lovely girl..what am I saying? you have met Samaritha...yes, the two of you are quite lovely, and the two of you together...well...I have a girl and I should go now." Finally freeing himself Sebastian takes one step to the side, just near the edge of the cave passage above the cold water. Finding himself where he would have to squeeze against her again to actually get by, and her standing there smiling and making no offer to budge, he pauses, shaking his head with a slight smile on his face, he removes his satchel of books and then deftly steps off the edge dropping into the cold, mind-clearing chill of the water.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Earlier with Sebastian:

Caterine initially takes much mirth at the sign of Sebastian squirm, but rolls her eyes as the rugged Taldan takes a bath of his own making. Closing the journal and putting it away Caterine stands over him "Ye're daft... did ye know that?" before leaning down to lend her strength to pulling him out of the frigid waters. She then sets his mind at ease "Don't worry yourself Master Sebastian... I'm much more interested in what's in your head than..." pausing and pointing downwards towards the nethers.

Present Time:

Caterine's muscles tighten at the sight of Clegg... and she quickly scans his group and her own to get a re-affirmation of the numbers in the fray. She then stands ready with her arms crossed 'pon her breast... careful to not seem either weak or agressive.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Hey Clegg! What took you so long? You see any of them big cats on your way here?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree glances up at Clegg and contemplates whether she should bother to tell him what further she may have learned about Brandon's whereabouts. He seemed to care about Brandon a little, perhaps if he has a lead he'll help look for him. She also wonders how much, if any of the noqual he'll be giving back to her group after he takes his "payment for securing it", as she is sure he will stake a claim too.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Ahhh the miracles will never cease. I call to Erastil to aid us in the fight against evil and we are sent men who's very hearts transformed to goodness and light to aid us in our hour of need, no sooner have I asked for a solution to the Akata conundrum than you are miraculously delivered to us at the exact moment the questions begin to leave my lips, ahh how He operates in mysterious ways, here you are, carrying out the will of Erastil again Mr Zincher, I am starting to believe my ministrations for the salvation of your soul are beginning to show!"

"So Mr Zincher, what now? You obviously had some thoughts in mind that you have put into action, perhaps you could share with us your views?"


Kingpin Zincher smiles the broadest smile from here to Caliphas and back as he spreads his arms wide

All these brave men have accompanied me to this most bedamned of islands just to help you and your band, Winter. I never ever leave my partners behind and so I thought it was time to look if verything's ok with you. Oh, I forgot one detail - all these men have accompanied the new Overlord of Riddleport to this most wretched isle, hah!

The men (at least about 50) cheer and raise their cutlasses and sabres.

But as it looks like, we are too late, you already arranged yourself a passage home, huh? A new ship...a very famous new ship...May I ask where Capt. Grudge is?

Then he turns to Kabal

Oh those blue lion things? All we have found are safely put in cages and now already on their way to city...they will make nice surprises in one of my arenas - who has ever seen blue lions, I ask you, heh!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Oh feck man! Are you mad?! You realize what they do to once they bite something right? You are about to unleash a plague of zombies on Riddleport bub...

Kabal spit again over the gunwhale.

... and as for your Captain. We fed his headless corpse to the fishes after him and his crew tried to make a meal out of us.


Heh!

Zincher laughs out loud and resoundingly

He surely was not MY captain, actually I'm pretty happy that he's dead - hope you know that there is a bounty waiting for you in Riddleport. Shackles pirates aren't very welcome in the Gulf, heh!

then he becomes a bit more sincere

I have seen what these things can do, that's why I have brought some Cyphermages with me. They guaranteed that my precious cargo will reach Riddleport without problems.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I am not so sure you want those Lions as arena pets, they have a few strange habits I am fairly certain you will not like...perhaps we could talk about it privately?"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bounty huh? A hefty one? Ah hells, we shouldve killed all of them damn pirates.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian slowly shakes his head. In is best professorial voice, "Those will be truly dangerous games. Anyone bit will need to be checked for disease. Anyone killed, will need to be burned...quickly. And for the Akatas themselves, as long as you regularly immerse them in salt water baths, you might be safe. That would be the only means to see that the contagion is controlled, the salt purifies them. The akatas will hate it, but it what's best for them. Best to get them all at once and get it over with or they will caterwaul for hours."

Bluff -> 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19


Is that true? Zincher seems to find that procedure a bit weird, but nonetheless he trusts your judgement I'll advise the Cyphermages to do as you just told me.

then the big man turns to Winter again Guess that's that then, huh? Now, do you wanna come down or shall I come up to you and inspect your new vessel? OH, I just heard Croat has left the face of Golarion to fest with his orcish ancestors?

laughter rolls through the rows of his men, the love for Croat is unsurprisingly...non-existent...


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree is somehow absurdly amused to know that there is a bounty out on her. This doesn't distract her from wondering if it's Clegg's intention to off her and her group... perhaps even to collect that bounty he spoke of. She quietly says to the group, "If there is a bounty on us, Clegg is seeing gold, not friends or allies when he looks at us."


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian whispers back, "I knows its weird to hear it coming from him, but I think he is telling us that we are getting money for killing the pirates...although he probably is used to paying people after others unexpectedly die."

4,751 to 4,800 of 7,148 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.