Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


4,001 to 4,050 of 7,148 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>

Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

The mercenary from Brevoy spat in disgust at Cat's reminder that they had to retread along the narrow walkway again.

Gods be damned maybe we should press on through the cave instead of risking faling to our deaths.

He didnt mean that and it was evident as he began helping Winter with the tedious task of removing his armor and seriously thought about doing it himself.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Well I am glad my fellows have maintained their senses of humour, as it would be a shame to have that marked as a casualty. We need some way of obtaining cold-iron weapons if we are to press back in there, perhaps we might find another more amiable camp that has a boat run to Riddleport"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"We get back in one piece I'll put the word to Croat and see what I can squeeze out of him"

Technically Caterine is still one of Croat's women... so I'm assuming at minimum I'd be reporting back to him?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Though we are normally on curiously cordial terms with Mr Croat, are you certain all is safe back at that encampment? I'd not feel comfortable with sending you to ask a question on our behalf if it would cause you unwanted outcomes"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"We can probably find some iron tools in some of the areas where men were trying to mine the star metal."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine shrugs her shoulders and sighs before answering "I've no idea, but he is my paymaster." musing a few moments before adding "Perhaps I'll steal in to talk with Sven first before broaching things with Croat"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Good idea Bree, perhaps that might yield some results if we can't get a shipment. Caterine I simply urge you to be cautious, anything looks wrong then I bid you return swiftly"


Mercus shrugs and scratches his head - unable to turn his eyes away from the rolling ocean he says

We could go to the place where the star impacted - around the crater we found the most akatas.

Climbing back is a DC acrobatics check.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

More akatas? Well we know we can kill them with our steel. Plus it falls in line with Bree's idea of looking for mining tools. Good thinking lad.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Ensuring everyone is tied off with rope, Winter crosses over.

Acro 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"We need a defensible spot to rest, then to teh Akatas, perhaps we can rest near the camp whilst Catherine checks in. We need to ensure we are freshly prepared before running into more combat"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal goes next after Winter so he can anchor the oppostite side for the others while the priest armors back up.

Acrobatics - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Mercus follows Winter on quick feet - even though it looks like it was a piece of cake for the boy, he seems relieved to be back on the island proper.

Phew...

Samaritha has waited nearby, she reads in one of her books while sitting on a large boulder. As Winter turns up she packs the book away and greets him

Are you ok? Didn't expect you to be back so early!


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Demons, and we've not the metal to face them. We need to explore the island and uncover what is going on, perhaps that will furnish us with what we need"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 = 7

Clearly fate has chosen Caterine to be the damsel in distress of the day as her footing falters the second time out of two crossings...


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Acrobatics -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sebastian will fill in Samaritha on the Shadow Demon and the Rune Stones as they walk, seeing if she has any insight.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

A beaming smile crosses her lips at the simple praise Winter offered her, but quickly she pushes it back down and focuses her eyes on the ground, hiding her face from view.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Strength check to pull Caterine back up again 1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was only slightly surprised when Mercus shot ahead of him onto the ledge. This proved advantageous for Caterine as he was in front of her when she slipped. He was slower than Bree in reacting but had the benefit of larger muscles.

Strength check to grab Cat - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

I got you lass!

he heaved to pull the whip wielder back onto the preciface.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Sable follows up, looking back as they leave the den of drow.


Kabal's muscled arm grabs Cat by the collar and like a puppet puts her back onto the ledge - once everyone has made it more or less safely to the other side Samaritha continues to ask what happened

Demons? What kind of demons? And no drow?

she looks at Mercus fearing the boy had lied to you.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Seeing the look she gives to Mercus, Bree is quick to defend, "There were Drow alright."


And did you overcome them? Was the demon their ally? How many were there? How were they equipped?

Samaritha overwhelms Bree with questions


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine mouths a silent thanks to Kabal, though she is red-faced at needing to be saved again. Once the ledge has been traversed, she turns to Winter "When you've chosen where to lay up, I'll make for Croat to check in. You want to send a baby sitter with? - seems I've a habit of needing to be saved..." making light of her struggles with balance.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

The mercenary nodded at Caterine and shook his head at Samaritha's unrelenting queeries. He was just glad the woman hadnt started asking him.

We could camp here. The ledge will offer some protection from that way and we're still somewhat close to Croat's. Although I dont think going back there at this point will be nothing but trouble. Let old pig face calm down and clear his head a spell. Let's push on to the meteor site and only rely on Croat as a last resort.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Even though Samaritha has been a frequent sight for Bree the last few months, just as she would with anyone asking a plethora of questions Bree becomes suspicious and her eyes narrow, a dangerous look indeed.

Sense motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"Why are you so interested in the Drow and the demon? Why so many questions?"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Well so long as we can rest and gather ourselves, then we can push to the crash site with a bit more safety and health. Caterine, perhaps if things go well I could ask you indulge me in asking if Mr Croat has an boats ferrying between his camp and Riddlport, for I would request some weapons furnished of Cold Iron. Of course I expect a premium to be charged and will consider this in the payment"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine nods at Winter's words before making ready to move back to his camp to report.

Anyone coming with Cat on the Croat run?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Probably not Winter...


Samaritha backs away as she notices the dangerous glint in Bree's eyes

Uh...I was just interested - I mean, isn't that the reason why you entered the cave? To find the drow?

seeking help she looks at Sebastian.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter lets the exchange between Samarita and Bree play out, noting it, but not intervening. Only a slight smile betrays his inner thoughts.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal grimaced and spat to the ground.

I'll go back with you Caterine but I damn sure dont like the idea of it. Let's get going and get it over with then.

The former mercenary chacked his kit and the straps on his armor before heading out with the whip wielder.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Smiling wryly at the big one's reticence, Caterine nods her assent before guiding Kabal back to Croat's encampment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree takes in the rest of the group briefly before her eyes land back on Samaritha. "We went in, we found a couple of Drow," jerking her head back in the direction of the rest of the group, she continues just as brusquely. "They killed them. We found a demon, we did not kill it. We came to find iron weapons. That's it."

Bree stands there staring at Samaritha for a moment longer, blinking on occasion before she says, "Sorry. I'm not much for answering questions. How's your ankle?"

She doesn't seem to like the idea of Kabal going off back to Croat's with just Caterine. So, after a moment she jogs off behind them, falling into step with Kabal.


Samaritha nods and replies

It's better, don't worry baout it, I can run and jump like Sebastian. What kind of demon was it? Can you describe it?


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Shadow Demon. Made of black mist. It fled when Winter triggered a burst of light."


Samaritha grabs her pack, unloads its contents onto the groud and grabs a small black leather book

Like this?

She shows you a drawing of a demon that looks pretty similar to the one from the cavern.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Yep. That is pretty much what I saw."


A shadow demon she whispers an Ungo Rauko in the language of the elves. A certainly very powerful entity and even more certainly allied with the drow. Winter did the right thing in conjuring light, these creatures are powerless in light and you should be safe as long as you have light around you.

When Cat and Kabal get ready to wander back to Croat's camp Mercus decides to accompany them

Hey, what do we tell Croat if he asks us what all this is about? Do we trust him?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was pleased to have Bree along and grinned despite himself when Mercus joined the small group. He patted the lad on the shoulder and spoke his mind.

Feck no! We cant trust him or any of his goons unless Caterine knows some straight up folk in the camp. We stick together and dont take no s~%$e from nobody. These clever ladies should have some good ideas on what to tell Croat. Or you? What are you thinking man?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine mulls over the question of Croat's allegiance for a few moments before adding her thoughts "There's many ways to say the words that leave some of the meaning obscured.... though before we see Croat, I'm for talking to Sven - he's a stout heart and I trust him."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

After a moment of watching Caterine out of the corner of her eye, she says, "I agree, Sven seemed alright and if Cat trusts him or any of the others in specific, then we should begin with them. The more of his men that stand behind us, the less likely Croat is to take action against us. Not until he knows just how deep the fissure runs."


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bah! Croat be owing us his sanity. Else he'd still be drooling on the damn floor for that dark hearted drow. Let's just hope he remembers that and dont a reminder. But you're right; if Cat here trust somebody then so should we.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

During the planned wait, Sebastian will sit with Samaritha. "Can I look at that book of yours? It seems we might have a bit of wait and I can't think of a better way to spend it than riffling your pages."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bahaha! Good one, Sebastian.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Dark winds to summon dark shadows. These elusive kin have had years of being the stuff of legend to fill their nests with an assortment of ill company."

Sable looks out over the waters, idly watching the skies while the company waits.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter begins cleaning his weapons and armour, seemingly reflecting on the days events.

"Yes, and they have chosen to encamp so close to Riddleport. I wonder if there is a broader pattern in all this, the strange Cyphergate, runestones, dark elves with evil hearts... are all these things here as a result of the malignancy found in Riddleport, or are they the unconscious cause, leaving their imprint on the psyche of otherwise decent people?"

"Who can tell, was it the chicken or the egg that came first? does it matter? Either way I must till the fields, husband the flock, and do what I can to make a fine garden from the many crops of Riddleport. I am blessed to be given such a broad parcel of land to work with. I take it as a sign of Erastils faith and trust in me that he gifted me with so many tasks and so many opportunities to serve Him and fellow man."

He continues sharpening his sword.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine verbally steps lightly "No matter what you think the state of his mind.... Croat's still my paymaster, and he hasn't done ought to me that would change that... yet..."


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal knew too well what kind of man Croat was and remembered clearly butchering his men that took sport with the young girl in Riddleport. He couldnt bear to retell the tale though, especially with the lad within earshot.

If you say so Cat. That pig has a heart as dark as any damn drow's skin. But I trust your judgement and will let you lead in the exchange. Im just coming along to make sure nothing untoward happens. Any hint of misdealings and Im gonna cut us a way out of there.


It takes Kabal, Cat and Mercus only about half an hour down the packed-earth path along the shoreline of the island until they reach the encampment. As the first beige tents come into view Mercus stops and points at a nearby thicket

We could hide and wait there until someone appears that we know we can trust - Aron or Sven for example?!

------back at the cave

Samaritha hands the book to Sebastian and grins as her and Bree's gazes meet...then she comments on Winter's musings

You met this elf in the city, right? I guess it was Sable who told me that he was some kind of drow hunter - if that is true, I doubt they have been here for a long time already - These Lantern Bearers, as elusive as they are, are pretty well organized, I guess.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine shakes her head and responds to Mercus "I've no real skill at hiding and skulking about would surely raise questions, no? Best we take the forward approach..." and she moves to walk within the tents, preferably approaching from an angle that would bring her across Sven's tent before Croats...

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Unchallenged but watched by more than some pairs of eyes your reach Sven's tent. The Ulfen pirate sits in front of it on a small stool and tries to carve arrows from some flexible twigs. Just as he notices you he breaks the missile in two and curses loudly

By Gorum's hairy balls, this...oh, Cat!

4,001 to 4,050 of 7,148 << first < prev | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.