Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


3,951 to 4,000 of 7,148 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

umm...?


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sorry, Been on the road for work and the internet opportunities have been more infrequent than I had planned or would have given a heads up. Will be back on Monday, to regular posting.

Sebastian hears the commotion and the black swirling mists put his mind in motion.

Know. Planes -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 If the creature is rare (which I assume) Sebastian's Naturist ability will kick in on his Turn (with a performance) if the CR is 11 or less)

"There was a tome we passed around that was supposedly forbidden but as it was pretty funny. But in it, th book I mean, called My Shadow and Me, My Shadow Ate Me spoke of Demon creatures not of the Hells but of the Plane of Shadows"


Ready for ass-whipping now? CR is less than 11. The only weaknesses of this creature Sebastian knows of are cold iron weapons, good weapons and sunlight.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Oh sweet, well thanks designers for the ass-whooping we are about to recieve... :p At least Winter can hit it.


M Human Fighter 4

Rad, Corvax is next to useless. Damage absorption powers away!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

I think its your turn Bree :)

Bah! This thing will go down like any other if we chop it up enough times. You stay back there Mercus.

Kabal would never admit that he a bit apprehensive about facing off with this demon...or whatever in the hells it is...and he well understood his friends feeeling the same way but he wasnt one to stall on caution.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Yeah, yeah. Bree does stall on caution though, except for those chaotic moments when she's completely reckless. This isn't one of them.

Bree attempts to move into a flanking position (which square is Winter occupying? Guess there aren't a lot of possibilities for flanking atm) and strikes at the demon tentatively.

Masterwork dagger 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable waits for an opportunity, with spells in mind at the ready.


Rd 1

Winter (resolved)
Bree (resolved)
Shadow Demon (resolved)
Sebastian
Kabal
Corvax
Caterine
Sable

The demon cackles as Bree's dagger sinks into the darkness of its body leaving no wound behind. Then it opens its mouth and growls in a high pitched voice before it slashes with claws and tries to bite with its sharp-teethed maw

All attacks are touch attacks...this thing is really wicked. The dsecond damage die is alswayscold damage

Shadow Demon attacking Winter /Claw 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

Shadow Demon attacking Winter /Claw 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5

Shadow Demon attacking Winter /Bite 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + (6) = 12

Confirm1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6) = 10

Battle Mat


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

F***! How do they reckon L4 dudes with little gear are supposed to take these things on? whacky. Good thing Winter has Cold Resist or hed be just about 1 rounded. Just to clarify, with Protection from Evil if it was summoned it couldn't attack him - can we assume it had good SR to break the protection? (or just wasn't summoned?) - Yes, this is a backdoor way to see what its SR might be :p


It sadly wasn't summoned -the AP says it's here for decades and just got friend with the arriving drow since they all shared the badass quality...


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Fantastic :p Oh well only 17 Damage - better than the 30!


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 1:

Caterine's eyes go wide as the demon resists the thrust of Bree's dagger and it's claws wreak terror unto the Paladin of Erastil. Gulping she moves through the caverns to nearer the melee, and tests her arm to see if her whip is of any use...

Move to AK,21 if possible.
Whip: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Cat's whip slashes thorugh the swirling darkness but the monster does not show any signs of pain and just laughs vilely like a banshee!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal pushes into the chamber expecting certain death and moved to make room for any that followed. Move to AK,20

And struck out with his falcata quite erringly.

Attack - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Umm am I the only one able to damage it!?


No-it has only DR 10 - Kabal can surely deal more than 10


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian realizing there is little he can add except trying to keep the fighters upright. Hearing Winter's cry, he moves up (to AH-8) drawing his wand as he goes, and delivers a healing to the cleric.

Cure Light Wounds wand (+1 for Arcane Training) -> 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5 46/50 charges left


Rd 1

Winter (resolved)
Bree (resolved)
Shadow Demon (resolved)
Sebastian (resolved)
Kabal (resolved)
Corvax
Caterine (resolved)
Sable

Sebastian can you please clarify the coordinates: AH-8 does not look correct


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Cat is resolved as well - a whip whiff


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sorry, Not sure where that 8 came from, should have been AH-21. Must of had CLW's d8 on the brain.


That's a bit too much wall in that square-I put you adjacent to it.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

If there is room, Sable takes up Kabal's previous position [/ooc]AI22[/ooc] and attempts to catch the shadow with his burning gaze

SR check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fire Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fortitude save DC 16 to negate
Reflex save DC 16 to avoid catching fire
On-fire Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Corvax, in a curious display of what otherwise seems rather rash activity, comes flying past Winter and into the space beside the creature... (AI19)

When he arrives across from Bree, he uses the subsequent confusion of his crazy antics to sweep the legs of the creature.

"Gonna need a wooden leg for that matey!"

Trip - 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 26 VS CMD

If that thing has combat reflexes, Corvax might not love me any more - but if it ends up on its a$$ we will certainly love him.


The shadow laughs as Corvax' attack sweeps through the swirling mist without dealing any damage - suddenly it dawns on Sebastian: this whole thing is an incorporeal creature - a category of undeads and demons that is one of the hardest to fight! wow lol, the AP wants you dead here...

While this makes it normally vulnerable to magic attacks its inner fire resistance makes it ignore Sable's attack as well - remembering what Sebastian said earlier assuming he shared his knowledge (sun)light might be your only chance to kill this thing.

While Corvax is still surprised and confused the monster tries to bite his neck

Shadow Demon attacking Corvax/Bite 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage1d8 + 1d6d6 ⇒ (4) + (2, 6, 5, 2) = 19

Battle Mat

Rd 2

Winter (resolved)
Bree (resolved)
Shadow Demon (resolved)
Sebastian
Kabal
Corvax
Caterine
Sable


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was embarrassed at the complete failure of his earlier attempt at killing the demon and was fearful for his companions safety. Something inside of him broke at the moment and a rage unlike any he'd felt before rushed through him fueling his muscles to new strength as he chopped at the demon.

+4 Strength. 6 rds.

Power Attack - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Damage - 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

R2

...and thats when the whole area fills with the light of an angel, as Winter radiates out a pure silvery incandescence that cuts through the darkness immediately. is Angel blood has flared, seeking to drive out this denizen of shadow.

Daylight.

And heals himself...

Lay hands - 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 2:

Bereft of any other ideas, Caterine turns to desperate hope. She calmly begins to re-coil her whip and speaks in the silky, yet guttural words of the drow... "Nuž, budem musieť opustiť zábavu s ostatnými. Ten pred vami je syn anjelov a jeho svetlo zatieniť svojho tmu. Počítajte si sekúnd sú číslované. zdravím..."

Undercommon:
"Ah well, I shall need to leave the fun to the others. The one before you is a son of angels and his light shall outshine your darkness. Count your seconds for they are numbered."

The thinking is wishful... how does the divine dicebot view the attempt: Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 - booyah!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

R2

"Bloody freaking hell!" Growling her frustration, Bree shifts into a defensive stance. Obviously this thing can't be hurt by her, and now she's a bit sandwiched in, so there is little left for her but to watch the tunnel behind her leading out of here (the one in the AM19-20 area) with her back to Kabal's.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

R2

"They are incorpreal, weapons will pass through them unless they are magic, and even then might do nothing, and even then we need cold iron to really hurt it. We need Daylight...REALLY Bright Light!.....Whoa. That will do it, Winter, keep it up. Anyone with a magic weapon hit it now...HARD."

He steps up and helps distract the beast in an attempt to aid Kabal

Aid Kabal on attack-> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


The shadow demon stares hard at Cat as she suddenly speaks in a more than familiar tongue to it, but before it is able to answer, a nova of white light engulfs the black creature and tears at its very fabric - suddenly bereft of its powers the monster turns invisible and with an eerie shriek flees into a dark crack in the wall behind it!

Mercus stares wide-eyed at winter, the crossbow has fallen out of his hands and his legs are shaking

...wha...what?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

guessing that since Winter and the demon both went before Kabal that his actions didnt even happen?

Kabal was shocked and a little perturbed when the demon seemed to disappear.

Bah! There went all our fun. Did you destroy it or will it creep up on us when we least expect it?


correct


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

No AOO? lame.

"It has fled for now. I suggest we reconsider pressing our assault and withdraw from this cave, that thing will be back again once it regathers its courage, and no doubt will be in company with allies."

LOL is there content we were supposed to have levelled up through BEFORE facing something that crazy? or does the AP really want to kill us? :p


I guess you really need someone with "daylight" in his spellbook...otherwise this thing is nearly unable to kill unless you have three fighters with good magic weapons. And I just skipped the AOO since you wouldn't have killed it anyway :)


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Yeah was just wondering if we got ahead of ourselves on the AP and shouldn't be here quite yet. At least Winters Smite can hurt it, as it cuts through DR... but yeah if theres more stuff in the cave we'd get smashed I reckon. Time to fight another day - maybe after we clear the island?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Smirking at the demon fleeing though her hands are shaking slightly with fear, Caterine looks around to see if anyone understood what she said to the being of shadow...


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal considered Winter's words about leaving.

Huh, wont get any arguments from me there. Alright then, let's back out and then we'll decide what to do next.

The large man realized but wouldnt admit that he couldnt even remember why they came into the cave in the first place.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree's eyes dart around the room, attempting to readjust to the darkness. Her eyes narrow briefly as she takes in Cat, not understanding what it is the woman said, but recognizing the sound of the words that Depora spoke as she slid the knife into Bree's flesh and kissed her forehead. Bree finds that herself fingering that same spot on her forehead frequently, even still. Thinking about it, in fact, she finds her fingers there now.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

As he is heading for the exit, Sebastian adds, "It is possible those runestones might be holding that thing in here. At least that is a better hope than the Drow have summoned it." As he emerges on to the narrow shelf, he is very grateful to see the sun again.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"I would not disagree that discretion is the better part of valor in this instance" making to follow after the rest of the party.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"As much as it pains me to leave such an epitome of Evil behind, it serves no one to die foolishly out of pride. I intend to send that thing back to its home, but once we have the right tools for the task. Cold iron, bright light, and the will of Erastil"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

So we're leaving the cave then???


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Seems to be the idea espoused at present.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Yeah Bree, it was either 'walking' or 'feet first', so for now lets get out alive and come back with Cold Iron weapons - or maybe wipe the island first... I'm thinking (META) we must have missed content or something - surely the designers wouldn't put an under equiped L4 party up against that thing and likely more bad guys to boot...surely!?

With a bit of bitter disappointment nagging at him, Winter covers the rear as the party withdraws.

OK DMZZ - guess its back to the beach - do we need a map refresh?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree grumbles something mostly incoherent under her breath about Brandon, but follows the group as they leave the cave.


New Island Map

A: The Spot where you landed
B: The Ruins of Witchlight, where you rescued Samaritha
G: The Sea Cave
E: Croat's Camp

Back in the sunlight with the thundering ocean below you you feel relieved even though you know that you have to balance along the ledge again...


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Perception - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Kabal thought he heard Bree muttering against leaving but let the matter drop. He was relieved to be outside of the dark cave but was experiencing a moment of doubt as they had no target of intent.

So? Where to now? Surely we cant go back to Croat's camp. What else is around here Mercus?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Well if those creatures have left, then perhaps the Witchlight ruins at least provide us a defensible structure from which we can operate. From there we can investigate the westerly side of the island quickly. Perhaps Sable, your companion might sail aloft on the breeze and inform us of any movement or structures in the West, better to guide our actions?"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Rolling her eyes slightly, Caterine adds in a playful jest "Perhaps we should get back on safer land before we start figuring out the next step?" gesturing at the slippery span of rock that nearly claimed her life as they arrived. "I'll keep an eye while you peel off the metal skin and make the pass" standing sentry near to the cave exit while Winter makes ready to traverse the ledge.

Unless Zyren handwaves Cat's chance to fall once more ;)

3,951 to 4,000 of 7,148 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.