Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


4,651 to 4,700 of 7,148 << first < prev | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R12

Winter keeps pushing through - AJ11

He then attacks Kabals target, seeking to concentrate force and kill the drow one by one as fast as possible.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6

Kind of stuck up here, Kabal and I have this covered at the moment if the rest can Free Willy!


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Hearing a roar and a scream, Sebastian moves up and sees the beast and Cat in trouble. To help her escape. he attempts to blind the creature and figures to add a Drow in for good measure.

Move to AD-16 and casts Glitterdust on Whale and Northern Drow, 10'radius on SW corner of Orca. DC 15 will save or be blinded (no SR), can make subsequent saves at the END of their turns...and anyone invisible out there on the water is visible.

He calls out to Sable, "Cat's in trouble. I will try to use that Animate Rope scroll to use her whips to save her if you don't beat me to it."

I couldn't pull the scroll out, move to see her and cast, Sable probably can't either. So I did what I could in a single round.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Fingers crossed :)
I probably wouldn't have attempted the jump if I'd known it would have been right over the bubbling water - but cest la vie. I thought 'next to the pier' would have had the danger zone a little further south.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

I would like to run to AA13 (or preferably AA12 but not sure if she can occupy that space), jump to the small island at AA12 (or wherever she can land on it), run to the other end and jump from AB10 to the next island and then run to where Cat is in the water so that I can drag her out. What rolls and how many rounds will I need to accomplish this?


Drow Will save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Orca Will save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

The drow soldier just grins and welcomes the glittering rain with a hissed curse, the whale obviously hasn't even noticed it.

The two dark elves also concentrate their fighting, now that one of them is pressured ever more. They both turn to Winter, sneering...

Bree manages the small jump over to the tiny island and gets ready to take the larger one - however, her movement has attracted the orca and like a black arrow the whale speeds over to her and throws itself half on the small island

Orca attacking Bree/Bite1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 3) + 12 = 21

used to hunting sea lions that way, it's no problem for the whale to nearly rip her leg off.

Sable missing in 12.

Rd13:

Kabal
Sable
Drow
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Orca
Bree

Battle Mat


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was eager to test his strength against the monster that had erupted from the water but he was practical at heart and the threat in front of him had to be dealt with first. He drew back and chopped hard at the drow.

Power Attack AJ-13: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

On the upside, at least it spat out Cat!


Kabal just beats the drow's slender weapon aside and buries his falcata in his opponent's now exposed chest...one more killed by the giant man and his wicked weapon...Depora has seen enough of her men die and decides to enter the fray

Time you meet a worthy foe, meatball!

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Rd12 was moving and wand charge

RD13

Sable moves behind Sebastian and fires his crossbow at the whale. "Sebastian, it might be looking this way next, be prepared to fly."

Move to AD18
Mwk Lt Crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 7

34 bolts remaining

"Then again, perhaps not."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Why would it have left one meal to chase after another?
HP 10/31

Bree screams out in agony before loosing the bolt of her crossbow in the creatures huge eye.

Crossbow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7
Bree Longfield wrote:
Why would it have left one meal to chase after another?

DM Fiat to stop the orca from killing Cat is really the only explanation.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter status:
AC 23
AC 24 V Depora
HP 26/37


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8
Caterine Gabor wrote:
Bree Longfield wrote:
Why would it have left one meal to chase after another?
DM Fiat to stop the orca from killing Cat is really the only explanation.

Lol, or to punish Bree for interfering lmao


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I read an article in Daily Mail about orca killing behaviour and found that they sometimes drag several seals / wash them from floes by waves / into the water before drowning them one after another - so, let Willy just do his job, kay? :)

The drow soldier in front of Kabal goes down with a gurgle - but suddenly there is Depora behind Winter - her red eyes twinkle with bloodlust and she swings a large mace high above her head

Depora attacking Winter / Mace1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The weapon comes down like a comet bus misses Winter by some inches.

Drow attacking Kabal / Rapier1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

On the other side, the drow had aimed better and uses Winter's distraction for a clean thrust.

Suddenly there is movement next to the orca, Aron has thrown himself onto the back of the whale - grabbing its back fin with his large pan-like hands!

Rd13:

Kabal (resolved)
Sable (resolved)
Drow (resolved)
Aron (resolved)
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Orca
Bree

Battle Mat


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

That's kinda awesome, but no, I won't just let the orca do it's job, I'm going to do everything in my power to severely damage and/or kill the orca as it just tried to take my leg off, lmao.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R13
AC 23
AC 24 V Depora
HP 32/37
Remaining spells status
Lay Hands: 2/4
CLW's: 1/2
Channels: 4/4

Winter slashes back at the woman before stepping sideways and quickly healing himself...

Attack 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 3 = 18
Damage 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 + 3 = 16

Step to AJ13

Lay Hands1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Rnd 13

"Get ashore and stay ashore." Sebastian moves down near the footbridge and does what he can to help end the more dangerous threat. Move to AK-17 and cast Grease again on Desmora's weapon. DC 14 Ref, no SR.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 13: 11/29 HP, AC 16

Swim check: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16

Pulling her battered form out of the water and onto the pier Caterine takes a short breath as the damage is made plain. Her chain shirt is badly mauled on one side and blood weeps through the links to intermingle with her clothes and the water dripping. She chances a look to where the Orca departed, seeing it savaging Bree... but hoping that Aron's intercession would prove vital in that arena. Knowing that the blades of Winter and Kabal would be more suited to flensing the orca's flesh, Cat instead turns murderous gaze unto the drow.

Her whip acts as her hate made manifest, scything out in an overhead arc towards the back of the one that Winter is locked in combat with. There is no cry of exhortation or insult delivered, just cold resolve as the striker of her whip flashes out towards the drow's neck...

Whip (lethal): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Pull up to AG,12 - then attack AI,11


Depora dodges and dances around blades and whips like a ballerina, all the while giggling in some mad kind of battle-frenzy.

REF save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

she even ignores the slippery grease suddenly covering the hilt of her rapier.

In the water, the orca thrashes wildly with Aron on its back, like a vice, Aron's hands hold tight to the back fin and so the beast decides to dive...

Battle Mat

Bree missing in 13.

Rd14:

Kabal
Sable
Drow
Aron
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Orca
Bree


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal stepped right up behind WInter and chopped with his wicked blade.

Power Attack AK-11: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

One by bloody one; youre all going to meet your vile feckin maker this day. This I swear.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Yes, so sorry Zyren. I tried posting several times last night but it the stupid Internet was not having it.

Bree drags herself towards the center of the island and exams her mangled leg. Feeling as she is now trapped, unable to put much pressure on her leg let alone jump between pieces of land, she makes do with playing Queen of the Island. Reading her crossbow she aims at Depora and shoots(is it Depora at AI11? That's her target either way.)

Crossbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 3


Bree's bolt flies past Cat's ear and hits Depora right between her shoulders. She turns and glares at Bree, then she recognizes her, smiles and blows her a kiss before she concentrates on Winter again...

Like a steam hammer, Kabal smashes into the drow, nearly toppling him off the pier, the drow hisses a curse and clutches his wounded arm, still he returns the favour

Drow attacking Kabal / Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Depora has meanwhile realized she will get in dire straits if she does not finish Winter quickly

Depora attacking Winter / Mace Power attack1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 1 = 27
Damage1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

Rd14:

Kabal (resolved)
Sable (missing)
Drow (resolved)
Aron (occupied)
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Orca (occupied)
Bree

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R14
AC 23
AC 24 V Depora
HP 31/37
Remaining spells status
Lay Hands: 1/4
CLW's: 1/2
Channels: 4/4

Winter replies, although his strike is a little awkward, must be all the distractions.

Attack 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 3 = 27
Damage 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 3 = 10

Lay Hands 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 14: 11/29 HP, AC 16

Now that the orca has fled from sight, Caterine eases herself away from the water's edge. She then turns her attention to the embattled drow woman now beset by both Winter and Kabal. With a wry grin that is almost a grimace through the pain of her ravaged side, she sends a sinuous strand forward to hook Depora's leg...

Trip (with flank): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29

Move to AG,10 - then trip AI,11


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree's free hand rubs her forehead for a brief moment before she snarls and loads the crossbow once more. Aiming once more at that wretched woman, she shoots at Depora, cursing when her bolt goes astray. "Bloody HELL!"

Crossbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

R14

With the whale beneath the waves for the moment, Sable fires his crossbow at Depora.

Crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6

Then moves down the sandbar. AH17


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

RND 14

Sebastian moves up behind Winter and Kabal (AK-13) and warns, "Don't follow her footwork, she may lead you astray with her slippers that grip stone."

Sebastian provides benefits to those within 30': +1 to hit, +1 AC, +1 save vs Drow abilities; 8/13 rounds left.

Status: AC 17; 10/35 HP, Spells 1-2nd/3-1st.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Yay Bard Buffs, now I can go back to hitting hard again


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

HP = 34/47

Kabal had come to trust Sebastian's advice so held back using all of his might lest he be caught off balance plus that drow had scored a solid hit the last time he overextended.

Attack AK-11: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22

Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

:-) You have been in my thoughts. It's just I kept thinking a spell might be more helpful the last two rounds. But please, do continue to smash her, I'll try to keep you upright with CLW from the back.


The whistling of bolts and blades mingled with heavy breathing, painful cries and the sound of the ocean all mingle in the cave to a cacophony of battle - with the orca gone and her last soldier just fallen to Kabal's sword, Depora realizes that this will not end very well...quickly she turns and jumps into the water

AoO for Winter

Meanwhile a large cloud of blood begins to extend where Aron and the whale had gone blow the waters...

Battle Mat


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Damn her all to hell.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Soooo Cat didn't get to attempt the trip? - I had thought Depora acts with the drow, so Caterine should have been able to get the trip attempt off before she had a chance to act again?


You're right-somehow I missed your post! - a single move action would still be enough to jump from the island, right?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Aye a move action would be more than enough to jump into the water


Keke

Even though Depora struggled to regain her footing, she makes it to the island's edge and throws herself into the water.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Depora struggles to her feet as Winter steps in.

"Erastil needs you for a farmer..." and slices at her with his Greatsword.

AoO

Attack 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 3 + 4 = 32
Damage 2d6 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 + 3 + 3 = 16

Crit?
Attack 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 + 4 = 23
Add Damage2d6 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 + 3 + 3 = 15

31HP, thats gotta hurt.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/8
Bree Longfield wrote:
Damn her all to hell.

Hells. There's 9 of 'em.

Waiting to see what happens next. Yay, Winter!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Yes, I want her to go to all of them. Collectively.

Bree stands the rest of the way and starts trying to make her way back across the mini-island she's conquered. Her growls can be heard echoing across the room, punctuating each step she takes.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Fully committed to battle and awash in the blood of several drow; Kabal briefly entertained the thought of jumping in the water after the b*&#*. But the realization that his armor would sink him like a stone sobered him right up.

Damn! Good cut Winter. That b&~&! will bleed well for that one.

He scanned the cave to find his companions.

Everyone still alive?!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree growls loudly in response to Kabal's question.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Well Winter hit Depora last round too, so I'm thinking only her head reaches the water if anything... waiting to find out :P


Female Human-ish

We should so keep her head as a trophy. Take it to a taxidermist and then mount it in the Golden Goblin.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"A few feathers charred, but I will live to fly another day. Valiant efforts, all. I thank you for your efforts... and sacrifice." Sable looks towards the bloody waters for any sign of Depora or Aaron, living or dead.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Action pending resolution of whether Winter's AoO was fatal...


Cat is the only one facing Depora as she turns around to flee - for a split second it seems as if she had already left Winter's reach, but then Cat sees how the confidence is washed from her face and replaced by a grimace of fear, shock and pain. Being a warrior for hundreds of years and having seen hundreds of enemies die in battle, Depora realizes at once that the hit she just took is fatal. She falls on her knees, touches the large wound on her back and grins...she slumps to the ground and looks at Winter

That was good...rematch?
then her gaze freezes.

But before smiles can form on your faces, you hear Mercus' shout

F!&+!

he points at the water, where the blood cloud had risen - parts of Aron are popping up on the water's surface now...this is not over yet...a thought that becomes instantly true as a drow female clad in a black plate mail leaves the last room of the sea caves. On her side dangles an equally black warhammer and large white tattoos obscure her facial features. She claps her hands slowly and giggles

What a nice coincidence that all my enemies kill each other. Let me introduce myself, I'm Shiindira Misraria, commander of this outpost.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Spinning to face the new arrival, Caterine takes the measure of the warrior... thoughts of the battle beneath the water that must still be ongoing playing through her mind. Taking a wary guard against Shiindira as she gathers her whip Caterine scoffs "Not much to be proud of... commander of a wet cave and corpses" indicating the fallen Depora.


A cave is to me what palaces are to you, ignorant. the smile doesn't leave her lips while she corrects you And the loss of Depora is no loss at all, she was a rebel in her heart of hearts, so I don't care...but why have you come here?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree turns back around slowly, loaded crossbow still in hand. A strange twinge of regret passes through her at the sight of Depora's fallen body. She takes in the new Drow woman, Shiindira. Her instincts say to shoot first, ask questions later, but she fears she'll never find Brandon that way.

In a loud and clear voice, devoid of all patience and mirth, Bree asks, "Where is my brother? Where is Brandon?"


Shiindira seems genuinely puzzled

Where is who? Bran..don?...A human slave? Why should I care about such things?

4,651 to 4,700 of 7,148 << first < prev | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.