Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


4,251 to 4,300 of 7,148 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Fine, to the ship, with much haste!


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"A ship that preyed upon the plump might have some pickings left for us... and while I'm out here with you lot then Croat need not know if there are any winnings" winking roguishly at whoever she happens to be looking at at the time.


Mercus grins, he is obviosuly proud that his island-knowledge is of some use

Ok, follow me!

Samaritha sighs as the boy jumps up and mutters

We have drow, ghosts, akatas, why not meet some zombie pirates...

No one spoke of zombies, the ship looked fairly new! the boy shouts

And indeed, only three hours later ýou stand at the edge of yet another cliff, this time at the western side of the island. About 30m below you and 200m away from the shore lies a large pirate vessel which ran on a reef and cut open its hull. Its tattered triangular sails still whip wildly above the deck and its three masts display the scars of storms of past battles. It also features a draconic masthead and a ragged black flag bearing the image of a red skull flies above the mainmast.

Knowledge Local DC 15:

This is an Abendego Tricorne, a broader varaint of the caravel, made to master the perils of the Eye of Abendego region.

Knowledge Local DC 20:

This is an Abendego Tricorne, a broader varaint of the caravel, made to master the perils of the Eye of Abendego region.
You recognise the flag! This is the Teeth of Arkasha, the ship of the infamous pirate captain Elreth Treeg, knows an Captain Grudge.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter pushes forward, not knowing lots about boats he doesn't consider anything other than the fact it is a wreck.

He stops about 60' short and moves the party into a defensive line as he Detects Evil aboard...

Should nothing be found he marches the party up to the ship, otherwise he prepares for battle.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal grinned at Mercus's apparrent happiness and Cat's seemingly changing loyalties. Although the sight of the boat wiped it clean from his face. Somewhere deep down he was sure that a boat would be at the forefront of his death. For reasons he couldnt explain getting hacked to pieces, run through or eaten by some monster weren't scary in the least but the thought of droppping like a stone down into deep water made his head hurt. Conscious of all the gear he was lugging he gritted his teeth and waded out with the others.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter runs rope out between the party as they waded out, so that if someone trips they can be drawn back up. Heaviest people near Winter in the middle... all the better if he needed to grow to Giant Winter and simply pick them up


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Casting an appraising eye "She's a stout make... see the wide keel. Likely crossed the gaze of the Eye of Abendego once or twice."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

"Ships are not my strong suit, so I shall trust your judgement. Shall we fly to the battered nest, or does our owl's keen vision glance enemies not seen?"


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Know. Local -> 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"Ha! There's a bitter tale that's met a fitful end. On my passage here, the crew tried to frighten me with tales of this very ship...a pirate ship...of course that was before they robbed me themselves. But [i]this[i] is the Teeth of Arkasha, if the tales describing its flag can be trusted. If the ghost of Elreth Treeg is on board, I don't think it will be as friendly as Yaris...they called him Captain Grudge while living...I doubt death would have improved his mood."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Know religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"A Ghost? If it is indeed a ghost aboard then the Gods have once again found a way for us to do little more than twaddle our thumbs on this fine adventure, as our weapons wont be able to harm it. Steel and Cold Iron do nothing, it takes Magic. The same plan considered for the Demon will still work though, I shall call a prayer to Erastil to annoit the blade of Kabal and through faith the Ghost shall be destroyed. I pray though, that we find only undead of a corporeal kind"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

And I pray that there arent any damn undead at all! But certainly appreciate the dweomers if there are. Most likely scared people telling tall tales to cover their fears.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian looks a little sheepish, "no, no, no....I am NOT saying there is a ghost. It's just the way things are going, I would be surprised if there was. The stories I heard, the Captain was a living terror at the time...but this island seems to change a man."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I hope there isn't, I'd actually consider us blessed to face a challenge we can all be involved in for once. I loathe that we always seem stuck in a coridoor or with some creature only able to be hit by so few of us, an honest fight on the decks of that ship doing good deeds would be a sweet bit of welcome luck."


Even though the actual distance is rather short, it takes you about ten minutes to wade over to the ship. More than once the sharp edges of the reefs jutting out of the water cut into your boots or one of the stronger waves nearly knocks you down - but at last you reach the mussel encrusted bow of the Teeth of Arkasha.

The gilded draconic masthead looks down on you with such a ferocius expression, you fear it could come alive every moment.

As you look for a way to get onto the ship, you suddenly hear hammering, sawing and cursing from above

Do ghosts do that?

Mercus asks oafishly.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"No, I'd call that a good sign... lets get aboard".

Whats the way up, anything obvious or is it ropes? Otherwise Winter will hulk out and start 'putting' people up there. Winter is keen to put down some divine butt kicking, having to essentially flee every major confrontation or being outright cockblocked each time has led to him wanting a bit of kick-ass. Initiative up and maps out, he wants to bang a few heads in pursuit of law and order. :)


Mercus grins and like a little monkey climbs up to the deck using small holes and gaps in the ship's hull to place his feet and hands

I'm up, here's a bunch of...oh..umm sir...I didn't want to...well, heh...HELP!

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

Crossbow drawn, Sable levitates upwards to aid Mercus, and see what is happening.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bree curses under her breath and a barely audible ...fool boy... could be heard before scrambling up the side of the ship using the same handholds that Mercus did.

Climb - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Gaining the top rail she looks over cautiously

Perception - 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

------------------------------------------------

Kabal looked at the ships curved side and wondered how he'd get his bulk up there. But he didnt have time to think and wasnt prone to doing so even if he did. He reached up as high as he could get and used straight brawn to grip where he could and didnt stop til he was on deck.

Climb - 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian climbs behind Kabal, not in a rush to join a fight, but damn curious what Mercus is talking to.

Climb -> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter simply grows to his giant size and pulls himself up.

1rd use


On board of the Teeth of Arkasha Mercus has stumbled into and is now nearly surróunded by a band of pirates...these guys look like the kind of men that have a stay away orders even in the shabbiest of Riddleport taverns.

There are seven of them and they look more than a bit surprised as they see the hulking Winter and the floating Sable.

I'm Jeremiah Blacktooth, first mate of this fine ship - who are you?

...a bearded pirate bellows. Cautiously the men unsheath their braod sabres.

Meanwhile Mercus quickly runs back to the railing next to Kabal.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I'm sorry, but we have apparently wasted our time once again. I was informed unreliably that this was a shipwreck, and was also misled to believe there might be ghosts or the like aboard. Seems that on every count I have been let down by this fellow who is about to depart our company. I bid you all good day. Mercus, you are to return immediately to your camp with Croat, you have led us in circles every time."

"As this isn't a shipwreck requiring a rescue, and as there are no undead in need of vanquishing, I bid good day to you gentlemen." Winter just as quickly ends the conversation.

Winter looks slightly irritated at what has been found, Mercus has clearly falle out of his good graces.


Mercus grabs Winter's coat and says

I just said it looked like a shipwreck! Oh come on, don't send me back!

Yeah, don't send him back...we will care for the boy and he will be especially helpful since our provisions have run low.

Blacktooth says while licking his lips.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I'm sorry Mercus, but nothing you have said or done to date has proven reliable. You are no longer required."

"Thanks all the same for your fine offer of hospitality, however I believe it is my duty to return him to where I found him. Good day gentlemen" The tone is firm, it is clear to all parties that Winter considers the matter finalised.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine remains below in the water overhearing the words as spoken. She awaits Winter's return so they can make back for the land.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

"He's just a hatchling wanting to learn to fly. I'd be tempted to puff up my breast too to fit in with such an impressive clutch. Blacktooth, the boy shall be coming with us, there's no need to be hasty. If hunger drives you, a short flight away you can find some very tasty blue feline creatures. Let us take the young one and nothing else need said on the matter."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Sable has the right of it and Ill be damned if any of these feckin louts even try to touch him. Mercus only said that a ship had wrecked on the reef. We made quite a few assumptions after that on our own. The foul is on us and not the lad.

Kabal couldnt believe that Winter was acting so harshly to Mercus. He's supposed to be the level headed one! Just another case of this island driving them all mad. But he was itching for a fight and seven sorry sailors didnt scare him in the least. He unlimbered his shield and drew his sword while they were just standing there. His stance made it clear that any trangression would be met with steel and determination.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Peering over the rail, Sebastian mutters, [smaller]"I was the one thinking ghosts. And low...little did I expect the wreck to be so recent that the crew were still here."[smaller]

"Perhaps with reason, they can be more blades against the akatas. If these...hearty men, Croat's crew, Samaritha's wizards and the Dwarves at the docks, can join forces, we could ensure all our safety."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter awaits the various responses, sword in hand now to reinforce the message that he is not inclined to be either waiting or talking any longer.

"This island has strained my patience, I was rather hoping it might be a little different to Riddleport in that we would for once have a clear opponent to face and battles might be fair and square. I appear to have had those hopes in vain as all it is happens to be more of the same. Opponents have not thge decency to call themselves so, and the occasional ones that do have every advantage over us - it is rather affronting"

"So perhaps Mercus you find yourself at the sore spot of my frustration and have become its focus, so in fact that fault is mine. So hurry up and get off this ship, for I have a demon to go vanquish and with the odds stacked against me I need to clear my mind and meditate on my frustrations"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 towards the Pirates

Ball is in their court, draw steel and advance or we are out of here :)


Blacktooth and his fellow (cannibal) pirates look at Mercus with a certain kind of predatory greed. The old Pirate then grins and shows some black stumps

Hey, no need for such a rash leave, we call the captain and then we all will have a nice dinner, kay?

He now slowly draws his sabre and his companions follow him likewise.

May I roll the nice D20?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Cry havoc and let loose the Winter of War ;)

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

To battle!


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"It appears your suggestion we stay to enjoy your hospitality is more than a request. I would give caution that you might find us to be rather poor guests and often quite a handful when it comes time for the dance at the end of the evening..."

yay a stand up fight!


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

If there's time before the throwdown Caterine would seek to get above decks...
Climb: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

With their veiled invitation and the way the pirates looked at Mercus had Kabal angry and mad about it. These louts would get no quarter with him. He remembered some of the sailor's lingo he heard while on the long voyage to Riddleport.

Bah! Let's have at it you milk drinking scurvy dogs!


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Turning to Caterine as she climbs up beside him, Sebastian mutters, "Huh. When those sailors said the pirates would eat me up and spit out the bones,I thought that was just colorful language."


Bree's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Sable's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Winter's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Sebastian's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Kabal's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Caterine's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Pirates' Initiative1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

While Caterine makes it aboard, Mercus climbs down, terrified by the hungy pirates. Samaritha also stays there, her still swollen ankle denying her a quick ascend.

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R1

5' step

Enlarge to cover squares 14-15 K & L

Casts Protection from Evil.

(Now that I have 10' reach, some will provoke AOO if they move)


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Round 1

Drawing his sword, Sebastian points at the nearest cannibal and then points at Kabal. "You won't want to at me, I ate some of his rations today, and now I probably taste just like him...I mean look at him."

Cast Hideous Laughter at I-19. Will save DC 14 or no action with a second save in Rnd 2 or no action for 4 rounds total.

Status: AC 17; 35 HP; Spells 1) 3/4, 2) 2/2


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 1: 29/29 HP, AC 16

Caterine's right hand goes immediately for the coiled whip at her waist, left hand pointing at the nearest target "You're ugly" before bringing the whip down in a heavily swung overhead arc...
Whip (non-lethal): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit Conf: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Intimidate to Demoralize (from Enforcer): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Frightened 1 round and shaken for 15 rounds if successful
...surging her arm back and making the cracker snap across the bridge of the man's nose.

Stand and deliver on I,17

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

R1 Sable will fire his crossbow at one of the pirates in the back G18

Crossbow Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Will save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The pirate looks at Kabal and nearly collapses from laughing HE...YOU...HAH!

-----

Next to the man, the blinding whiplash of Caterine hits the man right across his face and with a yowl of pain the pirate goes down.

------------

Rd 1

Winter (resolved)
Sebastian (resolved)
Bree
Caterine (resolved)
Sable (resolved)
Pirates
Kabal

Waiting for Bree

Battle Mat


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bree was disgusted at the pirates display. Their leering at Mercus reminded her of her brother and who knew what was happening to him. She wasnt typically not prone to violence but she was looking forward to putting her deadly daggers to work against them.

Draw Dagger and ready an attack if one comes close enough.

Attack w/ +1 dagger - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

damage - 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


The pirates run over to you and get into hitting reach for Winter aswell as for Cat.

2 AoOs please.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine doesn't actually threaten with the whip outside of 5ft yet.
Have to wait for Level 5 for that.


Ah, kay, then I address only Winter.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

AOO

Trip 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Ugh


Winter misses the wildly grinning pirate and soon the men are close enough for melee action

Pirate attacking Winter / Cutlass1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage1d8 ⇒ 2

Bree is able to stab her enemy in the belly before he swings his broad weapon at her

Pirate attacking Bree/ Cutlass1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage1d8 ⇒ 5

The other three men attack Kabal and aim for his tighs and arms

Pirate attacking Kabal/ Cutlass1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage1d8 ⇒ 5

Pirate attacking Kabal/ Cutlass1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage1d8 ⇒ 3

Pirate attacking Kabal/ Cutlass1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage1d8 ⇒ 4

Don't destroy the filets, hah!

Blacktooth shouts.

Kabal missing in rd1

Rd 2

Winter
Sebastian
Bree
Caterine
Sable
Pirates
Kabal

Battle Mat


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Just been waiting for the pirates to go.

Kabal felt a heat under his collar and pressure in his temples. He was pissed off and mad about it! He decided rather quickly that these pirates would feel the brunt of it.

swift action to enter Rage. +4 Strength 1/6 rds. AC = 22

He chopped down on the one right on front of him (J,18)

Power Attack - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Damage - 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Edited for crowd control


I know you weren't lazy :)

4,251 to 4,300 of 7,148 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.