Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


4,601 to 4,650 of 7,148 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Fending off the lizard unsuccessfully, "You are more bother than threat...oww. But still, it's your master I want." Sebastian squeezes past the stoned-man to come up close to this flame-spewing Drow. 5' adjust to AN-18

Sebastian maintains his Arcane Strike

Naturalist Arcane Strike +1 Longsword Attack vs AE-17 -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Naturalist Arcane Strike +1 Longsword Damage vs AE-17 -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bleeding and cramped in his swing, his appraoch is less than graceful, but he settles into a more threatening posture. "I've now hit my mark. Your death scene is coming."

Status: AC 17; 26/35 HP


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R8
Seeing the last Drow is close to death Winter simply steps back 5' and heals Kabal.

"Less defensive, more offensive, finish him off" Winter asides.

CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Preparing to disengage and go see whats happening with the other melee


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Is Sable down after the last attack, and if so what's his HP?

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

-6

Sable's smoldering body crumples to the ground.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Hold on, I'm coming!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree moves to cover Sable's smoldering body (AJ20) loads, aims and shoots again.
Crossbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


We're waiting for Cat in Rd8

Now that Winter has left the melee he can hear the clacking of boots and angry shouting from the pier leading west - more drow are approaching and the vicious grin on the last soldier's face broadens at the sound of it.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Company!"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 8: 29/29 HP, AC 16

As she weaves out of the way of a flung ball of fire, Cat notices Sable fall... but still sees the druid as a more potent threat than the shadowy pet. She redoubles her efforts, whip flashing murderously out with all the strength she can muster...

Whip (lethal): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 = 21 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Like a flying snake, the whip's tip flies towards the druid and leaves a bloody kiss on his cheek. Infuriated he howls in pain and wrath!

Rd9:

Kabal
Sable
Drow Spellcaster
Drow
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Bree

Battle Mat


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Rd 9 - HP 45/47

Even as Kabal felt the cool healing powers run through him and took Winter's advise to heart to finish the drow off and swung his falcata with all of his strength.

Power Attack vs AC-15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


The strike is followed by a wet noise...the drow's intestinals now cover the floor and the grin has vanished from his face...

I guess Sable is not going to take any action?

The druid decides to step away from Sebastian and hurls another flame at him

Produce Flame 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

His pet follows his example and attacks the actor too

Shadow Lizard attacking Sebastian /Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

On the pier three hurrying drow appear - there rapiers drawn and eager to shed some blood!

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R9

AC23 HP 31/37
Lay hands - 1d6 ⇒ 3

Winter moves forward and holds his ground awaiting their arrival (Held attack at AH16

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13

"With me Kabal!"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 9: 29/29 HP, AC 16

Head filled with dark thoughts as the drow stubbornly refuses to die, Caterine lashes out once more... whip seeking the soft flesh of the dark druid's throat...

Whip (lethal): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 4 = 25 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Round 9

Stabilize Check 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (18) - 7 = 11

Miraculously stable at -6


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Rd9
Taking aim once more, she looses a bolt at the Drow. She curses under her breath when she sees that though her aim was true, it did little to the vile thing. "Bloody hell."

Crossbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

As yet another drow fell to his wicked blade; Kabal started to smile and it wasnt a pleasant sight.

Bah! Lets slaughter some more gods damned drow then. Where are the others?

The big man talked as he moved towards the new enemies.

Move to AH-17

Ready an attack for any drow that come within range.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Rnd 9

"Bah, get off me you miserable creten."

Sebastian maintains his Arcane Strike as he attacks the lizard

Naturalist Arcane Strike +1 Longsword Attack vs Lizard -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Naturalist Arcane Strike +1 Longsword Damage vs Lizard -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status: AC 17; 10/35 HP


Cat's whiplash and Bree's bolt are still not enough to fell the druid, who acts like an automaton, producing one flame after the the other, while his body is covered by injuries that should have killed him already.
Your frustration reaches new heights as Sebastian misses the lizard again and the drow on the pier swap their rapiers for hand crossbows and open fire!

Drow attacking Winter/ Hand Crossbow1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage1d4 ⇒ 4

Confirm1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage1d4 ⇒ 4

Drow attacking Winter/ Hand Crossbow1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage1d4 ⇒ 2

Drow attacking Kabal / Hand Crossbow1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage1d4 ⇒ 3

The druid snarls and hurls another burning ball of black fire at Sebastian

Produce Flame 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

In concerted effort, his minion also decides that bards are a great breakfast

Shadow Lizard attacking Sebastian /Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Rd10:

Kabal (resolved)
Sable (resolved)
Drow Spellcaster (resolved)
Drow (resolved)
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Bree

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R10

AC23 HP 27/37

Winter moves forward to AK16, stepping across the front of the Drow before it has time to reach for its blade again.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

FFS dicebot...


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 10: 29/29 HP, AC 16

Gritting her teeth Cat hisses "Why won't you die dammit" as he sinuous leather weapon eels forward again...

Whip (lethal): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 extra


The druid reacts too slow - the ironed tip of the whip hits his right eye, smashing the socket and ending his life - simultaneously the lizard squeeks in pain and fear - it now looks like it only wants to flee.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Round 10

Patting at his smouldering clothes, Sebastian is more than happy to let the lizard flee. He withdraws to Sables side.

Status: 17 AC, 10/35 HP

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

There... is... another... Sky...walker...


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree fumbles around in her bag for a moment before withdrawing a small cloth wrapped vial, she quickly unwraps and uncorks the vial. Kneeling down next to Sable in a fluid motion, she slides her hand beneath his head and lifts it a bit before pausing to look at Korax. Assured he isn't going to peck her eyes out for touching Sable, she uses the rim of the vial to pull his lip down and begins slowly drizzling the potion down his throat.

Cure Light Wounds Potion 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Sable Eboncrow wrote:
There... is... another... Sky...walker...

Winter 'Kenobi' and Korvax 'Calrisian' are still shooting it out with the Drowtroopers around the corner. I really hope thats Druid Vader you killed and not just Druid Fett, because otherwise we could have a big Drow-Sith and the Emperor about to kerb-stomp the Pally and his Fighty friend on the bridge...unfortunately Korvax and I ARE the Droids they are looking for


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Korvax Calrisian left us long ago and went back to Cloud City - now you are fighting with Kabalbacca by your side, wroooah!

Winter misses the spearhead drow, whose companions quickly scurry over to get into better shooting positions.

Battle Mat


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabalbacca! Right on Zyren!

RD 10 / HP = 42/47

The drow's bolt barely stings as it pierces his upper arm and it certainly doesnt slow him down in his desire to kill more of the vile elves.

Move to AJ-16

Power Attack AK-15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Crit Damage: 2d8 + 20 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 20 + 3 = 34

Take that dark elf!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Princess Breela doing well!

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

R11

1/16

Sable's eyes flutter open, and looks up at Bree. "Well there are certainly worse sights to awake to," Sable smiles. "Thank you. How are the others? And that flame tossing grouse of a cousin?"

Sable motions for Korax to come closer, and looks around assessing the situation.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Sable draws the birch wand from his backpack, "This should help bind the rest of my wounds."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 11: 29/29 HP, AC 16

A grim satisfaction as she robs the druid of breath is not allowed to swell as the sounds of battle behind indicate that there is more work to be done. Cat takes off at speed, loping through the caves.

Double move to AD,17


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree blinks a couple of times, whisking away what might have been a hint of wetness in her eyes. Her smile is not one of awkwardness, but of true joy, until Sable calls his bird over at which point she lets go of him and scuttles back a few feet.

She looks to Sebastian, her hands already itching to use her weapons once more. "I'll leave you to help him, and clean yourself up a bit too."

Bree takes off towards the sounds of battle, crossbow in hand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

I think that leaves Sebastian and Sable as the Droids typically trailing the party having their own conversations. One who knows way too much and talks way too much and the other is wise but nearly incompressible. Sebasti-P0 and Sablu-D2.

And of course the late comer with a sketchy past but is good in a fight: Catrisian

RND 11

UPDATE: Sebastian was at 2 HP last round.

"I was about to do that to you, Sable, but neither of us look in very good shape." Sebastian pulls his healing wand from his belt and douses himself in magic. Healing Wand 46 charges left.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status: 17 AC, 7/35 HP


No one has Kabal ever seen hit so hard - and maybe no one will ever see him hit so hard - the drow however is cleanly cut in two and one half of him falls to each side of the pier!

For the sake of this combat, his companions are not very impressed, they have seen worst things and emotionless fire their crossbows

Drow attacking Winter/ Hand Crossbow1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage1d4 ⇒ 1

Drow attacking Winter/ Hand Crossbow1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage1d4 ⇒ 4

Suddenly behind the pair of remaining drows, Shiindira appears again - the drow who beat you once on the Cyphergate

You again! she shrieks and blows a tiny whistle...slowly the waters next to the pier begin to churn and bubble...

This AP is so badass!

Rd11:

Kabal (resolved)
Sable (resolved)
Drow (resolved)
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Bree

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Geez, the fun keeps on coming...

Guys, opinion? Withdraw or push? 2+BBEG+BBEGNASTYMONSTER whilst we are scattered out? good idea or should we 'withdraw and consolidate?' Kabal? Opinion?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Withdraw? Are you kidding me? Kabalbacca doesn't even know the meaning of withdraw! ;)


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Charge! :P
Zyren - does AE,15 count as ground if Cat were to attempt a running jump to the center section?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R11

Winter decides to try clear some room on the bridge, and charges at the massed drow attempting to open up their front line before they rearm.

Swift Action, Smite Evil Shiindira
Charge + Bullrush
No Aoo with a handcrossbow :p

Bullrush 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 5 = 19 V CMD Drow 1

Bullrush 1d20 + 2 + 5 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 5 + 3 - 4 = 25 V CMD Drow 2 (Shindiira)


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

ZZ:
Her name was Depora in case it matters at all. Also, the battlemat shows me still in front of Sable, and Sebastian still lower. I have started my way back to the others, Sebastian moved up to Sable as well.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Rnd 11

Sebastian had been with Sable. He follows Bree to the sound of fighting (moving 30' to AD-10) and hits himself again with the wand.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds -> 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 45 Charges

Forgot Half-Elf Arcane Training gives me a +1 on each of the wand uses for 2 more HP

Status: 17 AC, 11/35 HP


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ops, Bree has notices that I mixed the BBEG names up - it is Depora not Shiindira - you well meet her later :)

AE 15 is the absolute last square that counts as land for a jump

Like a snowplough Winter crashes into the band of drows, throwing them back, further down the pier!

Cat still has her round 11 action

Rd12:

Kabal
Sable
Drow
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Bree

Battle Mat


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 11: 29/29 HP, AC 16

Taken by a momentary flash of either bravery or insanity... Caterine charges forward and tries to clear the gap to the centre platform in a single running leap...
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11
...not quite making it and coming down in the water. Cursing she quickly scrabbles for the pier to try and wrassle herself up...
Str: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 2 = 8

Running jump from AE,15 - should get me 10ft with my check, putting Cat in the drink at AF,13.
Then try and pull self up onto AG,12.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
DM Zyren / Heart of Riddles wrote:


Like a snowplough Winter crashes into the band of drows, throwing them back, further down the pier!

Glad that worked, was worried that they'd just hold 2:1 in that position and make life tough for us! At least now we have broken their ranks up a bit.[/ooc]


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

HP = 42/47

Kabal follows Winter down the pier and hacks at the drow on his right.

Move to AK-13

Attack AJ-12: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Round 12

Sable touches his wand to the nastier of the wounds, then moves to catch up with the fray.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

HP 10/16
Wand 49/50

Move to AE19


It's a strange sight: Cat is midair, but everyone can clearly see she won't make the distance - then suddenly, the water errupts and a flash of black and white is next to the jumping Cat - an Orca!!!! The several tons weighing whale snaps Cat like a seal and tries to drown her

Hah, this Ap can't go weirder...aliens, star wars, free willy...geez

Orca attacking Cat / Readied Bite1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18

the water dweller nearly kills her with this one attack and Cat faces a dire fate should no one help her...

Meanwhile Kabal hacks stubbornly at the drow, who is unable to parry with his crossbow - quickly both drow draw their rapiers and retaliate

Drow attacking Kabal / Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Rd12:

Kabal (resolved)
Sable (resolved)
Drow (resolved)
Winter
Sebastian
Caterine
Orca
Bree

Battle Mat


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 12: 11/29 HP, AC 20

Swim check: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20

Barely able to keep her head above water as the sea turns crimson around her broken form, Caterine does not even have time to ponder her ill-advised action... instead trying desperately to protect herself from the orca's thrashing jaws. Total defence

Well... Cat's dead...


We'll see - this party always had an ace up their sleeves :)


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Damn! Thats what I get for jumping the gun. Very chagrined that I probably wouldve gotten an AoO also.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/8

And they laughed when I bought a Summon Jason James Richter I scroll! Now they'll see!

4,601 to 4,650 of 7,148 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.